Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) (62246 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's Parents 46th Wedding Anniversary And Father's 80th (Pics) / Genevieve Nnaji Celebrates Her Dad's 80th Birthday Today (Photo) / Wole Soyinka At 4 Months In November 1934 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by doncaster(m): 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
cyril83:

Bro! You need to seek for OT if you don't know what QF represent, that is if you are not a lobber.

don't mind the wanna be.

Imagine him asking me to mention name. Somebody tell him Trebor chopping is not allowed in lobbish island.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by cyril83(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
1United1:

You are a buccaneer, and we are talking about pyratical lingos! QF and OT have no meaning in our book!

Yeah! I'm a sealord but that does not distance me from NAS cappin, remember we share some of the OT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by doncaster(m): 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
1United1:

You are a buccaneer, and we are talking about pyratical lingos! QF and OT have no meaning in our book!
it seem you are getting back to ur senses, where I mentioned QF I did not say I am a sea dog. For your info any sea dog that don't know what QF is, is a wenkule.

You pride yourself as a sea dog but you keep on addressing people as "ode" and all the rest fouls words, it doesn't show maturity as exhibited by the Ahoys I know.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by cyril83(m): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
doncaster: it seem you are getting back to ur senses, where I mentioned QF I did not say I am a sea dog. For your info any sea dog that don't know what QF is, is a wenkule.

You pride yourself as a sea dog but you keep on addressing people as "ode" and all the rest fouls words, it doesn't show maturity as exhibited by the Ahoys I know.

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by nuattitude74(m): 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hahahahaha brainwave @ 1United1, I was once told that a seadawg worthy of his reg never altercates airily with HLs. I know I'm not mistaken. So on dis note @1United1, DIE IT and derio your Typhoon-blasted and weather-beaten bearded leader. That's what this thread was supposed to be about, innit ?
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by iamord(m): 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
imustsaymymindo:
This same religion have saved so many people from death in our campuses. This same religion is what these cultits run to when in trouble. Btw,wole is an ogun worshipper and that means he is also religious.
the religion saved some many..cos of two things.. Its nature of being philanthropist and the negligence of the average nigerian.. If there is no negligence in the sector of education you will not see people running to Missionary schools cos the people care for themselves and see each Other as a family.. Same goes to other sectors ..We r all government! You don't need to be affiliated to any religious body to be good .we need to change the way we think!
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by 1United1: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
nuattitude74: Hahahahaha brainwave @ 1United1, I'm not a seadawg. Hahahaha Atos.
I was once told that a seadawg worthy of his reg never altercates airily with HLs. I know I'm not mistaken. So on dis note @1United1, DIE IT and derio your Typhoon-blasted and weather-beaten bearded leader. That's what this thread was supposed to be about, innit ?

YOHA 2U, at times we need to separate these HLs especially in a faceless forum like this lubbish island from spreading falsehood and tarnishing our image!
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by alcuin(m): 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
will u all just keep quiet and give ur best wishes to the man who, at a time, placed Nigeria on the map of the world?

Stop these useless cappings, barkings and counter barkings and cappings. Seadog, sealord, sea king, sea monster....all na for una pockets. Go to the meditarenean sea, black sea, red sea, atlantic ocean. Person wen neva see big river before dey claim sea champion.

Stop these nonsense!

P:S Don't quote me I'm Ogboni.

2 Likes

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
WIZGUY69: JESUS CHRIST IS THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE,
*********CLICK LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH ME**********
you are a liar !
when last did you see Jesus outside of your imaginary world?
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by porka: 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
Chynx:

Brother, in as much as I feel your plight over cultism, I still need you to purge your mind of bias over any situation so that you can have a better understanding of the actual situation. This is not to say you have to come to terms with it...but at least, know the truth!

The National Association of Seadogs a.k.a The Pyrates (not Pirates) Confraternity is NOT a secret cult. You can nnever find an undergraduate or illiterate member as we speak. The problem here is that many other groups formed various confrats that actually stray from what has and will always be the intentions of the PC.

Feel free to visit any of their Anchor Points and do your research. Lubbers (people who don't understand Pyracy) often visit the PC anchor points to learn a few things and believe this or not; NO PYRATE WILL EVER CAJOLE ANYONE TO JOIN THEM. They even prefer to send people out of the Confrat for unpyratical behaviours. They have a slogan..."The fewer the merrier". You cannot become a Pyrate if you have not graduated, served your country and pass series of IQ tests and examinations to prove your mental and moral capabilities.

The PC has absolutely no basis of comparism with any other group because they have their own way of life which is completely different from what is practiced in the world of cultism.

Believe it or not; the PC is NOT a cult.

One of the founders of your PC by name Prof. Awe not only renounced his membership but regretted being part of the formation.

It's on record that both Profs. (Soyinka and Awe) sparred over the matter.

If one of the founding members could openly denounce your organization, what justification do you have as 'joiner' to say otherwise?

Some people would argue that Boko Haram started with an intention to take on the madness in the polity too (a la Yusuf) but it has snowballed into a serious monster we are dealing with currently.

Were you there when your organization was formed? How do you want the victims of nefarious activities of campus hooliganism (termed secret cults) to receive your message?

No matter what you say, Wole Soyinka co-started a very murderous youth movement in university campuses, he should be part of the clean-up in the twilight of his life.

An apology to all the victims and their families will be a good start. Otherwise, you are just dressing up a pig with white clothe for nothing.

Rising to top positions in the society should not be at the expense of human blood.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
Forwetinnah: That's the only thing he'll be remembered for...bringing cultism to Nigeria with him Osama bia bia...*long hiss*
Tribalism has destroyed your brain !
How many Nobel Laurettes are in your clan ?

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
porka:

One of the founders of your PC by name Prof. Awe not only renounced his membership but regretted being part of the formation.

If one of the founding members could openly denounce your organization, what justification do you have as 'joiner' to say otherwise?

Some people would argue that Boko Haram started with an intention to take on the madness in the polity too (a la Yusuf) but it has snowballed into a serious monster we are dealing with currently.

Were you there when your organization was formed? How do you want the victims of nefarious activities of campus hooliganism (termed secret cults) to receive your message?

No matter what you say, Wole Soyinka co-started a very murderous youth movement in university campuses, he should be part of the clean-up in the twilight of his life.

An apology to all the victims and their families will be a good start. Otherwise, you are just dressing up a pig with white clothe for nothing.

Rising to top positions in the society should not be at the expense of human blood.
...there is always a Judas to deny Jesus na! that's the story of prof Awe !
Every university worth its name have fraternities ...educate your self please .
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by 1United1: 7:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
porka:

Apology to your brain, dimwit!
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Talon05: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
1United1:

Awah, you dont owe these "uneducable" lubbers any fuvking explanation. Let them think whatever.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by porka: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
...there is always a Judas to deny Jesus na! that's the story of prof Awe !
Every university worth its name have fraternities ...educate your self please .

The message is to the prof. not a joiner.

Prof Awe is more educated than you btw.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by porka: 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Talon05:
Awah, you dont owe these "uneducable" lubbers any fuvking explanation. Let them think whatever.

Shedding human blood is evil.

Even Barbarians don't have to rise to high positions swimming in human blood.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by porka: 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
1United1:

Hope you would be able to say that when Shekau is being venerated in the future though.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Hugoboi(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
doncaster: who is this one? Pirate is American version f the spelling, am using iPad, even if I spelt it as you wrote it will automatically correct itself to US version of the spelling. To make you look dull, my elder bro is one of those on red jacket in that 1st page picture. He joined as an undergraduate in UI, our last bro is also a member, he finished from Unizik. I have classmates who are members and we roll together. I finished from (Honduras). I started sailing QF 2004. I have sailed for 20 yrs(both deck and frigate) so we are not mate when it comes to such.

You are not a Seadog. The only deck named Honduras belongs to Unical and it is the Bucanneer deck.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Forwetinnah: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Tribalism has destroyed your brain !
How many Nobel Laurettes are in your clan ?

I'd rather have none than a shameless/Insignificant one !!
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by cheguevera: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
AHOY
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by doncaster(m): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hugoboi:

You are not a Seadog. The only deck named Honduras belongs to Unical and it is the Bucanneer deck.
Go back and re-read my post mate. I have never said am a sea dog. All I said was my dad was and my two bros are.

Moreover am not debating if confraternity is good or bad what am disputing is some wannabe saying their is no pirates in universities. At least till I graduated PC still has members in my school, Unizik, absu, Imsu, UI, Uniport, Uniben, Unn and Ife. This I know too well cos I attended parties organized by them and during my service yr we did things together. For some one who claim to be a member to call their fraternal brothers touts sounds vulgar.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by ceejayal(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
grin
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Soloblincus(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
OnyeIbo: Now, to all y'all saying that Wole shouldnt have founded this cult, that it sends people to untimely grave. Nonsense! Its not the cult that is sending you to the grave, its ur crappy brains. Sometin dat was founded with good intentions, you now injected badness into it. How's that Wole's making? Mchew!
which one be badness?
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by alcuin(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
The funny thing is that the other fraternities we hear of today were initially constituted because of the terror the Pyrates put in the minds of students back. The NBM, for instance, was very instrumental in breaking the terrorist PC in UNIBEN back then.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by cyril83(m): 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
doncaster: Go back and re-read my post mate. I have never said am a sea dog. All I said was my dad was and my two bros are.

Moreover am not debating if confraternity is good or bad what am disputing is some wannabe saying their is no pirates in universities. At least till I graduated PC still has members in my school, Unizik, absu, Imsu, UI, Uniport, Uniben, Unn and Ife. This I know too well cos I attended parties organized by them and during my service yr we did things together. For some one who claim to be a member to call their fraternal brothers touts sounds vulgar.

Well said, there are pirates in all abc decks but their activities are limited and not recognized by HQ
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 13, 2014
Gosh!....one cannot believe this man is 80 years old....Legend.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:10am On Jul 13, 2014
bigtt76: How old was he when he founded NAS? 14 years? I guess he was born 1934 (if he's 80 years now) and from the post, we were told he formed NAS in 1948 ...confusing @OP undecided
. Try look dia website or kukuma ask well. Your mathematics or comprehension get as e be. Make I help u save MB na 1952 Dem say Dem form am.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by bigtt76(f): 5:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Asiwaju9ja: . Try look dia website or kukuma ask well. Your mathematics or comprehension get as e be. Make I help u save MB na 1952 Dem say Dem form am.

Lol
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:25am On Jul 13, 2014
almajiri101:

Do i need to tell you that where sailors are talking lobbers are to keep mute. Olu jacob is my broda whil soyinka is my cousin.

I understand what u mean. So olu Jacobs na badt guy that year?
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:36am On Jul 13, 2014
I dey pass naim I see say my blooders put up CB birthday up in here. I say make I joing Hail am here. Happy Birthday CEEBEE! Hailings from Okavango.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 13, 2014
glitest: Gosh!....one cannot believe this man is 80 years old....Legend.
#Tellusthetruth
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Celebrates Wole Soyinka At 80th Birthday(photonews) by ozodigboo(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Mbediogu: For Soyinka to be 80 yrs in the year 2014, he must have been born in year 1934. If he found the pyrates confraternity in 1948, he must have been at the university before the age of 14 years! It doesn't add up.
Chief, Pyrates was formed 1952 NOT 1948.
He was a first year student at the University of Ibadan.
And mark you, they were a group of 7. He was chosen as their leader because he had oratory powers even as a teenager.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog / Burna Boy Visits DJ Khaled's Mansion, Gets Served Seafood Breakfast Last Last / Fan Insinuates That Phyno Has Slept With Uriel Oputa. The BBNaija Star Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.