Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. - Rap Battles (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. (10405 Views)

Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 / Net Worth Of Nigeria's Top 5 Rappers / Lyricists Trial: Vote Oldsync Or Alexpissu To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2014
fattbabakay: D List is trash...Ma n!gga guykhena suppose dey dia!

lol u never talk of better people u dey talk guykhena wey dey struggle to do 2syllable
iceskidd u need to see dis woh
ckushy

SAW
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2014
RapDevil: Nairaland's rap section is a dungeon of lyrical warfare and creativity. As an avid observer in the last 8 months I felt it is essential to pick out the best 5 lyrical monsters on the forum. My criteria centred on achievement, consistency, impact, quality of the opponent, battle frequency and skills.

The task was not easy but here goes the top 5 lyrical wizards of Nairaland in my own opinion.

5) ThePrekky

Ever since his emergence in 2012, ThePrekky has become a very consistent rapper. During that time, he has stayed relevant and he took some heavyweights on his way to the top. Granted, ThePrekky lost against Ibime. But at his best, ThePrekky is an entertaining, lively and captivating textcee whose freestyling abilities are full of heavy bars, humour, punches and conviction.

4) DBR

DBR is the type of textcee who could easily be number one if he was more active. He has faced tough opponents and he has dropped classics after classics. More than anything, his style of rapping is very unique and highly technical. There have been whispers he has hung pen and pad. The battle rap community hopes he bounces back from his retirement.

3) Siddoggg

You would be making a big mistake for thinking Siddoggg is a newcomer in this battling terrain. He entered the fray as far back as 2012. His last performance against Mikuz in the Brutal Combat Series got him a huge respect from every quarter - like the emergence of a new star, a textcee who could rap circles around his competitors. Yes, his verses seldom lack structure but he has improved a great deal since the early days. Over the past year, it’s very plausible that no textcee stock has surged as much as Siddoggg. He's unfuckwithable!

2) Ibime

Ibime is the most influential battle rapper on Nairaland. His DNA is all over the present day battle culture in this forum. I have studied his lyrics over the past few weeks and he always brings deadly material to the table. In some respect, a string of unfortunate events kept Ibime from the top spot. He suffered very few losses in the last 12 months. Either way, one can expect him to bounce back and claim his spot before 2014 wounds up.

1) Coogar

The trajectory of Coogar's career has a very bizarre perspective. He came from nowhere, started the year taking shots at DBR/Ibime and just recently, he defeated Mikuz in one of the biggest matchups of 2014. Love him or hate him, That is a murderer’s row of battle talent. Coogar is different as he doesn’t dilute his stature with weak matchups. For that, he deserves credit.

He has proven he’s one of Nairaland's most versatile battlers, capable of switching between hilarious content and vicious bars with ease, all while taking a very direct aim at his opponents. ever disappointed. Coogar's pen game is the best on NL in the last 7 months, imbued with solid pop culture references and street-savvy lyricism, and delivered with his trademark comedic expressions.
dafuq? Better put ibime as number one and quit this obvious @ss licking of ibime. And where is streetwize?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by youngice(m): 11:50am On Jul 12, 2014
olafunny: I suppose b number 1. angry checkout my lyrics. Yo yo yo, I wnt to drink kunu, I cn dy c fufu, dem dy call me mumu, bt I dn dy drink nunu, yo yo yo cheesy cheesy
grin

grin grin grin grin
Vote 4 me by liking my post

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 11:50am On Jul 12, 2014
safarigirl: Oh, so dem don push una come FP by force after living in relegation? Issorait grin

S/out to all the textcees. I almost murdered Siddogg one time sha grin

for bed ni?

SAW
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Gwizatasie: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2014
Do you call them rappers or woman wrappers?....lyrically am crazy cos yablaeft me...coming for that thread like anenih....I be making those fake emcee screaming chai there is God o...Even olamide self know say I be baddo....for south south they will be feeling me like wado ...spray them insecticides flows like Rambo..

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
dafuq? Better put ibime as number one and quit this obvious @ss licking of ibime. And where is streetwize?

coogar stays number one unless ibime puts him down which i dont see happening
besides apart from siddogg and ibime and coogar/ who amongst them is/are still consistent? None!

SAW
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by lilmax(m): 11:56am On Jul 12, 2014
Coogar....nice
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2014
JigsawKillah:

coogar stays number one unless ibime puts him down which i dont see happening
besides apart from siddogg and ibime and coogar/ who amongst them is/are still consistent? None!

SAW
what is this one saying? Your so called 'vets' perfected their skills from studying ibime's rhymes.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2014
I wonder why y'all don't appreciate real lyriists and real rap
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Herrmes: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2014
Ad Hominem I must say
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Tiyazman(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2014
Cool list:: but I think Ibime should be NO.1 and Coogar NO.2

Who is this RapDevil? Why are you not known in Rap battles

Good thing our dome is on frontpage tho, thankyou Seun.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Guykhena(m): 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
JigsawKillah:

lol u never talk of better people u dey talk guykhena wey dey struggle to do 2syllable

Nigga you alright? In case you don't know,my mark is already set here.
So you can keep struggling to make a name for yourself.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by BabaEleko(m): 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nonsense list until you add "My opinion" to the thread title. My boy "Bj-Mighty" a member of this forum, single handedly went to war with Yung6ix on that "One take rap" and had his fans choking and he didn't make the list??
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by safarigirl(f): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
JigsawKillah:

for bed ni?

SAW
see you. Which time you register for NL sef? Na me and siddog dem go sabi
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Guykhena(m): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tiyazman:
Who is this RapDevil? Why are you not known in Rap battles

Ghost account,and with this list you can tell who....
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nnamdini(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Very Interesting...i have always been a big fan of rap/rappers.sadly i have never been to the rap section.
@OP,i really love the way you analysed these rappers highlighting their strengths & weaknesses.i admire your knowledge of real hip hop
common people,show some encouragements to these rappers so they can become better in the future
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
what is this one saying? Your so called 'vets' perfected their skills from studying ibime's rhymes.

just becos he said it in his bars doesnt make it true.....yea some did not all
look at their styles, they differ

SAW
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
safarigirl: see you. Which time you register for NL sef? Na me and siddog dem go sabi

like i havent seen ur posts! I dont just type for the sake of typing yo

SAW
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Guykhena:
Nigga you alright? In case you don't know,my mark is already set here.
So you can keep struggling to make a name for yourself.

hehe which name did u make? You wont be in anybody's top 10 in the future.

SAW
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
JigsawKillah:

just becos he said it in his bars doesnt make it true.....yea some did not all
look at their styles, they differ

SAW
why i'm i even arguing with someone who started text rap in the year 2013. Bye bye
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Guykhena(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
JigsawKillah:

hehe which name did u make? You wont be in anybody's top 10 in the future.

SAW
In your future right?*sighs* if we were to work with that your future you would be extinct by then,cus in this era you still trying to fix your legs.
So 'Envy' is eating you up?smh
Talks are for biitches,maybe I should start with you by whooping your a$$ lyrically in open.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
why i'm i even arguing with someone who started text rap in the year 2013. Bye bye

here's someone who started rap 'a decade back' still trying to live from hand to mouth!

SAW
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Guykhena:
In your future right?*sighs* if we were to work with that your future you would be extinct by then,cus in this era you still trying to fix your legs.
So 'Envy' is eating you up?smh
Talks are for biitches,maybe I should start with you by whooping your a$$ lyrically in open.

when u can put 2syllables in ur lines, u c/o me

SAW
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Tiyazman(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
Guykhena:
Ghost account,and with this list you can tell who....
Chill, the gods are wise.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Vivly(f): 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
This made front page?? grin grin
That list is so .......
Who put coogar on the number one spot??
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by NickiRoman: 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
*Yawns*
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Tiyazman(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
Vivly: That list is so biased.......
Who put coogar on the number one spot??
Lol, if you had the power to ordain yourself the QUEEN of Nigeria, would you?
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Guykhena(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
JigsawKillah:

when u can put 2syllables in ur lines, u c/o me

SAW
I bet you don't know what 2syllables means,a person made that up just bcus he has some issues with me.
In all your verses at FFR there hasn't been any with Wordplays,hit punchlines,multisyllabic rhymes,even metaphors you still lacking behind.(That explains why you haven't been recognised),me giving you a c/o? You wish,cus its definitely gonna be one-sided.
See just bcus you see peeps joking with me and I stay quiet doesn't mean weaklings(like you) could hop in,cus I will fvck you up real bad. It seems you don't know much about my past.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Alexk2(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Relevant topics still dey ground o, I wonder d
basis 4 wich a topic becomes a front page item

i wonder too ooo.
i even need som1 to explain what this topic is all about.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nastydroid(m): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
I never knew siddoggg was on nairaland
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Bootybuttchic(f): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
JigsawKillah:

u no d guy?

Btw all of una wey dis topic pain una fit go die!

SAW
yes i knw am....wetin apen undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Battle Rap El-classico! 007bruce Vs Darkrebel666 (Season 1) / Freestyle Lyrical Assembling Thread / Yoruba Rap War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.