Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer (26843 Views)

Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / Bamidele Aturu's Death Aided By The Same SILLY Doctors He Defended While Alive! / Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
This year 2014 no be good year. A lot of prominent people have gone. sad
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by madamoringo(f): 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
Watch the worst hypocrites pretending as though they have any sympathy but this is exactly what thousands of Nigerians have been doing for years! The guys who work hard to give Nigerians a voice and an alternative to slavery and dictatorship are not appreciated until the pass on while the retardeenics keep destroying your lives!

3 Likes

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by biafransoul: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mr Bamidele Aturu, rest in peace. Happy that when you were alive, you did not behave like an 'aturu'. Good bye
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by madridguy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: rip

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ONLINE IMPORTATION BIZ quote me

I am very much interested.
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by sparkleboy(m): 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
.one of the important role models for we young Lawyers is gone again. Too bad. RIP. sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by Chinzzy(f): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
call jumia consultant Gracey to place ur orders. cash on delivery//delivery is @ ur doorstep. yu wud also enjoy my discounts. 07030063600. to view prices log on to www.
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
Good people dey alwz quick die, dem no dey teeeh at all, if na bad person now, he go reach 80,90.
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by lukaino(m): 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
Why are we loosing our great minds? The voices of the voiceless ,the hope of the common man. This man has impacted my life a great deal even though i have not met him. Rest in Gods bossom in the assurance that you have played.your role in life very well.
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by retepmurt(m): 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is the Lawyer handling Baba Suwe drug saga i think.
RIP!
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by johnstin(m): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
Menh I will really miss this man. A sagacious and quintessencial lawyer! Always a delight to watch and listen to him on tv.
A very sound lawyer and human rights activist per excellence. R.I.P Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by BrokenTV: 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
REST IN PEACE BAMIDELE .
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by IYANGBALI: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
cheguevera: G
Q ofe mmanu RIP
you are soooooo dry
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by IYANGBALI: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
sparkleboy: Might be a sadrumour. cry
it is not a rumour,he told me that he is dead
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by Cheeun(f): 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
I just don't understand why good people do not last. Hmm this life sha... R.I.P Lawyer Bamidele. cry
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by Demdem(m): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
Very unfortunate. Still a young man.
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by lightofjoy(m): 10:05pm On Jul 09, 2014
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by ogbronx(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
It seems those who want an egalitarian Nigeria are the ones dying so young and because the majority of Nigerians easily forget and are gullible, you wonder what the future of this country would.
There are still a few(compared to the other breed of Nigerians) that are objective and believe in an ideal Nigeria here on NL. To them I say kudos. No time spent in typing an arguing objectively on political issues is a waste. You might just be pulling one out of ignorance and gullibility.
May the soul of the just RIP!

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by hollawuyi2013(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
May God grant his family strength!!

May God grant us all the wisdom to know that we don't belong here forever.
May He grant us capacity to give our best everyday of our lives.
May He give us the understanding to love one another unconditionally irrespective of tribe, religion or class!
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by hollawuyi2013(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
May God grant his family strength!!

May God grant us all the wisdom to know that we don't belong here forever.
May He grant us capacity to give our best everyday of our lives.
May He give us the understanding to love one another unconditionally irrespective of tribe, religion or class!
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by viuche: 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
Rip

but aturu means sheep in igbo language. embarassed
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by Firefire(m): 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
Rest in Perfect Peace, Mr Bamidele Aturu. embarassed
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by Sagamite(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
talk2smat: This just came in now. Human rights lawyer, Bamidele Aturu, is dead. Aturu reportedly died on Wednesday evening according to a colleague, Olanrewaju Suraj. Suraji confirmed that Aturu was sick briefly before he died in a Lagos hospital.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/human-rights-lawyer-aturu-is-dead/

http://saharareporters.com/2014/07/09/prominent-human-rights-activist-bamidele-aturu-dead-49

Now this is one of the few GREAT Nigerians.

RIP.

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by diamondboa(m): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
May His heroic soul rest in Peace .

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by melomelo: 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
Chai chai chai. Oma se oo. Oh my God. Oga Bamidele sun re oooo. Omo akin. O doju ala. The poor masses will continue to remember you for ever. You have tried your best within this short stay. God understand. Federal and state government will never celebrate people like this. The family should carry along the masses in the burial arrangement. RIPP.

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by segalex: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
RIP man, what a great loss to the nation! I really love his insightful and unbiased contributions to most national issues. May God grant his family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by cococandy(f): 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
May he rest in peace. embarassed

In other news,
In igbo language aturu means SHEEP.
The 'intricacies' of languages
Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by Onlinebizexpert(m): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
miqos02: I AM NOT INTERESTED

only a F.O.O.L puts his mouth in a case that does not concern him just to gain cheap popularity in terms of LIKES

I dont blame you sha, keep staying in your papa house and wait for white collar jobs............awon oloshi

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by OpinionLeader: 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
Another voice of the Masses has been snatched by the cold hands of death. This is sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer by juman(m): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ehyaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Unfortunate.

People should be checking their blood pressure regularly.

Bamidele Aturu, one of Nigeria’s foremost human rights lawyer is dead.

Close friends to Aturu, a prominent Lagos, Nigeria-based human rights lawyer and analyst, who died Wednesday evening have disclosed that he actually collapsed and could not make it to the hospital.

Aturu was said to have been confirmed dead on arrival at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, Idi-Araba.

Confirming his death to P.M. NEWS, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, said he was unconscious and never did not make it to the hospital. The cause of is death is yet to be confirmed.

Debo Adeniran of the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, CACOL, who expressed grief at the news of Aturu’s death, confirmed to P.M. NEWS that the late lawyer collapsed.

“I was told he collapsed, but the news did not come to me early. By the time I heard it, I called his wife, the background noise coming from the other end seemed sounded like a church setting. It was another person, a lady, who picked the phone and was just shouting: ‘it is well’ and that Aturu’s wife cannot speak to me.

“He must have overworked himself or he is a victim of the doctors’ strike, but we will know in due course,” he said.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/07/09/bamidele-aturu-is-dead/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Tenders 8 Immediate Recipes For Peace Between Presidency And NASS / Kanu's Arrest: IPOB Protests At British Embassy In Ireland, Submits Petition / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.