Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? (1084 Views)

I Met My Wife A Virgin – Gov Oshiomhole / Question Of The Day: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? / Question Of The Day: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by myspnigeria: 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
Is it right for a husband to give his wife a specific time she must return home every time she goes out? For instance, a husband tells his wife no matter where goes, she must return home at a certain time or there will be problems. Is it right for a man to do that? And should women tolerate that?

source: LIB
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by pfijacobs(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ibeere to kpa baba ijebu
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2014
pfijacobs: Ibeere to kpa baba ijebu
Ati iya tiisa grin
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by passionate88: 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
And the man is free to go and come whenever he pleases right?.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
Its not a big deal. But all the same, it shouldn't get to that.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by Kaxmytex(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
Yes keh....

E sha beta pas d home arrest wey sum men dey put dere women all in d name of full housewife.....
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by pasqal09: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
passionate88: And the man is free to go and come whenever he pleases right?.
Ofcourse, he's the lord and master
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by passionate88: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
pasqal09:
Ofcourse, he's the lord and master
Which lord and master?. Na slave him get or na wife?. Even if him pay huge bride price, him suppose give her space
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
Curfew?.. Lol remind me if marriage is now slavery.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by GoodFaith: 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
passionate88: Which lord and master?. Na slave him get or na wife?. Even if him pay huge bride price, him suppose give her space

Respect for each other
Can your husband come home at 4pm every weekend?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
I believe there should be a time where every member of a family (not just the woman) is expected back home but this should be subject to the various commitments each member of the family is faced with.

The kids may be expected back, say within 30 mins after school, depending on the 'type' of school and when classes come to an end. The parents may have an extended time from that of the kids, based on the kind of jobs they have and the proximity of their home to the work place.

Irrespective of the alloted time each member of the family is expected back, I believe there should also be room for some flexibility to cater for some exceptions that may occour; but no matter the exception, each member has the responsibility of letting the rest of the family know of any exception to keeping with the time-line.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
myspnigeria: Is it right for a husband to give his wife a specific time she must return home every time she goes out? For instance, a husband tells his wife no matter where goes, she must return home at a certain time or there will be problems. Is it right for a man to do that? And should women tolerate that?

1) your wife is not a kid
2) marriage is a give and take relationship. Not a military regime where the man is forming abacha. Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by jogs: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
the wife is not a kid, shouldnt be treated as such. she should have a sense of timing anyways and apply it. shouldn't get to that extreme

myspnigeria: Is it right for a husband to give his wife a specific time she must return home every time she goes out? For instance, a husband tells his wife no matter where goes, she must return home at a certain time or there will be problems. Is it right for a man to do that? And should women tolerate that?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by jogs: 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
I tell my partner, "do whatever you want, do it in moderation, apply common sense...... I trust your judegement until you give me a reason to question it",

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by MrsChima(f): 4:24am On Jul 11, 2014
No.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by bootstrap(m): 4:43am On Jul 11, 2014
The topic reminds me alot of my childhood. Grew up in som rural community so we didnt hv traffic and all.

We had a rule in the house, which my dad place. (It still holds in my house today, even as a grown man). NO MEMBER OF THE FAMILY DRIVES HOME WITH HEAD LAMPS. In otherwords, we must all be home befor dark. And then a second rule, Pops must be informed of everybody's whereabout. Mumsy didnt like it much, but she always had to obey. She always fixes all her visits, womens meetings, office events to end befor 7pm.
(Ps: popsy is always hone by 4pm by the way.)

So, to the topic, I say yes, I might not call it a curfew or it will not be set in stone, but I will expect to always know the whereabout of my wife and expect her to be back home at a decent hr.

It also depends on a number of factors, where does she work, what town do we live in, etc etc. The rule wld also apply to me. It is more of a safety and responsibility issue rather than distrust.

She and my kids will always knw where their papa is, and nights in which he will be coming home late.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Give His Wife A Curfew? by passionate88: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2014
GoodFaith:

Respect for each other
Can your husband come home at 4pm every weekend?
I'm male

(1) (Reply)

Matured Answers Please! / What Do You Do When You Are Placed On Hold / Story For The Gods ( The Traitor) 1.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.