Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) (64121 Views)

The Real Heroes Of 2015...To Those Who Have Fallen & Those Who Still Burn(pics) / Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by chade(f): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Hmmmm, dis wan wey u use me n my bestfrend name so,u go pay o......but my own jude no b coward o.....

#following lyk my gp depends on it#
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by johnwizey: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2014
ESIXLOVE: welcome. Abeg make una no vex. PHCN PLC, just hold all the power kpata kpata to themselves.
No mind dem jare
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
chade: Hmmmm, dis wan wey u use me n my bestfrend name so,u go pay o......but my own jude no b coward o.....

#following lyk my gp depends on it#
God bless the queen. Dis one no qualify to be coward. Na goatward wey im be.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
johnwizey: No mind dem jare
i don overcome them.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

" yekparikpa!!! We don enter wahala " Jude lamented.

" point of correction, na only you enter wahala, i just dey help you " Chuks corrected.

" so you want to back out now? "

" i was never into anything, i was just trying to help you, so don't use your chances, after all your foolishness landed you in this predicament in the first place. " Chuks replied as they were heading to their hostel.

" hey!!, Stop there!! , where are the two of you coming from? " the man o war leader stopped them.
Instantly the two of them raised their hands in the air like two thieves caught in the act.

" Oga weeeee d...ey come fr...om near field " Jude stuttered.

" what do you mean by near field? " The leader asked a bit puzzled.
Both of them kept mute. Each thinking how best to come out of the present situation.

" una no go talk abi?, oga e be like say na some of those cult boys wey we dey find, na them be this. " another fellow said.

" chei!! God. Na like this my own take finish? " Jude lamented inwardly.

" no sir. We are not cultist, actually we were coming from the class where we went to study ". Chuks replied confidently.

" so una think say we be mugu. Where the book wey una use study? " another person asked.

Chuks scratched his head noisily, it was his usual pattern of tasking his brain to produce results. But this time nothing was coming forth. As for Jude, he had already melted like icing on a cake.
Due to the activities of cultist at night, the Man o war was employed as a form of security to put them to check.

Jude opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out, instead tears was falling from his eyes.

" where una dey go now?, as una no know where una dey come from " the asked calmly.

" we are going to our hostel " Chuks replied.

" which hostel be that? "

" Ameachi hostel sir. " Chuks replied,

" na wetin be una names? " the leader asked.

" my name is Fred Uche " Chuks lied

" you nko? " the leader asked pointing at Jude.

" my name is Johnbull Okafor " Jude lied too.
The leader brought out a book and pen and documented their information.

" what we will do is that we will follow the two of you to your hostel, and hand the two of you to the security in your hostel for proper identification. If we find out that the two of you are lying, then we will hand both of you to the school authority. " the leader concluded.

" yekparikpa!!! " Jude did not know when the word escaped out of his mouth in shock.

" what is the meaning of that? " the leader asked Jude while taking a look at his wristwatch, the time was 11:45pm, he documented the time in the book also.

" nothing sir " Jude replied innocently.

" Oya lets go " the leader commanded them.
Putting their faces downward, both of them led the Man o war towards the male hostel.

** to be cont **

1 Like 1 Share

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by lanicky(f): 6:44am On Jul 17, 2014
Hiiiii Esixlove smiley
Ooops! I came late right cry

*takes a back seat* following.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:32am On Jul 17, 2014
lanicky: Hiiiii Esixlove smiley
Ooops! I came late right cry

*takes a back seat* following.
welcome. But you know sey i dey vex for you.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

Moving like two drunken guys tossed in the wave, Jude and Chuks dragged their feet along the path leading to their hostel.

The power holding company decided to make their case worse by releasing the power that they were holding.
The whole surrounding was brighten up by the sudden release of power.

" Fred come and see oh!!! " Johnbull bacon on his friend Fred to come to the window.
Fred and Johnbull were friends with Jude and Chuks.
Fred was a 200level student studying accounting while Johnbull was pursuing business admin in the same level infact all of them were in the same level.

" guy, why you dey disturb my sleep? " Fred asked rubbing his eyes.

" e be like say Man o war don tow Jude and Chuks and dem dey waka come our hostel!! " Johnbull replied.

" Oboy ye!! Yawa don gas, i no know wetin dem do, and i no wan know. Me i don dey take cover " Fred said after he had taken a peep from the window.
Their room was located in the second floor and it was facing the entrance. So they had a better glimps of what is taking place outside anytime any day.

" guy na true talk be that o, i no know wether dem don go loot. " Johnbull replied and began searching for a better place to hide.

The mistake that the leader of the man o war did was to allow Jude and Chuks to walk in front of them and also giving them some gap.

" chei!!! , this boys don escape!! " the member of the man o war that seems to be the most hot headed cried out when the boys escaped.
The funny thing was that they escaped in different directions.

The members of Man o war scattered in different directions giving the Jude and Chuks a hot chase.

Chuks took a turn at the back of law faculty and disappeared into the night. The security light in the faculty wasn't on, That gave him an edge.
Jude on the other hand had the Man o war members on his heel. He was a very fast runner and soon gave them wide gap. Before long he too disappeared. Into the dark.

" na wa o, this boys get speed ö, " one of the members commented as soon as Jude disappeared into the dark. They stopped chasing the boy and stood in a semi circle breathing heavily.

" leave them make them go, we get their names and their hostel, tomorrow we go find them out. " the leader said and order them to be going back to their post.
The other group that were chasing Chuks soon came to join them.

" Chuks!!, wait for me!! " Jude called out to Chuks as He was about to climb the fence into their hostel.

" mumu, why you dey shout?, you want make the security come dey alert? " Chuks replied in a low tone. They had given the Man o war leader a fake hostel name.
The two of them silently climb over the fence and sneaked to their hostel.

Suddenly Jude hit his foot against a bottle that was left in the passage. The bottle made a piercing cry which alerted the security.

The beams of light from three touch light shown in their direction. They quickly dived to the ground and creep on their belly quietly to one corner of the hostel.

After a while, when the security would not find the cause of the cry from the bottle, they dimmed their light.

Finally Chuks and Jude made it to their room safely.
The clock on the wall showed 1am when they finally hit the hay. It was indeed a trying day for them. But we don't know what morning will bring for them.

** to be cont **

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
na wa ö, this thread come dry ö, no comments, no correction. No report, nothing nothing.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by bquin2all(f): 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
ESIXLOVE: na wa ö, this thread come dry ö, no comments, no correction. No report, nothing nothing.
No vex.
Na network cause am.
Buh no worry.me dey follow yhu bumper 2 bumper.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by purpinkx(m): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lol ! Them steal person name wey dey inside dey sleep je je , ride on abi ,write on
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:43am On Jul 18, 2014
bquin2all:
No vex.
Na network cause am.
Buh no worry.me dey follow yhu bumper 2 bumper.
goodmorning ma. Thanks for following.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2014
purpinkx: Lol ! Them steal person name wey dey inside dey sleep je je , ride on abi ,write on
hahaha, just keep ur finger cross, lets watch the drama unfold.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
Wow ride on boss great piece you've got here
Abeg wen b d nxt update
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by dammygoody(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nice one boss... hilarious as usual ; D
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
kingphilip: Wow ride on boss great piece you've got here
Abeg wen b d nxt update
if my battery go serve.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
dammygoody: Nice one boss... hilarious as usual ; D
Thank you sir. Keep your finger cross.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2014
ESIXLOVE: if my battery go serve.
The battery never still charge?
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by rapmike(m): 10:42am On Jul 19, 2014
Esix, am watching.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 10:47am On Jul 19, 2014
e be like say Ghost readers plenty for this thread
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Psalmwise(m): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
chai i dn miss oo....brothers and sisters in d ouse ow una dey,......abeg wey dat palmy i put under chair.......who drink am....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
kingphilip:
The battery never still charge?
na now i charge my phone. Make i begin type.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
rapmike: Esix, am watching.
abeg no vex. My area quarrel with PHCN no dem no gree give us light.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
shadyemmanuel: e be like say Ghost readers plenty for this thread
you no tell them. There's God ö, grin
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
Psalmwise: chai i dn miss oo....brothers and sisters in d ouse ow una dey,......abeg wey dat palmy i put under chair.......who drink am....
palmy don disappear for this house. No way!!!
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
EPISODE 2

The sun was already up before the two friends woke up from their slumber.

" aaaahh!!! " Jude gave a wide yawning and pressed his head against the pillow and went back to sleep.

" chei!!, thank God sey today na saturday, we no go get lectures today. Walai!!, today for don red if to sey lectures dey. " Chuks said to no one in particular and stood up from the mattrass.
He gave a loud yawn and twist his body in different directions. After turning his neck three times he went straight to the kitchen to check if the was any left over meal in the kitchen.

Luckily for there was left over bread that Jude bought and had just taken four slice from it when sade's call came in to alert him of their meeting the previous day.

" God bless the queen!! " He shouted before covering his mouth with his hands.

" check out!!, i for don use my hand take cause trouble for myself. If this guy come wake now, na im be sey the bread don fly me be dat o!! " He muttered to himself before settling down to consume the bread.

" Jesus na you be oga!! " Chuks hummed in low tune as He was eating the bread.

" knock! knock!! Knock!!! " He heard a knock on the door.
The two of them almost hit their heads together trying to hide.
As soon as Jude heard a knock on the door, from his dream world he jumped Up and ran straight to the kitchen where Chuks was. While chuks was about to run into the room to hide behind the cupboard.
Both of them collided at the kitchen door.

Jude hid behind the kitchen door while Chuks proceeded to hide behind the Cupboard as was his thought.

The knock continued for three more times before the person that was knocking spoke out.

" you people should come and open this door before i tear it down " the caller said angryly.

" Joy!!, is that you? " Chuks called out from his hiding place.

" Chuks where are you? Come and open this door " Joy called from outside.

" Jude come out, na Joy dey knock " Chuks spoke from his hiding place.

" you no fit go open the door " Jude replied from his hiding place behind the door in the kitchen.

" na your sister dey knock o. " Chuks echoed

" and so!!, no be me and you dey for this room " Jude replied, coming out of his hiding place, he tiptoed to the window and peeped through the curtain.

" guy na she true true " he said before opening the door to let his sister in. Meanwhile as soon as Chuks got the confirmation, he jumped out of his hiding place to avoid questions.

Joy had barely settled down on jude's mattrass when they heard another knock on the door.

The rate at which the two guys disappeared was unbelievable.
Even Joy looked for a place to hide.

** to be cont **

6 Likes

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by rapmike(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2014
See wetin fear dey cause.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by dammygoody(m): 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
hahaha!!!! fear is bad too
Happy Sunday to all.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
rapmike: See wetin fear dey cause.
fear no good nah.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
dammygoody: hahaha!!!! fear is bad too
Happy Sunday to all.
mehn na true talk. Anyway as i dey come back from church i tire die, i no know wether to type or to leave am. Because by 5pm i wan go house fellowship.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by dammygoody(m): 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
After house fellowship ...we are waiting...
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
dammygoody: After house fellowship ...we are waiting...
update don ready.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.