Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (91817 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / 12 Great Cities To Retire To In Africa (photos) / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by M4gunners: 9:10am On Jul 14, 2014
Gloria16: Jos and Kaduna are also cheap. I tink Jos is one of the cheapest in Nigeria in all ramifications. Kaduna is cheap as well
Eh you get mind o.Dia na war zone .
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by harmony940(m): 9:15am On Jul 14, 2014
Dam! Akure is not cheap,house rent is at the high side,buying of food stuff is dam epensive. Food and housing are two factors one will consider in Low cost state...Last bullet:Akure is not cheap.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by bigwallace(m): 9:17am On Jul 14, 2014
tuffgongjo: Ilorin is not a cheap town,that is what outsider do believe,it is also not a town of opportunities because they are tribalistic$they aren't welcoming.
u lie i stayed in ilorin too,dey re very hospitable,i remebered am always bin feed by woman oppsite my house without even asking her for it nd tins re quite cheap very cheap compared to lagos.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by 18wheeler: 9:22am On Jul 14, 2014
Zaria...so true. Been living there over 7yrs now.
I've always fancied living in Ikot-Ekpene,Calabar, Uyo. Hope to one day.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by MacLovington(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2014
elitejosef:
In benin u still get well tushed 3b flat for 8k monthly

True. If you don't mind living a bit away from Central areas, you will get a 3-bedroom flat, ensuite, fenced, borehole etc for about 100 to 120k/year in Benin.

Foodstuff from the many markets are cheap.

Power is not stable though, you need a gen set.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 14, 2014
CHESSBOARD: I cant still understand why ABA is sooo cheap, an Item my wife bought in Portharcourt for #45,000 is just #7,000 in Aba and its just a 30 mins drive
Thats bc #7000 is the actual Selling Price, the only reason i hate PH is bc they over-hype things...the town isn't supposed to be dat expensive on a good day. Then OP, Yes food stuffs, clothing , transport is cheap in Aba - but def not housing. When a standard 3 bdroom in a choice area is going for 18k - 25k a mth, considering the fact that there is no job in Aba, except banking/few civil servant /teachers/ few private coys ...that's not cheap as far as a concerned bc, an average salary earner in the town can't afford that easily. I understand PH being expensive, na 2 much Oil companies around dey worry them.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Ariyke: 9:30am On Jul 14, 2014
olaezebala: Osogbo is one of the cheapest.
The only place in Nigeria where buying of generating set is useless.
true even buying of generator in Ife generally is waste of money cus light is stable
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2014
Soldierboy30: Hi @everyone akwaibom state is actually very beautiful,carm strong security and stedy power supply,low cost of living,good road transport.and the above mentioned touched everypart and corner of akwa-ibom.housing is cheap and very confortable.our 3bedroom flat with standard estate genarator we were paying 110k I mean a modern day tailed 3bedroom flat.D state is not corrupt and education is very good and affordable,gov. Schs are free and upto todays standard, Food is cheap and very fresh too their people are very nice and accomodating,we just relocated to enugu my morm complains everyday and wish she could work her posting back there, I miss d state too. I strongly recoment there for anyone. Goodmorning NL
ehn, anyway u said AK, probably not Uyo, i served in uyo o, their road na die, I dey do Formula 3 racing with my friends @4lane, but trust me food stuffs aint cheap @ Akpanadem mkt and co, i paid 140k a yr as a corp member for a self contain. The education system is good too, i served @ Aka-offot comm sch, very 9ce govt sch...and free too- probably that's why i had 30yrs old men in my class...lol.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Bawsse(m): 9:32am On Jul 14, 2014
i cant find kaduna here... kaduna is fuc.king cheap...

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by viruz007(m): 9:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Dubby6: op abeg na 8 dey here oo..
Pls which state is ikom in
I think say places like borno go cheap pass now...Onitcha cheap?
Benin is d cheapest ive lived in in terms of mama put...no b dis PH wey dem go get mind give u half plate for 350 still dey xpect make u free d change

Baba make Oluwa bless you for this yarn. 350 yet e no b like u chop food. PHC which way na?

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by gebest: 9:34am On Jul 14, 2014
MANGAM: Akure is very cheap to live in too. Ilorin is the cheapest city I ve lived in
BRO AKURE IS NOT CHEAP AT ALL, A PLATE OF FOQD IS 250-300 YET U NO GO BELEFU, WHILE IN OSHOGBO WIT 80 NAIRA U LL EAT ND BE CERTISFY.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by DIVFAVOR(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2014
hmmmm I dey laff, I think its time people visit Benin City the ancient kingdom,

If you are looking for a cheap city where you can get anything you want in a lesser price then visti Benin city,

3bedroom flat all ensuite in GRA is not more than 160k - 250k

foodstuffs very cheap in any market,
Transportation very cheap
the best of all is Electricity, have travelled to all the south south states, south east states, western states, but non is comparable to Benin City in terms of electricity, I have observed.

Please my good people go to Benin and see for your self.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tuffgongjo(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2014
bigwallace: u lie i stayed in ilorin too,dey re very hospitable,i remebered am always bin feed by woman oppsite my house without even asking her for it nd tins re quite cheap very cheap compared to lagos.
you also lie cus I stayed in a place where d neighbors are always anti-non citizen so sleep on that.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by kamo2930yahoo(f): 9:35am On Jul 14, 2014
Kaduna should be included.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Islie: 9:36am On Jul 14, 2014
i will say Ilorin......

I stay in Ibadan..... and Ibadan is not as cheap as it used to be before.......
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by adanny01(m): 9:36am On Jul 14, 2014
I suspect PDP on this list. Ikot Ekpene!

I didnt expect any of Akwa Ibom town to make this list. The people are known for high level of greed in their pricing structure and their unwelcoming attitude towards visitors who intend to take something home from business. Igbos dont find it easy there.

Though there is money to be made there.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by gebest: 9:38am On Jul 14, 2014
superior1: Ilorin, Osogbo and Akure
please remove Akure, Akure is not cheap.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by wildchild1: 9:43am On Jul 14, 2014
duby91:

hmmm, that's cool...only if i knew during the days of nysc. i would have lived like a king.
quote author=frainc]Abeokuta is very cheap also[/quote]

Abeokuta is not cheap when compared to those places mentioned,i grew up there so i know what im saying
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by freshboy88(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2014
did u jst say onitsha z cheap? abi e diff 4rm d 1 wey i knw?...iffahia
ILORIN z d cheapest city i av eva bin to...ask ma peepz @ agbo oba, oke oyi n so on

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Olarajee(m): 9:48am On Jul 14, 2014
temzybabe: Ilorin is actually very cheap. With 100#, one can even make stew. grin

very boring you forget to add.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by UjSizzle(f): 9:48am On Jul 14, 2014
Aba is not quiet. It's actually horrible.

Onitsha is not cheap. How can you Igbo money making central cheap? undecided

Where/What is Ikom

4 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by frainc(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2014
wildchild1:
quote author=frainc]Abeokuta is very cheap also

Abeokuta is not cheap when compared to those places mentioned,i grew up there so i know what im saying
Abeokuta,lagos, ph, asaba and benin
Which one is more cheaper o mr know it all
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Bigsteveg(m): 9:50am On Jul 14, 2014
olaezebala: Osogbo is one of the cheapest.
The only place in Nigeria where buying of generating set is useless.

I sincerely agree, cab is 30naira, no matter where ure going to within osogbo u cant spend 100naira on transportation. And about NEPA, osogbo has a distribution station so light there is excellent. I remember when i was still schooling, they will tell u when they want to take light.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by phantom(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2014
Ibadan is crazy cheap! I confirmed that city when I bought 200 naira rice beans and plantain at ABH canteen, UCH.
the same meal in PH wouldn't be less than 500 naira
I got scared when I couldn't finish it.
it was the same thing in town.
3 bedroom flat at Ibadan no go reach 200k.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 14, 2014
KAYCEEJUNIOR: The only thing cheap in Onitsha Anambra is cost of transportation is as good as cheap.....you can travel the whole 27 local govt with just N500 verrry cheap eh

Its 21 actually
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Very soon people will start running out of lagos cos landlords are really doing gone busineSs with their asset,imagine getting a room&parlour self-contain for 750k-1m Naira.... Mind u its not in lekki oooo
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by RebelLeader15(m): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2014
O/p remove Onitsha, a small store in Onitsha main market is over 600k per year, #i rep Ilorin Afonja

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2014
himkers:

Its 21 actually
thanks ...

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 14, 2014
Ilorin is Cheap but Ma pple at Oke Odo near Unilorin know watsup..
[color=#006600][/color]
Abeg does anyone have an idea of hw much it costs to rent house @ Ilorin from arnd challenge to Unilorin area? Pls I really av to know.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by baymart247(m): 9:59am On Jul 14, 2014
Iamsynord: Ilorin is Cheap but Ma pple at Oke Odo near Unilorin know watsup..
. . the cost of living in tanke is high. aside that, Ilorin is cheap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen? / New York Vs London / Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.