Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60957 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by great664(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2014
If u are a christian then †ђξ doctrine of tithe paying or where to pay shouldn't be a problem to u. It is between you and God, doesn't matter where you paid it, Ūя̲̅ church, other church, donation, charity org, orphanage etc, what is important is its 10% of your income and in Ūя̲̅ heart u dedicate it to God. Let's skip repeating same topic all time, it doesn't make us grow. grin Sign Out. Check out other interesting things [url="http://ask9ja..com"]HERE[/url]

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by joyceok: 11:31am On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs

Look who's talking https://www.nairaland.com/1472752/sisterswhat-highest-numbers-guys-day

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2014
A reason why i love being a Jehovah's Witness.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ObiOkpor(m): 11:36am On Jul 13, 2014
Rayvene: Which one is 'Oyedepo's Teaching on Tithes' again?
Is Oyedepo the only pastor in Nigeria and in the world who encourages tithe-paying?
Don't all Pentecostal churches,including Orthodox churches ask their members to pay tithe?

Infact,the only dominant Christian group whose members don't pay tithe is JW.Every other dominant Christian group does it,and it's not like they're forcing anybody - if you want to pay;fine.If yo don't;nobody will kill you.Dude just had to focus on Oyedepo;apparently he wanted attention,and he's gotten it.

I'm not the most religous person out there:I go to church at least once a month grin,and when I do,I only give the usual offering,and no one has ever pointed a gun at me and asked me to pay any tithe.I see no reason why people always want to die ontop this tithe matter,seriously.Are the tithe payers complaining?
You could talk and argue from now till you turn blue in the face,or have high BP or something -people are going to keep paying tithes.It has been going on for years and your inconsequential rants won't stop it.

Biko drop ya phones,cook ya sunday rice nad enjoy yaself.I just prepared coconut rice for the first time ever. Its not half bad grin ,and I go chop full belle wella cheesy. I suggest you all do the same and stop killing yourselves.
abegi,give me ur address o!
Am salivating already...:p
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2014
prettyboi1989: i cud tell from d expressions m seeing here 90pcnt or ppl commentn here are eida poor, ignorant fellows or stark illiterates. by dia fruits u shall know dem. i guess its high time we stop arguing with dese set of persons. cos if a normal man starts fyting wit a mad man it will be hard to tell whoz sane amongst dem
dude, why don't engage in a meaningful way instead of assuming being poor, ignorant or stark illitrates makes people unworthy of examining a claim! Engage meaningfully
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lomprico(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2014
chamboy: Why are Pastors being paid Salaries, is it an Occupation.
Sidon there!

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by seedorfg(m): 11:39am On Jul 13, 2014
Bleep dis post ! I'm jst goin 2 b a drug dealer instead of Readin dis sh.1yt

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2014
A beg who get pure water and sugar to spare I wan combine this white rice with ijebu garri. water don finish for hostel and marketer never come out today
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mencade5(m): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: wow, it shows how you relate with your father , oops, dats if you have any...
stop quoting me goat...focus on the topic
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2014
dejilg: dude, why don't engage in a meaningful way instead of assuming being poor, ignorant or stark illitrates makes people unworthy of examining a claim! Engage meaningfully
me engage kee, i shud start arguing with people who dnt av conscience, not me not ever, go 2 religion section n c ow ppl r spewing jargons
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2014
great664: If u are a christian then †ђξ doctrine of tithe paying or where to pay shouldn't be a problem to u. It is between you and God, doesn't matter where you paid it, Ūя̲̅ church, other church, donation, charity org, orphanage etc, what is important is its 10% of your income and in Ūя̲̅ heart u dedicate it to God. Let's skip repeating same topic all time, it doesn't make us grow. grin Sign Out. Check out other interesting things [url="http://ask9ja..com"]HERE[/url]
u just made a fundamental error, the Christianity in the Bible of the Apostles and even Jesus, doesn't have a "tithe" doctrine to begin with. Give is give, not even necessarily to pastors, u cud even buy wat d church needs, or help poor people, witout ever giving money(cash, cheques etc) out.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 11:42am On Jul 13, 2014
mencade5: stop quoting me goat...focus on the topic
I think you grew up with animals, bros ..you belong to the jungle.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 13, 2014
A business man conning Mugus, what is new in Nigeria !

Scammers everywhere, in government in church , mosques etc.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by SANdos: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.
give to the NEEDY not to the RICH.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by DrummaBoy(m): 11:46am On Jul 13, 2014
Again:

Prof Amoda couldn't have said it better.

Truth is that any thorough study of the biblical tithe will always lead to the conclusion that the tithes being collected today is not biblical.

The church will teach that it is no longer under the Law but it resorts to the law to justify tithing. When that doesn't succeed they go to Abraham. But when they are shown that Abram tithed once, from war spoils, etc, they again return to Moses.

Truth is that the tithe that is collected today is fraud. It is the means of the clergy to defraud unsuspecting people.

The other truth about it is that tithing is a form if idol worship for people. People in a bid to secure earthly riches for themselves, resort to tithing as a means. This is not any different from the animist who gives sacrifices to his gods to curry favor from him. The NT Christian church never teaches this sort of thing. God calls us to serve him in truth and verity, regardless of results. He has also promised to bless us, not because we tithe.

The positive aspect of Prof Amoda article is that it is drawing more and more attention to this problem with tithing in churches. If tithes are stopped being paid in church, perhaps the true church will emerge and not these ones that are propelled more by Mammon spirit than God.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2014
Rayvene: Which one is 'Oyedepo's Teaching on Tithes' again?
Is Oyedepo the only pastor in Nigeria and in the world who encourages tithe-paying?
Don't all Pentecostal churches,including Orthodox churches ask their members to pay tithe?

Infact,the only dominant Christian group whose members don't pay tithe is JW.Every other dominant Christian group does it,and it's not like they're forcing anybody - if you want to pay;fine.If yo don't;nobody will kill you.Dude just had to focus on Oyedepo;apparently he wanted attention,and he's gotten it.

I'm not the most religous person out there:I go to church at least once a month grin,and when I do,I only give the usual offering,and no one has ever pointed a gun at me and asked me to pay any tithe.I see no reason why people always want to die ontop this tithe matter,seriously.Are the tithe payers complaining?
You could talk and argue from now till you turn blue in the face,or have high BP or something -people are going to keep paying tithes.It has been going on for years and your inconsequential rants won't stop it.

Biko drop ya phones,cook ya sunday rice nad enjoy yaself.I just prepared coconut rice for the first time ever. Its not half bad grin ,and I go chop full belle wella cheesy. I suggest you all do the same and stop killing yourselves.
pls can I join u in dat ur delicious meal?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ObiOkpor(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2014
I have never paid tithe.........
Ang GOD have being so Good to me.......

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by alabiyemmy(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy: #Take me to the edge of hell and bring me back.
#take me to heavens gate and threaten to throw me back to hell
#Put a loaded gun to my head
#preach the bible ,kuran and all the religous book to me.

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
I would rather give to the beggers and those in need.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

If this takes me to hell...well fine.

You are free to go but take noone with u.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lomprico(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2014
corruptboss: Malachi 3v10 is self explanatory, and its also in d pages of the bible(I.e, its Gods word)... So u don't need oyedepo or any other pastor to preach b4 u pay ur tithe. Don't let devil deceive u
What's ur name again?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by bitterpenis(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2014
sarutobie:
the churches should provide free education from nursery to university and your government does what? why not allow the churches to run the government as well...churches are providing education to university level but you say it is too costly...just because you get subsidised education from the government's igr from oil, agriculture etc? The churches I know open boreholes, run orphanages, sponsor students in schools. some say " but I will rather give the money to the poor and beggars" but in reality, they NEVER do even that! how many of you even know the interior colour of the orphanage homes in your community? the prisons nko? the hospitals? when mary magdalene poured expensive perfume on the feet of jesus and cleaned it with her hair, judas protested saying the same thing most of you say "why waste such a perfume, it could have been sold and the monies given to the poor"..but we all know judas was a crooked fellow....
Do you know how much the church has in its bank accounts? Most if not all churches have accounts in almost all the banks, they are fixed, they earn interest, yet they still tax members when they want to embark on a new project, i have never seen a church which announces a new project and tells its members, we have money, we don't need your money to embark and complete the project... what happened to the accumulated funds which members have been paying as offering and tithes over the years? Do you know how much are in pastors accounts? I I know of pastors and churches who haven't touched their monies for over two years, I'm talking about hundreds of millions, some billions, what jobs/business do they do that would earn them such? Apart from a few who are into businesses or day time jobs, even at that, such monies aren't meant to be in their accounts, some will claim its gift by members, one who preaches and is affluent already, what is he/she supposed to do with such gifts? Give it out to the needy and not stack them up to compete amongst themselves, business men or state/local governments in terms of earnings

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Emma8043(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs
My dear i went to that church for regretful 2yr though i do go with my aunty coz i need somtin frm her nw back to the matter for dat 2 gud year never will on sunday wil i nt have a very gud sleep in the church til the closing prayer coz their papa and mama in the Lord ever preach on how scholership was gvin to the poor masses or how people benefit frm the church instead is pay ur TITHE
when PAPA JESUS was on earth hw many private jet him get
Only God knws hw many mansion oyedepo get for UAE nd EUROPE
#TEAM MY TITHE FOR THE NEEDY

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mencade5(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: I think you grew up with animals, bros ..you belong to the jungle.
you are a maggot! You grew where swines dwell...nigga get the fvck out of my sight....beast!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by publicenemy(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: so what do we claim he is?

A mercifull,loving and forgiving God.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by bezimo(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2014
I think the poster is highly ignorant and aims to confuse people with the bible.Tithing is a practice commanded by God not oyedepo to bring every believer under an open heaven.some would argue that fact and even go ahead to claim that does who pay tithe are ignorant.The question is have those who paid their tithe complained? Is it by force to pay tithe? If you don't want to pay tithe? Excellent.its your choice but don't confuse other people who have chosen to pay.One thing I know regarding tithing is that If you are a believer and you are not a tither, you will either end your journey as a borrower or as a begger.quote me without apology anywhere.As for me I have chosen to be an unrepentant, exited, uncompromising and committed tither till I leave this world.The blessings in my life because of tithing range from financial to things money cannot buy.Tithing works, and nobody can confuse me about this truth.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by publicenemy(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: so what do we claim he is?

So what will it profit him to see his children roast in hell for all eternity?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Reference(m): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2014
I remember instances in the gospel where even Jesus was accused of receiving gifts instead of caring for the poor. Did he not care for the poor, did he not feed the hungry even beyond what his hypocritical accusers ever did but when he met men fishing his message was clear, I will not give you fish but 'make' you fishers of men. People have often misinterpreted the church's mission. The church's primary mission is meant to 'make' and 'keep - protect' people. People in turn do the work to make society. Time and again there will be this conflict'of responsibilities but the church's mandate is clear 'make men disciples of Christ'. Jesus said to those who listened 'hey, the poor will always be amongst you so take care of them'.

There is no way I will be giving what belongs to Christ to the poor. I will give to the poor what belongs to them. The salvation and reconciliation of man back to God is far, far more important than poverty or wealth afterall it is sin - the disconnection of man from God that led to poverty in the first place.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2014
mencade5: you are a maggot! You grew where swines dwell...nigga get the fvck out of my sight....beast!
now I know where you were raised up and those who raised you up...I guess such languages are popular in your family...you need help mehn,
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2014
If we take out tith soooooooooooooo many churches will close down d folowing day......most churches only collect how many give to their needing members,how many wealthy folks are ready to path with a little for the needy in their respective churches,tithing goes beyound taking your millions to rich pastors neglecting the needy in the same gathering,do the pastors realy need all these money...of cause no,the poor people in their churches need them.God help us

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: Who is Oyedepo? Is he jet owner who makes money from his church members? Oh now I remember! He is the one who parades himself as a bishop. Who slapped an innocent young girl after he accused her of being a witch when he ought to have delivered her if she was actually one instead of slapping her. That man is a disgrace! God will judge him
Hey man easy on d bishop, u think he conned his members to make money?? I don't think u happy wit ur lowly life,vacancy sti exist for the post of pastor n my hood,come n try out man ...let's see if people re dat so foolish giving out their hard earned money without meeting their spiritual and physical needs. Exceeding grace!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by alabiyemmy(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2014
sweetgala: Summarise what, if anyone has taken the time to click that would mean they are interested in the topic, which means they might be Christians who seat in church for several hours to hear a sermon.
If you can not take 5 minutes of your time to digest this content then I guess you are not for Christ.

[i][/i]When the time comes you can not claim you were not offered redemption but rather your denied yourself through laziness.

Because I refuse to read an article that will Shake my Faith?haba.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy:

So what will it profit him to see his children roast in hell for all eternity?
A true christian sees him as that too, and also as a consuming fire, as a judge e.t.c. Tho I rili don't get what you are driving at, but I suspect fallacy of over-generalisation.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by viuche: 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
What is the essence of going to church to pay your tithe, when your neighbor's children are out of school becos of money. I hv never paid tithe to any church, and I will never do it. I use my money to help the needy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.