Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil (17555 Views)

African People With Blue Eyes...weird... O_o / Red-head African People / Do African Americans Have A Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by TerryCarr(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
koyyes: Your point exactly? Be clearer so that the ediot that liked your comment can fully comprehend.
you said "Your ancestors sold your forefathers in chains" which does not make much since. it's like telling a English person "your forefathers sold your Irish ancestors into slavery" or saying the Japanese killed there cousins in asia during WW2
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Japanese_Empire_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg[/img]

slaves were war captives from other ethnic groups

2 Likes

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
TerryCarr:
you said "Your ancestors sold your forefathers in chains" which does not make much since. it's like telling a English person "your forefathers sold your Irish ancestors into slavery" or saying the Japanese killed there cousins in asia during WW2
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Japanese_Empire_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg[/img]

slaves were war captives from other ethnic groups
hmmmm, true but in some cases, there were situations where villagers who committed serious taboo(s) were sold out instead of given the normal punishment. I would have loved to give examples but because I understand that hateful non nigerians are on NL, I won't. Other than that, what difference does it make? We are all united by one color irrespective of the shade of color or cultural differences. That's like saying north korea and south korea are not brothers/sisters. You made a very good point though by saying-'Black is not a mono cultural thing'. It is for this very reason we are where we are today.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ Koyyes
Still resorts to ad hominem attacks to get his points across. smh.
Doesn't know the history of his own continent and compensates by making historical fallacies mentioned by RandomAfricanAm, a poor grasp of the topic of discussion, poor grasp of the topic in his link, throws tantrums whenever his point is proven wrong, poor typing skills I might add, doesn't even know who TerryCarr and co. are, follows me around the forums replying to each of my quoted(duplicated) posts like an errand boy, couldn't even cite a source to save his life but would rather throw insults left and right as if that somehow validates his weak points.
And above all, sounds like a broken record doing the above.
Smdh.

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingston277: @ Koyyes
Still resorts to ad hominem attacks to get his points across. smh.
Doesn't know the history of his own continent and compensates by making historical fallacies mentioned by RandomAfricanAm, a poor grasp of the topic of discussion, poor grasp of the topic in his link, throws tantrums whenever his point is proven wrong, poor typing skills I might add, doesn't even know who TerryCarr and co. are, follows me around the forums replying to each of my quoted(duplicated) posts like an errand boy, couldn't even cite a source to save his life but would rather throw insults left and right as if that somehow validates his weak points.
And above all, sounds like a broken record doing the above.
Smdh.
#laughing and rolling on my locally made bed# Making more excuses for your display of self hatred and stuupidity huh! Good to know you are finally coming around by describing your pitiable self. You forgot to add your excuse for being a hypocritical white cooock sucker. It takes only a lunatic to listen to a broken record for days. A round of applause for the king of ediots!!!! Why the hell would I post unadulterated links of my very own african culture? If you want to learn more, come to nigeria and expand our tourism 'purse'. You want free knowledge abi? TYPICAL BLACK OLOSHI like you!!

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingston277: "#laughing and rolling on my locally made bed#"
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1077174_x2_eabb6a7_jpg2000c2798bcd7dc548d6cae3372e9cf2
#Ofcourse I work my as# for my canadian masters, haven't you heard of neo imperialism?# rolling on my locally made african bed. looooooool

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingston277: Hey, Koyyes!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1077174_x2_eabb6a7_jpg2000c2798bcd7dc548d6cae3372e9cf2
Get on! grin
Nah, let the left out space be for your kids and grandkids. #rolls on my locally made African bed#

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ Koyyes

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by TerryCarr(m): 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
koyyes: hmmmm, true but in some cases, there were situations where villagers who committed serious taboo(s) were sold out instead of given the normal punishment. I would have loved to give examples but because I understand that hateful non nigerians are on NL, I won't. Other than that, what difference does it make? We are all united by one color irrespective of the shade of color or cultural differences. That's like saying north korea and south korea are not brothers/sisters. You made a very good point though by saying-'Black is not a mono cultural thing'. It is for this very reason we are where we are today.
NK & SK were both one nation at one point blacks were not, a Zulu is different from a Yoruba like a English is different from a Italian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD1vXYeODxE
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2014
TerryCarr:
NK & SK were both one nation at one point blacks were not, a Zulu is different from a Yoruba like a English is different from a Italian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD1vXYeODxE

You are able to know about North Korea and South Korea because their separation was something that happened not long ago. However, the origin of Blacks still remains debatable. All I know is that before migration became necessary to humans, blacks came from one source.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by TerryCarr(m): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2014
koyyes: You are able to know about North Korea and South Korea because their separation was something that happened not long ago. However, the origin of Blacks still remains debatable. All I know is that before migration became necessary to humans, blacks came from one source.
this is the $tupidest $hit I've ever heard in my life.

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
TerryCarr:
this is the $tupidest $hit I've ever heard in my life.
loool! Trust me, it's not as stuupid as your stuupid self. Don't expect me to respond to what ever vomit you are going to spew. I'm bored with this thread already. You can rant to empty space for all I care like your lunatic friend slaveston, oh sorry-kingston. See you F.A.G.G.O.T.S on the other side!!! #clicks the unfollow botton#
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by bashfat9mm: 1:55am On Jul 24, 2014
[9:53am, 7/23/2014] Bashman2082: https://m.facebook.com/tourismambassador/photos/a.615062018592100.1073741828.615001271931508/624304781001157/?type=1&lul&_rdr
[9:54am, 7/23/2014] Bashman2082: Pls click like wen u login

check this link and see how great culture is.but don't forget to like
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 16, 2014
fulanigirl:

Fulaman I'm with tpia5 on this . They are very insulting and borderline bullying. There is a difference between cultural awareness and judging people on your own pillars

And Pagan9ja referring to me as a half caste, I mean seriously? Do you not realise how offensive that is? So my parents should not get together simply because of tribe and nothing good cane out of that union? I am definitely not confused but I feel blessed to be from two different tribes.
sorry to ask, fulani apart,what is the second tribe you are from ?
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Fulaman198(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2014
rahazaqa: sorry to ask, fulani apart,what is the second tribe you are from ?

She is half Fulani and half Hausa
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

She is half Fulani and half Hausa
oh,ok.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Africans care about their cultures as necessary. I however don't believe that many of our indigenous African cultures are that essential to thriving in the modern world.

I study various Nigerian cultures by lurking in the cultural section here, mostly because i appreciate human anthro-diversity but I learned to get over my chauvinism to appreciate the benefits of non-african cultures.

The most advanced cultural and spiritual philosophies are from Asia, IMO.

Convention ascribes this to the middle east but I know that that area only birthed the world's biggest dogmatic religions. Christianity, Islam.and Judaism are such pains in the asses at times.

African culture is good for what it is but humanity would not be missing much if African cultures were extinct...except maybe some appreciation of a primordial way of life which is anachronistic to contemporary needs (cultural and otherwise).
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Lagosian247: 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Yes we do! In fact there is this new cultural research organisation that is working to preserve Nigeria's heritage. It's called Nsibidi Institute. You should check out their website. There was this one blog a week or two ago about how Nigeria was seen by Americans (Westerners broadly speaking) a few weeks before independence. Great photos from LIFE Magazine.
http://nsibidiinstitute.org/a-proud-free-and-all-but-forgotten-nigeria/

They actually just launched a project on Twitter @NsibidiInst as well - an online archive. Looks like a more engaging way to talk about Nigeria's rich, old and diverse cultural history.
Here is the poster that came with it.

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
chulla12: Africans care about their cultures as necessary. I however don't believe that many of our indigenous African cultures are that essential to thriving in the modern world.

I study various Nigerian cultures by lurking in the cultural section here, mostly because i appreciate human anthro-diversity but I learned to get over my chauvinism to appreciate the benefits of non-african cultures.

The most advanced cultural and spiritual philosophies are from Asia, IMO.

Convention ascribes this to the middle east but I know that that area only birthed the world's biggest dogmatic religions. Christianity, Islam.and Judaism are such pains in the asses at times.

African culture is good for what it is but humanity would not be missing much if African cultures were extinct...except maybe some appreciation of a primordial way of life which is anachronistic to contemporary needs (cultural and otherwise).

Maybe its not important to the world, but its the only way to develop Africa back to its advanced state. Our forefathers were clearly more advanced than us so why should we turn away from (African)ways of advancing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals / Full List Of Past Olubadans / Abeg Who Can Teach Me Ekiti?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.