Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty (33624 Views)

Noble Laureate, Wole Soyinka Leads Candidates For Oxford's Professor Of Poetry. / Playwright And Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka diagnosed With Cancer / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by NMotorwerks: 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
You are myopic and warped in your thinking, no matter how you look at it, the students and faculty there will gain a lot from this world re-known figure. Convenant is on the right track and the goal to be among the world's best should be lauded.

SLIDEwaxie: u need prayers too.
The truth is, covenant city jst wan get more popularity which equals to more money....

Wetin concern us with visiting prof? can't they jes av a seminar instead of jes one semester appearance like ghost?

Did u knw how many times profs from abroad has visited other Nigerian universities and people no shout?

At least I knw of UI where that is even rampart. Even indian profs teach in UI in the medicine dept...

Did u knw how many times achebe or shoyinka has been visiting profs at Harvard and some other foreign universities?
Abegiiiii

5 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nattydonatus(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
kibo:

Who is shouting... ?

Did they come up on national TV to inform you ?
Did they send you text message?
Did they post it on nairaland ?
Did they call a press conference for it?

It was probably an internal announcement passed out. You are only bothered becos of the level of hate and prejudice you have against them. Other schools annouce information and people forge on, how come this one has suddenly become something to disturb yourself with?

It is this very same attitude that is destroying the society.
Cure yourself from this psychologjcal illness and see the world from a more optimistic view.

cry us a lagoon!
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by anonimi: 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
How many students does Havard give scholarships to annually and what is the amount to each student

How does this compare to Oyedepo's supposedly christian university built with the church people's money on the same scholarship matters?

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by chioma134: 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
Good one!! Congratulations,Covenant University! The change we're hoping for in the educational sector may likely come from the private universities.

9 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by rozayx5(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
nice one, ever since the founder gave my Senior brother a handshake in east africa in the 90's his life has never been the same.

if i have ever had any reason to doubt the Bishop my brothers life is a testimony to make me believe in God's power in his life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
inteli: Visiting Professor?!! No be to come make awof cash from covenant, doing nothing? Anyway sha, na the name and title way covenant want. lipsrsealed

Actually,a visiting professor does a lot of stuff...

Like lecture/discuss with graduate and postgraduate students,usually for a semester.

6 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by excelabbey(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
alentyno: Why is Covenant uni so desperate to get noticed.... Na by force?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Segman22(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
They are just trying to achieve excellence. Nothing wrong with that.

3 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by CharlieMaria(m): 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
Should I go buy Jamb form and go back to uni again? undecided
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Joshuadon: 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
GROWING

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by joseph1832(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
A nice step in the right direction. Instead of him visiting why can't the university make his stay permanent? Anyways why he's there I believe the amount of contribution he makes will be beneficial to the students there.

Aside this step I believe the University should start making steps to involve student unionism in the school and also stop caging the students there like animals.

2 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
good one CU.

But shey the students will understand what he is talking about?

na joke i dey o
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: u need prayers too.
The truth is, covenant city jst wan get more popularity which equals to more money....

Wetin concern us with visiting prof? can't they jes av a seminar instead of jes one semester appearance like ghost?

Did u knw how many times profs from abroad has visited other Nigerian universities and people no shout?

At least I knw of UI where that is even rampart. Even indian profs teach in UI in the medicine dept...

Did u knw how many times achebe or shoyinka has been visiting profs at Harvard and some other foreign universities?
Abegiiiii
You are a big time hater, you need to work on yourself. It doesn't pay to hate.

4 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
joseph1832: A nice step in the right direction. Instead of him visiting why can't the university make his stay permanent? Anyways why he's there I believe the amount of contribution he makes will be beneficial to the students there.

Aside this step I believe the University should start making steps to involve student unionism in the school and also stop caging the students there like animals.

just like that? if you were professor at Harvard, will you go to CU and become professor? its not even the money, CU may want to pay anything for him, but he has to be around his work, his students, his projects, his grants etc. unfortunately, money can't buy all these.

2 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by kabba7(m): 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
I guess the university want to be different fro the other Nigerian universities turning ii the eyes that itch the. likes.of dame .

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
I don't know why you guys are hating on CU. This is consistent with international best practices. This guy is a nobel laureate so he deserves whatever plaudits he get, just as Wole Soyinka or others with similar clout will be respected when they give their classes abroad. stop hating on nothing.

disclaimer: i am not in any way affiliated with CU

3 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
inteli: Visiting Professor?!! No be to come make awof cash from covenant, doing nothing? Anyway sha, na the name and title way covenant want. lipsrsealed

doing nothing you said? this nigerian mentality has really gotten to you o. you think these oyibo professors can sit still? they have the best work ethics ever. its work or nothing for most of them.

4 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by amnestylaw1(m): 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
Wao, this is a nice development. Now, CU students have to grab the opportunity to milk this man's knowledge truck dry before he returns.

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by holyfather(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
anonimi: How many students does Havard give scholarships to annually and what is the amount to each student

How does this compare to Oyedepo's supposedly christian university built with the church people's money on the same scholarship matters?

go snatch it from him.
and if you cant,just shut ur sorry trap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by joseph1832(m): 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
annoymous:

just like that? if you were professor at Harvard, will you go to CU and become professor? its not even the money, CU may want to pay anything for him, but he has to be around his work, his students, his projects, his grants etc. unfortunately, money can't buy all these.

It doesn't matter, do no forget that the said professor is a white man and not a Nigerian, Money doesn't mean everything. I believe he's doing this as his personal contribution to foster knowledge. Don't forget he's only visiting, he's not staying on permanent basis.

1 Like

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Handcuff: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
VICTORCIZA: no oo
we don't need that mad old professor abeg >:
MAD ? How ?
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
If I start talking now, dem go wan chop me, m jst tired of d way ppl on dis platform despise positivity, progress n excellence of a party, individual or group of persons. Ur situation is not any better so y u criticising another's performance, nawa o, dey'll come here spikin bossy n arogant bt if u chek dem well shingbain dem no get. Trully d empty barrel makes d loudest noise

3 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by anonimi: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
holyfather:

go snatch it from him.
and if you cant,just shut ur sorry trap.

make you come shut am for me as I nor sabi do am mysef grin
Worshipper of god of men like you shocked
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by joseph1832(m): 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
prettyboi1989: If I start talking now, dem go wan chop me, m jst tired of d way ppl on dis platform despise positivity, progress n excellence of a party, individual or group of persons. Ur situation is not any better so y u criticising another's performance, nawa o, dey'll come here spikin bossy n arogant bt if u chek dem well shingbain dem no get. Trully d empty barrel makes d loudest noise

That's a fallacy! "empty barrel do not always make the loudest noise".
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
ok
Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Enosa1(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
Most comment here just prove the reason why Nigeria is not progressing: many of her citizens are enemies of progress. Gosh!

5 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Standing5(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
What if Covenant Uni really meant business? How else are they suppose to go about it without letting it go beyond the student community?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by marcusaurelio(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
I believe this shouldn't call for an argument..Covenant University has its own plan to improve their standard of education..I think we shouldn't hide in a corner condemning other peoples plans we should try improve ourselves also..our future needs it..My first comment actually

2 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by Enosa1(m): 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
rozayx5: nice one, ever since the founder gave my Senior brother a handshake in east africa in the 90's his life has never been the same.

if i have ever had any reason to doubt the Bishop my brothers life is a testimony to make me believe in God's power in his life
Help me tell them...the things of the spirit are too big for a canal man to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty by lawrenzez(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
lavita2: lol..Covenant University and desperation go hand in hand...A cursory glance at her faculty members quickly reveals under-qualified fellows at the helm of affairs. Don't be fooled by all their antics folks. They are not worth more than the tag - a glorified secondary school.
if u have nothing to say pls keep shut ai! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Decide Reopening Of Schools In Two Weeks / Public Schools: Tell Me The Truth - Zulum Begs At Meeting With Borno Principals / Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.