Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? (3186 Views)

Dead Man Reappears....Takes Pregnant Girlfriend Home After Delivery. / When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? / How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
My wife just gave birth through CS and it's over 4 weeks now but her stomach is still big...som1 says we shouldn't use hot water or any hot compressor
Re: What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by shrekandfiona: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
If she is fit, she can start walking for 30minutes daily and proceed to jogging. The tummy will reduce in size gradually. Exclusive breastfeeding also helps get back to shape. It's gradual, be patient and consistent
Re: What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
shrekandfiona: If she is fit, she can start walking for 30minutes daily and proceed to jogging. The tummy will reduce in size gradually. Exclusive breastfeeding also helps get back to shape. It's gradual, be patient and consistent

Merci beaucoup...Thanks very much
Re: What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by egopersonified(f): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
Op, my aunt who came for 3 omuguo was old sch ohh, she used to make me drink hot pepper soup and beverage all day, pressed my stomach with hot water morning and night, tied my stomach with a wrapper so tight I would find it hard to breathe and made me do sit ups few weeks after birth. She was so intimidating I couldnt object. But now people always comment on how flat(not totally ohh) my tummy is after 3 kids but am too ashamed to give them details of what I went through, but I am always thankful that I listened to her. Hopefully someone can help you with more modern techniques.
Re: What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
egopersonified: Op, my aunt who came for 3 omuguo was old sch ohh, she used to make me drink hot pepper soup and beverage all day, pressed my stomach with hot water morning and night, tied my stomach with a wrapper so tight I would find it hard to breathe and made me do sit ups few weeks after birth. She was so intimidating I couldnt object. But now people always comment on how flat(not totally ohh) my tummy is after 3 kids but am too ashamed to give them details of what I went through, but I am always thankful that I listened to her. Hopefully someone can help you with more modern techniques.

Thanks...I'm sure she wouldn't object to this system but is this applicable to her situation...she had a caesarian operation...not tru natural delivery
Re: What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by EfemenaXY: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
egopersonified: Op, my aunt who came for 3 omuguo was old sch ohh, she used to make me drink hot pepper soup and beverage all day, pressed my stomach with hot water morning and night, tied my stomach with a wrapper so tight I would find it hard to breathe and made me do sit ups few weeks after birth. She was so intimidating I couldnt object. But now people always comment on how flat(not totally ohh) my tummy is after 3 kids but am too ashamed to give them details of what I went through, but I am always thankful that I listened to her. Hopefully someone can help you with more modern techniques.

@OP: Please don't try this on your wife! She's had a C-Section, (a major operation) and her body needs time to heal. The last thing you want is for that wound to get infected or re-opened! She shouldn't even be lifting heavy objects and definitely needs to take things easy. Four weeks is still early days. She has all the time in the world to get back to shape but now's not that time. Pls let her body recover slowly and naturally. There's no rush.

My advice to you is to go with her for her 6-week post natal check-up with her doctor so she can be advised on what sort of exercises to do to keep fit. Walking for 30 minutes each day is good, so also is exclusive breastfeeding.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
She can start working out after healing like any other sensible mother would do for the sake of her wellbeing
Re: What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by chibwike(m): 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mondisweets: She can start working out after healing like any other sensible mother would do for the sake of her wellbeing
longest tym
Re: What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? by ifeewhy: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
can mine reduce even after 6 months

(1) (Reply)

My Wife And My Friend Chat Behind Me! / Kids Outside Wedlock? / Why Do Many Nigerians Develop Accents Few Months After Leaving Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.