Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants (22091 Views)

Other Places You Can Apply Deodorants Apart From Your Armpits / Deodorants / Best Deodorants For Males/females? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by dtwsola(m): 12:59am On Jan 20, 2009
It's good to see that more Nigerians are starting to understand the importance of roll on. I am always dismayed when I visit Naija and am overtaken by my foul smelling countrymen. I try not to stick my nose at them, but at the same time I wish they would get the message. Taking a shower and using roll on every day should be a commandment. I just can not respect someone that has body odour.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 20, 2009
I use Lynx (Axe outside Britain) anti-perspirant spray.

My fragrance of choice is Africa, if Africa's sold out, then Pulse.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by spoilt(f): 1:43am On Jan 20, 2009
I use men's deodorants. I find that they make women's deodorants very mild and flowery like we dont sweat. Men's deodorants are crisp and tart. (Is that even the right word?) I use my husbands bodywash sometimes. Those things smell so good.
My pits are like a small project. grin I tackle them everyday, midday, all the time. Its like OCD. grin Better to overdo it than underdo it.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by ikamefa(f): 1:48am On Jan 20, 2009
una do well oh  cheesy

me ika6 i nor dey use nattin "  grin "

make my armpit dey boom! bang! and pulverize everybody wey dey near ,  cheesy i nor send una message oh!  cheesy

(the fear of aluminum ultimately Alzheimer disease is the beginning of wisdom )  ' grin "
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by JahAngel(f): 2:43am On Jan 20, 2009
Jeeeeeeeze. I can't believe this is even a topic LOOOOOOOL
grin
If we must chat bout armpits (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL), sorry,  then lets look at the damage that the Aluminium in these deodorants cause. They've been linked to Alzheimers and some cancers. You should try looking out for aluminium free deodorants. And to the guy that wears stick, then roll on, YOUR SKIN CANNOT BREATH MAN!  cry  Be carefulooooooooooo!!! See if you can find solid salt crystal deodorant. You wet it and rub it under your pit, or use new breed of deodorants without aluminium. Anti-perspirants do what they say, stop you perspiring/sweating and God no mek your body for dat.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by skylooh(m): 6:04am On Jan 20, 2009
Abeg people make una dey shave una armpit hair regularly ooh , the hair 4 some pple armpit don rust grin grin if they walk past you in fact you will think a bag of onions just walked past cheesy grin
as 4 me i shave my armpit hair regularly and use sure or axe deo with 0% alkohol it keeps me fresh all day
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by obichinno: 7:27am On Jan 20, 2009
I use Nivea deodorant 24 hours and i think it okay cos i dont sweat in my pitts and i feel relaxed and confident in the office
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by Onyema1(m): 7:28am On Jan 20, 2009
i use sure body spray for men. It works for me and i think its the best for men.  But, hey chemists in the house, i hear that these body sprays could cause canser, how true is this?  They said the sweat that the sprays restrain from coming out from the body forms glot in side the body and has the potential of causing canser.  Advise  please.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by alex406(m): 9:02am On Jan 20, 2009
I cant stop using Nivea, lots of sensation.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by IBCE(f): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2009
I have used them all, and now I have settled for Dove deodorant spray.
Its got 0% Alcholhol
Anti Persperant
It'l be there all day
It comes in different fragrance that are all soooooooooooooooo sweet
It all smells of Female , Female here , Female here,
& I jst feel really C-O-O-L wen i hve ma dove spray on cheesy

I am had to try den all out to know which is best for me
The other ones i tried, even when they say its antipersperant, i still dey sweat for armpit wen i use them and they give very wrong smell wen they get to mix up wit da sweat embarassed
Some of them will help u discolour ur arm pit
Its not a small tin oo

Its like , Diff Strokes for Diff Folks, Shaa
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by spikedcylinder: 9:36am On Jan 20, 2009
alex406:

I cant stop using Nivea, lots of sensation.

Lots of sensation?
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by iice(f): 9:47am On Jan 20, 2009
ikamefa:

una do well oh  cheesy

me ika6 i nor dey use nattin "  grin "

make my armpit dey boom! bang! and pulverize everybody wey dey near ,  cheesy i nor send una message oh!  cheesy

(the fear of aluminum ultimately Alzheimer disease is the beginning of wisdom )  ' grin "

" grin " Twinny take your time ooo grin grin my rib wan break grin

skylooh:

Abeg people make una dey shave una armpit hair regularly ooh , the hair 4 some pple armpit don rust grin grin if they walk past you in fact you will think a bag of onions just walked past cheesy grin
as 4 me i shave my armpit hair regularly and use sure or axe deo with 0% alkohol it keeps me fresh all day

laughin ma frozen butt off grin grin

jingoma:

Just use any Anti-Perspirant .
Anyone ever got on a plane with someone thats "Radiating" real bad?, [b][/b] It can be traumatic depending on how long your flight is!

cheesy grin grin

This thread no go kill me grin grin
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by Raymond88(m): 10:02am On Jan 20, 2009
spoilt:

I use men's deodorants. I find that they make women's deodorants very mild and flowery like we dont sweat. Men's deodorants are crisp and tart. (Is that even the right word?)
Funny, i use womens deodorants and perfumes.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by iice(f): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2009
dtw_sola:

It's good to see that more Nigerians are starting to understand the importance of roll on. I am always dismayed when I visit Naija and am overtaken by my foul smelling countrymen. I try not to stick my nose at them, but at the same time I wish they would get the message. Taking a shower and using roll on every day should be a commandment. I just can not respect someone that has body odour.

What Only when you visit naija? shocked
The smell 'transcends' boundaries ooo grin
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by damiso(f): 10:39am On Jan 20, 2009
iice:

What Only when you visit naija? shocked
The smell 'transcends' boundaries ooo grin

Right about that,there is one oyinbo gal in my office(i cannot begin to describe embarassed) the gal stinks the whole place out, i am sure she just gets up from the bed and comes to work,uggh the smell is so nauseating cry.thank God she sits far away from me cos walahi if my desk was next to hers i would complain in my one to one with my manager.So pls body odours are universal and transcend all tribe and colour. That is not to say oyinbo people smell,the neat ones are really neat,so i guess its a personal thing.

Back to the topic,i use mitchum gel for men and if i can't get it would be dove deodorant spray.Before this i wash very very well as i hate body odours so cany take any chances.After anti -perspirant,i use victoria secrets vanilla body mist(smells heavenly if may so myself) and then i decide on what perfume to use dependent on my mood.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by crazylegs(m): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2009
Crazy topic! grin

I still remember many years ago an uncle looking at me intensely for like 5 minutes then calling me aside. "You don de become a man oh! Tell your mother to buy you Sure!"

What the poor man must have been suffering! grin

Still use Sure. Just changed to the spray recently.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by spikedcylinder: 10:59am On Jan 20, 2009
skylooh:

LOL!

You should go to a salon and try to get your hair washed. If you are unlucky and get a smelly person, na die!!!! cheesy
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by vodka(f): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2009
i don't use any sis. it gave me serious boils men. (not funny).

i just use sure spray, works for me keeps me smelling great all day cheesy
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by spikedcylinder: 11:17am On Jan 20, 2009
vodka:

i don't use any sis. it gave me serious boils men. (not funny).

i just use sure spray, works for me keeps me smelling great all day cheesy

Isn't that a deodorant as well?
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by angelina08(f): 11:42am On Jan 20, 2009
Ladies must lean how to use roll ons, creams, sprays very well it help in reducing body odour and Arm-pit deodorant also.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by seun001(m): 11:50am On Jan 20, 2009
well, started with Sure roll on,moved to Nivea then gillette and finally to Sure spray. might try out some other product soon anyway.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by ohaechesi(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2009
make i hear word jare. look people like me don't need things like that for my armpit. if i should tell you i don't apply cream on my skin from year to year. if my buddies sees me, they will be inquiring on the type of cream i use. una never hala until una eat gala grin
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by marydre: 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2009
@raymond88 are you gay? grin men dont use ladies stuff except their gay.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by iice(f): 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2009
damiso:

Right about that,there is one oyinbo gal in my office(i cannot begin to describe embarassed) the gal stinks the whole place out, i am sure she just gets up from the bed and comes to work,uggh the smell is so nauseating cry.thank God she sits far away from me cos walahi if my desk was next to hers i would complain in my one to one with my manager.So pls body odours are universal and transcend all tribe and colour. That is not to say oyinbo people smell,the neat ones are really neat,so i guess its a personal thing.

Back to the topic,i use mitchum gel for men and if i can't get it would be dove deodorant spray.Before this i wash very very well as i hate body odours so cany take any chances.After anti -perspirant,i use victoria secrets vanilla body mist(smells heavenly if may so myself) and then i decide on what perfume to use dependent on my mood.

grin True. . .but can you imagine a scent traveling long distances, through conditions and changes but yet the scent remain unchanged? grin

Nwayz. . .i prefer men deos cheesy
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by spikedcylinder: 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2009
Scent? Lol, which one is scent again? cheesy
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by iice(f): 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2009
Peculiar smell. . .known only to come from[i] that[/i] source - na my own definition grin
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by spikedcylinder: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2009
LOL! What source? cheesy
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by Pepeye(f): 7:30am On Jan 21, 2009
marydre:

@raymond88 are you gay? grin men dont use ladies stuff except their gay.

he must be grin
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by sweetmum(f): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2009
it's sure spray for women.try it.
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by iice(f): 9:36am On Jan 21, 2009
spikedcylinder:

LOL! What source? cheesy

What naughty evil things are you thinking? grin grin

B.O that doesnt change. undecided
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by spikedcylinder: 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2009
iice:

What naughty evil things are you thinking? grin grin

B.O that doesnt change. undecided

See me see wahala? Are you not the one that has been talking about one source or the other all over nairaland? Abeg o. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants by iice(f): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2009
The person na the source tongue

I had this roommate back in highschool (my dorm prefect)
She had this 'scent'.  .  .and it seemed to run in her family.
Her sister, in my school too had it, her bro who was one of the dudes i hung out with back then.  .  .
Even the siblings that came to visit undecided
It was the same smell.
And they are not dirty oooo.  Serious baffing like 2/3 times a day.  With Cologne and all that, but give them about 20 minutes with not even sweating and the scent comes alive again undecided

Some people's b.o smell different from other people undecided

@Topic
The sure crystal spray doesn't leave marks too. Not that i need that much since i rarely wear dark tops but i like the smell.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Beauty Of Africa International Pageant Contestants As Gordons Hosts Event / Meet Irikana Umaoro Love, Mr Rivers State Thanks Nairalanders For Voting For Him / Nigerian Ladies And Tattoos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.