Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621220 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2018
stephenkhalaf:

gunte02, please is this your github account... fear dey catch me o...if it's your own, then it means you are a real BAD guy...
as in ehn, I'm starting to wonder how he didn't make it past bootcamp the first time.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2018
stephenkhalaf:

gunte02, please is this your github account... fear dey catch me o...if it's your own, then it means you are a real BAD guy...
Baba easy with the whining. When u see bad guy....U go choke on your own breath. All man dey learn outhere.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2018
fxdrizzle:
as in ehn, I'm starting to wonder how he didn't make it past bootcamp the first time.
Lol, are you kidding me? please go back to check the tweet chat with Phillip to know what andela looks out for, its beyond technical skills
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2018
isArray:
Lol, are you kidding me? please go back to check the tweet chat with Phillip to know what andela looks out for, its beyond technical skills
Soft skills is major....I hope i posses that.
If you can chime in on this please. How does one demonstrate EPIC values during the bootcamp.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2018
guente02:

Soft skills is major....I hope i posses that.
If you can chime in on this please. How does one demonstrate EPIC values during the bootcamp.
TL;DR
from my disucssion with two friends that got in
you have to possess the abiliity to collaborate with feloow team memebers
constantly demnstrate EPIC values(very important, andela does not joke with it)
ask questions
constantly seek feeedback from your LFA
boot campers are scored on a daily basis, make sure you meet deadline for daily outputs
seek work review from your LFA
never ever argue with your LFA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2018
isArray:
TL;DR
from my disucssion with two friends that got in
you have to possess the abiliity to collaborate with feloow team memebers
constantly demnstrate EPIC values(very important, andela does not joke with it)
ask questions
constantly seek feeedback from your LFA
boot campers are scored on a daily basis, make sure you meet deadline for daily outputs
seek work review from your LFA
never ever argue with your LFA
Got it. �
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2018
isArray:
true sha
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2018
Gudiza:
Please has anyone completed the object oriented tests, I can't seem to get the remaining three test cases resolved?
Any help will be appreciated.
Have u solved this yet?
To handle User encapsulation:
In the constructor of the User class, define the name property with:
this._name= name; (instead of this.name= name) That way, the name property is accessible only by the class.

To handle comment encapsulation:
In the constructor of the Comment class define the message property with:
this._message= message (instead of this.message= message);

Also wherever you used this.name in your class methods, replace with this._name.
Do same for this.message.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
Has Anybody passed the last test(toString()) in the OOP question?. Abeg help o. That is the only test my code hasnt passed. Already frustrated.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
isArray:
treehouse offers 7 days trial, thr course make sense dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, take advantage guys
Please what's the name of the course?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
naijanoni:

Have u solved this yet?
To handle User encapsulation:
In the constructor of the User class, define the name property with:
this._name= name; (instead of this.name= name) That way, the name property is accessible only by the class.

To handle comment encapsulation:
In the constructor of the Comment class define the message property with:
this._message= message (instead of this.message= message);

Also wherever you used this.name in your class methods, replace with this._name.
Do same for this.message.

Hello, after a number of strings and stress i pulled, I managed to solve it. It was actually so much headache, i hope you haven't submitted the test? It has to follow the hierarchy. Try this:::

getString(comment) {
const authorName = comment.getAuthor().getName();
if (!comment.getRepliedTo()) return authorName;
return `${comment.getMessage()} by ${authorName} (replied to ${this.getString(comment.getRepliedTo())})`;
}
toString() {
if(!this._repliedTo){
return `${this._message} by ${this._author.getName()}`;
} else {
return `${this._message} by ${this._author.getName()} (replied to ${this._repliedTo.getAuthor().getName()})`
}
}
-------------
Make sure you also encapsulate the constructor and functions (repliedTo and author) => such as (_repliedTo and _author)under the class comment.

good luck and success. smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2018
shimmer1:

Hello, after a number of strings and stress i pulled, I managed to solve it. It was actually so much headache, i hope you haven't submitted the test? It has to follow the hierarchy. Try this:::

getString(comment) {
return `${comment.getMessage()} by ${authorName} (replied to ${this.getString(comment.getRepliedTo())})`;
}
toString() {
if(!this._repliedTo){
} else {
return `${this._message} by ${this._author.getName()} (replied to ${this._repliedTo.getAuthor().getName()})`
}
}
-------------
Make sure you also encapsulate the constructor and functions (repliedTo and author) => such as (_repliedTo and _author)under the class comment.

Thanks.
I was later able to finish it. I actually copied Gudiza's code from the screenshot he posted here and edited it a bit to work grin.
Omo the OOP no bi here.
Was way tougher than cycle 36's.
Wishing u the best too.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by untethered: 11:06pm On Oct 02, 2018
naijanoni:

Thanks.
I was later able to finish it. I actually copied Gudiza's code from the screenshot he posted here and edited it a bit to work grin.
Omo the OOP no bi here.
Wishing u the best too.

sharp guys grin

now we wait...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 12:16am On Oct 03, 2018
Afolabi6046:
Please what's the name of the course?
i'm currently taking the css grid layout course, i'm used to bootstrap, and since we are no going using any front end framework at the bootcamp, i need to brush on vanilla css
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2018
Cycle 37 folks, pls what was the pre-bootcamp project about?. Was it a front-end project or fullstack?.
Was any frame-work/library allowed ?.
Want to decide on what to learn next.
Whether to learn React( Only library I'm proficient in is Jquery) or move over to back-end (start learning nodeJS).
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2018
naijanoni:
Cycle 37 folks, pls what was the pre-bootcamp project about?. Was it a front-end project or fullstack?.
Whether to learn React( Only library I'm proficient in is Jquery) or move over to back-end (start learning nodeJS).
start with Node.js. Cycle 37 pre bootcamp project is not out yet. You should ask cycle 36 guys.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
naijanoni:
it's not out yet, but no frameworks/library is used at boot camp, start learning node Js, express and postgresql, you should know how to build an api with authentication, then a good front end with HTML and CSS

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Hydrotolu: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2018
isArray:
it's not out yet, but no frameworks/library is used at boot camp, start learning node Js, express and postgresql, you should know how to build an api with authentication, then a good front end with HTML and CSS
And vanillajs cool
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by assurancefemi: 4:37am On Oct 05, 2018
isArray:

Posrgresql or Mongodb?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by assurancefemi: 4:37am On Oct 05, 2018
Please what's the last cycle for 2018?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 5:15am On Oct 05, 2018
assurancefemi:

Posrgresql or Mongodb?
Postgresql.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2018
assurancefemi:

Posrgresql or Mongodb?
postgresql with no ORM/ODM
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
assurancefemi:
Please what's the last cycle for 2018?

Can't really say cos there's a cycle application for every month.. Currently cycle 39 is open and closes on the 17th
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2018
isArray:
Bros.. How far na? How's your day been? I've not seen the links o.. What do make of the freebie given after the Node Conf... git subscription*
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2018
HolyGhostGym:

Bros.. How far na? How's your day been? I've not seen the links o.. What do make of the freebie given after the Node Conf... git subscription*
i just sent them to your mail, mehn i have enough of those github freebies that have not used sef cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
isArray:
i just sent them to your mail, mehn i have enough of those github freebies that have not used sef cheesy
I just moved the stuff to one side.. Have a lot on my plate sef.. grin Seen thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Herapal(m): 12:27am On Oct 06, 2018
I'm intereseted in this shiiiit
Please how can I be part of Andela

isArray:
try this

const number_game = (x, y) => {
if (x > y) {
let res = []
for (let i = y; i <= x; i++) res.push(i)
return res.filter(a => a%2 === 0)
}
let arr = [];
for (let i = x; i <= y; i++) arr.push(i)
return arr.filter(a => a%2===1)
}
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2018
isArray:
Okay. Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 10:01am On Oct 06, 2018
isArray:
Bro... check your email.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Limitless77: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
shimmer1:

getString(comment) {
}
toString() {
if(!this._repliedTo){
} else {
}
}
-------------

Pls I will love to connect with you. Ask a few questions. My email is divineloves77@gmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Limitless77: 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
naijanoni:

Thanks.
Omo the OOP no bi here.
Wishing u the best too.

Please I'll love to connect with you @naijanoni, ask a few questions. My email is divineloves77@gmail.com, kindly reach out. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.