Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,669 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:48 AM

Is Age Just A Number? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Age Just A Number? (788 Views)

Is Age A Big Deal? / Is Age Barrier An Issue In Marital Relationship / Is Age A Barrier In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Age Just A Number? by cinderellla(f): 7:06am On Jul 09, 2014
Yesterday, I got the most exciting and most shocking gist ever.

My bestfriend called me and told me he hhas found a wife, I was reaally happy because he has been searching for a long time..(He is 31years).

The shocker... shocked shocked She is 15years old, I as really shocked because althhough act is common Up north, it is very rare down south.

Anoter shocker... shocked She is a muslim and He is a devoted christain (suPposed to be born-again sseff).

His family are devoted christains and his father is an anglican reverend.

I thought all this was a joke till I met him yesterday and I got the full gist, it was an arrangement by the girls mother aand she's very receptive about him, she even gave him her daughter'ss number and from all indications the girl likes him too...

I've told him what my concerns and although I'll be there for him and with his permission he recommended I get more views and I suggested nairaland.

I've sent him the link and he'll be able to view your comments.

He prromised to wait for the girl till she is 18years old..(3yyears time)
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by seggexco(m): 7:17am On Jul 09, 2014
Well, to say the truth age to sum pple isn't a barrier to marriage, but i tink that girl is jst 2 small 4 him[haba], difference of 18yrs[KILODE] You won kill persn.
But 4rm wht i'm seeing is like that 31yrs no fit face babe one on one naim make make them help am find small rat.[LOLz].
Wetin i dey talk self, HAA SHE NO TO SMALL OOO, because IF U SEE THE JOY STICK WEY SMALL SMALL GIRLS OF NOWADAYS THEY COLLECT U GO FAINT OOOOO.
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:27am On Jul 09, 2014
Is your best friend Yerima's younger brother? undecided
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by Sunkyphil(m): 7:27am On Jul 09, 2014
Say no to child abuse lipsrsealed
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by Sunkyphil(m): 7:29am On Jul 09, 2014
OgidiOlu3: Is your best friend Yerima's younger brother? undecided
it seems they are closely related grin
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by corisande: 7:32am On Jul 09, 2014
ha! this girl is too young to understand what marriage is about.
I dunno, my thoughts though
15yrs? Odikwa risky

child bride
angry
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by TyTymer(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2014
This is a joke, right?. angry angry angry
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by Prowizy2(m): 7:48am On Jul 09, 2014
Oga why? angry
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by Tallesty1(m): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2014
The saying "age doesn't matter" has it's limits. 31yr man dating an 15yrs girl Is your friend for real? That is twice her age nah. Nah, I see girls of her age as my sisters. I think your friend needs someone he can squeeze anything he likes into her mind or maybe he had dated matured ladies and realised that most of them do not have muffler but whatever may be his reason, methinks the age gap is way too much. He should look for a 25yrs old to marry. Remember this girl hasn't tasted live yet, she might regret marrying him and use rat poison to liberate herself.

1 Like

Re: Is Age Just A Number? by Tannie(f): 9:53am On Jul 09, 2014
15years old should be in SS3. Does your friend have complex problem? Abeg the age gap is too much and the girl in question is still a child. Haba
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by JesDivine(f): 11:02am On Jul 09, 2014
Tallesty1: The saying "age doesn't matter" has it's limits. 31yr man dating an 15yrs girl Is your friend for real? That is twice her age nah. Nah, I see girls of her age as my sisters. I think your friend needs someone he can squeeze anything he likes into her mind or maybe he had dated matured ladies and realised that most of them do not have muffler but whatever may be his reason, methinks the age gap is way too much. He should look for a 25yrs old to marry. Remember this girl hasn't tasted live yet, she might regret marrying him and use rat poison to liberate herself.
I totally agree with you. Op, that girl is yet to explore and enjoy her youth age. Even marrying her at 18 is not such a good idea. Eventually she might start getting male attention and the next thing will be regreting her marriage. He thinks she likes him, your friend should also know that it might be her mum behind the likeness. At her age, the mum can easily influence her feelings towards him. Besides that, I don't believe in arranged marriage. It worked then, but now, I don't think it will. Best of luck.
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by saasala(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2014
Hey Mr. 31 years old, Will you be happy if your 15 year old sister is planning marriage with a 31 year old yeye nincompoop?
Truth be told frankly: You are wicked. Better get your balls together or what happened to Brazil yesterday will happen to you
Re: Is Age Just A Number? by saasala(m): 11:39am On Jul 09, 2014
My signature says it all

(1) (Reply)

Sincere Response Pls / Yoruba Actress Tope Osoba Shows Off What She’s Got / Given No As An Answer At A Wedding Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.