Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? (8494 Views)

The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / ‘love-making With My Husband No Longer Turns Me On’ / Incredible! Read The Best Divorce Letter I Have Seen Exchanged By A Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by smartmom(f): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
I had this heated argument with a friend when she came griping of a neigbour who conceived after 3 months after delivery. Our bone of contention is when is the appropriate time? she thinks as early as the new mother is comfortable to resume 'duty' angry I think not! can we educate new mothers here please?
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by seasonedmom: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Matter of fact, I think our parents had more sense than their 'modern'offspring! call me old fashioned but I firmly believe all amorous gestures should be held back till at least 6 weeks. A woman's body goes through a major ordeal during delivery so she should take time off to heal and recuperate abegi!

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by babysnogls: 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
If its a normal delivery, i'l say a month. If she had tears or episotomy, i'l say 3 months(wen d wound is healed). If is CS, 6months to a year. Some husbees too get pepper body. I had episotomy with my 2nd child and my hubby wanted it b4 a month. He almost loosend d thread!
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by donchris369: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
babysnogls: If its a normal delivery, i'l say a month. If she had tears or episotomy, i'l say 3 months(wen d wound is healed). If is CS, 6months to a year. Some husbees too get pepper body. I had episotomy with my 2nd child and my hubby wanted it b4 a month. He almost loosend d thread!

Hahahahah.... Your hubby dey vex oooo. Anyway na mann na. You know men na and their high testereone. Hahahahaha. Abi you want make him go outside?
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by coogar: 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
smartmom: I had this heated argument with a friend when she came griping of a neigbour who conceived after 3 months after delivery. Our bone of contention is when is the appropriate time? she thinks as early as the new mother is comfortable to resume 'duty' angry I think not! can we educate new mothers here please?

a full year!

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by seasonedmom: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
I remembered an article/post in which a mom( I think?) gave this very detailed intimacy resumption plan which I did not fully agree with but I do admit had a few merits:

http://www.nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/topic,154.0.html under the category child delivery and resuming sexual intimacy.

We must take care of our bodies o! if e spoil now the men would just dreeesssss out and look elsewhere for 'greener pastures'.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
I resumed with my wife 1 year after delivery.

I waited that long because I wanted to be sure there will be no harm to her.

But it was not easy waiting for that long.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by DANILSA(m): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
virtuoso01: I resumed with my wife 1 year after delivery.

grin grin grin UTUOKU
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by k2039: 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

a full year!

[color=soyouquotedme]If I have to wait a full year to get se.x, I'll rather not give birth. [/color]
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by coogar: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]If I have to wait a full year to get se.x, I'll rather not give birth. [/color]

so if your spouse travels for a year or incapacitated to have sëx due to illness, you would commit suicide? better learn some sort of self control going to marriage otherwise you would be dicking your housemaid or that teenage orange seller called comfort

6 Likes

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by smartmom(f): 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2013

Kudos to u! but the danger of that is the possibility of another pregnancy after all that stored up..... smiley wink
seasoned_mom: I remembered an article/post in which a mom( I think?) gave this very detailed intimacy resumption plan which I did not fully agree with but I do admit had a few merits:

http://www.nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/topic,154.0.html under the category child delivery and resuming sexual intimacy.

We must take care of our bodies o! if e spoil now the men would just dreeesssss out and look elsewhere for 'greener pastures'.

I agree with that link/author esp. the methods which should help the likes of Virtuoso and his 'patience'
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
The medically recommended time is usually 6 weeks, I don't believe there is a difference whether you have a C-section or vaginal delivery. The vagina/cervix area should typically be ready by 6 weeks. Whether the woman is emotionally ready or interested is another matter. If more health issues complicate things, that will also put a wrench to the plans.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by coogar: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
ileobatojo: The medically recommended time is usually 6 weeks, I don't believe there is a difference whether you have a C-section or vaginal delivery. The vagina/cervix area should typically be ready by 6 weeks. Whether the woman is emotionally ready or interested is another matter. If more health issues complicate things, that will also put a wrench to the plans.

6 weeks?
why not carry a chainsaw and hack the woman to death? a woman is not ready 6 weeks after delivery unless you are insinuating women are domestic animals. anything between 9-12 months is the standard! the state of the sushi sef won't appeal to any man unless he's a räpist!

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by k2039: 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

so if your spouse travels for a year or incapacitated to have sëx due to illness, you would commit suicide? better learn some sort of self control going to marriage otherwise you would be dicking your housemaid or that teenage orange seller called comfort
[color=soyouquotedme]So you didn't d*ick any girl for a year.
Sincere answer please?.

I have to wait till then though to know what I'll do in that situation.
[/color]
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by coogar: 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
k2039:
[color=soyouquotedme]So you didn't dick any girl for a year.
Sincere answer please?.
[/color]

nah.....i am a faithful husband
besides, my spouse is an expert with her hands and tongue.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

6 weeks?
why not carry a chainsaw and hack the woman to death? a woman is not ready 6 weeks after delivery unless you are insinuating women are domestic animals. anything between 9-12 months is the standard! the state of the sushi sef won't appeal to any man unless he's a räpist!

Lol! Wetin concern me with domestic animals. Did I give any man automatic freedom to jump on his wife at 6 weeks? I am telling you the fact of the matter. By 6 weeks, the cervix has closed, any tears have healed and the woman won't be bleeding anymore. The va*gina is ready to receive the pe*nis simple. Like I said, whether the woman is in the mood or not is another matter. She may be fatigued, may have suffered other complications medically and psychologically that prevents the act. The does not change the fact that the va*gina is ready for sex by 6 weeks in majority of cases.

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by k2039: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

[color=soyouquotedme]I have a alternative then, I will stick with oral. [/color]

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Geomac: 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
k2039:

lol
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by coogar: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
ileobatojo:

Lol! Wetin concern me with domestic animals. Did I give any man automatic freedom to jump on his wife at 6 weeks? I am telling you the fact of the matter. By 6 weeks, the cervix has closed, any tears have healed and the woman won't be bleeding anymore. The va*gina is ready to receive the pe*nis simple. Like I said, whether the woman is in the mood or not is another matter. She may be fatigued, may have suffered other complications medically and psychologically that prevents the act. The does not change the fact that the va*gina is ready for sex by 6 weeks in majority of cases.

most women don't stop bleeding until 8 weeks(lochia) so how can she be ready to take a man then? there are many issues involved here my friend including physical and psychological issues. child birth is like a grenade going off inside a woman. everything in her uterus has been bruised, torn, damaged and sex after 6 weeks is ideal to you? ileobatojo, what are you not telling us?
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

most women don't stop bleeding until 8 weeks(lochia) so how can she be ready to take a man then? there are many issues involved here my friend including physical and psychological issues. child birth is like a grenade going off inside a woman. everything in her uterus has been bruised, torn, damaged and sex after 6 weeks is ideal to you? ileobatojo, what are you not telling us?

Says who? Lochia has usually stopped by 4-6 weeks.

When did I say it is ideal after 6 weeks? It has to be individualized once cleared by your OB and that clearance typically happens around 6 weeks. Everything in her uterus is damaged? Where are you getting this info from, baba biology? Even if the uterus were damaged, do you realize the uterus is a separate structure from the v*agina?

I'm not trying to tell you anything. You can rest assured poor Mr Ileobatojo needed the patience of a saint after my kids.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by coogar: 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
ileobatojo:
Says who? Lochia has usually stopped by 4-6 weeks.

ask around - that stuff takes about 6-8 weeks!!!

When did I say it is ideal after 6 weeks? It has to be individualized once cleared by your OB and that clearance typically happens around 6 weeks. Everything in her uterus is damaged? Where are you getting this info from, baba biology? Even if the uterus were damaged, do you realize the uterus is a separate structure from the v*agina?

worn and torn......not damaged(literally).....

I'm not trying to tell you anything. You can rest assured poor Mr Ileobatojo needed the patience of a saint after my kids.

i bet he did!
a gentleman would wait for as long as it takes....
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by mjconcept(m): 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

Who is Comfort?
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
mjconcept:
Who is Comfort?

Apparently the orange seller.

coogar:

ask around - that stuff takes about 6-8 weeks!!!

No need to. I already know the facts.

coogar:

Btw, the presence of lochia doesn't prevent a woman from 'taking a man'.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by feminineA: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Different women with different strength. it all depends. I know a woman that resumes sex with her husband at 8 days after delivery. I resumed a moth later infact i was the one that asked for it though he was a bit skeptical about it.
Expect the woman had a CS she can resume as soon as she feels like
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by greatgod2012(f): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

yee, coogar, im a virgin o, pls, dont corrupt my mind....oh no, my eyes.

On a serious note, if nothig serious happens to d woman after delivery, then 3-4 months will do, well, im expecting your bombshell, because me and hubby dey do am after 4 months.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by coogar: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
ileobatojo:
No need to. I already know the facts.

you know yourself - you can't speak for everyone.

Btw, the presence of lochia doesn't prevent a woman from 'taking a man'.

ewwww
sick
sordid
grotesque

only a räpist would do such to a woman still bleeding...

greatgod2012:
yee, coogar, im a virgin o, pls, dont corrupt my mind....oh no, my eyes.

a granny like you is a virgin? cheesy
still trying to figure out who is older between you and the land of canaan.

On a serious note, if nothig serious happens to d woman after delivery, then 3-4 months will do, well, im expecting your bombshell, because me and hubby dey do am after 4 months.

cheiiii!
if the coast is clear and both parties are willing then why not? my missus is fragile so i gave her 12 months without harassing her. cool
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by greatgod2012(f): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
feminine A: Different women with different strength. it all depends. I know a woman that resumes sex with her husband at 8 days after delivery. I resumed a moth later infact i was the one that asked for it though he was a bit skeptical about it.
Expect the woman had a CS she can resume as soon as she feels like

haaaaaaa! 8 days after delivery......hhhhmmmm, i no go talk, but

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by TableLeg(m): 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
smartmom: I had this heated argument with a friend when she came griping of a neigbour who conceived after 3 months after delivery. Our bone of contention is when is the appropriate time? she thinks as early as the new mother is comfortable to resume 'duty' angry I think not! can we educate new mothers here please?
Straight after delivery is fine .... Immediately the baby comes out, the hubby should dive in! undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
//

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2013

Pls give us hint on what you where doing during this one full yr. Na hand job abi blow.jo.b.

We are here to learn and am interested! smiley
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
chaircover: This cooger sef. One doesn't know when he is joking and when he is serious grin

Don't mind him.

. . . anyway, unless there are complications, the woman should be physically ready to recommence sex after 6 weeks . . infact that is one of the questions they will ask you at your 6 week post natal check

Now emotionally ready is another thing entirely and that differs from woman to woman and she shouldn't be rushed.

We recommenced our dancing a just around the 6 week mark.

Thank you o!

I applaud him for patiently waiting a year after his wife's delivery but that doesn't change the fact that she had been physically ready way, waaay before that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Legal Pistol In Nigeria / Women And Heavy Luggage! / 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.