Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker - Religion (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker (1387338 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24, 2018

YOU CAN DO IT
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

If you ever think that nothing is impossible, think of Phillipe Croiizon. Phillipe was born in 1968. As a youth, he lost his arms and legs through electrocution. In August 2012, Phillipe accomplished the impossible as he became the first physically challenged without limbs to swim across the English Channel and the Bering Strait, the waterways connecting five continents: Oceania, Asia, Europe, Africa and America. What a challenge to youths of this
generation!

My friend, our text says that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. What an assurance! You may presently be experiencing seemingly impossible challenges in your life, with no hope of solution in view. Refuse what your sight and other senses minister to you and firmly hold onto the promises of God. Like Phillipe, you will weather your storms victoriously if you persevere. You can gain that difficult college admission, excel in those difficult courses and overcome any sinful habit. God will grant you an all-round victory if you consecrate your life to Him.

Challenge: "Believe you can do all things through Christ in you."

Prayer: "Dear Lord give me faith to attempt the impossible."

Quote: "You can do all things."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Samuel 17: 32-51; Mark 9: 23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On Jan 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2019

WHAT A PROMISE
TEXT: REVELATION 12:7-11

"And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen" (Romans 16:20).

It is common to see people highly elated and rolling on the crusade ground while sharing the testimonies of their deliverance from the torments of Satan. When they think of the affliction and sorrow they had undergone for years, they burst into tears of joy. God, in a twinkling of an eye, had set them free at just the mention of the name of Jesus.

What great news for us today! Victory over Satan is sure. The brain behind all problems of life-sorrow, sin, sickness, curse, loss, lack, affliction, temptation, limitation, etc. - will be put under our feet shortly. Jesus has already defeated Satan for us on the cross. All we need to do as believers is to claim this promise of God by exercising authority over Satan in prayer of faith. But a sinner cannot exercise this authority over Satan. You can only enjoy this wonderful promise if your sins have been washed in the precious blood of the Lamb. Are you a child of God? Ask Him to destroy every plan of Satan against your progress.

Chɑllenge: "Victory over Satan is possible."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, destroy all the works of Satan in my life, in Jesus name."

Quote: "God, in a twinkling of an eye has set them free."

Further Reading: Revelation 12:7-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2019

BURDEN FOR THE UNSAVED
TEXT: ROMANS 9:1-16

"That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart" (Romans 9:2).

David Livingstone was moved with compassion when he read a challenge from a missionary in Africa that, "On a clear morning the smoke of a thousand villages could be seen where the name of Christ had never been heard." The burden for the unsaved in Africa made him to abandon his medical practice in England. In the course of spreading the gospel in South Africa, he was attacked and maimed by a lion and frequently brought down by fever and dysentery. In May, 1873, David Livingstone was found dead on his knees by his bed interceding for Africa. According to his request, his native converts buried his heart in Africa, while his body was taken to England.

Apostle Paul shared his own passionate burden for the salvation of his people in the Bible text of today. Do you have the same burden for the unsaved around you? Are you concerned about the salvation of your unsaved parents, brothers, sisters, friends, mates, tutors and neighbours? Do the torments and sorrows that await them in hell worry you? You can do something about it now. Delay is dangerous.

Chɑllenge: "Let's share in this burden."

Prɑyer: "Almighty Father, give me compassion for the lost, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Delay is dangerous."

Further Reading: Matthew 9:35-36

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY JANUARY 25, 2018

CREATE WEALTH WITH CAPITAL
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 4:13

"But he that had received one went and digged in the earth and hid his lord's money" (Matthew 25:18).

Whatever can be used to create economic wealth is Capital. It can be money, men or material. Nations invest in their people by education and training or retraining to make them able to produce excellent goods and services. A former president of the United States of America, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, once said, "our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education." The developed countries are the ones that invest most in the education of their children and skilled manpower training. This is why your parents also sacrifice to put you in school. They see you as the future leaders, investors and producers. You must not waste but account for the resources invested in you.

Moreover, God has given you talents which you must invest wisely. Today's text reveals the poor attitude of a servant who refused to invest the money he was given. Other servants did and made profits. The gospel is the Capital or money that Christ has given to Christians to invest in the lives of men. Are you winning souls with it?

Challenge: "Make maximum use of the Capital invested in you."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to wisely use my talents in Jesus' name."

Quote: "The gospel is your Capital......to invest."

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 22:29; 23:19-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2019

FOLLY OF REMAKING MANKIND
TEXT: ROMANS 1:18-32

"So God created man in His own Image, in the Image of God created He him; male and female created He them" (Genesis 1:27).

A warning surfaced on the internet some time ago. It sent a stern warning to people who take delight in changing their outlook through plastic surgery. The pre-surgery and post-surgery pictures of a lady were displayed for all that care to see to repent of tampering with the perfect work of God. A good looking lady, after the surgery, had her face completely collapsed and was nothing different from the face of a frightening monster in movies.

People are no more satisfied with the perfect image of God in which they were created. From making robots, scientists want to create human beings. Apart from plastic surgery, there are others who tattoo their bodies with different satanic inscriptions to get fame, riches or power. This is increasing among youths who engage in sports, movies, pop songs, etc. The word of God in Roman 1:28 declares: "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient."

Chɑllenge: "Don't join the reprobates."

Prɑyer: "Deliver me, Lord from the foolishness of the last days."

Quote: "Scientists want to create human beings."

Further Reading: Romans 1:18-32

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2019

PASSION FOR SOULS OF HIS PEOPLE
TEXT: EZEKIEL 22:29-31

"Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge" (Romans 10:1, 2).

There was a clip on the NET in which a puppy was found standing helplessly in a running flood. From the top of a snowy steep, a man risked his life and slopped down into the flood to rescue the puppy. As the Good Samaritan could not climb up with the puppy after several attempts, the sympathetic onlookers joined their hands together to form a chain down the steep to pull up the man and the puppy to safety. What a challenge to all believers!

The Good Samaritan risked his life to rescue a mere soulless puppy whose life ends in this world. The sympathetic onlookers were also driven with passion and in unity rescued the man and the puppy. Apostle Paul's passion for the salvation of his people led him into ceaseless intercessory prayers for them. Also, when the Lord Jesus saw the dying multitudes of sinners, He was moved with compassion. As Christian youths, are you bothered about the sorrow and the endless pains that await your sinful mates, neighbours, teachers, and perhaps your unsaved parents and siblings in hell?

Chɑllenge: "Share the good news with all, Lord."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to care for the dying."

Quote: "Jesus....was moved with compassion."

Further Reading: Ezekiel 22:29-31

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55am On Feb 03, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY JANUARY 26, 2018

WELCOME FOR THE WORTHY
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:34

"Then shall the king say unto them on his right hand, come you blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matthew 25:34).

To be worthy is to have qualities that deserve something. A little girl who was too playful during the academic session, watched with sadness as her classmates were called out over the microphone to receive gifts and handshakes at the annual speech and prize giving day ceremonies for excellent performance. These pupils put in a little extra effort to get to the top and be worthy to be recognized. In the same vein, to qualify for the king's Welcome, you must be found worthy. Heaven is for only those who live Holy lives. All sinners will be excluded from heaven. This horrifying scenario should drive youths to sacrifice anything to be worthy of the king's Welcome. Are you worthy?

Now is the time to identify with Christ if you desire to spend eternity with Him. Are you a sheep or a goat? Your lifestyle will determine where you belong. Repent of your sins and surrender your life to Christ now if you have not done so. Then, you will be worthy for the king's Welcome.

Challenge: "To be worthy for the king's Welcome, live for Christ."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me to live a consistent Christ like life."

Quote: "Identify with Christ now."

Bible Reading in one Year: Isaiah 35:8-10; Matthew 25:31-46

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2019

ALL BY HIS GRACE
TEXT: HEBREW 4:14-16

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me" (1 Corinthians 15:10).

"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief… that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief" (1 Timothy 1:12, 13,15b). Apostle Paul passionately shared the touching testimony of his bad past life with his spiritual son, Timothy.

Apostle Paul saw himself unworthy to be so honoured by God. He discovered that it was only the grace of God that qualifies the unqualified and grants unmerited pardon to the vilest sinner. He alone among the apostles was taken to the third heaven, used to write the highest number of books in the Holy Bible, covered more nations with the gospel of Christ though persecuted more than they. The lesson from Paul's life is that we should learn to always give all the glory to God for all our accomplishments. We are what we are by the grace of God.

Chɑllenge: "Ask for God's grace daily."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me the grace to serve you to the end."

Quote: "We are what we are by the grace of God."

Further Reading: Hebrew 4:14-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY JANUARY 27, 2018

UNENDING LOVE
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 18:33

"And the King was much moved, and went up to the Chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! Would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!" (2 Samuel 18:33).

It is a surprising thing that King David was able to mourn and lament the death of his son, Absalom, who dethrone him and died trying to kill him. His fatherly love toward him was deep; without selfishness. This was why Endsor wisely stated, "love is the purification of the heart from self. It strengthens and ennobles the character, gives a higher motive and worthier aim to every action of life....... The power to love truly and devotedly is the highest gift with which a human being can be endowed." King David, in our text, demonstrated a father's unending love: the king's subjects expected him to rejoice over Absalom's death but his fatherly love could not be repressed. Children need to reciprocate such parental love.

Beloved, God's love for us is also unending. After man's fall in the Garden of Eden, in His steadfast love, He has made various provisions for man's restoration. Allowing Jesus to die for the redemption of mankind was the height of God's love for sinful humanity. You can enjoy His unending love if you surrender your life to Christ.

Challenge: "To enjoy God's unending love, consecrate your life to Him."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me to surrender and consecrate my life to you."

Quote: "God's love for us is unending."

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 103:1-13; Jeremiah 31:3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2019

A REASON FOR UNANSWERED PRAYERS
TEXT: ISAIAH 59:1-2

"Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear" (Isaiah 59:1-2).

God loves mankind and He wants to fellowship with them and provide for them all the good things they desire. The Bible says that God "…is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think…" (Ephesians 3:20). So, God can give us more than we ask if we are truly His children. Prayer is very important. E. M. Bounds says, "Prayer is the contact of a living soul with God. In prayer, God stoops to kiss man, to bless man and to aid in everything that God can devise or man can need."

God's promises to answer our prayers are all over the Bible. He has answered many unbelievable requests of many people in all ages. However, today's Bible text identifies one of the reasons for unanswered prayers. It is sin. God hates sin and a sinner's prayers. For a sinner to receive answers to prayers, he/she must confess the sins and be cleansed in the blood of Jesus. God cannot behold sins and cannot hear the prayers of sinners. Repent now and let your sins be blotted out.

Chɑllenge: "He that covers his sin will not prosper."

Prɑyer: "Lord, cleanse me from every sin."

Quote: "God hates sin and sinner's prayer."

Further Reading: John 9:31

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On Feb 05, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2019

PLEASE, BE PATIENT
TEXT: ISAIAH 59:1-2

"For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise" (Hebrews 10:36).

"We don't go far in our Christian experience before trials come and we find that we must sometimes wait upon God for His answers. Waiting certainly requires patience, and this is God's way of developing that spiritual attribute," says Darrel Lee. Patience has been described as the ability to accept or tolerate delay or setback without becoming annoyed or anxious. On the other hand, impatience makes one to become restless, annoyed, anxious and intolerant, leading to loss of fortunes or opportunities in life.

King Saul is a very good example of people who lost great opportunities and honour because of impatience. He had prepared all the necessary materials for the sacrifice unto God, but he could not exercise patience for the Priest, Samuel, to come to perform the rites. For his impatience, he missed God's plan to establish his kingdom forever. Today's text admonishes us to be patient in order not to miss God's promised blessings. We learn too that though we pray in faith, we still need to be patient like Abraham, Zachariah and Job. God's best comes at His own time.

Chɑllenge: "Impatient heart, be still"

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliever me from impatience in Jesus name."

Quote: "God's best comes at His own best time."

Further Reading: Romans 4:16-21, James 5:7-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:28am On Feb 06, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2019

A FRIGHTFUL DAY FORETOLD
TEXT: ROMANS 14:9-12

"Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead" (Acts 17:31).

Many past judgments on earth by God, such as the Great Flood at Noah's time and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah with fire should serve as warnings to man on God's prophesied final Judgment. Ever heard of 'Global warming'? It is the overheating of Earth's surface, ocean and atmosphere.* It is the cause of many disasters such as high temperature, destructive floods and hurricanes. The meteorologists have continued to give helpful weather forecasts. The story of some folks on a beach is heartbreaking. Despite the warning from weather forecasters that the sea would overflow, they remained adamant, having fun. The ocean water suddenly surged forward and washed them away. That was a preventable tragedy.

The warning of the frightful judgment of all sins and ungodliness is all over the Scripture. A day has been set when God will pour His furious judgment on all unrepentant sinners, dead or alive. On that frightful day, the loving Jesus who died for the sins of the whole world will condemn all sinners to eternal hell. Are you despising the warning too? Repent and be ready for that day.

Chɑllenge: "Are you despising God's warning too?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to take heed to your word."

Quote: "Repent and be ready for that day."

Further Reading: Romans 14:9-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
*Global warming is a controversially contrived subject.
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52am On Feb 07, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2019

THE BEST OF ALL DECISIONS
TEXT: LUKE 15:11-20

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom" (Psalm 90:12).

Hear Mike Murdock, "Decisions destinies." God made man a free moral agent to make his own decisions. While God wishes man to make the right decisions that will give him peace and joy, Satan's goal is to make man make the wrong decisions so that he will forever live with him in sorrow and regret. Making the right decision demands wisdom. That was why the Psalmist prayed to God: "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."

Joshua in his old age assembled the children of Israel together. He was about dying. He highlighted to them many reasons why they should stick to Jehovah God alone all through their generations. The same way Jesus pleads with sinners to repent of their sins for abundant life here and in heaven. He pleads with them to come out of sin and the grip of Satan to avoid hell. Joshua and his household were wise to make the best of all decisions to serve God. What is your own decision? Have you repented of your sins?

Chɑllenge: "Does your decision have eternal value?"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to do your will, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Have you repented of your sins?"

Further Reading: Luke 15:11-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2019

MAKE THE BEST CHOICE
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 30:15-20

"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried" (Luke 16:22).

Methuselah lived for 969 years on earth, the feat no other mortal man has surpassed. It is possible that people of his time had wondered whether Methuselah would ever die. But eventually, Methuselah died. Death is the ultimate end of every person that is born into this world. "We weep over the graves of infants and the little ones taken from us by death; but an early grave may be the shortest way to heaven," says Tryon Edwards. The Bible also says, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).

Today's text says, that all must die, whether rich or poor, and young or old. Also, we learn that, on earth, individuals will personally determine their eternal place of abode after death. There is heaven, a place of endless joy prepared for the saints, and hellfire, the eternal abode of Satan and all sinners. The beggar, Lazarus, chose Jesus the Saviour on earth and went to Paradise, while the rich man chose worldly pleasure and ended up in hell. Choose now!

Chɑllenge: "The cost of a wrong choice is eternal regret?"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord! Help me to choose right and make Heaven!"

Quote: "Choose now!"

Further Reading: Deuteronomy 30:15-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2019

CHRISTIAN CONTENTMENT
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 6:6-10

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" (Philippians 4:11).

Johnson Oatman in 1897 composed the popular Christina hymn, "Count Your Blessings." The age-long inspiring song not only teaches Christian to be thankful and grateful to God for His goodness and manifold blessings upon them, but also admonishes them to be contented with what they are and what they have. Contentment will make us to appreciate God in all conditions.

Apostle Paul was a lawyer but he dropped his pride to preach the gospel without being paid. Many times he lacked what to eat. He was constantly persecuted and abandoned. He was even making tents to make ends meet without minding whether his former colleagues among the Pharisees were living better. Paul did not compare himself with them. He was satisfied with what God had for him. Many youths compare themselves with their peers from rich homes. They become covetous and resort to all sorts of crimes. Lack of contentment has led many youths into prison and hell like Judas Iscariot. Are you contented with what your parents can provide for you? Are you grateful to God for what you have?

Chɑllenge: "Lack of contentment leads to sorrow."

Prɑyer: "Father, give me a grateful heart, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Are you grateful to God for what you have?"

Further Reading: 1 Timothy 6:6-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2019

REPAIR THE ALTAR FOR REVIVAL
TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 7:13,14

"And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down" (1 Kings 18:30).

Elijah, the Tishbite, emerged as a prophet over Israel in an era of moral decadence and national ungodliness. The children of Israel had abandoned the living God who was ever faithful in delivering them from their enemies. They began to worship Baal, an idol set up by Jezebel, the wife of King Ahab. For this, the judgment of God came upon the entire nation. Something had to be done. Someone had to lead Israel into repentance to restore God's glory.

So Elijah, the prophet, took up the challenge. He repaired the broken altar of God and challenged the prophets of Baal to call upon their gods to send down fire to consume their sacrifice. Their dead gods or idols could not answer. But the living God answered the prayer of His servant by fire. So the children of Israel were led back to God. The prophets of Baal and their idols were wiped out of the land. Imagine the high rate of ungodliness in our society today! Like Elijah, we can bring back a revival of holiness.

Chɑllenge: "Who will bring revival in your school?"

Prɑyer: "Revive me Oh Lord."

Quote: "The time to start is now."

Further Reading: 2 Chronicles 7:13,14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Feb 11, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2019

A FRIEND INDEED
TEXT: ACTS 16:28-34

"And Jonathan spake good of David unto Saul his father, and said unto him, Let not the king sin against his servant, against David; because he hath not sinned against thee, and because his works have been to thee-ward very good" (1 Samuel 19:4).

"A friend in need is a friend indeed," is a famous old proverb which means that a friend who helps us when we are in need is really a true friend. Good friends always support in difficult times. While others abandon you, they stand by you in your pains. True friends will not seek your downfall or sell you to your enemy.

Jonathan, in our text, was a good example of a true friend. His father, King Saul was desperate to kill David because of jealousy. He ordered Jonathan and his servants to kill him. But Jonathan rebuked his father for trying to sin against the innocent lad. He stood by his friend in his trying time. A true friend shows love to those in trouble. Sinners around us are in trouble. They live in danger of hell. We can become true friends to them by sharing the gospel of Christ with them. Jesus is the best friend we can ever have. He died to set us free from sin, sickness, poverty, sorrow and hell. Show His kindness to somebody today.

Chɑllenge: "Are you a true friend of Jesus?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a channel of blessings today."

Quote: "Show God's love to other in needs."

Further Reading: Act 16:28-34

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37am On Feb 12, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2019

LABOUR OF LOVE ON RECORD
TEXT: ACTS 16:28-34

"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister" (Hebrews 6:10).

Good students work hard consistently because their focus is on an excellent result. Assurance of reward is a major motivating factor for excellent performance in any given task. It makes people work harder. But in many workplaces around the world, workers are either not paid regularly or are underpaid. Their incomes are nothing to be compared to their work input. This wickedness is not practised in God's kingdom because it is headed by a righteous God.

Today's Bible text assures all believers of sure and full payment for their labour in the kingdom of God. God is great in faithfulness. He can never tell a lie or cheat anyone that labours for Him. All He demands from us is faithfulness in His service. The rewards are the same for the faithful adults, youths and children. Giving to the needy youths in your fellowship, supporting the work of God, interceding for sinners and witnessing to sinful ones around are a few ways of working and labouring in love for God. Every faithful worker will be rewarded.

Chɑllenge: "How faithful are you in His service?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to serve you faithfully till the end."

Quote: "Every faithful worker will be rewarded."

Further Reading: Revelation 22:12-13; 1 Corinthians 15:58

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:16am On Feb 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2019

BREAK THE BOASTING BARRIER
TEXT: ACTS 24:24-25

"There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every dayAnd in hell he lifted up his eyes being in torments...." (Luke 16:19, 23a).

In the gospel of Mark 10:25 the Lord Jesus declares that, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Actually, our Lord is not saying here that rich people will not make heaven. Rather, He is referring to that tendency in rich men to become proud because of their riches and popularity. As a result of their riches, they look down on the gospel that will save their souls from hell.

The rich man in our text was indeed rich. He lived in affluence and wore the best of clothes while on earth. In fact, people like Lazarus could not afford to buy the kind of meals he provided for his dogs. So his riches went into his head. He rejected the gospel. He scorned and scared away the gospel preachers. For some, it is their beauty, education or family background that makes them look down on the gospel. What is the boasting barrier in your life? For the rich man, repentance was too late.

Chɑllenge: "Be born again conquer boasting and pride."

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from pride."

Quote: "For the rich man, repentance was too late."

Further Reading: Act 24:24-25

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2019

RESTITUTION
TEXT: ACTS 24:24-25

"And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken anything from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold" (Luke 19:8).

A youth who was involved in examination misconduct had good grades in his Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination. He was looking forward to admission to the university. However, before he could secure admission, he gave his life to Christ. One of his first decisions was to jettison the certificate which was a product of sin (cheating in an examination). That was restitution. He decided to re-take the examination. God proved Himself faithful. He had excellent results and gained admission to the university in the next academic session. He is now a Civil Engineer.

Zacchaeus, in our text, did not receive any preaching on restitution from Jesus. Restitution which is making right all wrongs is evidence of the new birth. Do you have any stolen property in your custody? Did you offend anyone? You need to make necessary restitution so that you can have a conscience void of offence towards God and man. Those who refuse to do their restitutions promptly risk peace with man and God and stand the chance of missing heaven.

Chɑllenge: "Do your restitution as soon as possible."

Prɑyer: "Give me grace Lord, to make my restitutions."

Quote: "You need to make necessary restitutions."

Further Reading: Acts 24:16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2019

THE CLEAR CONSCIENCE
TEXT: ACTS 23:1

"And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day" (Acts 23:1).

A preacher described a clear conscience as a state of heart in which your heart does not condemn you before God and man. It means we can look everyone we know in the eyes without shame and know that we are right with them. Recall how Samuel could boldly tell the Israelites, "Here I am; testify against me before the LORD and before his anointed. Whose ox have I taken? Or whose donkey have I taken? Or whom have I defrauded? Whom have I oppressed? Or from whose hand have I taken a bribe to blind my eyes with it? Testify against me and I will restore it to you." The people testified that he was clean.

A guilty conscience puts a barrier between you and your God as you will not be able to approach the throne of grace boldly. If your heart condemns you, know that God is greater than your heart. A man with a guilt-laden conscience is prone to live a life of low self-esteem which can lead to permanent hardness of heart. Salvation is the gateway to a clear conscience.

Chɑllenge: "How clear is your conscience?"

Prɑyer: "Grant me oh Lord, a clear conscience."

Quote: "A guilty conscience separates from God."

Further Reading: 1 Samuel 12:1-4

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2019

WATER BAPTISM
TEXT: MATTHEW 28:19-20

"And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then He suffered him" (Matthew 3:15).

Water baptism is the act of dipping a convert in water as a symbolic ordinance of Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. To qualify for baptism, you must be born-again. Baptism is crucial to the Christian faith in that it is a public demonstration that the candidate identifies fully with Christ’s death, burial and resurrection from the dead. Baptism is not conversion. It is only a convert that is baptized in accordance with the commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just as a body that is for burial is completely buried in the grave, the candidate for baptism is completely immersed in water and then brought out, as exemplified by Christ’s baptism. There are a lot of erroneous practices linked to water baptism in some Christian assemblies which must be avoided like a plague. Some of these erroneous practices include: infant baptism, sprinkling of water on the fore heads instead of total immersion as prescribed by scriptures, and baptizing in the name of Jesus alone instead of in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost.

Chɑllenge: "Have you been baptized?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I yield my life in total surrender."

Quote: "To qualify for baptism, you must be born again."

Further Reading: Matthew 28:19-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40am On Feb 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2019

WATER BAPTISM
TEXT: MATTHEW 28:19-20

"And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then He suffered him" (Matthew 3:15).

Water baptism is the act of dipping a convert in water as a symbolic ordinance of Christ's death, burial and resurrection. To qualify for baptism, you must be born-again. Baptism is crucial to the Christian faith in that it is a public demonstration that the candidate identifies fully with Christ's death, burial and resurrection from the dead. Baptism is not conversion. It is only a convert that is baptized in accordance with the commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just as a body that is for burial is completely buried in the grave, the candidate for baptism is completely immersed in water and then brought out, as exemplified by Christ's baptism. There are a lot of erroneous practices linked to water baptism in some Christian assemblies which must be avoided like a plague. Some of these erroneous practices include infant baptism, sprinkling of water on the foreheads instead of total immersion as prescribed by scriptures, and baptizing in the name of Jesus alone instead of in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost.

Chɑllenge: "Have you been baptized?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I yield my life in total surrender."

Quote: "To qualify for baptism, you must be born again."

Further Reading: Matthew 28:19-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2019

THE HOLY TRINITY
TEXT: GENESIS 2:26-28

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7).

The Bible tells us there is only one God. "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, is one LORD" (Deuteronomy 6:4), yet many passages in the Bible show the one God consists of three persons (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost). A commentator said, "That the complexity and beauty of God's being surpasses our understanding is not strange. He is God and we are men."

Jesus' baptism in Matthew 3:16-17 brings out the doctrine of the Trinity. Jesus the Son was baptized; the Holy Spirit descends like a dove; the Father speaks from heaven, "This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." The trinity is also in John 14:26. Jesus promises the Father would send the Comforter (Holy Ghost), to remind believers all the teachings of Jesus. Christian youths must avoid the error of the Unitarians who don't believe in the Trinity of the Godhead. The Trinity of the Godhead is a mystery that is beyond human understanding.

Chɑllenge: "Believe God's word."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to appreciate the Trinity."

Quote: "He is God and we are men."

Further Reading: Genesis 2:26-28

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16am On Feb 18, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2019

ENTIRE SANCTIFICATION

"And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live" (Deuteronomy 30:6).

The American evangelist, R. W. Schambach, gave a graphic picture of sanctification. He explained that if a man is drowning in a deep mucky water, first you get him out of the dirty water. Secondly, you get the dirty water he has drunk out of him. According to him, getting the man out of the water is salvation, and pressing the dirty water out of him stands for sanctification. Indeed, sanctification is the second work of grace after salvation. It is like uprooting the tree of sin while salvation is like merely cutting down a tree which could easily grow up again. It is a definite Christian experience after salvation which purifies the heart of any believer who thirsts for it. It is also called heart circumcision. Anyone who receives this experience has grace to live a holy life within and without in this present evil world.

Have you been sanctified? Are you now holy? If you are saved, take the next step and earnestly pray for the experience of sanctification. It is a glorious experience which makes following Jesus easy, interesting and fulfilling.

Chɑllenge: "Sanctification removes Adamic nature of sin."

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, sanctify me through thy truth."

Quote: "Have you been sactified?"

Further Reading: John 17:17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57am On Feb 19, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2019

A PURE HEART

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God" (Matthew 5:8).

Jane's parents were expecting some visitors and the family wanted her to do a thorough clean-up of the house before the arrival of the guests. "Jane, please make sure everywhere in the house is clean," her father reminded. If Jane's family would do everything possible to keep their house clean because of human visitors, how much more should we keep our hearts clean for Christ, the King of kings to dwell in! Purity of heart is the most important qualification for entry into heaven. Jesus did not mince words, as He identified it as a condition for seeing God. Anyone who honestly wants to go to heaven must of necessity pray for heart purity. A theologian said that the word 'pure' in the Greek, 'katharos' means to be clean, blameless, and unstained by guilt.

The Billy Graham Evangelical Association expands the subject matter thus, "Being pure in conduct also includes honesty and integrity in dealing with our fellowmen. A Christian should be known in his neighbourhood or place of business as an honest person - a person who can be trusted."

Chɑllenge: "Seek heart purity."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, purify my heart and grant that I see you in eternity."

Quote: "Pray for heart purity."

Further Reading: 1 Peter 1:14-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Feb 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2019

THE LORD AND HIS LOVE
TEXT: JOHN 3:16

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

"Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love," declared Stevie Wonder, emphasizing the love he had for his mother who meant everything for him. If a mother could be so loving as to attract such a comment from his son how much more God, the Author of love Himself? The love of God is awesomely inexplicable. The Almighty God exercised a great love towards sinful man by allowing His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to descend from heaven to earth in order to die for lost humanity.

What does God require of you? Appreciate this great love. Accept His offer of love by accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour. In practical terms, admit your sins, confess and forsake them. Ask for forgiveness and cleansing of your heart with the blood which Jesus shed for you on the cross of Calvary. Jesus has paid the price for your sins. You have no reason to remain a sinner to perish in hell.

Chɑllenge: "Accept the love of Christ."

Prɑyer: "Lord, be merciful to me a sinner."

Quote: "You have no reason to remain a sinner."

Further Reading: Revelation 3:20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:48am On Feb 21, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2019

MALICE FORBIDDEN
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 3:6-10

"Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As new born babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:1, 2).

Malice is a desire to inflict injury on another either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated anger. A former American President, Abraham Lincoln said, "With Malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wound." This counsel is still relevant in America today as ever. Indeed, it is needed in homes and nations where there are festering wounds brought about by offences, leading to malice, hate speeches and acts.

Believers should keep off malice and rather bind up the wounds caused by strained relationships. Reconciliation is the best way to go. The Bible instructs, "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice" (Ephesians 4:31). Instead of these vices, Christians are admonished to be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven us. Malice is a sin. Cain killed Abel due to jealousy and malice.

Chɑllenge: "Keep off malice before it keeps you off Heaven."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, grant me a heart full of love and kindness."

Quote: "Reconciliation is the best way to go."

Further Reading: Colosians 3:6-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019

SHUN EXAM MALPRACTICE
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 3:6-10

"Abstain from all appearance of evil" (1 Thessalonians 5:22).

Educationists describe 'examination malpractice' as a breach of official examination rules to place a candidate at an unfair advantage above others. It has become widespread in many parts of the world. Studies have shown that many stakeholders: students, teachers, school administrators, officials of examination bodies, and even parents are involved in this menace. Examination malpractice is caused mainly by inadequate preparation, lack of confidence and the propensity to cheat.

Christian students must always be above board and must not be involved in this unwholesome practice. It is a sin. Say "No" to examination malpractice, no matter who is tempting you to compromise. There are reports that some owners of schools even instruct their students to contribute money with which to bribe examiners. Don't be party to this. Always remember, "My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not" (Proverbs 1:10). If you have challenges with your studies consult your teachers to help as you are preparing for an examination. Remember to pray and God will see you through to a resounding success in Jesus' name.

Chɑllenge: "Say "No" to examination malpractice."

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, help me to avoid examination malpractice."

Quote: "My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not."

Further Reading: Exodus 23:2

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24am On Feb 23, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2019

THE COMING OF THE LORD
TEXT: ACTS 1:10, 11

"And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galileethis same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner..." (Acts 1:10, 11).

Hal Lindsay reminds the Church, "We are very near the final climactic events that end with the Second Coming of Christ." This is a timely alert message for the Church of Christ to awake and prepare for the Rapture before Christ unleashes judgment on rebellious sinners. The excitement of waiting for a beloved family member who is expected to arrive from a long journey is usually overwhelming. That is the state of mind expected of believers, as they await Christ's return. Today's Bible text indicates clearly that Jesus will return.

Since Jesus will return, what manner of preparations should you make as a youth? Jesus will return to take His people to heaven, those who have had the new birth experience. Jesus declares in John 3:3 that to get to the kingdom, "ye must be born again." You are not too young to get committed to Jesus. Time is running out. If you are already saved, this is time to be watchful for the coming of the Lord. Where will you be when the trumpet of God shall sound?

Chɑllenge: "Where will you be when the trumpet sounds?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to make it to Heaven."

Quote: "Time is running out."

Further Reading: 1 Corinthians 15:52

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2019

THE SPIRIT OF THE LAST DAYS
TEXT: ACTS 1:10, 11

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of His coming?" (2 Peter 3:3, 4a).

The spirit of the last days is the spirit behind the general moral decadence in the society today. When you see fellow youths 'sag' their trousers, engage in nudity, pornography, show lack of respect for authorities and so on, know it that we are in the perilous times or the last days! The spirit of the last days works in the children of disobedience. Scoffers are those who mock or treat Christians with contempt. Some youths think they are too important to identify with the Lord Jesus and His followers. They walk after their own lusts - the lusts of the flesh and of the eyes.

Do a self-assessment. If the above describes you, then you are being ruled by the spirit of the last days. The spirit of the last days leads to eternal damnation and you do not have to be his victim. There is hope for you in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross of Calvary. Invite Him into your life and He will give you the Spirit of sonship (John 1:12).

Chɑllenge: "Reject the spirit of the last days."

Prɑyer: "I need your deliverance, dear Lord."

Quote: "Do a self-assessment."

Further Reading: 2 Timothy 3:1-3

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.