Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty (33623 Views)

Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. / Playwright And Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka diagnosed With Cancer / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
What is the big deal? Wole Soyinka came back to OAU, Ile-Ife at different points in time after he got the Nobel Laureate Prize in Literature in 1986.

4 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by anonimi: 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
holyfather:

i pitty ur generation.
since u cant see a good thing and appreciate it.
all u do is hate.
i pitty you.

Please show me the hate in my post otherwise hang a big sign of LIAR around your neck shocked
You should pity YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by anonimi: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: What is the big deal? Wole Soyinka came back to OAU, Ile-Ife at different points in time after he got the Nobel Laureate Prize in Literature in 1986.

Nor mind our INFERIORITY COMPLEX compatriots - since Kongi nor be oyinbo im own nor count shocked

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by lavita2(f): 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
lawrenzez: if u have nothing to say pls keep shut ai! cool

he he..the truth is pricking you in the bumbum.. grin
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by redcliff: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: u need prayers too.
The truth is, covenant city jst wan get more popularity which equals to more money....

Wetin concern us with visiting prof? can't they jes av a seminar instead of jes one semester appearance like ghost?

Did u knw how many times profs from abroad has visited other Nigerian universities and people no shout?

At least I knw of UI where that is even rampart. Even indian profs teach in UI in the medicine dept...

Did u knw how many times achebe or shoyinka has been visiting profs at Harvard and some other foreign universities?
Abegiiiii

Wow. So much ignorance from one man. Damn!

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by jericco1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
And so effing what??..
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
inteli: Visiting Professor?!! No be to come make awof cash from covenant, doing nothing? Anyway sha, na the name and title way covenant want. lipsrsealed

It doesn't take anything to be a visiting professor
The man can get a visiting professorship in every university he chooses

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by myspnigeria: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
one of d best universities in Nigeria currently

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: What is the big deal? Wole Soyinka came back to OAU, Ile-Ife at different points in time after he got the Nobel Laureate Prize in Literature in 1986.

And is a visiting / adjunct professor in a few unis here in the USA
You don't see them taking out full page ads to say so
So Was Achebe
I am talking Ivy League and first tier schools
Because na oyibo,person no go hear sumtin

2 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Reference(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
Very good one. Shows how much progress they have made and hope this is a seed that will attract more top talents into other disciplines in the future. I also hope before he leaves he can take a look into the position of our overall university system and perhaps profer a solution to the funding problem being a guru in economics, Perhaps telling us some home truths some of our local egg-heads are avoiding.

Gôod one from a solid visionaire. I expect nothing less.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by adioolayi(m): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
That's what we are saying ....some mufungos here will now be crying foul when their students gradute with 5.00. Why won't they, when they were not thought by sadists that were hardened by failed government undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by pegmatite(f): 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
I think sey na Soyinka sef...

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
kibo:

Who is shouting... ?

Did they come up on national TV to inform you ?
Did they send you text message?
Did they post it on nairaland ?
Did they call a press conference for it?

It was probably an internal announcement passed out. You are only bothered becos of the level of hate and prejudice you have against them. Other schools annouce information and people forge on, how come this one has suddenly become something to disturb yourself with?

It is this very same attitude that is destroying the society.
Cure yourself from this psychological illness and see the world from a more optimistic view.

dey just pasted it on nairaland now...and u are commenting and causing harvoc in dis land!!!!
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
Its obvious that convenant uni guys here are backing this decision up.... But d question is (1)won't dis develop sky-rocket d school fees?.....(2) can d school sustain dis nobel laurete white guy in terms of finance?..... (3) will just hiring a nobel laurete put the sch in top 10 in d world? But if u ask me? Na who I go ask oooo

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist: If them like make them resurrect Albert Einstein make e teach for them, the tin be say them still be glorified secondary school.

You wicked o!
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Chubhie: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
danot1030: u are a loser
The way you are going about shouting loser over another's opinion could point to some certain preconceived notions in error about the subject matter of losing. I have been a loser- most of my first shots on business,romance etc ended in failure.
Have been able to leverage on experiences gained and now understand and appreciate success. Most times now I deliberately fail so that the success will be sweeter! Success without failure is meaningless.

There was a place in the bible when david was been chased by saul. David went out of the city and found himself with losers and city rejects. By the period david was done with them, they became honourable men who presided over kingdoms. Will teach my kids tis all good to lose. CU will do everything crook or pure to smuggle itself as the Best.

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
VICTORCIZA: no oo
we don't need that mad old professor abeg >:
a mad old professor like seriously? let me reserve my comment.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by zurine(f): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Beehshorp: Will he make dem reduce their skool fees?
wise up young man
their school fees is not even a tenth of what ABTI, BABCOCK, ETC AND OTHER PRIVATE UNIVERSITY charges. this School is making giant stride. Prof. Wole Soyinka is a politician. I would have been very disappointed if CU had even thought of inviting him. CU is always making giant stides. Kudos to them. How many other Nigerian Universities have had the priviledge of inviting foreign intelectual dignitaries like CU? All they clamour for is increase in welfare package and embarking on endless strike without any significant impart on the students. I mean Nobel Laureates and other great intellectuals like Ben Carson, etc. Let's grow up in this country of hate and prejudices and lets celebrate those that are making positive differences. Kudos to CU.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by kibo: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
patrickdarlins: dey just pasted it on nairaland now...and u are commenting and causing harvoc in dis land!!!!

Dont be ignorant. Did the school paste it officially or someone did on NL.

As for the bolded phrase ?? I couldnt relate to it, as it didnt make sense to me. Totally out of point. Are you sure you even know what you saying??
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by minkawe: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
Welcome on board Prof. It's something great happening in our land, learning under great minds widens your horizon.

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by kibo: 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
Babymama1:
And is a visiting / adjunct professor in a few unis here in the USA
You don't see them taking out full page ads to say so
So Was Achebe
I am talking Ivy League and first tier schools
Because na oyibo,person no go hear sumtin

Where is the full page ad on it?? Or is this another attempt at a misguided hearsay accusation?
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
kibo:

Dont be ignorant. Did the school paste it officially or someone did on NL.

As for the bolded phrase ?? I couldnt relate to it, as it didnt make sense to me. Totally out of point. Are you sure you even know what you saying??
ok...its a trap...
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by mekzone: 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
Good for the University's profile...studied for my masters at NYU and had a nobel laureate on the faculty take me on one course and it was really a big deal for we students.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Okestra01(m): 8:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
alentyno: Why is Covenant uni so desperate to get noticed.... Na by force?
you be fool.jealousy dey worry
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by picoba(m): 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
inteli: Visiting Professor?!! No be to come make awof cash from covenant, doing nothing? Anyway sha, na the name and title way covenant want. lipsrsealed

[size=18pt] You need to work on yourself seriously. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
alentyno:
Now shut up and listen to me u cretinous imbecilic manky muppet! Wait u said inferiority complex? U sound lyk u've been residing in sambisa forest or chibok otherwise u wud have known by now that universities don't make u; U MAKE UR SELF(eg the owner of this forum) and assuming they do, it will covenant of all universities Ahahahahahahahhah u r a dumb berk!!!..HOW CAN A UNIPORT STUDENT FEEL INFERIOR TO A COVENANT STUD? oh what a slowpoke u r And lest I 4get for having the gall to insult my sweet parents It just shows how much of a tyke u r......learn for once! Don't insult people's parents! Don't! I never insulted urs and I won't!
Son, I don't really blame you, the internet has made the world a different place where nimcopoop like you can hide behind a tecno phone to abuse your father's mate like me. By the time I graduated from school you must still be running around with diapers if you were even born! If you know who I am, I bet you would be begging I pay your school fees, but the impression of your likes is that everybody on Nairaland is that we are jobless or jambites like you. So CU employing a Nobel winner is a wrong thing? I don't blame you, it is the poverty mentality ravaging you and your generations which will never allow you to afford the school fees! Son, all you need to do is to ask, I can afford to send 10 of you to CU on scholarship
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by alentyno: 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Okestra01: you be fool.jealousy dey worry
A uniport student like me can't be jealous of a second skul called CU
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by alentyno: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
Okestra01: you be fool.jealousy dey worry
A uniport student like me can't be jealous of a secondary skul called CU
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by alentyno: 9:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
JayJohnson:
Son, I don't really blame you, the internet has made the world a different place where nimcopoop like you can hide behind a tecno phone to abuse your father's mate like me. By the time I graduated from school you must still be running around with diapers if you were even born! If you know who I am, I bet you would be begging I pay your school fees, but the impression of your likes is that everybody on Nairaland is that we are jobless or jambites like you. So CU employing a Nobel winner is a wrong thing? I don't blame you, it is the poverty mentality ravaging you and your generations which will never allow you to afford the school fees! Son, all you need to do is to ask, I can afford to send 10 of you to CU on scholarship
U r my father's mate? And u run around abusing people's parents despite ur age? Pls pls pls stop disgracing urself in public!
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by DIVINE78: 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
alentyno:
A uniport student like me can't be jealous of a second skul called CU
Isn't unipetrol, sorry uniport the school dumbo Joe bagged his doctorate?
Your school is an embodiment of what school should not be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time / Lagos To Decide Reopening Of Schools In Two Weeks / Public Schools: Tell Me The Truth - Zulum Begs At Meeting With Borno Principals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.