Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (55198 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
NL1960:

My Papa talk say 'wetin no dey talk, no dey get sense pass person i.e. what does not talk cannot be more sensible than a person'. cool
I can imagine the impact the saying has had on his children.
Wise Papa
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
mufutau55:

I think my Papa and your Papa are brothers.. smiley Mine always says the same thing. I think it's an old Yoruba proverb.

Hajji M.
Chief Mufutau, this is a very useful African proverb, a goading stick for all age groups, especially for very young people.
I'm not well versed in Igbo proverbs, but i'm sure we've got proverbs that relays same message.
May be Oga Spyder can help me with one smiley?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by NL1960: 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
mufutau55:

I think my Papa and your Papa are brothers.. smiley Mine always says the same thing. I think it's an old Yoruba proverb.

Hajji M.

Yes ke. Na Adam and Eve born the two of them now. grin
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
kostadinis:
Chief Mufutau, this is a very useful African proverb, a goading stick for all age groups, especially for very young people.
I'm not well versed in Igbo proverbs, but i'm sure we've got proverbs that relays same message.
May be Oga Spyder can help me with one smiley?

I will be back after searching my book of local proverbs grin

princeonx:
Chairman Spyder, is the N2.5m estimated budget with a raft foundation in mind? Why 2 bedrooms though? Why didn't your client add just one more room to make it a (full basic house) 3 bedrooms at least? I am not a big fan of 2 bedrooms houses especially as the main project! BQ? yes!
Also, does that price cover doors, windows, protectors, tiles, and painting?

Yes the amount was adjusted to N2.6m, extra N100k to tackle the raft foundation. We are hoping to complete the house with doors windows, roofing, PVC, electrical wires, tiles etc. I know it will be tough to get it finished at this price but we are giving it a try first.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by princeonx: 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
spyder880:

I will be back after searching my book of local proverbs grin

Yes the amount was adjusted to N2.6m, extra N100k to tackle the raft foundation. We are hoping to complete the house with doors windows, roofing, PVC, electrical wires, tiles etc. I know it will be tough to get it finished at this price but we are giving it a try first.
Ok! I just don't know why I feel its hassle or punishment going through all this to build such a small house. Personally I might for a bigger house but for a two bedrooms? I don't think so!
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by vivienbabe(f): 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
princeonx:
Chairman Spyder, is the N2.5m estimated budget with a raft foundation in mind? Why 2 bedrooms though? Why didn't your client add just one more room to make it a (full basic house) 3 bedrooms at least? I am not a big fan of 2 bedrooms houses especially as the main project! BQ? yes!
Also, does that price cover doors, windows, protectors, tiles, and painting?
princeonx:
Ok! I just don't know why I feel its hassle or punishment going through all this to build such a small house. Personally I might for a bigger house but for a two bedrooms? I don't think so!
Your feeling, i am sorry, has given you out as a very wicked fellow. Since when did it become a "punishment" for the Nigerian builder to build a 2 bedroom Bungalow? This is new to me oh! Nairaland property section is filled with 2 Bedroom bungalows for sale and with builders bidding to build for people. Even the last time i checked, the federal government is rolling out mortgage financing for thousands of 2 and 3 bedroom Bungalows.

I doubt you sleep and wake up from naija. If u do, you would have known that majority of Nigerians cannot afford a self-contain let alone a 2 bedroom flat. It's even worse in Rivers state here.

I know how difficult it was for my husband to save to be able to build a 2 bedroom bungalow for his old mum at Ndoni, and even at a budget less than what oga Spyder is building for his client. This is not too long ago. Something sinister....I'm out of here. Na wa o.

6 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by princeonx: 4:54am On Aug 05, 2014
vivienbabe:

Your feeling, i am sorry, has given you out as a very wicked fellow. Since when did it become a "punishment" for the Nigerian builder to build a 2 bedroom Bungalow? This is new to me oh! Nairaland property section is filled with 2 Bedroom bungalows for sale and with builders bidding to build for people. Even the last time i checked, the federal government is rolling out mortgage financing for thousands of 2 and 3 bedroom Bungalows.

I doubt you sleep and wake up from naija. If u do, you would have known that majority of Nigerians cannot afford a self-contain let alone a 2 bedroom flat. It's even worse in Rivers state here.

I know how difficult it was for my husband to save to be able to build a 2 bedroom bungalow for his old mum at Ndoni, and even at a budget less than what oga Spyder is building for his client. This is not too long ago. Something sinister....I'm out of here. Na wa o.
For real? Your husband built a two bedroom for less than Spyder's budgeted N2.5m? Yet you call me wicked for voicing my opinion of a 3 bedrooms instead of 2 bedrooms? Why not go and build a two bedrooms in the middle of Atlantic Ocean since you don't see a 2 bedrooms project on a waterlogged land stressful? I personally view/see a 2 bedrooms builder as someone working on a low budget and it won't hurt getting a 3 bedroom for a little more than a 2 bedrooms! Do you know that if planed well and little adjustment that the said budget for 2 bedrooms can also build a 3 bedrooms? You're very lucky am in good spirit! On a bad day, I'll simply ask you to hug a moving truck for calling me evil/wicked or better still quench your blood thirst with cold Pepsi mixed with otapiapia. You've been on NL berely 2 weeks and you already started running that $hit you call mouth! Smh!

6 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by vivienbabe(f): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2014
princeonx:
For real? Your husband built a two bedroom for less than Spyder's budgeted N2.5m? Yet you call me wicked for voicing my opinion of a 3 bedrooms instead of 2 bedrooms? Why not go and build a two bedrooms in the middle of Atlantic Ocean since you don't see a 2 bedrooms project on a waterlogged land stressful? I personally view/see a 2 bedrooms builder as someone working on a low budget and it won't hurt getting a 3 bedroom for a little more than a 2 bedrooms! Do you know that if planed well and little adjustment that the said budget for 2 bedrooms can also build a 3 bedrooms? You're very lucky am in good spirit! On a bad day, I'll simply ask you to hug a moving truck for calling me evil/wicked or better still quench your blood thirst with cold Pepsi mixed with otapiapia. You've been on NL berely 2 weeks and you already started running that $hit you call mouth! Smh!
Yes for real. Princeonx, N2.35M with basic finishing! It even has a 6ftx7ft storage close to the kitchen. Well, I don't have to be 1 million years in Nairaland before i stand up to a dubious mind who talks down on peoples sweat. There are people who indulge in different shady deals and there are also those who follow the 9 to 5 and other legitimate means to earn a living. Respect them! You seem to be one of those who incite contractors to steal even as your comments here are typical of a "blood thirsty" kidnapper or armed robber or his associate who took little notice of his spending.

If anyone has to follow your skewed thinking, a 3 bedroom will as well not be sufficient because "if planned well with a little adjustment", such budget would equally build a 4 bedroom and so on till infinity. Oh yes!

But it never occured to you that owners of projects would also have to "adjust" their pockets as well. What about those who can't afford to "adjust"? Btw, the Atlantic Ocean that I know is -/+ 35km from my abode, not in Enugu. Stop being silly. I have to go to my shop please. Excuse me.

9 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by princeonx: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
vivienbabe:
Yes for real. Princeonx, N2.35M with basic finishing! It even has a 6ftx7ft storage close to the kitchen. Well, I don't have to be 1 million years in Nairaland before i stand up to a dubious mind who talks down on peoples sweat. There are people who indulge in different shady deals and there are also those who follow the 9 to 5 and other legitimate means to earn a living. Respect them! You seem to be one of those who incite contractors to steal even as your comments here are typical of a "blood thirsty" kidnapper or armed robber or his associate who took little notice of his spending.

If anyone has to follow your skewed thinking, a 3 bedroom will as well not be sufficient because "if planned well with a little adjustment", such budget would equally build a 4 bedroom and so on till infinity. Oh yes!

But it never occured to you that owners of projects would also have to "adjust" their pockets as well. What about those who can't afford to "adjust"? Btw, the Atlantic Ocean that I know is -/+ 35km from my abode, not in Enugu. Stop being silly. I have to go to my shop please. Excuse me.
Case close! Haha
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
OK... Princeonx and Vivienbabe, please let's cool it. Discussion closed. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

5 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by sako28: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Please you two relax, no need for all this let us learn from the master. What the Lady is saying is right. It really tight for some people money-wish. Some just have to struggle to build a 2 BRM, packing into the house without windows many must have see this before. Our Master's client would have love to have a very big house if he has the financial strength. And i can bet that Oga Spyder might be doing this as part of his humanitarian service to help the client. I have seen govt worker with 40k per month building a 2 BRM just to have a roof for his family and save them from Land lord wahala. But you see some1 with 2m per month ( arm robber salary) staying in a rent apartment in PHC. Building is determination and you need some1 like Oga Spyder to give some people moral and hope to have a roof for their family. My pastor will always say Cut your coat according to your pocket(money u have) NOT according to your size. 3 BRM would have been good for the client family but consider his pocket size and how he has starve his family some goodies to get this for them.
God bless Oga Spyder, God bless us all and i pray our situation will not be bad to fight for 10 naria change from conductor.lol Amen

princeonx:
It seems you haven't notice that insults, tribalistic and political wars are not really common on property section and honestly we (ppl with comon sense) will like to leave it that way. This is a public forum, you have your opinion and I have mine! There are many ways to disagree with what I said than calling me "wicked" which you have up graded to kidnapping and co! In my honest opinion you sound foolish but I won't call you a fool! And I also know that you will cowardly come back to run your trap some more even though you'lld sound smarter leaving them close!
If you're looking for www war or topics to recieve and insult people, there's a whole lot of them on NL but not in property section.

BTW, I don't give a rat a55 on what your room mate spent on his house! If only you know my thoughts while typing that! Mtseeeee!

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by princeonx: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
mufutau55: OK... Princeonx and Vivienbabe, please let's cool it. Discussion closed. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

Hajji I thought fhemmmmy is the class prefect lol! All the same noted!
@sako28, no one is disputing the fact that some if not most people in Nigeria can't build even a single room! My parents were renting in Lagos until i built mine so I know. I also said that most ppl or builders building 2 bedrooms are on low or tight budget which was why I called it a stress doing so on a waterlogged land. My own brother have an abandoned 2 bedrooms selfcon.. BQ some where in Ikorodu after doing and spending all that money on raft foundation one can go fishing in his compound! So what's my point? He went from trying to build something small on a cheap N400k waterlogged land that will cost over N2m for a full house foundation alone (if he knew or if he plan to do it right) to moving his family back to living in my house after his rent expired.
Am not here to discourage anyone or to make it sound like its easy building a house! No! Am still building myself and I have called Spyder many time to seek ideas or opinion on both cost cutting and safety! So, for me to call a water logged 2 bedrooms project stressful (my opinion) especially for someone on a low budget and another person turned around and call me wicked is not cool!
All the same, like hajji said, am letting it cool!

@vivienbabe: no hard feeling! Just try to voice your opinion without insulting people.

5 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
princeonx:

@sako28, no one is disputing the fact that some if not most people in Nigeria can't build even a single room! My parents were renting in Lagos until i built mine so I know. I also said that most ppl or builders building 2 bedrooms are on low or tight budget which was why I called it a stress doing so on a waterlogged land. My own brother have an abandoned 2 bedrooms selfcon.. BQ some where in Ikorodu after doing and spending all that money on raft foundation one can go fishing in his compound! So what's my point? He went from trying to build something small on a cheap N400k waterlogged land that will cost over N2m for a full house foundation alone (if he knew or if he plan to do it right) to moving his family back to living in my house after his rent expired.
Am not here to discourage anyone or to make it sound like its easy building a house! No! Am still building myself and I have called Spyder many time to seek ideas or opinion on both cost cutting and safety! So, for me to call a water logged 2 bedrooms project stressful (my opinion) especially for someone on a low budget and another person turned around and call me wicked is not cool!
All the same, like hajji said, am letting it cool!

@vivienbabe: no hard feeling! Just try to voice your opinion without insulting people.

Na Hajj oh, i am just a student learning oh . . . .But let us allow peace to reign and be happy family that we have always been in the property section
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
princeonx:

Oh! Yes. Oga Fhemmmy is always the Class Prefect, (don't let him deny, dodge or shift the responsibility) but when the Oga is busy... the little boy Moderator for Property Forums will sometimes take over just to enforce peace, and that's Me. smiley Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
mufutau55:

Oh! Yes. Oga Fhemmmy is always the Class Prefect, (don't let him deny, dodge or shift the responsibility) but when the Oga is busy... the little boy Moderator for Property Forums will sometimes take over just to enforce peace, and that's Me. smiley Thanks.

Hajji M.

diaris god oh, all these lie lie wey you waka bring come, God dey oh
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Demainman1: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
Oga Fhemmmy, I am with Hajji on this one o! Don't even try to shift the responsibilities grin

If not we go carry placards begin to demostrate o o cheesy
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Demainman1: Oga Fhemmmy, I am with Hajji on this one o! Don't even try to shift the responsibilities grin

Dont worry, if you are on my side, Oga Hajj wont ban you, so dont be on his side all cos you dey fear to get banned . . .
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Dont worry, if you are on my side, Oga Hajj wont ban you, so dont be on his side all cos you dey fear to get banned . . .

No sir. We go leave that one for Spambot... but then that thing is so stupid sometimes we have to over-ride it. But NO Ban for anyone.
We are all behaving adults.. we talk money here, real estate investments; not Banning. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
Demainman1: Oga Fhemmmy, I am with Hajji on this one o! Don't even try to shift the responsibilities grin

Thank you jare.. We no go allow that responsibility shifting oh!

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you jare.. We no go allow that responsibility shifting oh!

Hajji M.

Hajj, diaris god oh
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
mufutau55:

No sir. We go leave that one for Spambot... but then that thing is so stupid sometimes we have to over-ride it. But NO Ban for anyone.
We are all behaving adults.. we talk money here, real estate investments; not Banning. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

I feel you jare, my chairman, the property section is so matured and great place for people with right mind and i love it
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by vivienbabe(f): 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
princeonx
BTW, I don't give a rat a55 on what your room mate spent on his house! If only you know my thoughts while typing that! Mtseeeee!

I can't imagine a better way to identify a product of room-mate than from your opinions so far. Your 419 epistles were largely ignored, met with measured, selected and bolded responses by the wisemen. They're not values to be cherished....only if u got my drift.

I trust the men here. That's why i personally wrote and begged my brother Fhemmmy, Mufutau and a few others to spare some minutes of their tight schedule on the property section to deter vultures like you. Happily, they re-engaged for the benefit of the masses of Nigeria. Good evening.

3 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kopell: 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pricnceonex haba, you be veteran now just ignore. long time how you dey.@ hajj Muftau pls as class captain talk to your old and new students to behave now, this section na family house Oooo.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
kopell: Pricnceonex haba, you be veteran now just ignore. long time how you dey.@ hajj Muftau pls as class captain talk to your old and new students to behave now, this section na family house Oooo.

My brother.. I go soon dey issue yellow card and red card oh, for now I dey issue white card for peace! smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by princeonx: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
kopell: Pricnceonex haba, you be veteran now just ignore. long time how you dey.@ hajj Muftau pls as class captain talk to your old and new students to behave now, this section na family house Oooo.

Bros I dey oh! Just been too busy lately! How ur side?
Who is this she-goat for heavens sake? Simply bcox I voiced a personal opinion, she has called me wicked, kidnaper, armed robber, and a vulture lol! I don't know if someone named prince slept with her mom without paying?

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by princeonx: 8:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
mufutau55:

My brother.. I go soon dey issue yellow card and red card oh, for now I dey issue white card for peace! smiley

Hajji M.
Hajji am trying not to be the bad guy here being that we all came a long way but someone really need to chain this lose mad woman!
I don't pick a fight on NL or any faceless forum but where this one waka follow me is what I don't know!
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 12:55am On Aug 06, 2014
princeonx:
Hajji am trying not to be the bad guy here being that we all came a long way but someone really need to chain this lose mad woman!
I don't pick a fight on NL or any faceless forum but where this one waka follow me is what I don't know!

I understand... but no need to take side... we just have to quench it peacefully... by the time we know it, two of you will be asking each other where to get cheaper bags of cement or blocks and everything will be back to normal... that is Properties Forum for you!

Hajji Mufutau

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Jamesqu(m): 1:15am On Aug 06, 2014
Hajj is the principal now...Fhemmy as the class captain, please write down the names of noise makers and submit to the class teacher, Spyder grin

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 1:39am On Aug 06, 2014
Jamesqu: Hajj is the principal now...Fhemmy as the class captain, please write down the names of noise makers and submit to the class teacher, Spyder grin

LOL! Where have you been?

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
We are still advancing on the filling of this foundation with sand.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
More sand to be supplied tomorrow,

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
More filling sand arrive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed. / Imported Exterior & Interior Doors Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.