Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty (33739 Views)

Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. / Playwright And Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka diagnosed With Cancer / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by DIVINE78: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
minkawe: Welcome on board Prof. It's something great happening in our land, learning under great minds widens your horizon.
Ibos disagree with you.

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Tolexander: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Chubhie: The way you are going about shouting loser over another's opinion could point to some certain preconceived notions in error about the subject matter of losing. I have been a loser- most of my first shots on business,romance etc ended in failure.
Have been able to leverage on experiences gained and now understand and appreciate success. Most times now I deliberately fail so that the success will be sweeter! Success without failure is meaningless.

There was a place in the bible when david was been chased by saul. David went out of the city and found himself with losers and city rejects. By the period david was done with them, they became honourable men who presided over kingdoms. Will teach my kids tis all good to lose. CU will do everything crook or pure to smuggle itself as the Best.
i'm a living witness to this!
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by DocAdray(f): 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hahaha, I don laff tire...

Some Nairalanders are so 'bad-mouthed', abeg make una forgive CU its trespasses.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
Haters always find something bad to say.....

3 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is a good development for the University. Innovative ideas on how to move the School forward would be got from the Professor who is a Nobel Laureate.

Many, if not all universities in Nigeria, need total curricula review. They all use obsolete curricula with old and outdated concepts( mainly science and engineering curricula). In my School(UI), for example, many lecturers still lecture us with their own lecture notes they used as undergraduates. And those lecture notes were compiled many years ago,more than ten years. In a rapidly-growing field like Physics, such a practice by lecturers is not beneficial to the students.

I hope the visiting Professor would help CU in effecting significant changes in their curricula, and other things. This will bring them closer to realizing their goal, which is to be among top ten universities in the world within the next ten years.
This goal, I think, cannot be realized within the next ten years. It would take a longer time.

I hope my School would emulate CU and bring renowned visiting lecturers from top schools in the world to teach us, instead of mediocre lecturers that are inexperienced from countries like Namibia,Malawi and some universities in Nigeria.
The visiting lecturers I have seen in my department so far are from Nigerian universities and some West African universities, and I am not impressed with their repertoires.

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by minkawe: 12:04am On Jul 12, 2014
DIVINE78:
Ibos disagree with you.
I really don't get you sir, what does tribe has to do with this.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 12, 2014
I really don't see the big deal here. All of una dey form as if sey if una dey d school una no go happy sey a Nobel Laurette is teaching you. Common! Don't be angry for nothing. What's done is done.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 12, 2014
DIVINE78:
Isn't unipetrol, sorry uniport the school dumbo Joe bagged his doctorate?
Your school is an embodiment of what school should not be.
Loool. (No offence to our president nawww). But now that you've said it, something that has been on my mind: How come WES does not evalauate transcripts from Uniport? Y was d school singled out in the whole Naija?
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by fanficgirl(f): 5:13am On Jul 12, 2014
They are so lucky omg!!!!
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by davidif: 6:32am On Jul 12, 2014
dondumexx:
The Vice-Chancellor, Covenant University, Professor Charles Ayo, who announced the appointment, said the coming onboard of Professor Maskin is an impetus to the University’s quest to be one of the top ten universities in the world within the next ten years.

Wow!!!! shocked shocked what a truly shocking statement for a vice chancellor to make. Man, I am truly stunned.

Good for them sha. Hopefully they achieve their goals. I would encourage them to even go further and make him Vice-chancellor or even head of dept then maybe he would also attract other professor's of his own ilk to the school.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Chubhie: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2014
Tolexander: i'm a living witness to this!
Finest fresh n clean Bobo. You have been missing in action in politics section. Hope all those babes go free you small make we begin see more of you here.

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Tolexander: 7:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Chubhie: Finest fresh n clean Bobo. You have been missing in action in politics section. Hope all those babes go free you small make we begin see more of you here.
Chubhie the cutest guy i've ever seen !

politics section don dey dry nowadays to me jare.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Chubhie: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2014
Tolexander: Chubhie the cutest guy i've ever seen !

politics section don dey dry nowadays to me jare.
its probably on recovery mode after the Boko bomb unleashed on its servers. Monkey no fine but em mama like I'm.

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Tolexander: 8:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Chubhie: its probably on recovery mode after the Boko bomb unleashed on its servers. Monkey no fine but em mama like I'm.
probably.
You na finest fine man
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by supereasy(m): 9:51am On Jul 12, 2014
kibo:

Who is shouting... ?

Did they come up on national TV to inform you ?
Did they send you text message?
Did they post it on nairaland ?
Did they call a press conference for it?

It was probably an internal announcement passed out. You are only bothered becos of the level of hate and prejudice you have against them. Other schools annouce information and people forge on, how come this one has suddenly become something to disturb yourself with?

It is this very same attitude that is destroying the society.
Cure yourself from this psychological illness and see the world from a more optimistic view.

. Abeg what's this one saying
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by viceb: 10:05am On Jul 12, 2014
This a wonderful news. Research and learning will be advanced beyond the frontiers of our nation. This scholar is here to take the ongoing global scholarly conversation to the next level. He will demystify the peculiarity of our economic imbroglio and proffer his quota of solutions to getting things done in a merger of theory and praxis.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by kibo: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2014
supereasy: . Abeg what's this one saying

It always a pleasure explaining things to the handicapped.
You see, i made use of english words in my post, i assumed that any normal person could comprehend it.
Kindly specify the area in the post so i can buttress my point further, although, i believe 5 minutes of thorough reading can help your sympathetic situation.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by eromspete(m): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2014
Wonderful stuff going on there. To be able to attract such a distinguished person is no easy feat. It tells a lot about the ambitions of the school.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by elozinoexe: 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
Our growth as a country will effectivly begin when we all work to build instead of criticising d efforts of others. Thumbs up 4 CU...
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
JayJohnson:
You will die in your poverty because of this your inferiority complex! Is Wole Soyinka, Aliko Dangote, Chinua Achebe Oyibo? The guy is a nobel award winner, here you are with your waec claiming Africans are dumb! SMH for your stupidity son!

Don't even know what WAEC looks like, son.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by sexymonkey(m): 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
gensteejay: This is a good development for the University. Innovative ideas on how to move the School forward would be got from the Professor who is a Nobel Laureate.

Many, if not all universities in Nigeria, need total curricula review. They all use obsolete curricula with old and outdated concepts( mainly science and engineering curricula). In my School(UI), for example, many lecturers still lecture us with their own lecture notes they used as undergraduates. And those lecture notes were compiled many years ago,more than ten years. In a rapidly-growing field like Physics, such a practice by lecturers is not beneficial to the students.

I hope the visiting Professor would help CU in effecting significant changes in their curricula, and other things. This will bring them closer to realizing their goal, which is to be among top ten universities in the world within the next ten years.
This goal, I think, cannot be realized within the next ten years. It would take a longer time.

I hope my School would emulate CU and bring renowned visiting lecturers from top schools in the world to teach us, instead of mediocre lecturers that are inexperienced from countries like Namibia,Malawi and some universities in Nigeria.
The visiting lecturers I have seen in my department so far are from Nigerian universities and some West African universities, and I am not impressed with their repertoires.
Bless your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ilekere:

Don't even know what WAEC looks like, son.

My son, you cannot know it because you wrote ssce, you are such a small boy, my son
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by mcpat(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
danot1030: Covenant University going forward and the haters going backward. This is a plus.
goin forward to where??
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by fr3do(m): 5:28am On Jul 13, 2014
Emulti:

LAZY BRAIN!

u don't say!
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by teeblazer: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
http://www.virgin.com/entrepreneur/richard-branson-walks-in-enterprise-challenge-winners-shoes

The winner is a CU graduate.

The results speak! Jealous people. Wait for the next 10 years and you will see where Covenant University has reached.
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by teeblazer: 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2014

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by teeblazer: 12:59am On Jul 20, 2014
https://youngafricanleaders.state.gov/2014/07/07/meet-the-fellows-catherine-oluwakemi-onabanjo/

Catherine Oluwakemi Onabanjo is currently a consultant for McKinsey & Company’s Lagos office, where she serves public sector, social sector and corporate clients across West Africa on their growth, strategy and transformation programs.

In addition to her client work, she is a member of the board of trustees for Helping Other People Excel (HOPE), an NGO whose theory of change is that developing leadership skills in Nigeria’s teenagers today will cultivate change agents who will drive social change in the country.

Kemi holds a Bachelor of Science in computer science from Covenant University and continues to closely engage with the university as welfare secretary and community outreach coordinator of the Covenant University Alumni Association.

Upon completion of the Washington Fellowship, Kemi plans to focus on capability building and development of her public sector clients, as she believes that the enhanced capability of public sector employees is a critical enabler to unleash Nigeria’s great potentials

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by teeblazer: 1:03am On Jul 20, 2014
This one too!

https://www.facebook.com/usembassynigeria/photos/a.10150195489589874.343590.29206219873/10152547281899874/?type=1&fref=nf

Lawrence focuses on jobs and wealth creation for the unemployed and marginalized youth in Ondo State. He is a participant in the 2014 Washington Fellowhship.

For the last five years, Lawrence Alaba Afere has worked in the Youth and Enterprise Development sector, with a focus on jobs and wealth creation for the unemployed and marginalized youth in Ondo State, Nigeria. Currently, Lawrence is the director and founder of Springboard Entrepreneurship Development Initiative, Akure, where he develops programs in entrepreneurship, jobs & wealth creation and agricultural development for unemployed youth. He also coordinates the production and marketing of plantain chips produced at the Springboard Farms.

In recognition of his innovative approach toward solving the youth unemployment problem in Ondo State, Lawrence was nominated in 2009 for a national youth award by the Federal Ministry of Youth Development - in conjunction with Youngstars Foundation, Nigeria.

Lawrence holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Covenant University and has trained online as a Social Entrepreneur at the International Institute for Global Leadership and Kanthari International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs. Upon completion of the Washington Fellowship, Lawrence plans to extend his entrepreneurship and agricultural programs to further combat youth unemployment across the 18 Local Government Areas in Ondo State.

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Oraeri30: 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
To Impress a good lecturer and make high mark in your final project two things are involved
1. get a good project guide, quality topic and materials
www.uniprojectsearch.com
2. believe in yourself

www.uniprojectsearch.com has first class project topic and material for every department
check out this on philosophy
http://uniprojectsearch.com/happiness-philosophy-higgins/
Happiness in the Philosophy of Higgins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opeyemi Enoch Has NOT Solved The Riemann Hypothesis: Didnt Get Any $1M / Kaduna Poly Admission Admission Placement Information / BETA: UNN Ranks Number One University In Nigeria, 17 In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.