Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (55187 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by lancee(m): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
spyder880:

Your command of Igbo language is very impressive, cheesy
We carefully improved on the last nob. This is another Togolese worker of mine showing his skills. Thank you.

Like this building , nice job
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
spyder880:

Your command of Igbo language is very impressive, cheesy
We carefully improved on the last nob. This is another Togolese worker of mine showing his skills. Thank you.

Chairman, Make inobi say u dey tease my written Igbo o grin
Cos It’s been quite awhile I didn’t have any cause to write in Igbo as I have to either write in Dutch or English. On a serious note, those Togolese boys are a treasure to be guarded jealously. Make sure your competitors don’t set their eyes on them o.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Heart2heart(m): 8:42am On Oct 06, 2014
oga spyder, please do you advice i fill a land with a slope of 3000mm level variance from the highest point to the lowest? This land slopes backwards to the fence of my neighbor. Can i get this land back to a flat land or i need to accomodate the slopping in by stepping or by adding underground (i hate undergrounds, it is an option i dnt want at all). I desire a flat land. Please advice me on what i can do. Lastly, if i fill the land to level it, it would rest on the fence of my neighbor; do u advice me to fortifiy the fence by doubling it (extra reinforcement) to hold the filled sad? i fear it may push the fence down. i am not sure. just advice me spyder.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by chelseabmw(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Still In Class grin
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
I beg all of you asking oga Spyder to post the amount spent so far to let it be, am one of those who don't comment but so so enjoying the tread and learning, una see now oga frequent again like before, he will let us know the amount if he so wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by gen2briz(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2014
I beg na where our class teacher go, I no even see class captain. But Sha I no go leave this class until I learn finish.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
We are still working on the burglary proof and windows of this house, may be ready for installation tomorrow.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Meringe(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
spyder880:
We are still working on the burglary proof and windows of this house, may be ready for installation tomorrow.
well done bro. nice one.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by abdulwastecx(m): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
ayobase:

just going through this thread tonight.....an eye opener it is.

my questions as a layman;

1. why did you dig out EVERY of the foundation of a structure (toilets, rooms, kitchen, dining, ......) when you knew that you are gonna cover the whole up with "DCP" later on....... its just like when erecting structures on deck (no foundation needed)

answer: for bungalows, the wall are load bearing structural element. depending on the roof type, any part of the building that will carry load from the roof should project to the foundation level. most time toilets, dining partions wall are not necessarily load bearers and hence don't need to project to the foundation.
sometimes, since the roof truss is a type where inter beams rest directly on the block, it may need to projecy to the foundation level.

2. When erecting the "semi-raft", wouldnt you have have saved more money attending to the perimter only instead of the whole area
Making it (semi-raft) taller around the perimeter would have still stopped the water from flooding the foundation dug.

3. When is "nylon" required to be used on a building?

answer: Nylon is required to prevent capillary rise from the wet soil below the foundation into the partitions wall. This rise causes wetness of wall after sometimes and this may leads to pilling off of paints or other finishes material. in summery it destroyed the aesthetic of the house.

4. Why the reinforced concrete on the semi-raft (foundation) before setting ur blocks?

Would have saved more money there.

Kudos, I rate this thread 5★.

do u have contacts in Niger State......Minna to be precise.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by ayobase(m): 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=abdulwastecx post=26967311][/quote]

thanks.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
Thank God our oga is back
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
We now have windows here grin

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
Cream coloured aluminium frames, green tinted reflective glass,

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
spyder880:
Total cost so far?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Total cost so far?

Oga wait na, calculations still plenty grin

Meanwhile we have completed the burglary proof. Ready to install.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
spyder880:

Oga wait na, calculations still plenty grin

Meanwhile we have completed the burglary proof. Ready to install.

Great work
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Great work

Thank you Sir.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 12:37am On Oct 19, 2014
spyder880:
Very good
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 1:19am On Oct 19, 2014
spyder880:

Looking real nice.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by DRealGeesam(m): 8:56am On Oct 19, 2014
Now following. Really learnt a lot. More grace to you Spyder.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by DRealGeesam(m): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Total cost so far?
Cant wait to know this too.
Tho i am sure the cost wld be a bit over the budget, cos of the water palaver Spyder had to deal with. Spyder has really gained my respect.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Niiade(m): 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
wonderful job by God's grace next year I will start my own project. I want something just like this.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Cant wait to know this too.
Tho i am sure the cost wld be a bit over the budget, cos of the water palaver Spyder had to deal with. Spyder has really gained my respect.
He has gained the respect of all of us, thank God this tread is not dead

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
spyder880:
Cream coloured aluminium frames, green tinted reflective glass,
Nice windows, very beautiful. Oga spyder i have seen window where the burglary proof is attached to it , would that not be better and modern
just asking forgive my lack of knowledge
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by gen2briz(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
Weldone boss.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
jerryunit48:

Nice windows, very beautiful. Oga spyder i have seen window where the burglary proof is attached to it , would that not be better and modern
just asking forgive my lack of knowledge

It's just a matter of choice, one is not better than the other. Some people prefer classic to modern.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by piittoo1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2014
Mr sypder. I have being following your building projects and I can see your doing a very good job and mostly on an Affordable rate.
I actually have an upcoming project which I want u to handle for me. Can u give me the quotations here or better can I have your phone number so I can call u on the phone and talk about it. Its actually going to be in Umuahia in Abia state. Thanks mr pito
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
piittoo1:
Mr sypder. I have being following your building projects and I can see your doing a very good job and mostly on an Affordable rate.
I actually have an upcoming project which I want u to handle for me. Can u give me the quotations here or better can I have your phone number so I can call u on the phone and talk about it. Its actually going to be in Umuahia in Abia state. Thanks mr pito

Welcome Mr Pito, I can work in Umuahia. You can call me on 08033350750 or send me an email to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
mufutau55:

It's just a matter of choice, one is not better than the other. Some people prefer classic to modern.

Hajji M.

Thank you very much for your respond Hajji M. By the way you are my hero here on property section , each time am looking for any tread I just click on your name and it will come out , may the Almighty continue to give you the strength to continue moderating
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
jerryunit48:

Thank you very much for your respond Hajji M. By the way you are my hero here on property section , each time am looking for any tread I just click on your name and it will come out , may the Almighty continue to give you the strength to continue moderating.

Thank you sir. And thanks to Oga Spyder and all the other Professionals who are willing to teach and educate us all.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by coldgate(f): 11:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
Kudos to Oga Spyder, the house prefect, Hajji M and my fellow classmates.
Following keenly. Can't wait to see the finished product. Kudos.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by piittoo1(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2014
OGA its me pito again. Thanks for the email I have just sent an email to you. Can you pleased check and reply me soonest. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed. / Imported Exterior & Interior Doors Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.