Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others (11468 Views)

Jonathan's Uncle, Nitabai Regains His Freedom / DSS Parades Fake Boko Haram Associates Of Stephen Davis [photo] / Suspected Kidnappers Of Nkiru Sylvanus Paraded, Ransom Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by dont8(m): 12:24am On Jul 11, 2014

The suspects

The Department of State Services has apprehended six kidnappers of Chief Nitabai Inengite, an uncle to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Inengite was abducted at Otuoke community in the Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State in February, 2014.

The kidnappers, who were paraded at the DSS headquarters in Abuja on Thursday include a 400-level undergraduate of the University of Jos, Plateau State, Eldred Jonah,30; Raphael Inengesi, 32; Ibeabuchi Inya,29; Oreva Abridi 29; Tammy Agbai,29; and a native doctor, Felix Onuoh,48.

The Service also paraded another set of kidnappers that were involved in the abduction of two sisters, Ejura and Unekwu Opaluwa at Karmo, Abuja on June 8, 2014.

The suspects are Oyemire Asagba, 29, aka Paul/Sky; Sunday Attah,30, aka Shyne; the armourer, Zacheus Salami,30, aka ‘D’; Victor Bassey,32; the driver, Sani Mohammed,23;, and Aragba Ademo,33, aka IT/Topson.

Others are Ojo Gambo,22; Haruna Asama,38; Dikko Iko, 22; and Mohammed Adamu,20, aka Mikifi/Abu.

The DSS Deputy Director, Public Relations, Marilyn Ogar, explained that Jonah masterminded the abduction of the President’s uncle and provided the take-off grant of N40,000 for arms procurement and other logistics.

According to her, the suspect confessed that he carried out surveillance on Inengite and that the gang had two teams for the operation, comprising the land team made up of five persons, and the waterside (speedboat) team, made up of three persons.

Ogar stated that four pump action rifles were used for the operation, adding that Inengite was whisked away in an ash-coloured Honda SUV to Onuegbu waterside from where he was transferred into a waiting speedboat and taken to the creeks.

She said, “The victim was held captive at two different locations within Bayelsa State in the creek of Brass, very close to the ‘mouth’ of the Atlantic Ocean and Okigbene creeks.

“Following a security operation by this service, he was released after 17 days in captivity without payment of ransom. Investigation into the incident eventually led to the arrest of the six suspects in Bayelsa, Delta and Edo States.”

Ogar stated that Agbai, an unemployed graduate of Accounting from the University of Port Harcourt, was the owner of the car that was used for the abduction, adding that the suspect denied involvement in the kidnap operation, claiming that one of his friends, Jonah, requested the use of the car for a burial ceremony, which he obliged him.

In an interview with newsmen, Jonah, who admitted to providing the money and undertaking surveillance for the abduction, claimed that the motivation for the operation was not ransom.

Onuoha, the native doctor, explained that he provided charms and herbal fortification for the kidnap gang because he was afraid they may harm him and his family if he did not cooperate with them.

He said, “Abridi came with three men and said they want juju for business success which I did for them. They later said that was not what they wanted, that they wanted to kidnap someone and wanted charm for protection.

“The moment they said that, their faces changed and I was afraid that if I don’t cooperate with them, they may harm me and my family because I was with my family at the time, so I agreed to help them and I asked them to pay me 10 per cent of the ransom.”

Ogar also explained that the leader of the kidnappers of two girls in Abuja, Asagba confessed to the crime, adding that the operation was carried out by him and four other gang members.

She said, “Paul had been arrested previously at a military checkpoint at Uke, Keffi LGA, Nasarawa State, while in possession of two Ak-47 rifles, magazines and 87 rounds of live ammunition.

“He was arraigned in court, convicted and sentenced to one and a half years in prison which he served at Keffi Prison in March 2013.

“Upon his release, he returned to his criminal activities and confessed that he kidnapped the two sisters at Life Camp, Abuja and that they collected N10m before releasing the victims, but they lied to the co-opted members that they received only N6m.”

The DSS stated that the gang co-opted Iko, the security guard at the victims’ residence who provided information on the movement of the Opaluwa family.

The service said that Iko had confided in a kinsman, Ezekiel, that his employer, the father of the kidnapped girls, kept money at home and it was Ezekiel who promised to introduce him to friends that could steal the money.

http://www.punchng.com/news/dss-parades-suspected-kidnappers-of-jonathans-uncle-others/
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by dont8(m): 12:40am On Jul 11, 2014
When you kidnap the brother of a sitting President, in yoruba it is called 'Eleyi Gidigan' (this one is raw).

Seriuosly, this guys are dumb than a sheep. Technically, they're gone.

17 Likes

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by OmoNwa: 6:21am On Jul 11, 2014
dont8: When you kidnap the brother of a sitting President, in yoruba it is called 'Eleyi Gidigan' (this one is raw).

Seriuosly, this guys are dumb than a sheep. Technically, they're gone.

Very very dumb action! Na dem go pay for others sin, dem go hear am 4 cell/jail

3 Likes

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Akshow: 6:22am On Jul 11, 2014
Choi! This criminals don suffer. Imagine the audacity. Presido uncle #shocked#

2 Likes

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Smartsyn(m): 6:27am On Jul 11, 2014
ofcourse, they signed their fate in this world the day they kidnapped a sitting president's relative.

this is what I call clueless

4 Likes

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Mtoluwase(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2014
Yawa don gas.

1 Like

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by uche77zero(m): 6:29am On Jul 11, 2014
i have just two questions
1. How do such dumb guys get away with crime in my country?
2. What do they do with the money, cause these guys don't look like who have seen five thousand Naira.

8 Likes

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by James27: 6:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Great one.
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by K0ala7(m): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2014
Let me play devil's advocate here since we can already see that our security can work if the 'right' people are concerned.

Now, this report tells me that you can kidnap a relative of the sitting president, or any political leader in Nigeria, really, and get away with it for the better half a year...

So what hope is there for a person who travels through Aba and is kidnapped for 100k to 500k..?

PS: I am a Yoruba boy, Port-Harcourt bred. So I have a pretty good idea of that side of the country from my 14-year stay.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by mainheart(m): 6:40am On Jul 11, 2014
the intention for the kidnapped wasn't for ransom then is for what

1 Like

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by LMAyedun(m): 6:43am On Jul 11, 2014
Bunch of Dull-heads.
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by ERCROSS(m): 6:45am On Jul 11, 2014
dis guys don pass their boundaries ooo..
won ti gun igi rekoja ewe..
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by echobee(f): 6:48am On Jul 11, 2014
Zombies . Dem mumu no be mall grin
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 11, 2014
see their faces
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by NaLaugh: 6:50am On Jul 11, 2014
I bet at some point in the process, these words were uttered:

"Oboy we don hammer"

"Aso Rock money tinz"

"Presidential cake cutting"

"#bringbackouruncle paycheck"

7 Likes

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by chelseabmw(m): 6:50am On Jul 11, 2014
See as their faces long cheesy

Weldone
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Iamoilprince(m): 6:51am On Jul 11, 2014
That's d kinda case SSS will investigate, but if its dat of a poor man dey will forget it!

1 Like

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Kachiseeday(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2014
mainheart: the intention for the kidnapped wasn't for ransom then is for what

Fame

1 Like

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Blockus: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2014
All of nothing.

They kidnapped the Presidents uncle and released him without ransome showing that they clearly didn't plan their operation all the way through. Now they are surely going to die and it's all for nothing.

1 Like

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by philip0906(m): 6:54am On Jul 11, 2014
They immediately swing into action arresting the kidnappers cos it has to do with the president -it's even DSS not the police. But ordinary citizens are at the mercy of these urchins every day. Same thing will happen if boko haram targets the presidency and government officials, boko haram members will be fished out one by one.

Nigeria fooling ourselves, since 1960 undecided

12 Likes

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by GenWOJUOLA(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2014
Definition of DUMBNESS!!! They could ave just jumpd into the ocean and sent me dat 40k dey used for startup, since all dey wanted to do was to commit 'suicide'

1 Like

Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 11, 2014
He who the gods wants to kill first make mad..
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by maoyinlola: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2014
so sad a generation. Except for two , all of the kidnappers were born in the 80s and above and the future of Nigeria will eventually land on this generation. What fate hath thou Nigeria? I believe there are quite a number of examples from this same generation that can sprout hope up.
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by pontirock(m): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2014
Dey go see sun dey cal am moon
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2014
epe ni, i dont pity them. U reap what u sow.
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by kabba7(m): 7:12am On Jul 11, 2014

All they wanted was a small action of that 20 billion dollars the president and hiis friends kidnapped from the accounts of NNPC they are not as dumb as some posts here try to suggest . They too need transformatio !
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by priscaoge(f): 7:12am On Jul 11, 2014
Some people shaaaaundecided

I pity d parents of that final year student. Seriously these guys are as dumb as an ape!
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Judolisco(m): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2014
Yeah kidnap d rich leave d poor
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Wisdytech(m): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2014
Weldone! Wise men
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by dridowu: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2014
Kudos to SSS but my grudge against them is that if it was ordinary citizen that was kidnapped, i doubt if they would have rescue the citizen talkless of arresting the kidnappers.
Re: DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others by Gptech(m): 7:22am On Jul 11, 2014
Hmm, nice 1. But, they also need to apprehend those kidnapping the hapiness of Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD / Kogi Tribunal Dismisses Faleke’s Petition Against Yahaya Bello’s Election / How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.