Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? (29520 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / What Aptly Describes Some Marriages Of Nowadays (see Pix) / What Makes Some Marriages Stand While Others Fall Apart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 12, 2014
No mind him. Something changed alright, like I said, "its all for my kids ooo." d excuse of life!!! So na the kid say make she no do hair abi? And isn't it fun to even take the kids with her to get the hair done? Kids find It fun and drag oga too sef, pamper him with a pedi while you get your hair done.

Good mothers doesn't mean being bad wives oo. E supposed balance.
lynpetra:

That's not an excuse to look tattered.She lacks good time management.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Correct!!

Me sef go tap fa, if he tap na. People go just dey ogle. Lame a$$ excuses dem dey give.
lynpetra:

Yes na.My neighbour is a bank manager with 4 kids,no househelp,yet this woman knows how to manage her time like WTF!!!!Always up and doing!If you see where her and her kids with husband dey dance for stadium during Saturday exercise,you go understand say na woman wey know her responsibilities.The family is well organised.Her husband is the quite type and always travelling,when he us around,they make berbecue,drink wine with the kids and sometimes he taps her on her bombom. cheesy grin
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by lwise(m): 7:49am On Jul 12, 2014
@OP please I'm begging you, don't conclude like that please. Marriage is the best thing that can happen to a man or woman.
My marriage is so so enjoyable with a lot of fun,I really mean fun not only seex.
I got married to my best friend, my girl friend, my love n my all in all.
Let me tell you something, what makes most marriages boring is because the partners don't get to know each other very well before marriage.
Knowing each other means spending a lot of time together at least 40hrs a week not necessarily having sex.
You love the guy you want to get married to,fine but is he your friend. Is he the type you can tap his head while chatting like a friend. Is he the type you can engage in rough plays for hours when there is no light and both of you are not feeling like having sex.

When we talk about compatibility its not only being able to raise kid and having a bright future.
Is he or she your friend, we all know how friends behave.

Before I was married, there was a day I went to my neighbours house just to see them about something. After few minutes of discussions which was so boring next thing was that everyone was just watching the TV as if it was the most important thing in the house.The husband and wife were sitting very far apart.I can see how bored the woman was,I feel how unhappy she is.I was just praying that the football match should end so that I can leave.
I now see the reason why the woman prefers spending most time with us anytime her husband is not around.

Golden advise

Marry your best friend and you will never regret it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2014
shoefreak: No mind him. Something changed alright, like I said, "its all for my kids ooo." d excuse of life!!! So na the kid say make she no do hair abi? And isn't it fun to even take the kids with her to get the hair done? Kids find It fun and drag oga too sef, pamper him with a pedi while you get your hair done.

Good mothers doesn't mean being bad wives oo. E supposed balance.

Abi the kids no dey go school?
The problem is this,Some Nigerian women relax after marriage.They become lazy and carefree.They adore very bad time management.They don't have good knowledge of budgeting!I remembered those days when my mom goes to market once a month!There is always food at home to eat.We had Time-table for who does chores and what chores to do placed in the kitchen.Everybody knows their chores and so there is enough time to play ludo with her,or she Jist of stories during war times .I remember it was so much fun cos dad will tell us about several experiences.We go dey pray make the story no finish.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2014

I hav stayed with three different couples in d course of travelling around some naija cities. And I noticed 3 tins abt dem
Shebi you see your life? Solo Makinde gbeborun oshi ni é! That's why it is never a good idea to admit people into one's home for any length of time. All they will do is spend time "noticing" what they think is 'wrong' with your life and broadcasting their yeye 'noticement' to the outside world. Na from there 'see finish' dey start.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by unmask: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2014
before getting married, confim that your spouse is not aversed to the following

1. pranking people
2. having s.e.xx at the car lot of the mall on a busy saturday evening
3. dancing
4. video games
5. football
6. lying
7. exercising
8. wearing skimpy dresses in the house (wrapper is a no no)
9. skipping religious gathering to catch fun
10. laughing

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by unmask: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2014
pro01:
Shebi you see your life? [/]Solo Makinde[/i] gbeborun oshi ni é! That's why it is never a good idea to admit people into one's home for any length of time. All they will do is spend time "observing" what they think is 'wrong' with your life and broadcasting their yeye observations to the outside world. Na from there 'see finish' dey start.

mr know all, pray tell us the names of the couples he is broadcasting?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by mindworx: 7:56am On Jul 12, 2014
Yoney007: Couples gets too familiar with themselves to reinvent, respice and redecorate themselves. They unknowingly stop doing the things that trips their partner thinking they have "arrived" especially women.

Very good points in bold, but its both parties, not 'especially women'. When was the last time he woke her up with a kiss or carried her from the living room to the bed.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 12, 2014
unmask: mr know all, pray tell us the names of the couples he is broadcasting?
Mr. Man face front.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by kabba7(m): 7:58am On Jul 12, 2014
Bottom line marry your friend only him/her can give you that kick that exited you that daily dose of kicks .that can last for ever .sex ,money will not .
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2014
The idea of couples sleeping together only in their matrimonial bed baffles me.It's so boring!Couples shud also learn to eat their dinner in restaurants sometimes.I don't see my sef doing that for the rest of my life when I am married.Every new hotel in town,na me and my husband go be the first guest grin cheesy cheesy.Make I hear say I no give am Mouth Action for the hotel pool as he downs his liquor,with a coded face. grin cheesy cheesy.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by emmabest2000(m): 8:05am On Jul 12, 2014
obongproff: Yes!

Why are some marriages so boring? Why do some couples live like room mates and odas like next-door neighbours?

I've been observing couples for a while and d few I've observed all had one tin in common - dia marriage was boring.

Am talking about my own definition of boring which is d lack of excitement, enthusiasm, adventure, spontaneity, fun, and lafta. Most marriages I know lack these.

I hav some married friends and I hav stayed with three different couples in d course of travelling around some naija cities. And I noticed 3 tins abt dem -
1. Dia marriage hav become monotonous.
2. Day hardly play together as a couple.
3. Dia kids hav become more important dan dia spouse.
Dont get me wrong. Am not saying dia marriage is bad. Day are both good people. Peaceful couple. But its so boring. I spend two days with a couple and am already immersed in boredom. To me boredom has an odour, I can smell it on some couples. Just d way u can smell d nice aroma love on two people who are in love with each oda. Its always in dia eyes and dia countenance.

Am beginning to tink dat dating is more interesting dan marriage, and dat being single is more enjoyable dan being married. I mean, u can hardly see a marriage u wd like to model afta dis days. Yet dis same guys are encouraging us single guys to get married. And if u choose to hav a chat with one of dem u'd hear dem say crap like 'Oh boy! Marriage is not easy oh!' and if I say I no go marry again, dem go say 'Oh boy! Ur not responsible'.

Iyanmi! Nsido!

Why are most marriages so boring? Is it dat d fire just naturally fizzles out over time, unto law of diminishing returns? Or is it dat once kids start coming in everytin changes (cos dis is usually d case)? Is it family responsibility dat kills all d fun? Or is it dat most people just enjoy monotony? Or maybe my definition of boring is not d same as dias?

I wd rily appreciate some ansa plz. Tanx a million guys.wink
op face your work ooo ..
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Mmaria: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2014
Mine is not boring.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by yemfash: 8:13am On Jul 12, 2014
Hum what u said is rigth am tried of my marriage. because is so boring
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Safari29: 8:19am On Jul 12, 2014
hmmmmm.
All of you saying marry your best friend. Some guys like me don't have platonic girl friends? ere kinni aja mbekun se? ?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Pque(m): 8:22am On Jul 12, 2014
sauer: The best reason I can imagine is that people often marry not because they want to spend forever time with a woman they are complete friends with, but because they want kids. You'll observe the monotony sets in when kids arrive. If no kids are forthcoming, they'd probably be going crazy anyways.

Solution: marry your best friend who you really want to be with for the rest of your life because you love and admire her/him. Not because of some kids.

where will one see such companion. Wel, have a lady friend who is very close to me but my feelings for her is just on real friendship level and never sexual. I never for 1 second think of dating her but she is a real close friend
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by JimloveTM(m): 8:24am On Jul 12, 2014
No real Love or compatibility. If there is real love, you cannot stay without looking for ways to keep the other happy and create fun. Marry your friend not a stranger nor because of beauty. If you marry your friend, there will always be a reason to play
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by mployer(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2014
I have seen lots of interesting marriages,don't know what the op is saying.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Sarcasm01: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2014
Eidosky: Bro it's alarming, am also scared of it.
I don't want to marry.. I will keep dating till I die Abeg.
If I get bored of the lady, I'd just leave peacefully
..... Stupid says
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Maximus17(m): 8:36am On Jul 12, 2014
Understand these things, Variety is the spice of life, when you guys stop doing new things, re invent interesting activities,and allow financial problem overshadow your love/commitment, boredom may set in...if you continuously do what you've being doing for the past 10yrs u've been married, how would it be fun?...Shy couples surprise me and our so called over 'religious' men and women, the sound of romance or latest styles of having mindblowing sex sounds 'sinful' to them forgetting that one of the purposes of marriage involves satisfying your partner..To be Frank and saying without any form of sentimentality,its hard to see a christian marriage that is fortified with fun,its just there, and do not misconstrue me, being romantic to your partner does not make you less of a religious person buh strenghtens the love and bond subsisting between you two and this consequently leads to a nourished spiritual life! May God help us catch the right fishes! Divorce rate has been on the increase lately

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by volihove: 8:40am On Jul 12, 2014
Bunch of single talking shit they knw nothing about. Floating tots
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by whitedove1: 8:40am On Jul 12, 2014
yemfash: Hum what u said is rigth am tried of my marriage. because is so boring

take a trip together . Your body needs adventurous sex. Plus it helps you bond more.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2014
hmmm.its true sha..and all i know is that's if there is no money no job or good job for them or using of charm to get the girlsmiley.there won't be real peace
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2014
Abi. It's just easy to blame the widening space on the kids. Thts just wrong.
lynpetra:

Abi the kids no dey go school?
The problem is this,Some Nigerian women relax after marriage.They become lazy and carefree.They adore very bad time management.They don't have good knowledge of budgeting!I remembered those days when my mom goes to market once a month!There is always food at home to eat.We had Time-table for who does chores and what chores to do placed in the kitchen.Everybody knows their chores and so there is enough time to play ludo with her,or she Jist of stories during war times .I remember it was so much fun cos dad will tell us about several experiences.We go dey pray make the story no finish.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by JoeCutie(m): 8:42am On Jul 12, 2014
It depends on what foundation they built their 'love' on in the first place. The best relationship/marriage is one that's built on the foundation of friendship. If someone is attracted to you merely for their physical looks, you'd have only one thing in mind...FUN. When you finally get caged & get married to them, you'd have fun, have fun & have fun again. But you know what? You'd eventually get tired of having fun, and when this happens, the fun of the marriage fades away, just cos you built the so called 'love' on fun (because your partner is attractive - sexy, hot, bangable etc), and not on friendship. Once a friend (real friend), is always a friend. Love built on the foundation of 'friendship' never dies, no matter what happens; even if you guys seperate.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Karleb(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2014
Why won't it be boring when all the ladies care about is 'owo obe'.
undecided
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Um? Nigerian marriages are hell chai!!! Most couples are just together because they dont want the stigma of divorce in society. Reasons why Nigerian marriages are boring..
1... Nigerians make having children a priority in marriages, when they date it's all about them but when they get married they dont take time to adjust to their new lives as a married couple and they just start shooting out babies. Soon they neglect each other to look after the babies. In 5 yrs time they'll start ranting of how "fed up" they are and how they're just gonna stay for the sake of the kids.
2....Nigerians don't know how to mind their own business, Marriage is not for everyone, some ppl just dont have it in them to cut all ties and settle down but society ensures that they pressure these kind of ppl just well enough to get them to marry just so they can say they fu.ck1ng did it and this is how they'll find a sacrificial lamb who will never be able to keep them happy and over time, they'll both be stuck in an extremely unhappy marriage.
3....SEXI5M in Nigeria: THIS IS THE BEDROCK OF ALL BEDROCKS THAT RUIN NIGERIAN MARRIAGES AND WE'RE STILL PRETENDING IN THIS 2014 IT'S NOT EVEN AN ISSUE. Whether you believe it or not, "nna anyi syndrome" is ruining the hell out of us. most nigerian women are married to someone who perceives them as beneath them. most nigerian men are domestically very lazy. They cant help with any house work cos they"re "THE HEAD OF THE HOUSE" so what exactly does the head of the house do? sit around and fart? The average nigerian woman works and earns and contributes to the family and still comes home to clean up and feed a grown man who was home hours before she came back but couldn't do anything to help out cos that's the way he was raised, to sit back, be a liability and do absolutely nothing and wait for food to be served. Marriage in Nigeria is like glorified slavery. If you hear nigerian men describing their dream wives, she must be fine, can cook, iron, clean and wash. If you want to establish your self as "LORD and MASTER" get a maid not a wife. A happy home can NEVER have an unhappy wife, most nigerian wives are miserable, stressed and overworked, how can i keep you happy if i'm unhappy myself?

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2014
OP.. and who are you to complain about somebody's marriage ?... Like seriously! What do you mean by 'their marriage is boring'?

Park well! It's not your place to discuss whose marriage is boring. (Unless one of the couples complained of boredom to you)

Imagine that you visited a couple for two days and they are quiet people that enjoy chilling at home.. because they ain't partying, spanking eachother's ass, laughing out very loud and running around the house like kids... you picked up your phone to create a thread.

*This why I don't like single people 'visiting' me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by brask(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2014
I thank God for my marriage.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 12, 2014
may you live in interesting times

ancient chinese curse

thats all that needs to be said on 'boring' marriages
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Karleb(m): 8:50am On Jul 12, 2014
lynpetra: The idea of couples sleeping together only in their matrimonial bed baffles me.It's so boring!Couples shud also learn to eat their dinner in restaurants sometimes.I don't see my sef doing that for the rest of my life when I am married.Every new hotel in town,na me and my husband go be the first guest grin cheesy cheesy.Make I hear say I no give am Mouth Action for the hotel pool as he downs his liquor,with a coded face. grin cheesy cheesy.

Hope you're this perverted in real life. wink

'cos me think I'm liking you already. tongue

So so adventurous. cool
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by volihove: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2014
Sombdy once said your bestfriend is your. Worst enemy,

Another said there is no friend

And another said trust no one, now. My question is

Where the friend I want marry wen we are all backstabing ourselfs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos / Dealing With A Snoring Partner / My Divorce Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.