Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula (13821 Views)

Amaechi Denies Spending N82m On Dinner For Soyinka, Dares Wike To Go To Court / Pdp Hon Mrs Veronica Onajite Edokplo Assisinated In Sapele (pictured) / Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by baslone: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2012
One of the accused persons standing trial in the N14.5 billion Police Pension scam, Mrs. Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula, has told investigators the $544,632 (about N82 million) found in one of her companies, Ulover International Resources Limited, was realized from selling pure water which the company produces.

Mrs. Onyegbula stated that the company which was situated in Umuahia, the Abia state capital belonged to her mother whom she said suffered stroke seven years ago and as a result of that made her a member of the board of directors to enable her handle the finances of the company.

Part of the items recovered by operatives of the anti graft agency during a search at the woman’s home was bank statements belonging to Ulover International Resources Limited which she stated is engaged in the production of pure water.

In her statement issued to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission as contained in the proof of evidence filed by the agency before the court where they are standing trial and dated 15th February, 2012, the accused stated that in the course of her job at the Police Pension Office, that she cashed a total of N14 billion on the instruction of the Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Kigo and the Director, Mr. Esai Dangabar via cheques signed by both men.

She also stated that there was a subsisting Federal Government Circular which directed that withdrawals from the Police Pension Fund should be by way of e-payment to beneficiaries accounts but that despite this circular, that her bosses issued cheques in her name with which she accessed funds from the Police Pension Funds domiciled at a first generation bank, First Bank of Nigeria Plc.

She also stated that she handed over the monies as soon as she cashed the cheques from First Bank Plc.

The accused persons are scheduled to appear before the court again on Tuesday for their bail applications to be heard.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pension-scam-i-made-544-000-selling-pure-water-says-accused-pm-news-nigeria

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by baslone: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2012
You guys should be grateful for the business info.

I guess you did not realise pure water was so profitable.

I will now aim to start a pure water business. grin

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by YoursGEJ(m): 11:59am On Apr 03, 2012
madam abeg make I come join you! Who's she telling that c.o.c.k and bull story. You can not even make that much selling pure water in the sahara desert.

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by Afam4eva(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2012
I've always known that pure water business is very lucrative. you could even be richer than bill gates selling pure water.

2 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by funshint(m): 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2012
May d lord punish those who are bent on feasting on other pple's toil!
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by gulfer: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2012
baslone: You guys should be grateful for the business info.

This pure water must be special and selling at $50 each satchet. Love my country NAIJA.
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by womer: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2012
Yes, I agree with you, pure water is profitable.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by jetsetgo: 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2012
*smiles
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2012
pure wetin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by eghost247(m): 12:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
Yours GEJ,:
madam abeg make I come join you! Who's she telling that c.o.c.k and bull story. You can not even make that much selling pure water in the sahara desert.
[size=15pt]HAHAHAHAHAHAA[/size]
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by yemmight(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2012
shocked :o82 million. For how many decades? :o82 million. For how many decades?
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by jetsetgo: 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2012
jetsetgo: *smiles

Company A produces 1,000 bags of pure water daily.
1 bag = 20 sachets
thus they produce 20,000 sachets in a day.
if they can sell it all @ N5 they would have cash inflow of N100,000 per day

how much is the cost of transporting that amount daily?
water treatment even if crude will also require some financing?
cost of producing sachets plus occasionally running a generator nko?

fuel is now N97 in theory so cost of production would be pretty steep, and someone says she made 82,000,000
maybe she dont pay no taxes
dont pay no workers nada
and dont have no competition.

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by ignis: 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2012
Yours GEJ,:
its possible for her to make such money here in Nigeria if God bless her.
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by duro: 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2012
These people should just be tied to a stake and shot dead. They deserve to die just like they have caused the untimely death of some of those pensioners. I am just sick and tired of the Nigerian Judicial system. U will soon see these men on the street enjoying the money and possibly given a chieftancy title. Where is Bankole's case and the case of those five governors. God save naija
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by naughtyluk101(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2012
madam wetin happen now,shey na fool you call every body for Niaja ni,My have 5 pure water companies and we're not yet proud of even 1 million in our account,even if you dey use juju sell am sef u can't make such profit how much is the whole Umuahia sef....ahhh ahhh Na God go punish unaa na person sweat una dey chop.....
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by emsquare(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
baslone: You guys should be grateful for the business info.

True talk!
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by stepo707: 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
so te them quote the money in dollars.Incredible
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by naughtyluk101(m): 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2012
jetsetgo:

1 bag = 20 sachets

how much is the cost of transporting that amount daily?
water treatment even if crude will also require some financing?
cost of producing sachets plus occasionally running a generator nko?

fuel is now N97 in theory so cost of production would be pretty steep, and someone says she made 82,000,000
maybe she dont pay no taxes
dont pay no workers nada
and dont have no competition.

Not even bottle water oooo...I wonder maybe na evil spirit she dey sell am too for night....

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by jetsetgo: 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2012
duro: These people should just be tied to a stake and shot dead. They deserve to die just like they have caused the untimely death of some of those pensioners. I am just sick and tired of the Nigerian Judicial system. U will soon see these men on the street enjoying the money and possibly given a chieftancy title. Where is Bankole's case and the case of those five governors. God save naija

If I provide the poles/stakes and the gun would you do the shooting? Be careful of being unlawful...
What we need now is not further violence, just a strong determination to hold this wacko, sick, demented, greedy, useless, parasitic, evil leaders to account and punish them in a manner our children can emulate in future.
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by showbobo(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2012
ignis:
its possible for her to make such money here in Nigeria if God bless her.
Are you this stupid or tryna impress someone
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by naughtyluk101(m): 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2012
This is an insult to Nigerians,If we are serious about corruption in Nigeria, this scenario should call for a serious legislature debate about cash movement in the country. Everybody is guilty of this offense, however, I want to challenge all pressure groups, be opposition in both houses, NBA, Trade unions, human right groups, Arewa youth, NADECO, Afenifere, Ndigbo,e.t.c to jointly present a bill that will block all the loophole in banking industries.Am sure this people will soon be released, look at Akingboola's and Elumelu' issue. By the time the lawyers, Judges and the rest collect there own, they will be set free...... mark my words.Look at her face,at they commit atrocity they go con dey look like innocent y...

To my dear sister Ngozi, this PENSION case has worsen your chance. CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME...

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by kokoA(m): 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2012
I pray she gets enogh time in kiri-kiri to sell her pure water "undisturbed". I bet she will make a hundred milla dollars in one month. Ole!

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by sirp2007: 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2012
no wonder, l have been seeing pure water in my dreams. So l have been called into d most profitable bizness in nija and l didnt know.
MADAM SHUT UP THERE AND TELL US A BELIEVABLE LIE OR BETTER STILL FEIGN SICKNESS.

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2012
That's probably someone's mother on Nairaland.
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by kokoA(m): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
grin grin grin

engineerd: That's probably someone's mother on Nairaland.
grin Na wah for you o
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by Phonon: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2012
The "Pure Water" is from the Victoria Falls so it is quite costly to import including customs duties and other running costs.VERY EXPENSIVE WATER I MUST SAY.It is the Saudi Sheikhs and other Arab royal families that patronise her company.*smh*
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by free2ryhme: 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
cheesy grin She is the only sole supply of pure water to the entire Nigeria grin gringringringrin
Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by kizito96(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2012
She sells Heavenly water

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by mcnepow(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2012
jetsetgo:

1 bag = 20 sachets

When miracles happen,
It is usually beyond human comprehension! grin

2 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by aljharem(m): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
People an their sentiment sha, maybe it is stu.pididty or they just chose to play on people's intelligent. Please what pure water business would generate $544,632 ?

The highest profitable place to sell pure water is the core-northern states and Lagos. Through my life of drinking pure water, I am yet to see Ulover pure water label.

Now some ideeiots are saying she made 82 million naira legitimately.

rubbish

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula by kokoA(m): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
free2ryhme: cheesy grin She is the only sole supply of pure water to the entire Nigeria Aso rock grin gringringringrin

After one million naira food, they drink 100 thousand naira pure water each meal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are Your Questions For The Presidential Media Chat On Sunday? / Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland / Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.