Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS - Religion (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS (1384102 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 23, 2020

Pleased With My Prosperity
TEXT: Psalm 35:23-28

"Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: Yea, [color=blue]let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant" (Psalm 35:27).

Let us begin with what William F. Hill said about prosperity. "Money, or prosperity, will not cause a person to backslide. Lack of character will. One reason many who prosper backslide is the lack of proper teaching on prosperity."

So, I can prosper? Well, there is a notion that associates godliness with wretchedness and prosperity with unrighteousness. This notion implies that the poor are beloved of God while the rich are abhorred by God. This is far from the truth.

God has shown and demonstrated both in the Bible and in contemporary times that He has pleasure in the prosperity of His servants. Abraham was a friend of God and he was great in material resources. Job proved that great wealth and great virtues may co-exist.

However, before you can enjoy the prosperity of God, you must be in a covenant relationship with Him. You must avoid all unrighteous means of acquiring wealth. You must shun vainglory and pleasure of the flesh. And you must be committed to promoting the interests of the kingdom with your wealth. If you do these, then God will be pleased with your prosperity.

Quote: "Great wealth and great virtues may co-exist."

Chɑllenge: "Avoid all unrighteous means of acquiring wealth"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I depend on Your favour"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2020
Are you a backslider?

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2020

Consecrated To Christ
TEXT: Acts 21:8-14

"Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? For I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus" (Acts 21:13).

Consecration simply means giving ourselves to the Lord to become "a living sacrifice," as Paul says in Romans 12:1: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." We cannot subjectively know the life of Christ in us or reach spiritual maturity without consecrating ourselves to the Lord. This is because consecration is the basis for every spiritual experience.

Paul the apostle was a model of what consecration implies. He gave up his rights and privileges for the cause of Christ. He gave up his freedom or liberty for the brethren in Christ. He gave up his ambition and career for the service of Christ. And finally, gave up his life in defence of the gospel of Christ. He was indeed consecrated to Christ. We may not all be called to sacrifice as much as he did, but we should all be ready to count all things as dung for the sake of Christ.

Quote: "Become a living sacrifice."

Chɑllenge: "Be ready to count all things as dung for Christ"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I offer myself to you today and always"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2020

He Sees Your Secrets
TEXT: Hebrews 4:11-16

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: But all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do" (Hebrews 4:13).

The “Eye of Providence” (or the all-seeing eye of God) is a symbol, showing an eye often surrounded by rays of light or a glory and usually enclosed by a triangle. It represents the eye of God watching over humanity (the concept of divine providence). This notable depiction is found on the reverse side of the Great Seal of the United States, and also appears on the United States' one-dollar bill. It is a gentle reminder of the attribute of God called Omniscience. God knows everything and sees everything.

There is no secret with Him. Human beings often forget this fact and try to hide their sins from God. Adam and Eve tried to hide from God. Cain struggled to conceal his crime. Jonah attempted to run away from the presence of God. David covered his atrocities for months. And many boys and girls today live in secret sins, hoping to outsmart God. But all such attempts are futile. He sees and He knows. And one day, your sin will find you out. It is better to confess them today so they can be blotted out.

Quote: "He sees and He knows."

Chɑllenge: "There is no secret with God"

Prɑyer: "Search me O God, and know my heart today"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
He Sees Your Secrets

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2020

Christ's Sterling Credentials
TEXT: Songs of Solomon 5:9-16

"For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens" (Hebrews 7: 26).

"What is thy beloved more than another beloved, O thou fairest among women? What is thy beloved more than another beloved that thou dost so charge us?" This was a critical question posed to the Shulamite lady by the daughters of Jerusalem. The next verses give a rundown of the sterling qualities of her beloved from head to toe. Unfortunately today, many youths can only comment and talk about the sterling qualities of popular entertainers and football stars but ask them about the uniqueness of Christ they cannot point out any sterling credential that made Him unique and distinct from other religious founders.

Just in a verse, Paul sums up the sterling credentials of Christ as holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens! Should you be confronted by doubters and gainsayers today, what would you say from your personal experience, like the Shulamite, that made your beloved Saviour greater than any other beloved?

Quote: "Distinct from other religious founders."

Chɑllenge: "Outline the uniqueness of our Saviour"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, may my life reflect the uniqueness of Jesus"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2020
Convictions

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On Sep 27, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2020

Worldly Glory Is Worthless
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: Therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not" (1 John 3:1).

Matthew Henry laboured for the Lord by preaching, teaching and writing. Worldly glory seemed not to have mattered to him. He advised, "Let the followers of Christ be content with hard fare here, since they are in the land of strangers, among those who little know them." Followers of Christ in the early church were poised and tranquil as they faced martyrdom. Their persecutors were ignorant of the wine of love that these believers had tasted from the Father. They were ignorant of the peace of mind that flooded their hearts as their debts were fully paid; the grace, glory and glamour of paradise that actually dwarfed the tallest edifice and dimmed the passing glory of earthly possession.

Such was the sight that Stephen saw that made him enthuse with joy, and not with pain at the shelling stones, “I see the heavens opened…" The insight that made Paul count all worldly gains not only as loss but as dung and tag the catalogue of devastating sufferings, "a light affliction for a moment for a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." Are you truly born again? How do you see the worldly glory, as gain or gold; loss or dung?

Quote: "Worldly gains are nothing but dung."

Chɑllenge: "What is your evaluation of worldly gain?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to see earthly gain in the light of eternal glory"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
Love For Christ

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2020

Rehearse Your Own Report
TEXT: Deuteronomy 4:23, 24

"And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? For I hear of your evil dealings by all this people. Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: Ye make the LORD's people to transgress" (1 Samuel 2:23, 24).

The Cambridge English Dictionary defines Rehearse as a verb which means to practice and prepare. However, it also means saying something, telling or repeating something, such as a story. As a Christian youth can you attempt to tell your own life story? How would you feel about those bad things you did that the public or your Church is not aware of? "Rehearsing our own report" gives us the privilege of deeply reflecting on and analysing our actions from the perspective of others and God’s Word thereby making needed adjustments where necessary.

Our text reveals the "no good report" of Eli's sons, Hophni and Phinehas, who seemed not to be aware of the depth of their evils as they did nothing to correct them. This led to their ultimate destruction. They were sons of belial; they did not know God, they were greedy and committed immorality with women who went to worship in God's house. Too wicked! Unfortunately, this can be said of many youths today, even among church ministers’ children. If you are one, repent now.

Quote: "They were greedy and committed immorality."

Chɑllenge: "Compare your story with that of Eli's sons"

Prɑyer: "Open my eyes to my faults, O Lord"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020

Divine Ownership And Your Duty
TEXT: Romans 1:18-25

"For ye are bought with a price: Therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (1 Corinthians 6:20).

God created and owns all things, visible and invisible, including all men. Divine ownership means that God own us by creation and redemption. Unfortunately today, many youths who claim to be God's own have surrendered their souls to Satan through flagrant disobedience to God's instructions (Romans 6:16). According to Johann wolfgang von Goethe, "Knowing is not enough we must apply, willing is not enough we must do." God created man, provided all he needs for survival and brought him redemption full and free when he fell. His duty is to reciprocate God’s goodness by loving, obeying and worshipping Him.

The Christian youth should therefore wake up to this task and daily live in the consciousness of putting God first in all things. He who owns you will determine how you live and how you use your time, talent, and everything you have (1 Corinthians 4:7). Any unrealistic faith life by the youth that portrays God as a magician rather than a faithful miracle worker must be rejected. You cannot desire Abraham's blessings without the commitment to obey God like he did.

Quote: "Reciprocate God's goodness."

Chɑllenge: "He who owns you, controls you"

Prɑyer: "All to Jesus I surrender"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
Living For Eternity.

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2020

God's Flock And The Kingdom
TEXT: Luke 12:22-32

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom" (Luke 12:32).

In Psalm 23, King David reveals to us how much the Good Shepherd diligently, faithfully and lovingly cares for the flock. He provides pasture, water and security. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd. When anyone repents and receives Jesus as personal Lord and Saviour, he becomes part of Christ’s flock. He gives him power to become a child of God. To such God is pleased to give them the kingdom. So, repentance is the gateway into God's kingdom. Jesus Himself pointed it out, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mark 1:15).

Greater will be the joy of youths who do not give way to fear, intimidation or pressure to abandon their faith in Christ Jesus. It was Craig Groeschel who said, "No matter what I feel, I hold the assurance that God never leaves me." The Christian youth is reminded that as a sheep in the 'little flock,' he is loved by the caring Good Shepherd who will never leave or forsake him.

Quote: "Repentance is the gateway into God's Kingdom."

Chɑllenge: "The Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to live out the Kingdom life"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2020

True Freedom (Independence)
TEXT: John 8:34-44

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed" (John 8:36).

Claiming he had 'seen the light,' a man bolted away from his local church, taking his wife and children and abandoned his erstwhile blossoming teaching ministry. He withdrew his four children from school, harassed his wife into submission and started 'a ministry' in his house. He introduced strict observance of Sabbatarian rules, abandoning all work, claiming he was awaiting the return of Yehoshua! Seeking freedom outside Christ, he yielded to demonic delusion and died a miserable death a few years afterwards. Equally, we see nations that believed in God and were governed by the principles of the Word of God now abandoning God and those great values that helped to lift them.

Their freedom is now leading to death and destruction everywhere. True freedom comes to those who willingly yield themselves to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. They receive power to live holy, healthy and prosperous. Moreover they will have the gift of eternal life. You must understand that independence from God is slavery to Satan. If you are living outside Christian religious and parental instructions, beware of such freedom.

Quote: "Independence from God is slavery to Satan."

Chɑllenge: "Under Christ's yoke, we find true freedom"

Prɑyer: "I yield, O Father, to the yoke of my Master, Jesus"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY OCTOBER 02, 2020

Shock At Straying Saints
TEXT: Galatians 1:6-10

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel" (Galatians 1:6).

If Apostle Paul had any reason to be shocked at the rate of backsliding among Galatian converts at his time, it is even more so now as many Christian youths, in particular, are not only imbibing erroneous doctrines but are backsliding outright.

No Bible believing Church members should allow a single backsliding in their midst. Hence, David Yonggi Cho said, "The only way a member should leave the Church is either to transfer to a new Church or to be buried in a casket." That means leaving the Church should only be by transfer or death.

Even those who still remain in the Church but are no more walking in line with the whole biblical truth, as it was in the Galatian Church, are backsliders. Such persons often talk, sing, dress and act like sinners.

Backsliding begins in the heart and is fully realised through circumstances and environmental conditions. Are you being influenced by strange doctrines and ideas? Repent today. Do not lose focus of your academic, career and heavenly goals by thinking about and imagining negative things.

Quote: "Backsliding begins in the heart."

Chɑllenge: "Leaving God's Word for strange doctrines is dangerous"

Prɑyer: "Hold my hand dear Lord, lest I fall"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10am On Oct 02, 2020
Are you backslidden?

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2020

Recognise Your Resources
TEXT: Mark 16:14-20

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them...." (Mark 16:17, 18a).

Life is full of challenges that make the Christian sometimes feel that he cannot go on. However, "Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing," said Theodore Roosevelt. Our strength and resources come from the Lord and with Him we cannot fail. Believers are said to be the happiest people on earth not only because of who they are in Christ but also because of the awesome resources at their disposal. They have the Word of God, the Holy Ghost power, the power of prayer, the blood of Jesus, and the name of Jesus.

The great gospel singer of blessed memory, David Ingles, declared:

"The name of Jesus, is higher than all names;
Just name a sickness, or any problem;
At the mention of that name they bow, they fall.
The name of Jesus is higher than them all."

Our God makes all impossibilities possible. Wisdom for excellence, power over demons and faith that conquers, He provides. Like the saints of old, recognize and use your resources to excel.

Quote: "Our strength and resources come from the Lord."

Chɑllenge: "Believe and enjoy greater possibilities in Christ"

Prɑyer: "Thank you Lord, for the resources you have put at my disposal"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2020
Happy birthday, Nigeria.

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2020

Misled By Her Mother
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 22:1-9

"And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger" (Matthew 14:8).

A mother's influence in the upbringing and decisions of a child, especially a daughter, is overwhelming. Thus, it is popularly said, “Like mother like daughter." Biblical characters like Eunice, Elizabeth, Hannah, among others, are enviable examples of mothers who led their children in godliness and usefulness. Others like Athaliah and Jezebel are monumental examples of godless women who had corrupting and misleading influence on their children. John, by his faithfulness, had offended Herodias, and Herod's birthday presented an ample opportunity for the adulterous mother and her dissolute child to gratify their resentment. This led to the beheading of the forerunner of Jesus Christ.

As a Christian youth you are admonished to “obey your parents in the Lord." That means, as far as the parents' commands agree with the word of God. If a mother or anyone else is misleading you into improper dressing, eating, drinking, relationships and other actions, humbly decline. Any instruction that opposes our Christian faith should be rejected. Our love and obedience to God should come first in all things.

Quote: "Our love and obedience to God should come first."

Chɑllenge: "Obey your parents only in the Lord"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, guide my family aright in all matters, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01am On Oct 04, 2020
Believers are fearless

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Oct 04, 2020
Holiness.

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2020

Christian Success Covenant
TEXT: Deuteronomy 25:9-14

"And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them" (Deuteronomy 28:13).

The head is seen as the most important part of the human body, leading the way for other parts of the body to follow. The head also signifies honourable and highly esteemed people like rulers and governors, whereas the tail signifies the common people that are the subjects. A Covenant can be seen as a mutual agreement between God and man where God's promises are conditioned on man's obedience. God has promised all believers success as they obey His commandments always and promptly.

Youths like Daniel and his three friends took their stance against defilement and God made them ten times better than their contemporaries. Joseph refused to trade his future leadership for momentary pleasure and ended up as a key figure in Egyptian history. Joshua was instructed to meditate daily on the Scripture in order to succeed. You too can make a difference and standout in all your exams if you will repent of all sins and incline your heart to obey God in everything. You too can succeed!

Quote: "God's promises are conditioned on man's obedience."

Chɑllenge: "In everything, remember the God's factor"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, make me outstanding in all my endeavours"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:10am On Oct 05, 2020
Pastor Kumuyi said:

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY OCTOBER 06, 2020

God Is A Writer
TEXT: Exodus 32:15-19

"And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables" (Exodus 32:16).

It is popularly said that, "The faintest ink is better than the strongest memory." Writing dates back to Bible days. Even God is a Writer as seen in our text. The books of the Bible were written by about forty men with the manuscripts meticulously copied by individuals until we now have a compiled Bible today.

It is also advised that all formal agreements be properly documented for future purposes. This underscores the importance of note taking by students.

It is unfortunate that many students find it difficult to take notes in class and church services. While some don't have writing materials and presume they can succeed without them, others are careless in preserving their notes.

Christian students should cultivate the habit of note taking at every important gathering they find themselves as it aids memory. Write legibly and use abbreviations when necessary.

You can also get involved in writing articles for the print media, creative works such as poetry and prose, and Church publications. Visions and directions from God should be clearly documented as well and vigorously pursued for their fulfilments.

Quote: "Write legibly."

Chɑllenge: "Cultivate the habit of note taking always"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to cultivate the habit of note taking"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28am On Oct 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2020

Faint Not
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 4:1-10

"If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small" (Proverbs 24:10).

As long as we are on this side of eternity, challenges of life are bound to come across our ways at one time or another. Sometimes, we are faced with problems and difficulties that seem so insurmountable and unbearable as we journey through life. All these distractions are tools which the devil, our archenemy, bombards us with in order to ensure that we lose focus of heaven and stop our journey on the way. Believers in Christ should have proper understanding about the wiles of the devil and be determined to run the race of life with absolute doggedness and win the trophy at the end of the race. Saints like Apostle Paul in our text did not give up. Therefore, Christians should go through every challenge with steadfastness, endurance and determination.

One should remember that the secret of progress in the Christian race is to always press forward despite the daunting difficulties of life. Christian youth should exercise faith in God’s unfailing promises. Always remember to fix your gaze on Jesus and your strength will always be renewed!

Quote: "Fix your gaze on Jesus."

Chɑllenge: "Exercise faith in God's unfailing promises"

Prɑyer: "Lord, renew my strength today for the journey ahead"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Oct 07, 2020
Do Not Backslide

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2020

Meet Melchisedek
TEXT: Hebrew 7:1-10

"Wither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest forever after the order of Melchisedek" (Hebrews 6:20).

Melchizedek was the king of Salem/priest of the Most High. His name means king of righteousness. The Bible does not tell us his genealogy. Melchizedek was a type of Jesus Christ. He prefigured Jesus, the incarnate Son of God. Jesus was and is the substance that the Old Testament foreshadowed. The Jews had rigid approach to and understanding of the Old Covenant. Unable to understand the design, the Jews held on to what was to be done away with because "their minds were blinded…" (2 Corinthians 3:14).

Christ was a type of Melchizedek concealed in the Old Covenant but a greater than Melchizedek revealed in the New Covenant. Christ's priesthood is higher and eternal in scope. He entered once into the Holy of Holies to offer Himself and has obtained eternal redemption for us. He is our Great Intercessor seated at the right hand of majesty on high. Meet Jesus today by repenting of all sins and accepting His Lordship over your life and you will receive pardon, cleansing, peace and total freedom. You will not regret it!

Quote: "Meet Jesus today."

Chɑllenge: "Christ's priesthood is higher and eternal in scope"

Prɑyer: "Holy Father, I thank you for my High Priest, Jesus Christ"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY OCTOBER 9, 2020

Appalling Danger Of Apostasy
TEXT: Hebrew 6:1-10

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost... If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance..." (Hebrews 6:4, 6a).

Apostasy in Christianity is the rejection of the Christian faith by someone who formerly was a Christian. The term apostasy came from the Greek word 'apostasis', meaning defection, departure, standing away, revolt or rebellion against Christianity. The apostate was once in Christ, but has backslidden and has deliberately chosen to remain in that condition. He can now even become antagonistic to the truth of God's Word.

Restoration becomes impossible for an apostate because he/she has rejected the only plan of salvation after he had tasted it and enjoyed its benefits; there is no other means he could be brought to God (John 14:6). Judas Iscariot was initially saved and even sent out to preach the word. When he backslid through covetousness, he was repeatedly warned but chose to betray Christ. He ended up in hell by committing suicide. Christian youths should watch against backsliding into apostasy by daily self-examination in the light of God's word, regular study of the Bible, remaining in the fellowship of the brethren and daily prayer for grace to remain steadfast in the faith.

Quote: "Watch against backsliding."

Chɑllenge: "Apostasy is damnable, but avoidable"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, keep me from falling"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY OCTOBER 10, 2020

Endeavour To Enter
TEXT: Hebrew 4:1-11

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief" (Hebrews 4:11).

There is a place of rest for every true Christian when life on earth is over. It will be foolhardy for anyone to struggle and suffer in this busy evil world and die a sinner because of heeding the enticements of sin or giving up the fight. Sin may be enjoyable but it is a sweet poison that destroys its victim if not repented of. Heaven is a place of rest for saints of God. No one who does not earnestly desire it, and makes a sincere effort, enters there. We must therefore "strive to enter in" to avoid perishing like the Israelites who died on the way to Canaan.

Salvation is the basic passport for entry into heaven (John 3:3). Having received Christ as Lord and personal Saviour, you must also pray to be purified and filled with the Spirit to enter into Christ's rest to avoid struggling with sin daily. It becomes our habit to overcame temptations to cheat, steal, fight, fornicate, lie, etc. May God grant you this rest.

Quote: "Determination is the key."

Chɑllenge: "Enter into Christ's rest to avoid struggling with sin"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, give me grace to make heaven"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2020

Continue In Christ
TEXT: Colossians 6:1-10

"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him" (Colossians 2:6).

There was a young man who like many great men of God, was a teenager, when he received Jesus Christ, as his personal Lord and Saviour. Being the first child of his Christian parents, he was taught the importance of abiding in Christ by keeping to the tenets of the Christian faith in order to be successful in life and retain his faith as a heavenly pilgrim. He remained in Christ throughout his undergraduate studies. Despite the persecution and opposition towards his Christian faith, he was steadfast, committed and diligent in the pursuit of holiness and excellence. At the end of his undergraduate studies, God crowned his efforts with great success emerging with First Class Honours and as the best graduating student in his institution.

Just like him, as Christian youths, you should continue in Christ, ignoring ungodly philosophies and traditions of men. You must endure all forms of persecution, humiliation, oppression and hatred from Satan and his agents. Do not draw back from following Christ; rather continue faithfully, knowing that God will reward you if you continue to the end.

Quote: "Continue faithfully, knowing that God will reward you."

Chɑllenge: "There are great rewards for all who continue till the end"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, give me the grace to continue till the end"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hospitality

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48am On Oct 12, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2020

Dividends Of Diligence
TEXT: Proverbs 6:6-11

"Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men" (Proverbs 22:29).

Diligence is the consciousness, determination or perseverance one shows when doing something. God is challenging us through our study today to show forth diligence in all we do, be it in academics, career or religious undertaking. Diligent youths do not give excuses for failure. Dr. Ben Carson said, "I struggled academically throughout elementary school yet became the best Neurosurgeon in the world in 1987." Yes, the change came when he started working diligently. Great Scientists like Thomas Edison, Isaac Newton, and Michael Faraday became renowned in the history of inventions through diligence. They sustained the attitude of determination in distress, perseverance in problems, faith in fear and courage in conflict. Dividends of diligence?

The Bible declares, "he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men." Diligence has brought many youths to levels they wouldn't have ordinarily attained in life. Think of David whose diligence in war and dexterity in playing musical instruments brought him before King Saul. Others like Joseph, Daniel, Ruth, and Esther made significant breakthroughs through diligence. As you go out today, endeavour to be diligent. Give your best!

Quote: "Diligent youths do not give excuses for failure."

Chɑllenge: "Go to the ant, you sluggard; learn from her ways"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, help me to be more diligent today"

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.