Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here (118979 Views)

Offshore, Oil And Gas Industry - Disaster. / Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary / Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
nice
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 20, 2014
How does a meteorologist fit in with a NEBOSH?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2014
authe911:
How does a meteorologist fit in with a NEBOSH?
It only take more pages on your CV...nothing more
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by iceberg54: 1:09am On Dec 04, 2014
iCool:
^ Industrial/process automation is a better way in
Rigger training, crane operator and the likes can get you a roustabout job (entry level) and when you are in, you decide on how you want to move within the industry.
Diesel engine/heavy machinery maintenance/repairs training can get you a rig mechanic job.

Mud logging is another "easy" way in because numerous indigenous companies are involved in this area. You can then find your way into other servicing companies.
Cementing companies are constantly recruiting too for operator positions. These roles has very little to do with age.

Na multi-nationals carry the age thing for head (at entry-level stage).

Boss pls elaborate more on the prospects of process automation. I am planning to go for a process automation course in India immediately after i finish my MSc next year. I would really love to know the job prospects and which area i could focus on. Also planning to do Nebosh and maybe Bosiet/huet. Please advice. My first degree is Chemical engr. Currently doing Msc in Process Systems Engineering in Europe. Really want to know the right things to do to secure a job not too long after i graduate. Thanks so much.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by iceberg54: 1:15am On Dec 04, 2014
Oga beryour.....need your advice as well...Thanks so much.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by conyema12(m): 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nice forum. Keep it up guys.

I am a Geoscientist with MSc in Petroleum Geology. However I have been working as a Stimulation Engineer I Well services. This job involves the use of coiled tubing, stimulating pumps and N2 pumps in Well intervention Operations. Now I think I need Pet Engineering background to be more relevant as I have put I over 3yrs in this field.

Based in that I need to run an Online masters programme in Petroleum Engineering especially in Stimulation and Enhanced oil recovery in Europe or North America and am wondering if could get suggestions as to the best schools with flexible curriculum. I really don't want to leave my job for studies. ...

thanks.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2014
iceberg54:
Oga beryour.....need your advice as well...Thanks so much.
On what exactly?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by iceberg54: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
beryour:

On what exactly?

iceberg54:

Boss pls elaborate more on the prospects of process automation. I am planning to go for a process automation course in India immediately after i finish my MSc next year. I would really love to know the job prospects and which area i could focus on. Also planning to do Nebosh and maybe Bosiet/huet. Please advice. My first degree is Chemical engr. Currently doing Msc in Process Systems Engineering in Europe. Really want to know the right things to do to secure a job not too long after i graduate. Thanks so much.

Boss, sorry, the question was initially directed at iCool. I just need your input as well. I have quoted it here. Thanks
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2014
iceberg54:

Boss, sorry, the question was initially directed at iCool. I just need your input as well. I have quoted it here. Thanks
Hallos bro,
Firstly you have a very good first degree and then doing an excellent course for Msc, you could also proceed for your automation course as it gives you more insight into process controls and also adds to your bag which definitely will be an open door for a better job for you. The prospects of process automation/control cannot be over-emphasized as it is largely sourced for in several industries such as O&G, Automobiles, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing and other process industries like beverages and cementing.
From what you have done so far, and still planning...you do not need to waste your time on nebosh now, except if you plan to divert into safety anyway or just want an added certificate. But I advice you put more effort to get the course on process automation/control and also you should ask for some time on internship.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by iceberg54: 2:14am On Dec 15, 2014
beryour:

Hallos bro,
Firstly you have a very good first degree and then doing an excellent course for Msc, you could also proceed for your automation course as it gives you more insight into process controls and also adds to your bag which definitely will be an open door for a better job for you. The prospects of process automation/control cannot be over-emphasized as it is largely sourced for in several industries such as O&G, Automobiles, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing and other process industries like beverages and cementing.
From what you have done so far, and still planning...you do not need to waste your time on nebosh now, except if you plan to divert into safety anyway or just want an added certificate. But I advice you put more effort to get the course on process automation/control and also you should ask for some time on internship.

Boss....thanks so much for your time. Very helpful insight. I will focus on the control/automation course then. God bless you sir.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2014
iceberg54:

Boss....thanks so much for your time. Very helpful insight. I will focus on the control/automation course then. God bless you sir.

pls what exact course do u intend to run & what's the name of the training facility?

There are numerous facility knowing which one is best is kinda of difficult
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by iceberg54: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
solomonslones:

pls what exact course do u intend to run & what's the name of the training facility?

There are numerous facility knowing which one is best is kinda of difficult

Yeah....boss...you are right.

But currently am looking at Tecnocrat in Chennai.
Might go for Advanced Diploma in Process Automation.

Cheers.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Novelle: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Novelle Center is a professional health and safety training center registered and accredited by the NEBOSH and the British International Safety Organisation to offer Internationally recognised training course in Health and Safety to individuals and corporate organisations.

We are offering a 20% discount on our HSE level 1,2 and 3 courses in January and February 2015 in the following states: Rivers State, Lagos state, Osun state, Bayelsa state, Imo State, Delta State, Cross Rivers State, Akwa Ibom state, Enugu state.

Training Dates: Training course is scheduled to run on the 10th of January; 17th of January; 24th of January and 31st of January. (i.e. Training course will run for 4 Saturday) by 9am daily.

Venue: Call us on 08063450509 to get the address of the training in your respective state.

Course fee: Fee and exam cost 180pounds (i.e.NGN47,000). However, candidates who register and run the courses in January and February will receive 20% discount and hence be required to pay N35,000 (covering your training and international exam)

Exam date: HSE level 3 projects will run for 1 week (i.e 7days) after completion of training and exam will hold on the 7th of February 2015.

After the international exams, the certificates will be sent down from UK to Nigeria in 28 working days.

To register simply visit www.novellecenter.com/
www.novellecenter.com/course/nebosh-course/
www.novellecenter.com/about-us/
www.novellecenter.com/training-calendar/
www.novellecenter.com/course/hsetraining/

and download our registration form with instructions to guide you.

Your professional career success starts with Novelle Center.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by yankidelta(m): 10:55am On Dec 30, 2014
Hello Team,

I am currently in the Financial Service Sector but working towards working in the Oil and Gas with
emphasis on Off-Shore Services.

I have a BOSIET and currently undergoing some Safety Certification and have been applying as a
ROUSTABOUT in various companies but none has yielded fruit yet.

Kindly holla me on 08023416169 or mail yankidelta@yahoo.com if you have any leads/opportunities.

Expecting the calls.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by SAFEGUARD: 5:54am On Dec 31, 2014

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by goodieuzo: 11:16am On Jan 01, 2015
beryour:

Going to Qatar might be helpful for you....but you should rule out Angola as their labour law is so much sensible and only helpful to their citizens (I hope you understand that) Then you also need to be sure of the exact job you want to get, as you said you just did CCNA I would presume you will want to go into I.T and that is a department that do not recruit often. Maybe you should do more research and do NOT quit your business yet.
i have stopped the job because am over 35yrs now.i need skills/job to carry me till old age.since am not looking for entry level position because of age,can you tell me the certification i need as an electrical engineering graduate to get me work in O&G or any multinational.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 10, 2015
beryour:

On what exactly?

pls for someone who is E&I seeking to diversify as a project engineer or Qa/Qc position.

how relevant is the following to him

API 510, 570, 653 certifications
ASNT NDT certifications
Qms:lead auditor
Nace certification

CC: iCool
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Titemi22(m): 7:13am On Jan 10, 2015
Are you and Engineer?
Do you want to Jump Start your career in the aspect of CAD Design?
Do you know about 3D Plant Design for Oil and Gas Facilities using PDMS?
Then this is good news for you!

From the stables of the first developers of PDMS Videos in Africa, with a total view of over 2000 comes the First Ever Distant Learning Program for AVEVA pdms. ....although we have provided this service to our clients in South Africa, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, India etc....we are bringing the service back home to the citizens of Nigeria

For information on how you can get this service at your doorstep visit our blog at:

www.maridahconsults./empowerment-and-training/distant-learning/

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by iCool(m): 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
solomonslones:

pls for someone who is E&I seeking to diversify as a project engineer or Qa/Qc position.

ASNT NDT certifications
Nace certification

I Have a little knowledge about Non-destructive test n qa.qc.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by crudedude(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
solomonslones:

ASNT NDT certifications
Nace certification

cc: imag5
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
crudedude:

present sir,
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
Well NDT is a very vast area when it comes to quality control and assurance QaQc, first you can work anywhere that's has to deal with asset management and integrity like inspection of oil and gas pipelines vessel inspection, tank, oil tools inspection, Christmas tree, wellhead even in aviation, manufacturing and power plant etc as per certificate it gives you an edge to have a feel of the industry so it very OK for you to have the training, api 510 and others very expensive to get the training but once you pass the exam your employability increases you can earn up to 500usd per day very difficult exam, as for ASNT NDT it cheaper this days to get the training and certification any am an assistant trainer with an oil and gas coy ie by the way side,also we have cwi after your NDT you chose cwi or you compliment with other courses like irata or rope access, Nace is cool but the market is scarce in Nigeria,so asset integrity is a very good area.... Like this year will be writing my Api 510 exam I hope I made it one sitting,

God bless all any questions you can always ask me...

Imag5

Irise

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 12, 2015
imag5:
Well NDT is a very vast area when it comes to quality control and assurance QaQc, first you can work anywhere that's has to deal with asset management and integrity like inspection of oil and gas pipelines vessel inspection, tank, oil tools inspection, Christmas tree, wellhead even in aviation, manufacturing and power plant etc as per certificate it gives you an edge to have a feel of the industry so it very OK for you to have the training, api 510 and others very expensive to get the training but once you pass the exam your employability increases you can earn up to 500usd per day very difficult exam, as for ASNT NDT it cheaper this days to get the training and certification any am an assistant trainer with an oil and gas coy ie by the way side,also we have cwi after your NDT you chose cwi or you compliment with other courses like irata or rope access, Nace is cool but the market is scarce in Nigeria,so asset integrity is a very good area.... Like this year will be writing my Api 510 exam I hope I made it one sitting,

God bless all any questions you can always ask me...

Imag5

Irise

Thanks man, I'm grateful

How much does the ASNT level 2 course cost & that of the API & CWI? Where do you recommend I run them(one coy like that charged 280 per module for the level 3, they haven't gotten back to me on the level 2)

When u say nace market is scarce, is that the skill is not highly sought after or what?

Getting these certification won't that take me too far from E & P, almost making me a mechanical man?

Thanks
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 12, 2015
crudedude:

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 12, 2015
solomonslones:

Thanks man, I'm grateful

How much does the ASNT level 2 course cost & that of the API & CWI? Where do you recommend I run them(one coy like that charged 280 per module for the level 3, they haven't gotten back to me on the level 2)

When u say nace market is scarce, is that the skill is not highly sought after or what?

Getting these certification won't that take me too far from E & P, almost making me a mechanical man?

Thanks
ASNT LEVEL 2 in the five method we cost you 270k we have a class this jan 20th and also feb 26th,like i said earlier my coy trains guys in ph,as for the cwi try ITL they have affiliation with TWI uk also in PH,as for API my boss can train you for 7days or more then you only register for the exam i think the exam is 900usd can check their website,no company in nigeria certified you in api they only train for about 300k,then you write the exam by going to API website to register
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by tboibamz: 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
Does anyone know about the Exxonmobil apprenticeship program?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Titemi22(m): 8:22am On Jan 13, 2015
So you may know!

I have developed videos on various aspects of pdms, and I will give you the list of some of the tutorials I have amongst some other complex tutorials in my archive;

1. Creating an Mto using pdms
2. Creating an MTO by modifying a template
3. Converting designs made on PDMS to Picture format e.g Jpeg.
4. Tutorials on drafting using pdms
5. Tutorials on Pipe isometrics using pdms and converting them to AutoCAD
And the list goes on and on!....Trust me you can get what I have else where because I have the complete training in Pdms, and guess what!..they were created by me

You can contact me by visiting www.maridahconsults./contact-us/
Mobile Number; +2348087834695, +2347033157433
Mail; maridahconsults1@gmail.com
Twitter; @maridahconsults
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 13, 2015
The weather offshore is terrible. Guys stranded for like 1 week+.. some have been here since November.. shocked shocked shocked shocked

I wanna go home o!! Missing my family jaare!!!
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by sammily(m): 10:16am On Jan 13, 2015
XXXXXXXXXXX:
The weather offshore is terrible. Guys stranded for like 1 week+.. some have been here since November.. shocked shocked shocked shocked

I wanna go home o!! Missing my family jaare!!!

Same here in Escravos ooo!!!. Had to result to boat for movements
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by graciousamy: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hi
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by SAFEGUARD: 5:07am On Feb 04, 2015
HSE is a Way of life

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by phemolisti(m): 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hello everyone! Pls i need a place to do my one year IT. I'm an ND graduate of Mineral and Petroleum Resources Engineering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.