Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? (889 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / When Is it Right For A Child To Own A Cell Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by bombom747: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2008
I was amazed when I saw a 5yrs old boy calling his mom (Mom at work).
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by damiso(f): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
when he/she starts to leave the house without adult supervision i.e old enough to handle responsibility.
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2008
bombom747:

I was amazed when I saw a 5yrs old boy calling his mom (Mom at work).
I you kidding? unbelievable shocked shocked
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by bombom747: 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ damiso does that mean from age 8 to the teens age?
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by damiso(f): 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2008
bombom747:

@ damiso does that mean from age 8 to the teens age?

Not necessarily 8 more like when the child can do stuff like go to school or go out on their own so more like the teenage years.
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by coolier(f): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2008
Sixteen.
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by ifyalways(f): 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2008
Depends on the country and environment where i breed my kids undecided
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by bombom747: 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ coolier wow!! Sixteen is that not to late for the kids ?, smiley
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 09, 2008
ifyalways:

Depends on the country and environment where i breed my kids undecided
right
personally I will say thirteen
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by iice(f): 4:35am On Oct 13, 2008
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by spikedcylinder: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2008
damiso:

when he/she starts to leave the house without adult supervision i.e old enough to handle responsibility.

I agree but it will be a pre-paid phone and the amount of credit put in each week would be reduced to the barest minimum. Unless the child is ready to work and put credit in it his/herself. smiley
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by damiso(f): 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I agree but it will be a pre-paid phone and the amount of credit put in each week would be reduced to the barest minimum. Unless the child is ready to work and put credit in it his/herself. smiley

Good idea.This would make the child understand and appreciate the value of money.
Re: At What Age Would You Allow Your Kids To Use A Cell Phone? by abujabooks(f): 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2008
My 9 year old has a mobile phone.

It depends on d maturity of d child.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Urgent Help / Thread For North-easterners. / Hurray!mother And Daughter Give Birth On The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.