Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out (5709 Views)

2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam / PTDF Overseas Scholarship 2013/2014: Shortlisted Candidates. / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by greatdave(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Seems every1 hre is prepped with their admission/offer letters in hand...God help ur boi oo!
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by DMainMan: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
@greatdave, catchdwind4rmkd, kenevics, ucheewa.

Av u guys applied for hostel accommodation.

D earlier d better before it is filled.

I want to know the accommodation specifications that is within PTDF budget. Make I no go select wetin de no fit afford o.

When applying for my school accommodation, they were asking which
housing types do I desire whether it is a
Single room, Single room with basin, double room, ensuites, Private accommodation etc.

Also, de were asking if it is goin to b
catered or self catered. By Catered, they mean the university hostel will offer feeding to you while self catered means feeding will b provide by oneself.

Also, i will like to know about accommodation duration. Is it
September to September or
September to June cos my course
semester finishes by June o according to my admission letter.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by DMainMan: 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
@ GenerousLord and Sashafm . Usually out towards d end of d year. U will buy a scratch card worth 1K.

@ cc150615 and MarvellousGod, u can apply for Purchasing and Supply Management, Occupational Safety and Health and Health and Safety
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by GenerousLord: 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
DMainMan: @ GenerousLord and Sashafm . Usually out towards d end of d year. U will buy a scratch card worth 1K.

@ cc150615 and MarvellousGod, u can apply for Purchasing and Supply Management, Occupational Safety and Health and Health and Safety
Thanks. Wish you the very best.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by ucheewa: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2014
DMainMan: @greatdave, catchdwind4rmkd, kenevics, ucheewa.

I want to know the accommodation specifications that is within PTDF budget. Make I no go select wetin de no fit afford o.

Single room, Single room with basin, double room, ensuites, Private accommodation etc.

catered or self catered. By Catered, they mean the university hostel will offer feeding to you while self catered means feeding will b provide by oneself.

I think this is where we need the help of past scholars or perhaps we should just wait till induction. Who has gotten a Cert of Acceptance? That's most crucial for now.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2014

My case is worse brothers.

Got Refinery Design and Operations on the Scholarship List

Applied alrdy to Manchester, though the course name has been changed to Advanced Process Integration and Design; they already sent me the admission letter and I've accepted. Surprising took them just 2days.

But here's my problem, I'm already working in the Oilfield and really finding it hard to accept the career change. I applied to RGU for Drilling and Well Engineering even before I applied to Manchester, but they are yet to reply me with an offer saying it will take 21days.

As a Chemical Engineer though, I'll be fine with the process course, however, I've got to maintain my advantage of re-employment after study.

As such, until I'm sure which of the schools I'll join, I can't rush into booking for accommodation.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
For the accommodation, it should be September to September. That's a year.

I was even thinking we should get 3months after study to search for job before returning home.

Any of which, we'll be oriented during the inauguration.

It'll be nice for us to connect on BBM or Watsapp for quick and easy communication
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by lazinc(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2014

Congratulations as a potential PTDF scholar.

PTDF now gives it's scholars accommodation money in cash. So you have the liberty to decide if you want to settle for school or off campus accommodation which is relatively cheaper.
Though I would advise you stay in school accommodation for like 2 to 3 months while you take time to look for a better accommodation outside school and also allow you to settle down quickly as you arrive the UK.
You may want to go ahead and book for the school accommodation (Ensuite, of course self-catered) which you can decide to leave whenever you choose to.
Best of luck
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by ucheewa: 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
lazinc:

Congratulations as a potential PTDF scholar.

PTDF now gives it's scholars accommodation money in cash. So you have the liberty to decide if you want to settle for school or off campus accommodation which is relatively cheaper.
Though I would advise you stay in school accommodation for like 2 to 3 months while you take time to look for a better accommodation outside school and also allow you to settle down quickly as you arrive the UK.
You may want to go ahead and book for the school accommodation (Ensuite, of course self-catered) which you can decide to leave whenever you choose to.
Best of luck

Are you a past scholar lazinc? A former scholar mentioned something about PTDF making some arrangement with either our landlords or agents. Anyways, how about if you intend to go to schools without accomodation? Where do you start? Can you give us more generic tips. And I second the motion of a BBM chat group.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by lazinc(m): 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
ucheewa:

Are you a past scholar lazinc? A former scholar mentioned something about PTDF making some arrangement with either our landlords or agents. Anyways, how about if you intend to go to schools without accomodation? Where do you start? Can you give us more generic tips. And I second the motion of a BBM chat group.

Like I said, PTDF will be giving its scholars accommodation money and living expenses for the first 3 months as they are leaving for the UK. You can always sort yourself out when you get over to the UK.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by kenevics: 8:48am On Jul 28, 2014
@Dmainman et al., I applied for accommodation but those guys are asking for £500 application fee. I am just waiting. as for CoA, until ptdf pay the acceptance fee, they won't send you such.
@Lazinc, I just hope you are right. I need the damn cash so I can make my pick and use my spending and savings freedom.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by Napolitano14: 9:59am On Jul 28, 2014
@Laznic kindly give the breakdown of how to go about getting cheaper and convenient accomodation outside campus which is not far from school.
@Kenevics what do u mean by CoA?
I am also for Manchester , happy hearing more ppl going to manchester cos I believe there is success in cooperating.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by kenevics: 11:13am On Jul 28, 2014
@napolitano, cert of acceptance. Am I the only one hoping to go to Newcastle? I need company, please.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by lazinc(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
Napolitano14: @Laznic kindly give the breakdown of how to go about getting cheaper and convenient accomodation outside campus which is not far from school.
@Kenevics what do u mean by CoA?
I am also for Manchester , happy hearing more ppl going to manchester cos I believe there is success in cooperating.

You can get all the information about accommodation for students in Manchester from the link below.

http://www.manchesterstudenthomes.com/Accommodation

1 Like

Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by buzor01: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Abeg, any scholar for cranfield?
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by Napolitano14: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2014
@Lazinc thanks very much and appreciated
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by wizzle04: 7:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
Nottingham peeps Accommodation Expires today. I heard from a reliable source that we should relax about the Accommodation, PTDF will do their Job. Also they will be taking us out sometime during the induction for visa and every. Guys get set to be lodged in a 5 Star Hotel. See U Guyz in a Bit. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by DMainMan: 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
Guys check your email. Both inbox or spam. Ptdf has sent some vital information
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by greatdave(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2014
DMainMan: Guys check your email. Both inbox or spam. Ptdf has sent some vital information
Seen. Guess those of us still waiting on admission from dem UK skuls will hold on a bit longer...
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by DMainMan: 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
greatdave:
Seen. Guess those of us still waiting on admission from dem UK skuls will hold on a bit longer...

JOIN 2014/2015 PTDF OSS SCHOLARS FACEBOOK GROUP:

https://m./1528652540682893?view=info&ssc=0&_rdr

It is a closed group. Only successful PTDF 2014/2015 Overseas Scholars would be granted access so security is guaranteed. Also, only Fellow scholars would b able to see your profile and not the public. So your identity is more than safe. Only members would b able to c your posts and the following:

BENEFITS

a. Vital information would be passed. i.e date of visa interview and biometrics.

b. Information on how to solve and process Visa by PTDF for those without CAS.

c. Information on UK University that still accepts admission. - For those who havent gotten admission

d. Easy discussion and networking things

e. Information on Job opportunities/vacancies when u are in the UK. Who knows u can land ur dream job. Companies come to check students especially on Open day. Make sure u ar in top 10% of ur class

f. Information on job aptitude tests and interview materials.

g. It is an avenue to connect with one anoda and help each other in the UK.

AND MANY MORE........

Do not defer your admission. Past Ptdf scholars that did it lost out. There is very little chance of obtaining it back.

Enjoy urselves people!
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by DMainMan: 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2014

It is a closed group. Only successful PTDF 2014/2015 Overseas Scholars would be granted access so security is guaranteed. Also, only Fellow scholars would b able to see your profile and not the public. So your identity is more than safe. Only members would b able to c your posts and the following:

BENEFITS

a. Vital information would be passed. i.e date of visa interview and biometrics.

c. Information on UK University that still accepts admission. - For those who havent gotten admission

e. Information on Job opportunities/vacancies when u are in the UK. Who knows u can land ur dream job. Companies come to check students especially on Open day. Make sure u ar in top 10% of ur class

AND MANY MORE........

Do not defer your admission. Past Ptdf scholars that did it lost out. There is very little chance of obtaining it back.

Enjoy urselves people!
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
DMainMan: JOIN 2014/2015 PTDF OSS SCHOLARS FACEBOOK GROUP:

BENEFITS

AND MANY MORE........

Enjoy urselves people!

noted.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by Agnesgrace(f): 2:31am On Aug 24, 2014
wao am happy for you all. wishing you all the best.
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by DMainMan: 2:50am On Sep 02, 2014
COMING SOON BY DMAINMAN FOUNDATION

Shortcut techniques in solving Dragnet/
SHL Numerical Reasoning test

Free New SHL Past question (Numerical
and Verbal Reasoning) used in last PWC
and NLNG Recruitment

Come here for more information:

https://www.nairaland.com/1883541/coming-soon-dmainman-foundation#25954040
Re: 2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out by Harrypoter(m): 11:23am On Aug 09, 2015
DMainMan:

It is a closed group. Only successful PTDF 2014/2015 Overseas Scholars would be granted access so security is guaranteed. Also, only Fellow scholars would b able to see your profile and not the public. So youridentity is more than safe. Only members would b able to c your posts and the following:

BENEFITS

AND MANY MORE........

Enjoy urselves people!

Plz bro add me up in d main facebook grp, i jst came across this thread. I am Ibrahim Bakoji on facebook & i hv already sent a request to join. I am a President's Honours Awardee & we are attached to PTDF to be going for MSc this september. Plz there ar alot of unanswered questions.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 8 Secrets Of First Class Students / Giant Of Illinois, Tallest Human To Ever Lived. / B.Y Mafit Took My 45,000 NAIRA For TOEFL Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.