Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches - Religion (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches (1386867 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54am On Nov 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2020

Successful Entrepreneur
TEXT: Exodus 31:1-6

"Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men" (Proverbs 22:29).

Zig Ziglar stated, "You cannot climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." Success is not a product of accident, but a product of dedication, determination and hard work. However, it must be noted that hard work without God is vanity. Except the Lord watches over a city, the watchman's efforts will be futile. The first step to successful entrepreneurship is having a Bible based relationship with God through salvation in Christ, the Saviour of the world. Remember, the earth belongs to God and all things in it. You need to abide by the rules of success. "Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results," submitted Willie Nelson. Negative thoughts breed doubts and can lead to failure in life.

Successful entrepreneurs think big and stay focused. Potential areas of business ventures include: ICT development, robotics, design of computer applications, agro-allied business and fashion designing. Pray and the Lord will direct you appropriately to one of such areas. Ask successful business men to guide you when necessary and like Bezaleel, God will lift you higher.

Quote: "Abide by the rules of success"

Chɑllenge: "All things are possible with God"

Prɑyer: "O God, prepare me for future investments."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On Nov 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2020

Power In Prayer
TEXT: Philippians 4:4-7

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God" (Philippians 4:6).

Charles Spurgeon postulated that, "True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor vocal performance. It is far deeper than that -it is a spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth." This comment about prayer is quite instructive. Prayer is a spiritual exercise. It is talking with God as a child does with his or her earthly father. The Bible contains promises which cover every aspect of our lives. Jesus advises His disciples to always pray and not to faint or be discouraged. Prayerlessness leads to murmuring, complaining and defeat.

The Bible has records of youths who were prayerful, and succeeded in their Christian lives. Young people like Daniel, Jabez and David were known for prayers. God answered their prayers and that is why we can still hear about them today. There is power in prayer to bring down solutions to your problems. Are you facing challenges in school, home, or place of work? Spend quality time talking to God about your needs and He will surely answer you. Make all your requests known to your Heavenly Father who cares about you.

Quote: "There is power in prayer"

Chɑllenge: "Pray until you breakthrough"

Prɑyer: "Lord, teach me how to pray."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY NOVEMBER 09, 2020

Murmuring Congregation
TEXT: Exodus 16:1-7

"And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness" (Exodus 16:2).

A murmuring congregation is a sinking congregation which has lost touch with truth and fellowship with God. A person who murmurs is an ingrate who does not see the good things the Lord is doing in his or her life. "Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining - it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn't solve any problem." This is a profound truth from Zig Ziglar.

Another commentator, Shirley Chisholm said, "We don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas." The children of Israel missed a lot of opportunities because they were given to murmuring or complaining.

God expects you to turn a new leaf if you do murmur, because you will not get the best from Him if you remain that way. Are you always finding faults with almost everything in your church? Do you always complain about your teachers, principal and others?

The time spent murmuring should be gainfully converted to a time of prayer. God will give you your heart's desire if you stop complaining, and concentrate more on holiness and a radiant life of faith.

Quote: "Do you always complain?"

Chɑllenge: "Murmuring provokes God's anger"

Prɑyer: "I rebuke the spirit of murmuring in Jesus' name!"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2020

Active Ants
TEXT: Proverbs 6:6-11

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise" (Proverbs 6:6).

Many a time God speaks to His children in parables or symbolic illustrations in order to drive home a point in a very simple but powerful way. Today He is speaking to us through the ants. The Lord is teaching us about the importance of hard work, dexterity and industry of ants which are feeble and without a ruler. Gertrude Jekyll illustrates with the garden. She states, "A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust." This is true. You are expected to implement the lesson learnt from the ants in your studies. Believers are not expected to be lazy or indolent.

Give quality time to your studies, business, or domestic chores; do not fold your hands watching others. God created you for a purpose, and put within you the skills needed to achieve that purpose. Unfortunately, many youths allow their God given talents to remain latent in them. Do not just sit with the crowd; arise and stand out. Be wise like the ants.

Quote: "Be wise like the ants?"

Chɑllenge: "Wake the latent talent in you"

Prɑyer: "Help me to wake up from my slumber' Lord!"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2020

Full But Empty
TEXT: Proverbs 6:6-11

"So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God" (Luke 12:15-21).

It was Elizabeth Barret Browning who painfully said, “What frightens me most is that men are content with what is not life at all.” Life on earth is short and should not be wasted on trivialities. This knowledge should propel genuine believers to spend their lives pleasing God. There are rewards awaiting those who serve God faithfully with their time and resources. Unfortunately, however, many youths are directing their time and energy towards worldly and ungodly pursuits today. Some even leave home for studies as Christians only to return as gay or lesbians. What a horrible thing!

Like the rich man in our text, you may have all the good things of this world money, certificate, honour and recognition- but without salvation, you are empty. You may appear fulfilled to the people who always shower on you great accolades, but heaven sees you as empty and unwise. Your bank account may be full, but if you have no treasures stored up in heaven, you are poor in God’s sight. To be rich unto God you must be born again and holy.

Quote: "Life on earth is short?"

Chɑllenge: "Invest in heavenly treasures"

Prɑyer: "Lord' help me to invest in your kingdom"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54am On Nov 17, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2020

Confidence In The Redeemer
TEXT: Job 19:23-27

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth" (Job 19:25).

Declaring the importance of Easter, Billy Graham confidently said that, "God undertook the most dramatic rescue operation in cosmic history. He determined to save the human race from self-destruction, and He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to salvage and redeem them. The work of man's redemption was accomplished on the cross." Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of the world, and has power to save to the uttermost. Job knew perfectly what the Redeemer could do in his life, and because of that sound knowledge, he could boldly say that his Redeemer lives.
Job was passing through the greatest challenge of his life, but his faith was built strongly on the Redeemer, As believers, our faith should be built on Jesus Christ.

You may be going through challenges of life like: academic failure, sickness, persecution or lack; still remember you have an Anchor who keeps your soul. The Lord is more concerned about your challenges than you think. Have faith in God and His unchanging word. Without faith, it is impossible to please Him. Cast your burdens upon Him because He cares for you.

Quote: "Jesus Christ is the Redeemer"

Chɑllenge: "Your Redeemer lives"

Prɑyer: "My Redeemer' let my confidence be in You"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00am On Nov 17, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2020

Understand What You Read
TEXT: Acts 8:26-35

"And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?" (Acts 8:30).

Thomas Sowell submits that, "It takes considerable knowledge just to realise the extent of your ignorance…" Ignorance is a great disease and can destroy very fast. The Lord says His people perish for lack of knowledge. The story has not changed. Many read the Bible without proper understanding. The Ethiopian Eunuch in our text, was reading a portion of the Scripture but without understanding until Philip came to his aid. The man was humble and sincere to have opened up to Philip.

Many today in the church do not understand sermons, but do not open up to be helped. If you have difficulty in understanding what you learn in the church or school, you need to see your teachers or pastor for proper explanation. It is the plan of the devil that you remain in the dark concerning the salvation of your soul. It is your duty to ask for help in this area. "The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our ignorance," remarked Benjamin Franklin. Check yourself to discover where ignorance is cheating you.

Quote: "Ignorance is a great disease"

Chɑllenge: "Seek counsel when necessary"

Prɑyer: "Lord' take ignorance away from me"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06am On Nov 17, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2020

Building Your Skills - 1
TEXT: Daniel 1:17-21

"As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams" (Daniel 1:17).

The call of God on all genuine believers is total and touches every area of life. God's children are first class children and are not expected to be mediocre or second class at all.

From our text, we see Daniel and the other Hebrew children excel in Babylon. They were slaves in a foreign land at this time, yet the glory of God radiated upon their lives.

It is saddening and disappointing to God that His children are the ones not doing well in school or in the place of work. Orison Swett Marden summed it up solidly by saying, "When God calls a man to be upright and pure and generous, He also calls him to be intelligent and skilful, and strong and brave."

You need to build up your skills to be relevant in this modern world. Learn international languages, improve on your Mathematics, Science, Computers and Technology. Do not just dream of success, get up, and make it happen. The Lord is by your side to see you through, if you have put your trust in Him.

Quote: "Do not just dream of success"

Chɑllenge: "Skill acquisition pays"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to build up my skills"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11am On Nov 17, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2020

Building Your Skills - 2
TEXT: Proverbs 9:8-12

"Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning" (Proverbs 9:9).

Football icon, Pele made a valid point when he said, "Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do." This should be an encouragement to you, beloved child of God. God has made provision for you to excel in life. Paul said he could do all things through Christ who strengthened him. That same God has promised you good success, but you need to be willing to pay the price to win the prize.

There are skills in you that must be stirred up or they remain dormant. Those who wish to build their skills in order to be productive will always heed the timely counsel of Albert Einstein, who rightly observed that, "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." Keep moving friend! Be committed to your study or training. Do not join the gang of lazy people who are not ready to excel in life. Dare to be a different and unique individual of purpose. God will make you skilful!

Quote: "God will make you skilful!"

Chɑllenge: "Skilfulness is a product of hard work"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me skilful"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18am On Nov 17, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2020

Removal Of Bad Records
TEXT: Psalm 103:8-14

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12).

A young man called, Sterling K. Brown could not hold back his joy when one of his school mates was set free. Hear his joyful outburst: "As a freshman at Stanford University- a young black man- when O.J Simpson was acquitted of murder, it was a joyful moment. I was happy, absolutely…" When a sinner repents of his or her sins there is unfathomable joy in heaven. When your sins are forgiven; it leads to total erasure of them from God’s record. You stand as if you had never committed sins before. Such is the lot of the regenerate.

Those who remain adamant or recalcitrant provoke God daily because they have not repented of their sins, so that their records of sin can be taken away and destroyed. Your sins can be as scarlet, yet God is ready to forgive you and forget about them. What is that sin that has tied you down perpetually? It could be the sin of fornication, cultism, murder, abortion, just name it. The blood of Jesus is available to wash you clean. Repent and believe the gospel.

Quote: "God is ready to forgive you!"

Chɑllenge: "Delay is dangerous!"

Prɑyer: "O God, take away my sins, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24am On Nov 17, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2020

Importance Of Library
TEXT: Revelation 20:11-15

"I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out" (Job 29:16).

Laura Bush hinted that, "Libraries allow children to ask questions about the world and find the answers. And the wonderful thing is that once a child learns to use a library, the doors to learning are always open." The library is the store house of knowledge, and a very important tool for youths who want to excel academically. The books in the library cover all fields of human endeavour. Men, like Thomas Edison and the famous neuro-surgeon, Dr. Ben Carson, benefited from the use of the library. A library has a librarian who is a trained personnel with the knowledge of the dynamics of the library system. It is helpful therefore to ask the librarian whenever we have difficulty accessing materials.

You should define your purpose of going to a library; otherwise, you will not achieve your goal. When you borrow a book from the library, endeavour to return it in time to avoid unnecessary charges and to allow others the opportunity of using the book. Above all, remember the greatest source of knowledge is the Bible. Spend time to read your Bible to be a balanced Christian.

Quote: "The library is the store house of knowledge!"

Chɑllenge: "Use the library wisely!"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to use the library positively"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2020
Quiet Time

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2020

Way To Heaven
TEXT: John 14:1-7

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me" (John 14:6).

Karl Barth counselled that, "Jesus does not give recipes that show the way to God as other teachers of religion do. He Himself is the way." This is the whole truth - that Jesus is the way Himself is confirmed in many places in the scriptures. Listen to Jesus Himself: "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture" (John 10:9). If you intend to make it to Heaven, you must as a matter of urgency accept this truth and accept the salvation Jesus offers to mankind now before it becomes late. He is the way to the Father because man like a sheep has gone astray.

There is no other name that can save, apart from the name, Jesus. Those who parade themselves in false worship and claim they are on the way to heaven are blind, ignorant, and misled. In Bible language, such people are termed children of disobedience, and perdition. It is risky to spurn the salvation of Christ. Repent, friend, and believe the gospel.

Quote: "He Himself is the way"

Chɑllenge: "Repent, and believe the gospel"

Prɑyer: "Lord, grant me your salvation in Jesus name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49am On Nov 19, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2020

Short Life, Many Troubles
TEXT: Job 14:1-6

"Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble" (Job 14:1).

According to Josh McDowell, "No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary. No matter what happens to you, no matter the depth of tragedy or pain you face, no matter how death stalks you and your loved ones, the Resurrection promises you a future of immeasurable good." Life here on earth is characterised by many odds which stand against the perfect will of God. The devil tampered with God's perfect plan by bringing sin into the world through the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. Since then, man has been subjected to negative consequences. However, those who have received Christ as Lord and personal Saviour have nothing to worry about as they have recovered all the lost blessings.

The fullness of God's blessings will be revealed after the Rapture has taken place. Believers are therefore encouraged to be steadfast in holding on to God and holiness so as to remain godly and qualified for the Kingdom. Friend, life is so short and can end any time. Repent so that you can have a blissful eternity.

Quote: "Life is so short and can end any time"

Chɑllenge: "Life is so short and can end any time"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to live with eternity in view"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
Quiet Time

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02am On Nov 20, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Quiet Time

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2020

The Greatest Battle
TEXT: Galatians 5:16-21

"For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would" (Galatians 5:17).

Ken Follett made a critical evaluation of the Second World War and asserted as follows: "World war II is the greatest drama in human history, the biggest war ever and a true battle of good and evil." This statement captures vividly and pungently what the Christian life is all about. It is a life of series of battles with the devil. The casualties of this war are far more in number than those of the Second World War. Unfortunately too, many are not even aware of the ongoing war against their souls.

The flesh, which refers to the evil desires or thoughts that come to your mind, is used of the devil to entice you to commit sins. The heart is the battle field. The flesh and the Spirit of God are struggling for the ownership of it. If you want to win the battle, you have to surrender your heart to Christ through genuine repentance for sin. You must also meditate on the word of God at all times so that the Spirit can use the word to help you overcome the devil.

Quote: "You must also meditate on the word"

Chɑllenge: "Fight manfully to win every battle"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, help me to win this battle before me"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54am On Nov 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2020

An Exemplary Youth
TEXT: 1 Timothy 4:12-16

"And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left" (Chronicles 34:2).

"The most persuasive gospel tract is the exemplary life of a faithful Latter-day saint." This is the submission of Gordon B. Hinckley. The Christian is the representative of heaven here on earth; he is referred to as an ambassador of Christ. This places a lot of responsibility on him as many expect quite a lot from him. Many people on your street or neighbourhood may not read the Bible but read your life. Can it point them to the Saviour? The young Joseph was a great example of a true believer - he shunned the temptation placed before him by Potiphar's wife, though he knew the consequences of his refusal were grave.

As a Christian youth, it is your duty to influence the lives of other youths around you positively. Hypocritical lifestyle will destroy your testimony before the world and place you in danger of God's anger. You can be a good example to your peers by demonstrating practical holiness, and overcoming sins such as: fornication, lying, examination malpractice and cultism.

Quote: "The young Joseph was a great example"

Chɑllenge: "Shun evil; and be a light"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a shining example"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
On Quiet Time

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2020

Heaven's Occupants
TEXT: Revelation 22:1-5

"And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever" (Revelation 22:5).

Heaven is the final place of residence for all true believers in Christ Jesus. Making it to Heaven after our toil on earth here is an important decision for everyone to take to avoid the eternal damnation that awaits those who reject Christ and His offer of salvation today. To become an occupant of heaven requires repentance and dependence on the grace of God. Youths who rely on their own strength on knowledge cannot please God; neither can they inherit the Kingdom of God. Somebody says, "I am not going to heaven because I have preached to great crowds or read the Bible many times. I’m going to heaven just like the thief on the cross who said in the last moment; "Lord remember me."

You must come to God with the full realization that you cannot save yourself. David realized this and confessed plainly before God that he was conceived in sin by his mother. That openness before God, made him to attract divine forgiveness though he committed grievous sins - adultery and murder! Obtain heaven's ticket today through Christ.

Quote: "Obtain heaven's ticket today"

Chɑllenge: "Be an occupant of heaven through repentance"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to make it to heaven"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2020
Quiet Time

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2020

The Great Publishers
TEXT: Mark 16:15-20

"The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it" (Psalm 68:11).

The preaching of the gospel is one of the major reasons believers are not immediately taken to heaven after conversion. The Lord expects His children to remain committed to the Great Commission till He comes back to take them away as loyal and faithful harvesters. Somebody rightly submits as follows: “Preaching is God’s greatest institution for the planning and maturing of spiritual life, when properly executed, its benefits are untold…” True believers must preach and publish widely the salvation message to save the world. God has promised to be with those who will obey Him by carrying His demand on evangelism till the end. Divine protection and preservation will always be the portion of those who go out and preach to others.

Many youths cannot preach today because people within their vicinities know them by their lives of duplicity. If you are not born again and living a conspicuous holy life, your preaching will be an abomination in the sight of God and a stumbling block to unbelievers. It is pertinent therefore that you ensure you are a real child of God before preaching.

Quote: "True believers must preach"

Chɑllenge: "Evangelism is every believer's business"

Prɑyer: "Lord, prepare me for the Great Commission"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2020

A Fearful Thing!
TEXT: Hebrew 10:26-31

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrew 10:31).

Imagine a child who rebels against his father and belittles his personality! You will surely agree that such a child does not stand any chance of earning the father's favour. A child like that will be punished so as to bring upon him the desired behaviour. Similarly, if a man commits a crime against the law of his nation and is found guilty in a competent law court, he will be made to face the full wrath of the law. Beloved friend, the case is the same with God’s administration of justice.

Sinners who fail to humble themselves to accept Christ’s sacrifice of atonement for their sins today will suffer seriously in hell fire because they chose to rebel against God. "I mean, if a person acts irresponsibly, he will pay the consequences. And it's not so much divine retribution as it's built into the law of nature," Pat Robertson declared. Sin will always attract punishment both in this world and in eternity. If you are a sinner, repent because, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrew 10:31).

Quote: "Fear is sin"

Chɑllenge: "Don't attract divine judgment to yourself"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to obey you, and avoid sin"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2020

Torments Of Fear
TEXT: 2 Timothy 1:1-8

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love" (1 John 4:18).

Fear brings doubt and anxiety to the heart of man. We live in a world of uncertainty and risk which cannot be predicted perfectly by man, even with his knowledge and technology. Many youths are plagued by anxiety disorder, depression and other emotion related challenges. A true child of God simply leans on the Rock of Ages and receives his or her daily strength to cope with life’s battles. Fear is a sin and an indication that God is not honoured in our lives. God can turn all your negative circumstances to items of testimonies if you trust and obey Him. God is love and perfect in showing this attribute to as many as have faith in Him.

Whenever the devil tries to pump fear into your heart, remember to knock him down by faith in God and His promises. Fear can come from what people say about you or from your own mind as Max Beckmann states here, "What are you? What am I? Those are the questions that constantly persecute and torment me and perhaps also play some part in my art."

Quote: "Fear is sin"

Chɑllenge: "Be strong in the Lord"

Prɑyer: "Lord, Increase my faith"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 26, 2021

PUTTING DOWN THE PROUD
TEXT: DANIEL 4:34-37

"Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase" (DANIEL 4:37).

A story was told of a young man who was greatly used of God. Overtime, he became so arrogant and unteachable to a point that he stopped listening to his leaders. He finally left his church to become a mobile minister; moving from one church to another to minister.

In one of his ministrations, he proudly said, "There's a height I've gotten to that even God can't stop using me." A month later, the same congregation got a report that he was dead.

Prior to our text, God made Nebuchadnezzar a king over the whole realm of Babylon. He was so proud of his achievement that he disdained God. In his proud speech, he boasted that he built the great Babylon without regard to the Giver of wisdom.

For not giving glory to God, and ascribing his breakthrough to his ingenuity, God turned him to a beast to eat with animals for seven years. He later turned around to acknowledge God's supremacy, and submitted himself to Him.

God expects every youth to submit to His Lordship in true repentance and full acknowledgment of His omnipotence.

Quote: "Acknowledge God's supremacy"

Chɑllenge: "I am nothing without God"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to always acknowledge You in all my ways"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2021
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2021

SUBMISSION, NOT STRIVING
TEXT: ISAIAH 45:9-13

"Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?" (Isaiah 45:9).

God is the Creator of all things, and we owe Him reverence for whom He is without any reservation. An old adage says, "What an old man sees sitting, a young man, even on top of the tallest tree, cannot see." This statement underpins the fact that even in the human realm, experience comes with age. If this is unarguably true of mortals who are but dust, then the Ancient of Days who created man, infinitely knows more than anyone. This revelation should create genuine reverence for God and His will in your heart. Youths who are rebellious against the Holy Bible are striving with their Maker. Be sure not to be among them!

Submission is an important pathway to climb the ladder of success. Our submission to God should be total in all matters. We should not strive with our parents, pastors, teachers and school fellowship leaders because they are a body of experience to guide us to greatness. Submission creates pathways to fulfilment of destiny. Make up your mind to delete striving from your life.

Quote: "Submission to God should be total"

Chɑllenge: "Submitting our lives to God will pay off later"

Prɑyer: "Lord, today I totally submit and subject my life to You"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01am On Nov 28, 2021
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 28, 2021

THE JUST JUDGE - 1
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:31-40

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matthew 25:34).

The story was told of a judge, who feared no man when judging cases. He was respected for his fairness in justice until a day when his in-law's son committed a crime punishable by death. He could not bear to kill his in-law's son as that would spell doom for him in the family. He rather sentenced him to jail.

A human judge can be bias, God is an impartial Judge and would judge everyone accordingly on the last day.

From our text, Jesus declared that a day will come when the goats and sheep will be separated. His judgment will be just and based on our works on earth. In the parable of the good Samaritan, the lawyer's question of what to do to inherit eternal life was answered as: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God...and thy neighbour as thyself."

The Just Judge is watching our love and He will judge us all based on this measure on the day of reckoning. The righteous will inherit the Kingdom of God, while sinners will be banished to hell.

Quote: "The Just Judge is watching"

Chɑllenge: "Are you a sheep or a goat?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to live a life that qualifies me for Your right hand"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
Day 4 || Wonders of the Cross || Nov. 28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_91MDtbEI
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2021
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2021

THE JUST JUDGE - 2
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:41-46

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41).

A young wayward boy was always involved in an illicit drug business. He always said, "I can never get arrested, and even if I am, I have a big brother who is a judge, he will always spare my life."

But when arrested, the brother could not help him, and he was sentenced to jail with hard labour. He cried regrettably saying if he had known, he would have had a change of life.

Although this is not a real story, we can learn a universal lesson from the judgment that befell the boy for breaking the law of the land. Sinners will definitely face the judgment of God someday.

Christ, in the same way will judge so called Christians who think because they go to church, would be spared like this wayward boy who thought his brother would help him. The only route to His pardon is repentance and a transformed lifestyle.

Will L. Thompson wrote in his song:

"There's a great day coming,
A great day coming,
There's a great day coming by and by;
When the saints and the sinners shall be parted right and left,
Are you ready for that day to come?"

Quote: "There is a great day coming"

Chɑllenge: "The only way to get commended by the Just Judge is by living a just life"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to live a life worthy of heaven"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
Day 5 || Wonders of the Cross || November 29, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT15jNh8lsE

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.