Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? (29521 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / What Aptly Describes Some Marriages Of Nowadays (see Pix) / What Makes Some Marriages Stand While Others Fall Apart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 12, 2014
justi4jesu:

Pissure of ur Seven digits or --- lipsrsealed tongue

Baby I sincerely have plenty money

Just be mine
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by priscaoge(f): 6:19am On Jul 12, 2014
Marriage is not a bed of Roses!
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by missdebs(f): 6:21am On Jul 12, 2014
even if d couples were friends b4 marriage, d law of diminishin return is inevitable...nothn lasts 4eva. Cherish your single days while it lasts

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by gunners160(m): 6:23am On Jul 12, 2014
Huh it all depend on the both couples.thisdays,most people go into marriages with the sole aim of jst getting a child and that's all.sori to say, religion to also has a role in this boringness they tel couples dnt do this, dnt do dat, dnt date a guy/lady jst pray and your partner wil fall 4rm heaven.to make matter worst some religion tels you how to Bleep your wife and hw she wil dress anythng outside pastor style is a sin. gosh! 2rndly, some men are just so egocentric they misinterpret the meaning of a "weaker vessel".they see it has some1 who has no say,who is weak and has nuthng to offer and this is wrong.3rdly,lack of initiative.the man continues doing dsame thng everyday. the woman too continues doing dsame thng everyday the both couples dnt try to bring in new ideas,new initiative etc go to work cum bck and thats all.no new things to introduce to the marriage or make the other partner eager to see.lastly,people see dating as jst 4 kids and after marriage dating is over.hel no,dating is a continous process and thats why most couples today prefer when they are dating than when they are married.couples should continue dating and this wil reduce the high rate of divorce. this points above are the main causes of boredom in marriages until this issues are addressed it wil continue

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by josite: 6:24am On Jul 12, 2014
busybody.u no get work,why dont u marry and make your own less boring.did we complain to you that our marriage is boring.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by usermane(m): 6:25am On Jul 12, 2014
I think excessive dating has plays a role. When you date a partner so much that you two cannot be differentiated from a couple, then tieing the nut only feel like a party. At this point, you have done everything with your partner, you have learnt everything about your partner, you 've had all the fun that should have been reserved for post matrimony. So everything feels old and repeated.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by fitzmayowa: 6:30am On Jul 12, 2014
banega:

bursted you dey keep space abi...grin
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by RANDY1: 6:34am On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 12, 2014
If you want a good marriage, you have to work at it! If you don’t, of course marriage will be boring ...The most successful marriages are those in which spouses are also best friends.Being in love is easy...It's an emotion that's central to the best marriages and relationships.But being in love is not enough...because when couples dont communicate;the marriage gets boring..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by lonelydora: 6:48am On Jul 12, 2014
Mine is not boring at all, mine is fun-filled on daily basis. I'm happy i am married.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 12, 2014
fitzmayowa:

bursted you dey keep space abi...grin
Loolx, my ba3 was low!! Had to be proactive cheesy ¤ ¤
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by volihove: 6:54am On Jul 12, 2014
Pls on this topic after ur welcomed comment , just let us know if ur married or ........ , if married hw long nw .thanks you all much ladies nd gents

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 12, 2014
Because people forget to remember how fiery and fierce they were when they started out. The attention given to the kids is just an excuse to cover up the boredom, "It's all for the kids anyway."

Marriage, these days shouldn't be used as a point of reference anywhere. I like the kind of marriages where my dad thought 'whooping' my mum's ass at 'ludo' was fun. Each with their teams and 'st Lois sugar boxes' as trophies. And there was no gadget then to keep them preoccupied. That kind, are the ones that knew marriage as marriage and not a title.

Bottom line, marriage these days are waassshhhh! Don't ever use it as a point of reference!! Or you won't marry right.

"Go and marry," they keep saying to the singles but Tufiakwa!!! God forbid one to marry into rubbish!!! That will be the beginning of the end!

*pardon the epistle* grin

20 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by iiichidodo: 7:00am On Jul 12, 2014
They weren't soulmates in the first place nor where they first loves....damn it, they could even not have been friends but acquaintances who just wanted to get together for the sole purpose of attainin a status which is being married and all......

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by RazziP(m): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2014
I think lack of friendship during their courtship or time to really understand each other well...thank you
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2014
_____

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 12, 2014
Lol.My marriage can't be boring o.Hian!For where?Couples needs to loosen up abeg,its not about the kids all the time.That's y its good to marry an extra ordinary character.Marry the opposite of what you are,or the combination of both worlds(introvert and extrovert).

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by monchouchou: 7:21am On Jul 12, 2014
dytbabe: Aproko
No go marry, dey dia dey visit un and down
Shior

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 12, 2014
shoefreak: Because people forget to remember how fiery and fierce they were when they started out. The attention given to the kids is just an excuse to cover up the boredom, "It's all for the kids anyway."

Marriage, these days shouldn't be used as a point of reference anywhere. I like the kind of marriages where my dad thought 'whooping' my mum's ass at 'ludo' was fun. Each with their teams and 'st Lois sugar boxes' as trophies. And there was no gadget then to keep them preoccupied. That kind, are the ones that knew marriage as marriage and not a title.

Bottom line, marriage these days are waassshhhh! Don't ever use it as a point of reference!! Or you won't marry right.

"Go and marry," they keep saying to the singles but Tufiakwa!!! God forbid one to marry into rubbish!!! That will be the beginning of the end!

*pardon the epistle* grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by ogawisdom(m): 7:25am On Jul 12, 2014
Did they tell u dt they r bored, wat is boring to u may b fun to d couples in question. Wat is boring is individual specific
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by segcymoor(m): 7:26am On Jul 12, 2014
ogawisdom: Did they tell u dt they r bored, wat is boring to u may b fun to d couples in question. Wat is boring is individual specific
correct
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Skipfr(m): 7:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Seems u are a small boy. Wen u get dere u wil know y its lik dat. Nor b eyes wen we tak eat eba we go tak share meat u hear
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Domwiz4all(m): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2014
Marriage won't be boring if you marry your best friend. Have seen few couples who were married for over 30 years yet behave as if de were just starting dia honeymoon.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Bigcake: 7:30am On Jul 12, 2014
Op, ntokeyen ema etonghor ukung itid at a very tender age, afor akere abo ke itid abi badie ke ema edor ndor? Ana itid asiagha mmong nangha. But the best way out is to take ur wife as ur friend.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Moiking(m): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2014
angry
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 12, 2014
As a man once you get married your priority's will change from playing with your wife to making sure you give your children a bright future and make sure your family never lacks. You add extra to your hustle unless ya papa na dangote and na u be only son .

As a woman once married and the kids starts coming your priority will change from everything including your husband and looking beautiful to your children, 97% of your attention will be taken by the children while 2% by the things in the family and 1% to your husband.

There is a lady I used to know, she is an epitome of beauty and she can leave her house to go outside with an undone hair, she got married last year and I saw her on monday walking on the road with a tattered hair, I had to stop and ask her bia uloma, this one u carry undone hair dey waka for road for de first time since I knew u, she said abeg boss no be dis hair be my problem now. I had to laugh and I knew money wasn't the problem for her, she is hard working and married a well doing guy it is just that her priority is no longer abt herself but now her child, that's why lots of mothers will wear rag to pay their children's fees and cloth them with a better cloth. Oh God bless every Good mother

That's a typical African family for you.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 12, 2014
Hahaha. Shey I lie ni? grin They forget na! Maybe overcome by other challenges but isn't it the same job and the same persons? With the kids it should even be much more fun!!

They go tap, tap on their phones in each other's presence. Hian!!! I will throw that phone inside water ni!!! grin or, you just chat with her/him if he seem engrossed.

"Hey handsome! I'm Kristin."
**he'll be look up from d phone and be like...'are you high' grin

"You looking all cute like glazed strawberry and I wanna lick you..." and d kids will be like...why r our parents looking all funny with d giggles... wink

The convo go start then faa... common! spice the thing up jare!

[quote author=lynpetra][/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2014
gboss4sure: As a man once you get married youur prioritys will change from playing with your wife to making sure you give your children a bright future and make sure your family never lacks. You add extra to your hustle unless ya papa na dangote and na u be only son .

As a woman once married and the kids starts coming your priority will change from everything including your husband and looking beautiful to your children, 97% of your attention will be taken by the children while 2% by the things in the family and 1% to your husband.

There is a lady I used to know, she is an epitome of beauty and she can leave her house to go outside with an undone hair, she got married last year and I saw her on monday walking on the road with a tattered hair, I had to stop and ask her Lbia uloma, this one u carry undone hair dey waka for road for de first time since I knew u, she said abeg boss no be dis hair be my problem now. I had to laugh and I knew money wasn't the problem for her, she is hard working and married a well doing guy it is just that her priority is no longer abt herself but now her child, that's why lots of mothers will wear rag to pay their childrens fees and cloth them with a better cloth. Oh God bless every Good mother

That's a typical african family for you.

That's not an excuse to look tattered.She lacks good Time Management.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Youngzedd(m): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2014
Good observation.

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2014
shoefreak: Hahaha. Shey I lie ni? grin They forget na! Maybe overcome by other challenges but isn't it the same job and the same persons? With the kids it should even be much more fun!!

Yes na.My neighbour is a bank manager with 4 kids,no househelp,yet this woman knows how to manage her time like WTF!!!!Always up and doing!If you see where her and her kids with husband dey dance for stadium during Saturday exercise,you go understand say na woman wey know her responsibilities.The family is well organised.Her husband is the quite type and always travelling,when he us around,they make berbecue,drink wine with the kids and sometimes he taps her on her bombom. cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by SporaD8: 7:39am On Jul 12, 2014
...but wait Op! are you sure the couples are not enjoying their boredom?!
What appear as boring to you(sacrifices in most case) might actually be the cord of affection that bind the couples together!
Since you weren't there when they were laying the foundation of their marriage, please don't let your minutes of personal observation be a stumbling block to what others have labour diligently to built over many years. shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos / Dealing With A Snoring Partner / My Divorce Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.