Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (91815 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / 12 Great Cities To Retire To In Africa (photos) / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by temzybabe(f): 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
teewhybabee: Madam,God go bless u, abeg describe d place where u dey get 100# meat for dat ilorin. cuz d whole of oja oba/ tanke /okeodo / chanllenge wey I don patronise meat sellers, na vex I dey take buy 300# own and e dey small die.
. Lool.. Come to oke-ose market wink
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Champella(m): 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
tsolz84: PTI form is going to be on sale nxt year prolly feb;my little couz bought his for #5000 earlier this yr;and he wrote the entrance exam last month..the sch fees should be about 20k aside other levies and fees

Wow! Their skol fee is quite cheap den. So how abt accommodation close 2 d skol?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tshakes(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
are the northerners not part of nigeria again ni?!!!
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tope777(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
@ my town Ijero Ekiti, I bought N50 banana and 3 people can't finish it. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
GentleMimi: Ile-Ife...true. Very calm,quiet and affordable place. After living in %Lagos all my life,a time off at Ife was well deserved. From Lagere to General(teaching hsptl) was N20. Lol. The highest T-fare then was N50.
But talk of boring....mehn!!!
ife is quite boring i agree but those that think rent is cheap have to think twice- if you're planning on getting something close to either oau campus or the teaching hospital then be prepared to pay more... a 3 bedroom flat around here goes for about 250-300k now compared to some areas where you can get the same flat for between 100-140k. Light is a bit stable if you stay around mayfair, ibadan road or parakin. Its quite bad in the interior especially ilode, opa etc. i guess ondo road has the best power supply so far in ife... overall its just a laid back town and quiet.Transport is very cheap;a bus ride from campus to the very end of ife -opa area cost 70 naira max!!!
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
kizbad:
Ibadan

Ibadan is no longer that ancient city that was struggling to adapt to modernization. A visit to Ibadan would convince you that it is a place to inhabit when compared the cost of living in Lagos or other major cities. Every modern amenities and ritz in any modern city in Nigeria can be found in Ibadan. Many of the older buildings have been renovated and the city now has a matchless blend of modern and conservative. From upscale neighbourhood, vibrant nightlife to cheap transportation, the city has it all. The low housing cost and high quality living standard has attracted many people to relocate to the city.

This pile of junk is what the author called "ritz" and "blend of modern and conservative"?

What is the NDLEA doing when people are taking some dangerous Indian Hemp?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by chi1974: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
exactly the point made buddie
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
kizbad: Many Nigerians grew up dreaming of living in Lagos or Abuja, which are known to be the most expensive cities in Nigeria. In reality, they can’t afford the cost of living in these cities because they come with high price tags. On the other hand, some Nigerians are looking for the cheapest cities to live in, places where our Naira will last a little longer, no matter their expenses.
Fortunately, there are cities that offer low cost of living with thriving economy, countless opportunities for investment and to earn money. The cities also offer laid back lifestyle, political stability and low cost housing.
Here are the 10 cheapest cities to live in Nigeria. These cities share one principal similarity, which is low cost of living.
Ikot Ekpene

Ikot Ekpene is known as the ‘Raffia City’, is situated in Akwa Ibom state. The city is famous for its commercial activities and raffia business. Ikot Ekpene is the regional centre of commerce; it is famous for its commercial activities where notable exports of palm products and ground crops come cheap. Housing is affordable as new apartment buildings have all the modern amenities. The city and its neighbouring areas are accessible with public transportation, which are cheap and plentiful.
Aba

Low-cost housing in Aba has become a strong incentive for those who relocate to this quiet and peaceful city in Abia State. Houses are affordable, even to those with a median household income. Aba is a popular destination in the Eastern part of Nigeria, major economic contributions such as textiles, plastics, cement, cosmetics has contributed to the city’s affordability repute. The city has the largest market in West Africa, Ariaria International Market and that is why Fashion-savvy and business people visit this city for exportation and importation of goods. Food is very cheap because of the numerous villages surrounding this city and transportation is very affordable. The city’s oil wells and natural gas repository has given the city an added energy, attracting business travellers and investors from around the world.
Ibadan

Ibadan is no longer that ancient city that was struggling to adapt to modernization. A visit to Ibadan would convince you that it is a place to inhabit when compared the cost of living in Lagos or other major cities. Every modern amenities and ritz in any modern city in Nigeria can be found in Ibadan. Many of the older buildings have been renovated and the city now has a matchless blend of modern and conservative. From upscale neighbourhood, vibrant nightlife to cheap transportation, the city has it all. The low housing cost and high quality living standard has attracted many people to relocate to the city.
Ikom

Ikom is actually a small town, rather than a city but it’s far more expansive and modern compared to some other Nigerian towns. It’s somewhat more lively and cheaper than you might otherwise expect. Modern development has started to creep in and the city has beautiful tourist attraction sites such as Nigeria’s Stonehenge called Ikom Monoliths, Afi rain forest, Ikom town beach and Agbokim Waterfall. The city has almost everything a Nigerian could want, from fresh foods to low cost housing and a peaceful environment. For more of a standard family lifestyle, you will be happy you to relocate to Ikom. Obudu Cattle Ranch is not very far from the town.
Ilorin

Prices for several things in Ilorin are cheaper than you can ever imagine. Ilorin is a blessed city with beautiful attractions, great educational facilities, natural resources, historical relics and health facilities for the residents. The city has no shortage of opportunities, the number of companies and businesses has boosted because the boundless business culture makes it an illustrious city for entrepreneurs and investors. Those who live here get anything they want since the city offers plenty ways to live cheaply. Housing is affordable, it is incredibly inexpensive to rent an apartment.
Onitsha

At the present, Onitsha is more urbanized compare to the ancient Onitsha where crime was once the order of the day. The city is located in Anambra State and has now become a residence to those who want to live in an exciting and vibrating city. Public transportation goes everywhere and makes getting around very easy. The city has undergone various developmental efforts and has become a more livable city, particularly for families. From low cost of living to cheap housing, Onitsha got it all for you.
Ile Ife

Ile Ife has many cultural sights and offer residents affordability of many things. Situated in Osun State, Ife is home to one of Africa’s largest ethnolinguistic groups and the famous the Natural History Museum of Nigeria and the Obafemi Awolowo University. The cost of living is cheap; abundant food and a sense of adventure is very widespread in the town. It is an entertaining place to call home and its becoming increasingly affluent with many successful businesses. The city is truly an amazing place to live, especially for young families.
Zaria

Zaria was formerly known as Zazzau, one city in the Northern Nigeria that is experiencing relative peace with no fear hanging in the air. It is the home of the largest university in Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello University and home to other famous schools in Nigeria. It is quiet and has lots of attractions sites like the Queen Amina Wall and other places. The cost of living in Zaria is very low. Goods and services are relatively affordable and transportation is cheap too. The city is an ideal place to live; the residents are rewarded with a interesting culture and low prices on everything they want.

- See more at:http://www.askranker.com/2014/07/10-cheapest-cities-to-live-in-nigeria.html

[size=15pt]This is incomplete without[/size] [size=50pt]AKURE[/size]
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by kobonaire(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
If you need more/any information on Zaria hit me up .... I be the unofficial Zaria tourist/ prospective resident guide ..... #ZariaRocks
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by ChinoElects: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Op that Onitsha pix is over 15years.

Below is the current state of Onitsha city. Edit your pix!

Besides Onitsha shouldn't be on this list at all. The city is most expensive city in the SE. Go to main market and price one small shop or touch a real estate at 3-3 zone or Trans Nkisi or Omaba not to talk of GRA and American Qyrs.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by wrench: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
The city of Jos is relatively cheap as well, food stuffs in abundance, accomodation is quiet affordable, good roads #Thanks to Baba Jang#, Mehn but light scarce oo except for few areas like Rantya, State Low cost who can boast of 24 Hrs power supply. J town as it's popularly called is a social town with bars and recreational centres scattered all over. And hopefully we'll surely enjoy that peace we've been yearning for. PLATEAU~ Home Of Peace And Tourism

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by wiringdpt(m): 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
For me its ibadan, 2011 i went home for my grandma's burial and i met a realestate and he offered me a 1500sqft 3bedroom 4 bath for 65k naira per year..i was paying 165k for my room and parlour self contain in isolo
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by cooljintl(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
[quote author=kizbad]Many Nigerians grew up dreaming of living in Lagos or Abuja, which are known to be the most expensive cities in Nigeria. In reality, they can’t afford the cost of living in these cities because they come with high price tags. On the other hand, some Nigerians are looking for the cheapest cities to live in, places where our Naira will last a little longer, no matter their expenses.
Fortunately, there are cities that offer low cost of living with thriving economy, countless opportunities for investment and to earn money. The cities also offer laid back lifestyle, political stability and low cost housing.
Here are the 10 cheapest cities to live in Nigeria. These cities share one principal similarity, which is low cost of living.
Ikot Ekpene

Ikot Ekpene is known as the ‘Raffia City’, is situated in Akwa Ibom state. The city is famous for its commercial activities and raffia business. Ikot Ekpene is the regional centre of commerce; it is famous for its commercial activities where notable exports of palm products and ground crops come cheap. Housing is affordable as new apartment buildings have all the modern amenities. The city and its neighbouring areas are accessible with public transportation, which are cheap and plentiful.
Aba

Low-cost housing in Aba has become a strong incentive for those who relocate to this quiet and peaceful city in Abia State. Houses are affordable, even to those with a median household income. Aba is a popular destination in the Eastern part of Nigeria, major economic contributions such as textiles, plastics, cement, cosmetics has contributed to the city’s affordability repute. The city has the largest market in West Africa, Ariaria International Market and that is why Fashion-savvy and business people visit this city for exportation and importation of goods. Food is very cheap because of the numerous villages surrounding this city and transportation is very affordable. The city’s oil wells and natural gas repository has given the city an added energy, attracting business travellers and investors from around the world.
Ibadan

Ikom

Ikom is actually a small town, rather than a city but it’s far more expansive and modern compared to some other Nigerian towns. It’s somewhat more lively and cheaper than you might otherwise expect. Modern development has started to creep in and the city has beautiful tourist attraction sites such as Nigeria’s Stonehenge called Ikom Monoliths, Afi rain forest, Ikom town beach and Agbokim Waterfall. The city has almost everything a Nigerian could want, from fresh foods to low cost housing and a peaceful environment. For more of a standard family lifestyle, you will be happy you to relocate to Ikom. Obudu Cattle Ranch is not very far from the town.
Ilorin

Prices for several things in Ilorin are cheaper than you can ever imagine. Ilorin is a blessed city with beautiful attractions, great educational facilities, natural resources, historical relics and health facilities for the residents. The city has no shortage of opportunities, the number of companies and businesses has boosted because the boundless business culture makes it an illustrious city for entrepreneurs and investors. Those who live here get anything they want since the city offers plenty ways to live cheaply. Housing is affordable, it is incredibly inexpensive to rent an apartment.
Onitsha

At the present, Onitsha is more urbanized compare to the ancient Onitsha where crime was once the order of the day. The city is located in Anambra State and has now become a residence to those who want to live in an exciting and vibrating city. Public transportation goes everywhere and makes getting around very easy. The city has undergone various developmental efforts and has become a more livable city, particularly for families. From low cost of living to cheap housing, Onitsha got it all for you.
Ile Ife

Ile Ife has many cultural sights and offer residents affordability of many things. Situated in Osun State, Ife is home to one of Africa’s largest ethnolinguistic groups and the famous the Natural History Museum of Nigeria and the Obafemi Awolowo University. The cost of living is cheap; abundant food and a sense of adventure is very widespread in the town. It is an entertaining place to call home and its becoming increasingly affluent with many successful businesses. The city is truly an amazing place to live, especially for young families.
Zaria

Zaria was formerly known as Zazzau, one city in the Northern Nigeria that is experiencing relative peace with no fear hanging in the air. It is the home of the largest university in Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello University and home to other famous schools in Nigeria. It is quiet and has lots of attractions sites like the Queen Amina Wall and other places. The cost of living in Zaria is very low. Goods and services are relatively affordable and transportation is cheap too. The city is an ideal place to live; the residents are rewarded with a interesting culture and low prices on everything they want.

- See more at:http://www.askranker.com/2014/07/10-cheapest-cities-to-live-in-nigeria.html[/quote J-Twon is most cheapest city in nigeria that av ever known compared wit Osun,Kaduna, Ondo an Abia....

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by bolaji73(m): 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
with all the various posts have read about osun state,I may guess Oau community had been alienated from the state in terms of cheap commodity.
As a new student, I spend close to #300 to cook simple soup.being a student,i should consider that as paying through the nose.
Maybe because am new to the system that's why am finding it difficult to trail a frugal like.
For my suppose seniors that know how things work,I will really be glad for your advisory comment on how to manage resources minimally when dealing with stomach infrastructure.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Jglad(f): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mrkuvuki: Yea onitsha is cheap,I grew up there ...where else can you get a 3Bedroom flat for 120K-220K?
av u tried Ilorin u will definitely get it there...
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
GentleMimi: Ile-Ife...true. Very calm,quiet and affordable place. After living in %Lagos all my life,a time off at Ife was well deserved. From Lagere to General(teaching hsptl) was N20. Lol. The highest T-fare then was N50.
But talk of boring....mehn!!!

That was then o, the cheapest drop is now #40.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by ikillmods: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2014
@OP ilorin is not affordable in terms of food stuff oo, their food stuff is as expensive as lagos, even more than some times. And they put all their problems on students...
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:35am On Jul 16, 2014
Brandybliss: Come to Nyanya in Abuja. Nyanya area A - F cheap cheap houses even sef free of charge 4 dos pipo wey don live since Abacha tym
U live around Nyanya??
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by enomakos(m): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2014
[quote
author=fclala]Osogbo is a very cool place to live with power supply
almost100%, food stuff very cheap and transportation relatively very low
however, cost of housing is gradually growing by the day.God help
us.[/quote]

how much for a 3 bedroom flat or for one room?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by touchmeder: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2014
DIVFAVOR: hmmmm I dey laff, I think its time people visit Benin City the ancient kingdom,

If you are looking for a cheap city where you can get anything you want in a lesser price then visti Benin city,

3bedroom flat all ensuite in GRA is not more than 160k - 250k

foodstuffs very cheap in any market,
Transportation very cheap
the best of all is Electricity, have travelled to all the south south states, south east states, western states, but non is comparable to Benin City in terms of electricity, I have observed.

Please my good people go to Benin and see for your self.
Ure rit 2a large extent. Light in some areas in good esp GRA. Rent is reasonable too. But like most cities its purely a civil service state. If u nor get govt/fed govt work, den u must like business. Security tho.....
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by diamond4life: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2014
ile-ife, yes i was born and grew up there. very cheap, quiet, nice and a little boring but fast growing big town (or city as you may want to call it). you can get a 4 bedroom apartment for as low as #100k to #120k at eleyele or parakin (two of the most expensive and neatest residential quarters), even my friends got one 2 yrs ago for #70k, though not in those areas i mention above, and transportation (via a commercial 10-seater bus) from toll-gate(ibadan rd) to opa-alakowe(ilesha rd) (end to end of the town) is just #60. but food in ife is not that cheap, not as cheap as in ibadan, ilorin, oyo or osogbo. because i have lived in those places also.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Brandybliss(f): 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
U live around Nyanya??
Duuuuh
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by amacastel: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
EbuGeneral: In Aba, u can get a 3 bedroom flat at affordable price.. Ranging from 8k to 15k a month depending on de area and de building. OP why u no show us de real face of Aba? Places like ngwa road,Evina,Owerri Aba, Umuode, Ariaria etc. U come de show us GRA. Pls replace Onitcha with Asaba, most business people now come from Asaba, 33, Nkpor to Onitcha main market, etc... Pls where is Abakiliki?

Asaba ke most pple doing bizness in osha stay in osha not asaba if u knw osha well u wil agree wit me that osha is filed up tha why pple take solace in suburban like nkpor,ogidi,nkwelle,awada,nsugbe, 33 housing,akpaka resevr @ the back of prison .traffic in asaba is killing coupled with the last year flood issue mst plle staying rent in okwei are back to osha population of pple that ran to asaba last 2yrs has reduce drastically with the a fore mention areas more occupied

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by KelvinGraphics(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Brandybliss: Duuuuh
Hiaan.
Whatasay?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by senermirim: 11:02am On Jul 18, 2014
The information which you shared about the cheapest places which is better to live in Nigeria was worthy. These kind of information is the best source for the members who wants to visit the Nigeria first time.

istanbul tours
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by PucciGuru(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
Brandybliss: Come to Nyanya in Abuja. Nyanya area A - F cheap cheap houses even sef free of charge 4 dos pipo wey don live since Abacha tym

Do you stay near the outskirts of abuja?...I have a request please
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Brandybliss(f): 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
PucciGuru:

Do you stay near the outskirts of abuja?...I have a request please
Nooooo
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by PucciGuru(m): 10:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Brandybliss: Nooooo
Please you have a message in your Email.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Brandybliss(f): 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
Your name discouraged me from checking it
PucciGuru:
Please you have a message in your Email.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by PucciGuru(m): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Brandybliss: Your name discouraged me from checking it
Have a clean heart naaa,how do I change my username....I'm a cool guy but I don't want to pretend like most Nigerians do.....I'm a Guru sincerely....
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Brandybliss(f): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
PucciGuru:
Have a clean heart naaa,how do I change my username....I'm a cool guy but I don't want to pretend like most Nigerians do.....I'm a Guru sincerely....
Well i like learners,, u don pass my power
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Edigrows: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
Dubby6: op abeg na 8 dey here oo..
Pls which state is ikom in
I think say places like borno go cheap pass now...Onitcha cheap?
Benin is d cheapest ive lived in in terms of mama put...no b dis PH wey dem go get mind give u half plate for 350 still dey xpect make u free d change
Laff wan tear my belle grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen? / New York Vs London / Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.