Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded (20399 Views)

Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / 2 B/R FOR SALE AT GOWON ESTATE EGBEDA (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 8:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dear all,

Due to the loss of data on NL as a result of the attack. We wish to reload the tread. Kindly follow us as we do most of updating with more of pics.
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by mufutau55(m): 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
Welcome back, Aventures. And thanks for reloading the lost data.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
Project Brief:

Project description : Construction of 6 unit of 2 bedroom flats (a storey building)

Client : Nairalander in Diaspora.

Project Phase 1: Completion of the Carcass.

Budget. : =N= 11, 147, 500. 00K

Contractor : Aventures (08023142108)

1 Like

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by gratefulheart(m): 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
The story can only be sweet with pictures
Start wit design pics

Aventures: Project Brief:

Project description : Construction of 6 unit of 2 bedroom flats (a storey building)

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
Just a quick flash back;
Find below some of the architectural drawings of the project

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
To ease the stress of how to get water and to ensure adequate supply of water, we sank a borehole. There after we cleared the site, set out the structure according to the drawings and there after we broke the ground.

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
more pics on ground breaking

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Along the line, we discover that the site lie in a transition zone i:e the soil nature changes from firm starta to weak strata within same location.

Then we began to brainstorm on way out. several contribution came up in the former tread. What we eventually did will be showcase along the line. Meanwhile here are the pictures of the weak zones

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2014
While the excavation was ongoing the column bases reinforcement preparation was ongoing. Due to the portion of the land we termed we increased some mat sizes.

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2014
more

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2014
Due to some logistic challenge, rain fall *causing the excavated heap falling back into trenches as we have took our foundation to very good depth) and also while planning on how to tackle the weak zone, we had to concentrate on the other two flats in other to gain time,

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 9:18am On Jul 12, 2014
Foundation block work on the two flats

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2014
The portion we termed as weak zone was given a different treatment compare to other two flats.

The column bases was increased to 1.5m x 1.5m.
The column base depth was taken to a range of 1.8m - 2.0m deep (a point at which we encountered a fine sand )
The starter columns is in two parts: After casting the base the column was first cast to the trench level after which the beam was connected to the top of all the columns in this area.
450 mm deep beam was run all through this area connecting all the columns and on which the foundation block was laid.

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
More of flat 1 fdn pics

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
We are catching up to the present stage of work, more pics update

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Up to date

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
more updates as work continues. Happy Sunday to you all
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by vanessara: 9:26am On Jul 14, 2014
Adventure,

Well done
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by goodnews2013: 10:22am On Jul 14, 2014
Good Morning Sir.
Thank God the class is back
Lectures continues, and we are happy to follow.

Well done and good job
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2014
goodnews2013: Good Morning Sir.
Thank God the class is back
Lectures continues, and we are happy to follow.
Well done and good job
vanessara: Adventure,
Well done
Thanks. Class continues!
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by cleric(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Subscribed. grin
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Preparation on top gear for German flooring, below are the pics of earth filling, watering and compaction.

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by cleric(m): 7:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Aventure, I know u for quality. I am not one of those who subscribe to using blocks. I can even see that a block is cracking from the foundation already in the pix above^^^. Did u fill the blocks with concrete?

I am subscribing though.
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2014
cleric: Aventure, I know u for quality. I am not one of those who subscribe to using blocks. I can even see that a block is cracking from the foundation already in the pix above^^^. Did u fill the blocks with concrete?
I am subscribing though.
At no reason ,and at no time are we going to compromise quality. What you saw is not a crack caused by structure quality or failure but as a result of form work for the short pillar casting nailed firmly to the block wall. This is one of the reason i prefer doing my columns before block wall after foundation (i;e framing the structure with structural members first before partition wall).
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
Pics update from German floor casting update.

Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by cleric(m): 12:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Aventures: At no reason ,and at no time are we going to compromise quality. What you saw is not a crack caused by structure quality or failure but as a result of form work for the short pillar casting nailed firmly to the block wall. This is one of the reason i prefer doing my columns before block wall after foundation (i;e framing the structure with structural members first before partition wall).

Understood and following.
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by cleric(m): 12:47am On Jul 19, 2014
Aventures: Project Brief:

Very reasonable budget. Let's see what this does. But does 'carcass' include roofing?
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by segcymoor(m): 6:59am On Jul 19, 2014
cleric:
Very reasonable budget. Let's see what this does. But does 'carcass' include roofing?
If I may answer for him I will say yes. Carcass does include roofing .
.. over to you chief host
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by cleric(m): 7:07am On Jul 19, 2014
segcymoor:
If I may answer for him I will say yes. Carcass does include roofing .
.. over to you chief host
Even more impressive. Thanks segcymoore for the reply. I will stay posted perhaps to ask very lame questions as I learn more but most importantly to learn from some honest builders here. I have been silently following some building threads and I must say that I was highly disappointed at the 'thiefery'.
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2014
cleric:
Even more impressive. Thanks segcymoore for the reply. I will stay posted perhaps to ask very lame questions as I learn more but most importantly to learn from some honest builders here. I have been silently following some building threads and I must say that I was highly disappointed at the 'thiefery'.
The budget is exclusive of the roof. We deliberately remove roofing because as at the time of working on this estimate we have not decided on the type of parapet we want to use ( as we are considering the latest parapet in town; aluminium parapet very light stylish and easy to fix) also the roof covering has not also being decided on. What we have is a budget to take the building to carcass to roof level and add flesh to it (block work). At the permission of my client i will post the stages actual cost at the completion of each stage, otherwise i will keep it to my self and disseminate on a special request.
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by cleric(m): 7:41am On Jul 19, 2014
Aventures: The budget is exclusive of the roof. We deliberately remove roofing because as at the time of working on this estimate we have not decided on the type of parapet we want to use ( as we are considering the latest parapet in town; aluminium parapet very light stylish and easy to fix) also the roof covering has not also being decided on. What we have is a budget to take the building to carcass to roof level and add flesh to it (block work). At the permission of my client i will post the stages actual cost at the completion of each stage, otherwise i will keep it to my self and disseminate on a special request.

Great! Thanks for the clarifications. How high was the ground beam used before you started using blocks? I would love to have the cost of the foundation (if client permits).
Overall, i must say it is a very tidy job. You have very good iron benders and bricklayers. Do you use same guys or source for workers in the area? I mean do you have a standard team or do you employ new hands at your various project sites?
Re: Construction Tread On 6 Units Of 2 B/rm Flat At Ikorodu: Reloaded by Aventures(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2014
cleric:
Great! Thanks for the clarifications. How high was the ground beam used before you started using blocks? I would love to have the cost of the foundation (if client permits).
Overall, i must say it is a very tidy job. You have very good iron benders and bricklayers. Do you same guys or source for workers in the area? I mean do you have a standard team or do you employ new hands at your various project sites?
I have sent the update on the foundation cost update to my client after perusing it i want to believe he will grant permission to publish, cos he actually encourage me to open the tread for people to learn as he had learn on NL and he is still learning. When we lost the tread due to the attack he also boosted my courage to reload.

I do not take up new hands to work for me as we have had bad experience doing this in the time past. Now we have teams of well known hand and they work for us anywhere we go as our key work men and we can only add few labour as the case may demand to work and get paid off.

Some of team worker doing the stuff they know best!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tips From A Property Lawyer About Renting & Sale Of Property Especially In Lagos / Estimate For Decking / LASG Arrests Developer Of Yaba Collapsed Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.