Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries (5472 Views)

Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director / Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula / Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by ocular007(m): 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
Pension scam: Abia suspends treasury officers’ salaries

Irked by the reluctance of the staff of sub- treasuries to implement government new policy on electronic payment of pensioners, the Abia State Govenment has directed the immediate stoppage of the salaries of the staff of the sub- treasury .

Commissioner for Finance, Dr. Philip Nto, in a release said that the disciplinary measure would not be vacated until the erring officers comply with the new policy, which he explained was aimed at eradicating corruption in the system.

Nto who lamented that his late father’s name was still in pensioners’ payroll years after his demise said government would not hesitate to expose and prosecute any official found defrauding the state.

The Commissioner vowed that government would not rescind its decision to commence the implementation of electronic payment of pensioners by the end of July 2014, warning that any one who constitutes a clog to the proposal will be severely dealt with.

He, therefore, directed the Heads of Sub-Treasuries to ensure strict compliance with all government directives regarding the welfare of pensioners.

The Heads of Sub-treasuries were also directed to submit without delay the necessary documents and data needed for the verification and commencement of e-payment of pensioners in the state.

When implemented, the new policy is expected to end the woes of pensioners in the state who have complained bitterly of pension arrears even when the fund has been provided by government .

The PUNCH recalls that government’s directive on biometric audit of council staff two years ago met stiff opposition by some fraudulent officials and cabal who had corruptly enriched themselves through public funds.

The sharp practice has gone unchallenged for years, hence the reluctance of the Heads of Sub-Treasuries to facilitate the commencement of the electronic payment.

Gov. Theodore Orji had early last year declared total war on corruption , misappropriation and outright embezzlement of public funds,warning that any government official (s) found culpable will be fired and prosecuted.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pension-scam-abia-suspends-treasury-officers-salaries/

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by OmoLisabi(m): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
Expect the civil servants to start a massive campaign of calumny against the Governor. Civil servants are the most corrupt entity in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by BRAV0O(m): 5:36am On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Smartsyn(m): 5:37am On Jul 10, 2014
Dear Dr Nto, so your late fathers name was on the pension payroll after his death and you have been collecting the money since then..

You are as corrupt as the system. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by vanhelsing2099(m): 5:44am On Jul 10, 2014
I DON'T USUALLY COMMENT BUT WHEN I DO
No matter your Religion/Race/Tribe
Let join hands in stopping terrorism
#PrayForGaza

Religion> worst thing ever happen to mankind

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by KingsleyCEO: 5:44am On Jul 10, 2014
This is a case of a bigger thief(Governor) not allowing the small thieves(Commissioner and his gang) do their thing

5 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Kenneth205(m): 6:13am On Jul 10, 2014
Haaa.. This I serious #Greatken
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by gerrardomendes(m): 6:14am On Jul 10, 2014
Please how do i locate the housing and property section? Am new in town. grin

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by GPA5: 6:22am On Jul 10, 2014
I*O = CORRUPTION, FRAUDS, KIDNAPPING, HUMAN TRAFFICKER .

I*O IS SYNONYMOUS WITH EVIL .

CAN YOU IMAGINE A COMMISSIONER IS ALSO A THIEF:

COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE DR Philip Nto who lamented that his late father’s name
was still in pensioners’ payroll years after his
demise
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Jakeattah(m): 6:26am On Jul 10, 2014
People can be very heartless angry
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by dridowu: 6:33am On Jul 10, 2014
Hhhaa
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by konjakonja(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2014
To think that someone worked for this money for over 30 years yet some thieves refused to pay him/her is dishearten. Anyone. Found guilty of stealing pensions found should be tried as a murderer. 10 years behind bars is too small.

2 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by samukiwo(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2014
The Commissioner isn't the one receiving his late dad's pension, rather the treasury officers channel such ghost pensions to their purse. Abia is a corrupt state, even the governor won't be absolved of such charges. He is the chief of corruption. lipsrsealed cool

4 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by CVWizards(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2014
Shame on us.

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by henchamb(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2014
Abia making news for the first time. I dont trust this because nothing good comes out from abia officials mind than how to steal the state dry. Ochendo umu nkita

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by angela98(f): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2014
Too much corruption in lawless naija lipsrsealed heading to romance session.
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Dmentor(f): 7:20am On Jul 10, 2014
Nice move. Enough is enough. The old citizens in Abia state have suffered enough. I hope the government keeps to its words and ensure that the policy is implemented.

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 10, 2014
KingsleyCEO: This is a case of a bigger thief(Governor) not allowing the small thieves(Commissioner and his gang) do their thing
By "do their thing" I suppose you mean steal and embezzle pensioners money. And I suppose we'll only build a stronger nation when everyone can "do their thing" in peace

Nigeria we hail thee #SMH
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by eaglechild: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2014
Orji fighting corruption? Hmmm.

Why is this even on the front page?
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by eagleeye2: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2014
I am not a supporter of Ochendo, but in this area I support him.
The pension board has done series of screening for this e-payment, but why they are dragging their feet on its implementation is what I don't understand. The officials of the sub-treasury, make money paying cash. At least I know that.
For instance, if your pension is #46,758.50, just know that you will be receiving #46,000 or even #45,000. The remaining goes into the cashier's Pocket. Now imagine collecting over #500. to #1000 from individual pensioners at each payment period. Why won't they oppose e-payment? And untop of this, these old men and women sometimes do show "appreciation" after they have suffered to collect what is rightfully theirs.

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Smartsyn: Dear Dr Nto, so your late fathers name was on the pension payroll after his death and you have been collecting the money since then..

You are as corrupt as the system. Thanks.
ur problem Is, "u can't comprehend a simple thing u read,who said he was the one collecting the pension, evaporated brain.

3 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by cbrass(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2014
But I thought they said the Abia state governor is corrupt
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2014
Some unfortunate lower-level staff of that department who have no hand in this will suffer, unfortunately.

Anyway, let's see if it works.
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Obynobyl(m): 8:35am On Jul 10, 2014
This is how change comes. I pray it will be implemented in all the states in Nigeria. These civil servants seem to forget that they will also retire one day.
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by disloman(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Space 4 sale
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by lonelydora: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Thank God my father does not depend on this Abia pension, all his 6 children are made, including me his last born. T. Orji can go to hell with the pension, we no send am. May God also provide for all those that depend on the pension. Wicked Civil servants
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Smartsyn(m): 9:04am On Jul 10, 2014
denkyw:
ur problem Is, "u can't comprehend a simple thing u read,who said he was the one collecting the pension, evaporated brain.
if he's not the one collecting it direct, then he knows who is,which is the same thing.
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by Omodua(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2014
Abia state is always embroiled in bad news. Treating pensioners this way is not right and it is a slur on the image of TA Orji,Ochendo,the Governor. 2015 elections may end this rot.
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by chubysoft1(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2014
I wonder why Abia State Government always fights against itself.
Re: Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries by juman(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2014
The abia governor is one of the worse governor in the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: NMA Seeks Psychiatric Test For Politicians / Shocking!: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari / Update On Nafdac Two Weeks Strike; Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.