Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany (4586 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Amazing! Messi Goes To Ghana To Apologize To Boateng's Family!(photos) / Kevin Prince Boateng Side Lost To Borussia Monchengladbach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by tbagjames(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically: U people have started again with this racism thing. I don't know which match u watched but I saw boateng as much as I saw his center half partner hummels, and I heard his name as much as I heard Philip lahm. This is just an illusion from black people. Because he is the only black man on the pitch so whenever he is out of camera range u read meaning to it. Whenever they fail to mention his name u read meaning to it. Is this how much inferior we see ourselves?

It is time we all start seeing ourselves equal and stop looking for an excuse to blame the white man. I'm sure op was looking for boateng as if he is the only German player and because he didn't see him when he wanted to see him then he concluded cameramen were dodging him. What a bizarre statement.
its was so obvious. I observed it too
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Doncolio(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
Renz:

Go back and watch from where they start receiving their medals and celebrating with the cup.. The camera man was just avoiding him.
You go watch from when they were going to the German fans after the medals.
He looked rather sad than happy, like i said only him could say precisely why. However, there was more than enough camera man and journalist than racists.
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by tbagjames(m): 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
ninovandross: Anybody that say's the commentator and the cameramen where avoiding boateng, shld go hve their brain examined, cos the match dat I watched boateng's name was mentioned more than once
Is ''more than once '' a statistic to pride about in a game of 120 minutes?
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Ashantiking: 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
ThiefOfHearts: You have no idea what you're talking about

seeing one self as being equal doesnt mean one should dismiss racist situations, but if you like continue deluding yourselves

johnny just comes stay yarning dust.

Boateng was shown many times and his name was also called many times. That's why I and others on nairaland choose him as the player of the match. He was shown again after Gotze scored the goal.

3 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Ashantiking: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
fr3do:

I didnt watch the match so I cant say.

But seeing yourself as equal to the whites (which is right) is not going to stop some whites from seeing themselves as superior to you and taking actions to that effect.

You might have tough skin, you dont care what any white racist does or says but your kids and brothers might not possess that tough skin of yours.

The best solution to 'racism' (which in these times refer to white supremacy) is another form of racism, BLACK SUPREMACY!

Fighting for 'equality' makes the black man look inferior, what's bad if he thinks himself superior and acts to that effect?

Believe the average caucasian is enjoying the status quo ante, these guys still take some of their nasty fascist nazist imperialist colonalist men of old as heroes.

Blacks are too sensitive. We scream racism every chance we get.

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Ashantiking: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
Doncolio: Boateng was rightly called as appropriate by the commentator and given some attention as was mesuit ozil and the likes.
What stroke me however, was his demeanor of looking out of place. Looked like he just wanted not to be heard or seen.
Plus he quickly killed every spirit of gyration he was bout to initiate.
All I can tell is that he didn't feel OK somehow....could it be racism telling on him or personal issues?
Only him(Boateng) can tell the world what and how he felt.

I don't know what you saw but he looks pretty happy. How more can one celebrate. As you can see Gotze and his girl are holding jerome kids. Don't know why people like to scream racism.

1 Like

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by abatically(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

Blacks are too sensitive. We scream racism every chance we get.

Bros the thing tire me I swear. Its like the average black man has a ready made excuse whenever he fails.... RACISM. This has made us very lazy. Instead of working hard and inventing things, we sit down and whenever the white man succeeds, we shout RACISM.

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by abatically(m): 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

I don't know what you saw but he looks pretty happy. How more can one celebrate. As you can see Gotze and his girl are holding jerome kids. Don't know why people like to scream racism.

Bros, some people on nairaland really have light brains, that is what I have noticed. Racism this racism that. Huh

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Ashantiking: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

Bros the thing tire me I swear. Its like the average black man has a ready made excuse whenever he fails.... RACISM. This has made us very lazy. Instead of working hard and inventing things, we sit down and whenever the white man succeeds, we shout RACISM.

Cosign a million times

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Doncolio(m): 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

Well going by what I saw, felt he had a normal expression.
With these pics, I can see he had more.
But kindly go back to read all my post as I never said the journalist were racist.
I said there are more journalist than racist for those thinking of a racist media. Do you understand or you need me to expantiate.
And racism can be anywhere, there are black racist as well as white even though its diminshing with time. However, the black man cries and feels it more because we always want to inhabit the white man's developed society .
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by pegmatite(f): 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

Boateng was shown many times and his name was also called many times.
That's why I and others on nairaland choose him as the player of the
match. He was shown again after Gotze scored the goal.

So na like this him be! He wasnt visible during d games, compared to Holland's Martins...
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Ashantiking: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
Doncolio:
Well going by what I saw, felt he had a normal expression.
With these pics, I can see he had more.
But kindly go back to read all my post as I never said the journalist were racist.
I said there are more journalist than racist for those thinking of a racist media. Do you understand or you need me to expantiate.
And racism can be anywhere, there are black racist as well as white even though its diminshing with time. However, the black man cries and feels it more because we always want to inhabit the white man's developed society .

I know you weren't part of those screaming racism. You are right in some ways but do you know there are more black on black hatred than there are white on black.

1 Like

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by dridowu: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
@abatically, thanks for correcting them. I can't count the number of times i heard his name, the camere men showed him number of time during match and jubilation. Some pple will just cause unnecessary scene

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by ninovandross(m): 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
tbagjames:
Is ''more than once '' a statistic to pride about in a game of 120 minutes?
bro he was giving enough recognition and was lauded for his tackles yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by ninovandross(m): 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
Abi una tv no get volume

1 Like

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by ninovandross(m): 3:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

Bros, some people on nairaland really have light brains, that is what I have noticed. Racism this racism that. Huh
bro u culdnt hve said it any beta.

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

I find this part to be ignorant and racist.

Anyway, I guess you don't live in the West.
If you live in the West and you never experienced racism, it is EITHER you are extremely lucky OR you never amount to anything.
Have you ever heard of subtle racism or everyday racism? I guess you haven't.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by abatically(m): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
TheCongo:

I find this part to be ignorant and racist.

Anyway, I guess you don't live in the West.
If you live in the West and you never experienced racism, it is EITHER you are extremely lucky OR you never amount to anything.
Have you ever heard of subtle racism or everyday racism? I guess you haven't.

Have a nice day.

Bros, I've lived in the West for many years. Yes racism does exist (I never said it doesn't), but it is not as much as we make it look. The reason lots of people think this way is they have it in their head, like they are always looking for a racist situation and strike at every slight opportunity. If a policeman stops a white man speeding above recommended speed limit and asks for his papers, ITS ALL GOOD. But when the same policeman stops a black man for the same offense it becomes RACISM.

I'll give u an example.. let's assume a poor man suddenly gets rich overnight, and after a few months his child dies. An average Nigerian would conclude he used his child for money ritual without even trying to investigate. A white man on the other hand would carry out an autopsy to find out the cause of his death and if they can't find anything it is an act of God.

Another example, I have seen an innocent Nigerian give a pregnant woman a lift to her destination and along the way the woman died in his car. The mob practically lynched this innocent man and almost set him ablaze but for the intervention of the police. They claimed he used the woman for ritual... I mean that is the way we reason in this country. We act based on the first thing that comes to our minds, without having a re think.

A thread was opened on nairaland yesterday after FIFA gave awards, the topic was 'No golden boot award'? and the OP was so confident FIFA didn't give golden boot award because it was not shown on camera. Someone even commented that FIFA was trying to secretly give the award to Messi. I mean who reasons like that? Everyone knows James Rodriguez won golden boot, he wasn't probably around and that was why they couldn't capture the presentation.

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by pelvicky(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
bercarray: sharing dat pics on 2go will not be as clear as on facebk,i'll use it as ma fb dp,jst search 4 bakare olalekan on fb,can u do dat?
i av accepted ur frnd request on 2go,,so wen we meet,,we shal discuss abt dat...tanx
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

Bros, I've lived in the West for many years. Yes racism does exist (I never said it doesn't), but it is not as much as we make it look. The reason lots of people think this way is they have it in their head, like they are always looking for a racist situation and strike at every slight opportunity. If a policeman stops a white man speeding above recommended speed limit and asks for his papers, ITS ALL GOOD. But when the same policeman stops a black man for the same offense it becomes RACISM.

People cry racism ONLY when they have been stopped by the police without probable cause. There is such thing call racial profiling and it is a proven fact that black get more scrutiny from the police than white.

You say racism isn't as much as we make it look. You may be right but you have to understand the perception of people who are on the receiving side of injustice for too long. You may dismiss an incident that it is too small to complain about but remember the cumulative effect of small incidents will have a psychological impact on the victim. Just think about the Chinese water torture.

1 Like

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by HopeAtHand: 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
I think it will be weird if a White Man plays for the Nigerian national football team.

#Feelfreetoreadanymeaningyouwant.

1 Like

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by traware(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

Sir,no be only you the thing tire.I still don't understand why Nigerians give so much importance to white people and by the way,what stopped Nigerians from planning and working hard to reach the final and win the trophy so that they'll be so many Black people on the field,the 'racist' cameramen and journalists wouldn't be able to 'ignore' them?Excuses,excuses

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Davidolives(m): 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
boateng that my sis even asked me that do germans have black people. if that is the case is kehdira not an african they even showed him from the bench
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by daryoor(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
it more of the fact that he is a defender not because he is black, he sticks to the defence line unlike lahm. if he was the striker won't they call him frequently whether he is white black green purple rebulican or vegetarian

1 Like

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by abatically(m): 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
traware: Sir,no be only you the thing tire.I still don't understand why Nigerians give so much importance to white people and by the way,what stopped Nigerians from planning and working hard to reach the final and win the trophy so that they'll be so many Black people on the field,the 'racist' cameramen and journalists wouldn't be able to 'ignore' them?Excuses,excuses

Since we like blaming the white man whenever we fail, so who does the white man blame when he fails?

1 Like

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

Boateng was shown many times and his name was also called many times. That's why I and others on nairaland choose him as the player of the match. He was shown again after Gotze scored the goal.

I saw that particular "scene" after the game was over actually. it wasnt during the actual goal

anyway im nbot sure why you are quoting me? are you honestly trying to TELL me what I saw or didnt see? LOL. The commentators I listened to opn Channel 7 in NY didnt mention him nor did I see him til the end so..

not sure why you think you can tell me what I did or didnt see. moving on. cool
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

Since we like blaming the white man whenever we fail, so who does the white man blame when he fails?

what does failure have to do with anything?

actually nevermind, dont respond abeg. I know your type and I dont care for them at all. we will never agree and life goes on.

world cup over, today is a new day
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
TheCongo:

People cry racism ONLY when they have been stopped by the police without probable cause. There is such thing call racial profiling and it is a proven fact that black get more scrutiny from the police than white.

You say racism isn't as much as we make it look. You may be right but you have to understand the perception of people who are on the receiving side of injustice for too long. You may dismiss an incident that it is too small to complain about but remember the cumulative effect of small incidents will have a psychological impact on the victim. Just think about the Chinese water torture.

Dont even bother. You make a great point but it will go over his head. People like that will make excuses for everything. obvious racist bs could happen right in their face and they will excuse it away just to seem "beyond that". anyone who has lived in the west for as long as I have would never make such comments so Ill just let it go.

2 Likes

Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Ashantiking: 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
ThiefOfHearts:

I saw that particular "scene" after the game was over actually. it wasnt during the actual goal

anyway im nbot sure why you are quoting me? are you honestly trying to TELL me what I saw or didnt see? LOL. The commentators I listened to opn Channel 7 in NY didnt mention him nor did I see him til the end so..

not sure why you think you can tell me what I did or didnt see. moving on. cool

I am not trying to tell you anything sweetheart. I am just telling you what I saw. I watched the game on abc and I heard his name and saw him plenty of time. That's why me and a bunch of nairalanders gave this man of the match. We wouldn't give him
Man of the match if we did not see or heard his name. Maybe the commentators from channel did not mention or showed him but they did on my side.
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by BodyKiss(m): 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
Renz:

Go back and watch from where they start receiving their medals and celebrating with the cup.. The camera man was just avoiding him.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by Renz(m): 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
BodyKiss:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

You think so? Well that's gud cos am not.
Re: Camera Men Avoids Boateng Of Germany by traware(m): 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

He blames himself,learns from his mistake/s and improves himself for future successes.Unlike ...... You need proof?Just look at the plans the Germans laid-out and strictly adhered to after their failures at Euro 2000 and Euro 2004.Now those are a people who possess a world-class mentality.Compare them to Nigerians whose plan is to win the world cup via luck and prayers.I dey laff

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Sports Festival: Garden City Games 2011 (The Official Thread) / Where To Play Volleyball In Lagos? / Lionsbet Is Now My Favorite Sport Betting Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.