Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) (16950 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Kennyfancy: founder of cultism..useless man
WHY DO FOOLS SPEAK?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by hrykanu231(m): 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy birthday Ahoy, may u continually sail in the part of wisdom and understanding.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by amnestylaw1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
ijigaparadox:
I admire this man so much until recently that I learnt he is an atheist.. Is this true?

Are atheists not humans?

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by peter4d2(m): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
betatalk:

Why do we like to look for who to blame for our shortcomings. If pple decide to join societies its becos dey wanted too abeg. Great writer of our time. Bsides today we celebrate mediocrity not greatness. Happy birthday great one
Let's be sincere wif our selves here,violence n retaliation was also part of PC grp n if ur still in doubt check d kegites club nation wide dey r still clocking non violent although dey culd still xhibit such acts but it rearly occur so if WS shuld hv seek d ideal of egbe elemu wch also originated 4rm UI maybe jess mayb cultism would'nt hv 2 dis level.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Clerverly: 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Oga mi, you're welcome back to NL.
There is no apian way to PC.

YOHA!
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by macof(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Great man

I hail you sir, on your ever committed path with The lord Ogun

Happy birthday smiley
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by revelationuche: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
HBD to one distinguished african scholar and arbiter of language [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by tlops(m): 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday Sir!

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by mamagee3(f): 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday Wole Soyinka!!!
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Can there ever be another being as straightforward and honorable as wole soyinka among this generation? I'm yet to see that. This generation has youths suffering from low self esteem who depend on shallow things to 'survive'- intimacy, stolen money, cyber bulling, questionable movies, hard drugs etc. Very greedy, wicked and wasted generation!!!

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Atmmachine(m): 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
SEA LORD..
#Aloha
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by DOWHILE: 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: It is only in Nigeria that a hiphop musician is popular than a Nobel Laureate winner. If this were to be the birthday of, say, Tonto Dike, this thread would have hit front page earlier than it did. It would have also reached 5th page by now.
Well said. I can't agree more cheesy
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by ayobase(m): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
oga soyinka, happy birthday sir.
intellectually, u have made history and still making.

spiritually, you have scored zero.
its being said u are an atheist, yet u were involved in osun festival celebration at a point.

which u dey sef?

asiwere so wipe ko so olorun o
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Tuzen(m): 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Derios to your bones, yoha
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by MAYOWAAK: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth-Wole Soyinka

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Solomon009(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
The fuckin*g biased moderator/s didnt see this or probably they were blindfolded. . Rubbish!! obinnau abi wetin dem call u. www.nairaland.com/1811152/happy-birthday-prof-wole-soyinka
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by frank043(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
HBD to one of the greatest minds of our time...Prof. Wole Soyinka. But to be frank with myself and for posterity's sake,this is not the Wole Soyinka that I hear and read about while growing up as a small boy,this is not the Wole Soyinka that stood against Gen. Gowon's Genocide during Nigeria-Biafra civil war,this is not the Wole Soyinka that left this country to America without a visa because he criticized the junta and murderous government of Gen. Abacha. This Wole Soyinka is now in a state of quagmire,politically...too involved taking sides than making objective criticism. I was so disappointed when I read and followed the exchange of words Prof Wole had with Dame Patience Jonathan,despite the clear gap in their levels of education. Wole Soyinka should not have stooped so low as to exchange words with a market woman that found herself in top echelon of government affairs. I hope he realises this and smartly makes amends,cos if he continues like this,things will really get kinda messy!
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Tholuwaniey(m): 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
xtervaganza: did u notice the question marl in front of my comment?

I asked if its proper to blame you if your brilliant invention was later used for evil purpose
. Was it ever a brilliant invention??

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by ogbronx(m): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
koyyes: Can there ever be another being as straightforward and honorable as wole soyinka among this generation? I'm yet to see that. This generation has youths suffering from low self esteem who depend on shallow things to 'survive'- intimacy, stolen money, cyber bulling, questionable movies, hard drugs etc. Very greedy, wicked and wasted generation!!!
wasted generation indeed. Slaves to bigotry and mediocrity!
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Tczar(m): 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
happy birthday sir wllnp
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by portix: 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2014

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by femmical(m): 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hapi fob
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Stuffyj(m): 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
HBD, our one and only Nobel laureate, Prof 'Wole Soyinka. We wish u many years to come in sound health. More vocabularies to ur mouth sir; lol. Congratulations!
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 14, 2014
Happy Birthday sir. I'm glad to have celebrated wit you the other day amongst several.
May you live as long as you are able.

Me, I still have my grudge from ever, I want in! So, i'm d1ckless? No fair!! undecided grin

YeaYeaNot
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by iamjane(f): 8:56am On Jul 14, 2014
saasala: Happy Birthday Sir. Here are amazing things you didnt know about Soyinka, you would be surprised. Here: http://www..com/wole-soyinka-things-you-didnt-know-about-him/
Hmmmmm
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Revolva(m): 10:21am On Jul 14, 2014
yeah happy birthday to a noble man and a legend kongi ...humanity is the best religion of mankind
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Mustapha111888(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2014
DOWHILE: The william Shakespeare of our time. This is saying Happy 80th Birthday to Professor Akinwande Oluwole (Wole Soyinka), Pronounced "Shoyinka" was born 13th July 1934. Winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize for Literature.......#IgbaOdunOdunKaniooo
We pray to see more of u on earth
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by RebelLeader15(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hbd bros, but yoo disappear during Ogbeni Abacha regime, u cum dey make mouth 4 Jo-lantern admin.

Abacha na wicked man sha!
Hbd bros wish u long life
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by macof(m): 7:54am On Aug 01, 2014
ayobase: oga soyinka, happy birthday sir.
intellectually, u have made history and still making.

spiritually, you have scored zero.
its being said u are an atheist, yet u were involved in osun festival celebration at a point.

which u dey sef?

asiwere so wipe ko so olorun o

You are a mad man. What's your business with Soyinka and his spiritual beliefs??
Aren't u a disgrace yourself for being a slave in your fathers land?

Soyinka was raised Christian but such intelligent mind cannot remain Christian for long, today he is a Pagan/Atheist devoted to Ogun. I can't see how this disturbs ur life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie At The 7th Annual Igbo Conference (photos+video) / Which Book Are U Reading? / Chimamanda, Bill Gates, Prince Charles In London For Malaria Summit- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.