Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (55026 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Parosho(m): 12:09am On Mar 03, 2015
thebizkid:

okay, do you have anyone you can recommend to me? am a novice in this and this my first time trying to embark on this project. I just want someone I can trust and as honest and cost efficient as you.

Thanks

I think you can also try a guy called "segzy14" in this property section. You can go through some of his threads in order to get properly informed youself.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by thebizkid: 5:53am On Mar 03, 2015
Parosho:

I think you can also try a guy called "segzy14" in this property section. You can go through some of his threads in order to get properly informed youself.

thanks bro..i'm already in contact with segzy14
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
thebizkid:

thanks bro..i'm already in contact with segzy14

I have replied your chat bro.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by thebizkid: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
segzy14:

I have replied your chat bro.

yeah you did and you'll be hearing from me soon in regards to what we discussed. Thanks for your professionalism
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 04, 2015
thebizkid:

yeah you did and you'll be hearing from me soon in regards to what we discussed. Thanks for your professionalism

but you did not reply me as per the design.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by thebizkid: 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
segzy14:

but you did not reply me as per the design.

Yeah on bbm
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
thebizkid:

Yeah on bbm

oh ok.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by philadelphia082: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
spyder880

is it better to plaster a building first before fixing of doors, windows and ceiling.

kindly advise
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by FastShipping: 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
philadelphia082:
spyder880

is it better to plaster a building first before fixing of doors, windows and ceiling.

kindly advise
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
philadelphia082:
spyder880

kindly advise

Yes, its much better to complete the plastering work before any other works like doors and windows. Plastering is a stage of the work and when mixed with other aspects of finishes, might confuse the whole process.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by FastShipping: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
spyder880:

Yes, its much better to complete the plastering work before any other works like doors and windows. Plastering is a stage of the work and when mixed with other aspects of finishes, might confuse the whole process.

I have read many times on this forum that it is better to install the windows before plastering.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
FastShipping:

I have read many times on this forum that it is better to install the windows before plastering.

I will like to know why too.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Oludulicious: 11:11am On May 20, 2015
ekoibile:

So far, the structure of this Bungalow is not looking bad. This is for those who says I critique unfairly. Meanwhile, I’ll keep my fingers crossed while the foundation keep settling.

However, the single rooms self contain you built beside it took the shine off it. I guess that building must have gulped over 7 million Naira, and has gone down on record as the worst constructed structure on Nairaland. Infact, no poor workmanship in the property section could compare with it. I'll love to see the updates on it as I did offer solutions to some of the damages.

As regards my take on the cost of this particular 2 Bed Bungalow, I believe the 2.1 Million spent so far should have at least covered the ceiling and plumbing of this small house. Afterall, basic PVC ceiling of 80K and plumbing 60K (the whole materials and labor) should do the trick except the owner wants something more special.. My two pence worth though.

Ekoibile or what do you call yourself, you are just a bitter hater. It's obvious you are jealous of spyder880 for all the accolades he is getting on this forum. The fact that you even made reference to another thread on this very thread confirms you are just hating and I'm glad Spyder880 ignored your senseless rantings. You claim to be a professional, yet no one has seen a single project you have handled. Show us on this forum a project you have started and completed, with pictorial evidences, or you just shut your traps. Stupid hater!

spyder 880, thanks for what you are doing on this forum, you have really been of help.

5 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Norrah(f): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Homes available for sale at Casavilla Estate. Pay 1.5 Million and Move into your OWN HOME!!! Pay the balance of N5m over 5-10 years! Just 100 Units available in this batch!! See prototype below!

The type of HOME available are 3 bedroom semi detached bungalows, all rooms ensuite with finishing including POP CEILINGS, FLOOR TILES, etc (find prototypes below). This goes for N6.5m but when you pay N1.5m (Instalmental payment available), you move in and pay balance over 5-10yrs. (Call or email us for more details.)

We also offer for sale, plots of land at a discounted price of ₦1.5m (Instalmental payment available). Buy a plot and get a loan of up to ₦5m-₦15m to build at 6% interest rate and repay in 10-25yrs.

How does this work?
1.Call or email us to schedule inspection or for more information.
2. Pay for your plot(s) outright or using our budget friendly instalment plans
3. As soon as we receive your first instalment, we open a free cooperative savings account on your behalf and pay your minimum monthly deposit to your cooperative account for one year at no extra cost to you.
3. We also help you open a free National Housing Fund account with Federal Mortgage Bank or link your existing NHF account with our partner mortgage bank, so you can access your loan to build!
4. We will work with you to ensure all necessary documents are processed.

Casavilla estate, located in a fast developing area of Magboro, Ogun state, was conceived with comfort, class and ambiance in mind. Upon completion, the estate, will provide recreational areas, green areas, walk ways, good road networks, water drainage system, electrification, commercial areas and 24hours security. These facilities are professionally planned and developed, to help you live the quality life that you deserve.

All plots and houses in Casavilla Estate are authentic, legally documented, and come with a global c of o, letter of allocation, deed of assignment and an approved survey and estate lay out plan and also, you have no fear of harassment from omoniles.

This Offer is brought to you by Casafina Cooperative Multipurpose Society, in partnership with Tavern Development Company LTD and AG Homes Mortgage Bank.

To locate Casavilla estate, turn off Lagos Ibadan express way, before Mountain of Fire, into the road with a 'welcome to Magboro' sign post (on the right side if you're coming from Berger). Turn under the bridge and enter the main Magboro road, turn left at gas line junction and drive down gas line road until you get to Casavilla Estate. Generally, its about 10-12 minute drive from the express.

This offer is available for a limited time. So start calling now!

Contact us via

Phone Numbers: Nora (09080702018), Seyi (07015311431, 08082183471)
Office Address: Casafina Cooperative Multipurpose Society, 2b Oyetola street, off Ajanaku street, off Salvation road, Opebi, Ikeja Lagos.
Email: infocasafinacooperative.org, norao@casafinacooperative.org

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 16, 2016
spyder880:
More work going on here as we bring in the carpenters to start framing the foundation for a good DPC.

My Chairman, I am pouring over this foundation but I do not see the plastic DPC used here. The reason I ask is that we know that there is water near the foundation.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by stevedre: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
Fhemmmy:
Now back to the thread, would it be deemed a sexist comment if i say, it hurts my heart to see women doing those kinda hard job . . . I am sorry ahead of comments cos i am sure some people will crucify me, when i see them, i imagine if that is my mother, sister or wife . . . cry cry

GOD bless ur heart, used to to feel/think this way before,then i realised this women live longer than most Nigerian women because they are exercising and most importantly they enjoy what they are doing. They cook together, eat together and also have a very strong union and as for the snakes im sure they have years of farming experience on how to tackle obstacles like that. My aunt is in her late 70s and she still goes to farm, she fell sick when she travelled abroad to stay with my uncle but regained strength soon as she came back to village. Its hard to see lagos/city women do such but its a common thing in vilages( especially the in the east).

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Chekitaut: 1:09am On Jul 02, 2016
We regret to announce another increase in price of Granite and others.
With the present increase of petroleum product(Diesel) used majorly within Quarries and Haulage services

New Price
Granite all Sizes @ N2,500/ton
Stone Dust @ N700/ton

Transportation varies by location Call

Like our Page: https://www.facebook.com/1stGranite
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyroxy1(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Nice thread
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Aadeyinka(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
spyder880:
Ladies and gentlemen, we are going to build a unit of 2 bedroom bungalow near our previous project. This project aims to provide information and guidance on the best ways to build low cost housing. The details of the project are;

Project: Construction of a 2 bedroom fully detached bungalow.
Client: A Nairalander
Contractor: Tigerkenn Nig LTD.
Duration: 60 days.
Budget: N2.5m

This building is planned to be nicely finished, plastering, doors, windows and tiles. Watch out as we mobilize to site tomorrow.
with nigeria costly things nowadays and the price qouted, are u sure it will not be uses of inferior materials for the project ?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Aadeyinka:
with nigeria costly things nowadays and the price qouted, are u sure it will not be uses of inferior materials for the project ?

That project was in 2014, why are you comparing it to this nowadays, and talking about inferior materials...
Of course it will be a different cost now.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Chekitaut: 2:50am On Aug 01, 2016
From August 1st, 2016
Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Banana Island, Lekki - Ajah(Round about)
OFFER while STOCK last
Buy 30tons GRANITE + 30tons Stone dust @ N220,000

Granite Booking
Call: 08055545355, 08032887233
Text: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08098055224, 08025392565.
Whatsapp: 08055545355, 08032887233
BBM Pin: 2BF3D3FE
Email: info.chekitaut@gmail.com

Our Buy 60tons Granite get 30tons Stone dust FREE still available

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.