Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

*Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method (1939 Views)

Please Beware! Scam Alert. / SCAM ALERT: FAKE Gtb Cloned Internet Banking Platform..>>beware<< / SCAM ALERT! Warning To Nigerians About This Canadian Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by Skynet247(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
I wish this little post can make front page... To warn nigerians with the latest way scammers had innovates a new way to scam people...
I met a lady with the name rita osaze from london on facebook, about 3weeks ago... We became tight friends... With time she tould me,she can help my sister to travel to london... I said but i don't have the ticket and visa fees... She said she will handle all expenses.... I was happy, but my sister insist its was a scam in disgust... So i tould rita that my sister thinks its a scam... So rita tould me she will send me a brand new apple laptop from london, so my sister will believe... That was on monday... Latter on tuesday, she gave me this website to track the laptop www.arco-courier.com with tracker TP3QJB0E i was happy when i tried it on the site, and it worked... On wednesday morning, i recieved a call that my laptop had arrived in nigeria, i should contact one mr tobe [clearing agent]... And i will have to pay 7000 for customs... Thats when i began to scent something smelly in the deal...
Number 1. How can some pay 150 pounds for just shipping of laptop...
Number 2. How can the domain be 34days old, but the claimed they had been in business since 2001 [thanks to scam adviser]
Number 3. Why is this carrying agent mr tobe want to finish my phone battery because of 7000
I tould the rita osaze that am being asked to pay 7000 before the laptop could be sent to me... [thank God my token was missing i would have done an online transfer]
She said i should pay, i then asked her, you said you have only a cousin in nigeria, where do he lives? She said abuja... Managing two of her hotels name st mary... Just imagine one mr jeff with phone number 08052805628, when i search on google... This number was on topix 2013, with name pst mike for jamb upgradement, which we all know is scam...
To cut the long story short, i narrated the story to my trust friends on facebook, and the all comfirmed its scam...
.when she noticed i understood she unfriended me on facebook
Please share this around... 7000 naira might look small, but it still can help you.
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by adanduka: 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
*scam alert*

1 Like

Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by fattbabakay(m): 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
So n!ggaz still fall for scams in dis Nigeria?? Den such person isn't a REAL n!gga...Do not engage in anytin dah involves money ONLINE

2 Likes

Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by Gudiza(m): 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
undecided embarassed
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by otokx(m): 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Greed is an underlying factor in falling victim to scammers.

2 Likes

Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by LoveDecay(m): 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
Sharp guy. The op is a sharp guy. Chop knuckle .
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by dav8id(m): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
ok we Don hear

1 Like

Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by Adinije(f): 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
At this time and age peeps still except to get free things from pple they met online? why wont u be scammed? She promsied to send a laptop as a proof and u believed it becos her papa and steve jobs.
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by nicko92: 12:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Skynet247: I wish this little post can make front page... To warn nigerians with the latest way scammers had innovates a new way to scam people...
I met a lady with the name rita osaze from london on facebook, about 3weeks ago... We became tight friends... With time she tould me,she can help my sister to travel to london... I said but i don't have the ticket and visa fees... She said she will handle all expenses.... I was happy, but my sister insist its was a scam in disgust... So i tould rita that my sister thinks its a scam... So rita tould me she will send me a brand new apple laptop from london, so my sister will believe... That was on monday... Latter on tuesday, she gave me this website to track the laptop www.arco-courier.com with tracker TP3QJB0E i was happy when i tried it on the site, and it worked... On wednesday morning, i recieved a call that my laptop had arrived in nigeria, i should contact one mr tobe [clearing agent]... And i will have to pay 7000 for customs... Thats when i began to scent something smelly in the deal...
Number 1. How can some pay 150 pounds for just shipping of laptop...
Number 2. How can the domain be 34days old, but the claimed they had been in business since 2001 [thanks to scam adviser]
Number 3. Why is this carrying agent mr tobe want to finish my phone battery because of 7000
I tould the rita osaze that am being asked to pay 7000 before the laptop could be sent to me... [thank God my token was missing i would have done an online transfer]
She said i should pay, i then asked her, you said you have only a cousin in nigeria, where do he lives? She said abuja... Managing two of her hotels name st mary... Just imagine one mr jeff with phone number 08052805628, when i search on google... This number was on topix 2013, with name pst mike for jamb upgradement, which we all know is scam...
To cut the long story short, i narrated the story to my trust friends on facebook, and the all comfirmed its scam...
.when she noticed i understood she unfriended me on facebook
Please share this around... 7000 naira might look small, but it still can help you.
somebody i meet here too is offering to pay me 200% of my initial capital if i invest with their campany.i have been wondering,can this be true.
Advice please
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2014
@op i love u.but e remain small mk u transfer
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by fattbabakay(m): 9:53am On Jul 14, 2014
nicko92:
somebody i meet here too is offering to pay me 200% of my initial capital if i invest with their campany.i have been wondering,can this be true.
Advice please
advise ursef tongue

1 Like

Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by nicko92: 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
fattbabakay: advise ursef tongue
thats why i posted it bro
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by Skynet247(m): 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
hbpeze: @op i love u.but e remain small mk u transfer
true talk brother
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by civilserva: 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
fattbabakay: advise ursef tongue

Best answer.....
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by olatundes14: 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
naija beware!some nairalander's are scammer's,u can imagine a post on dangote cement promo!and its nt announce openly on media station/newspaper's.also some groups of guy who claimed t be a distributor 4dangote cement@obajana,they'l ask u t pay 30%upfront,70%paymt afta delivry,or pay 4transport & we deliver t ur doorstep,pls watch out!
Re: *Scam Alert*:A New Scammer's Method by victor08(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
[size=38pt]Maga Jam 419...naija no dey carry last.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Forex Education Made Easy with TSE/FX FARMS / Get Free 100 USDT For Spot And Futures Trading. / About LIVEGOOD Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.