Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,716 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) (16943 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by bbdd: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
I respect this man not just for his literary prowess but his championing of human rights is exceptional.
Few people in Nigeria today can speak their mind without fear or some sort of carefulness to avoid future contracts being cancelled.

Happy birthday kongi.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
ijigaparadox:
y do you have to insult someone like dat? its not nyz....
People should always think before making any post.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by DOWHILE: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
ijigaparadox:
I admire this man so much until recently that I learnt he is an atheist.. Is this true?
All I can say is: No one is perfect. We shld try nd overlook one another's misdeeds sometimes. I urge u continue to admire him cheesy
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Handcuff: 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
PAGAN9JA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR!

THE GODS BLESS YOU!

ESPECIALLY THE LORD OGUN OF WHOM YOU ARE A DEVOTEE OF.

MAY YOU LIVE LONG!

THE PRIDE OF NIGERIA!
cool

How can Ogun bless you ?
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by jennylove7575(f): 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
The birthday no dey finish?

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey:

Am i??. I just wanna make the truth pellucid enough for everyone celebrating this Man... He's an African legend, A rare gem that every nation will pray to have as a citizen but all his good deeds were marred by his Singular act which is causing catastrophe in most tertiary institution, Communities, even secondary schools.. We can only overlook and ignore it but we can't Justify it
Rubbish! Do you know the reason why PC was formed? Do you know that PC pulled out of campuses more 30 years ago?
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Welrez(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
DOWHILE: And that will make u as intelligent as he is?
It would make me even more intelligent than him. After all, I would have added his magic to mine, at least mathematically. Lol
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by prof800(m): 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday to Wole Soyinka.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
DOWHILE: All I can say is: No one is perfect. We shld try nd overlook one another's misdeeds sometimes. I urge u continue to admire him cheesy
I admire him so much... He is a great man... I pray he encounters God before he dies....
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by DOWHILE: 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
jennylove7575: The birthday no dey finish?
Great men's Bday like dat of Shoyinka no dey finish ooo.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
WS is not an atheist. He is an adherent of African traditional religion, in which he worships different gods. He has often said Ogun, one of the gods, makes him muse of his literary prowess.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by bioda: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
DOWHILE: All I can say is: No one is perfect. We shld try nd overlook one another's misdeeds sometimes. I urge u continue to admire him cheesy

He's not an atheist. ..he of course believes in the existence of God, but not via Jesus. ...

3 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Tholuwaniey(m): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Rubbish! Do you know the reason why PC was formed? Do you know that PC pulled out of campuses more 30 years ago?
PC are still in campuses Mr... they only claim BAN when they get caught.. even in secondary schools
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Titilayodeji13(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
DOWHILE: The william Shakespeare of our time. This is saying Happy 80th Birthday to Professor Akinwande Oluwole (Wole Soyinka), Pronounced "Shoyinka" was born 13th July 1934. Winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize for Literature.......#IgbaOdunOdunKaniooo

Happy birthday Wole,Happy bufdei bro!!! Igba odun=5 seconds.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by idris4eva(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy birthday to ahoy mi wole soyinka....seadogs celebrate with u may ur days be long....awu for u
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Bertbert: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey: PC are still in campuses Mr... they only claim BAN when they get caught.. even in secondary schools
. Cheiii....Bro take am easy.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Sammy107d(m): 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by xtervaganza(m): 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey: Yes he is Africa's greatest writer... but he's also responsible for most of our youths not replicating his feat and reaching his height cos Of the very misappropriated use of fraternity in our society today...Which he and his dick-headed group created!
happy birthday though
so you create a group for good purpose and some lowlives later turn it to something else you'll carry the blame Abi?

The amount of scumbaggery on this site is disturbing
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Annancy(f): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hbd sir,wishin US many more yrs ahead

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
excellentmomma: Is he really an atheist as people say. If true that's very bad then, let him change o and believe b4 it is too late. Happy birthday sir all the same.
Which should he believe?Islam,Christianity ,budhism,.........n whole lots a beliefs there
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey: PC are still in campuses Mr... they only claim BAN when they get caught.. even in secondary schools
Some people on campus and even secondary schools can claim to be PC, but the question is, are they recognized by NAS? Membership of NAS (PC) is not secret. They advertise it in newspapers for their admirers to join. These people must however be graduates with NYSC discharge certificate, and that are ready to defend humanity. The panel to interview prospective members is made up of intellectuals and academics.
Any undergraduate that claims to be a member of PC is a liar.

4 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by 0merta(m): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
At 80, WS still looks fresh, cool and handsome, with a Sex Appeal that will make Ngozi's (Evergreen123) Panties soak...

For all you Niggers thinking He's an Atheist, what's your definition of Atheism?

He's actually an Ogun Adherent...just like Me too! As someone mentioned earlier, He worships Olodumare via Ogun, the Yoruba God of Iron, War and metallic Ore...
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by betatalk: 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey: Yes he is Africa's greatest writer... but he's also responsible for most of our youths not replicating his feat and reaching his height cos Of the very misappropriated use of fraternity in our society today...Which he and his dick-headed group created!
happy birthday though

Why do we like to look for who to blame for our shortcomings. If pple decide to join societies its becos dey wanted too abeg. Great writer of our time. Bsides today we celebrate mediocrity not greatness. Happy birthday great one

3 Likes

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Kennyfancy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
founder of cultism..useless man

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by betatalk: 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
Kennyfancy: founder of cultism..useless man

Really which group and r dey violent. Abegi make pple take responsibility for der actions
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy birthday!
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Clerverly: 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Some people on campus and even secondary schools can claim to be PC, but the question is, are they recognized by NAS? Membership of NAS (PC) is not secret. They advertise it in newspapers for their admirers to join. These people must however be graduates with NYSC discharge certificate, and that are ready to defend humanity. The panel to interview prospective members is made up of intellectuals and academics.
Any undergraduate that claims to be a member of PC is a liar.

Okolo way??
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Birthday to a great Icon.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by Tholuwaniey(m): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
xtervaganza: so you create a group for good purpose and some lowlives later turn it to something else you'll carry the blame Abi?

The amount of scumbaggery on this site is disturbing
I should carry the blame?? You've got no point bro
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
Clerverly:

Okolo way??
Oga mi, you're welcome back to NL.
There is no apian way to PC.

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by xtervaganza(m): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey: I should carry the blame?? You've got no point bro
did u notice the question marl in front of my comment?

I asked if its proper to blame you if your brilliant invention was later used for evil purpose
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
It is only in Nigeria that a hiphop musician is popular than a Nobel Laureate winner. If this were to be the birthday of, say, Tonto Dike, this thread would have hit front page earlier than it did. It would have also reached 5th page by now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie At The 7th Annual Igbo Conference (photos+video) / Which Book Are U Reading? / Chimamanda, Bill Gates, Prince Charles In London For Malaria Summit- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.