Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (45016 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 10:02am On Jul 15, 2014
texaco1: I must confess all ebay sellers on this thread are contradicting themselves. Doesn't ebay have a definite policy about how and when they release money to the seller?whatt is ebay or paypal policy about how sellers are paid? If ebay doesn't have a definite plan and policy like amazon then that means one has to be extra cautious when dealing with them

Let me tell you about ebay policy in UK.

If you're a new seller on eBay. EBay will hold your money for 21 days. You can get ur money released to u if

1. The buyer leaves you a positive feedback

2. The buyer has received the item in 3 to 5 day in which you'll have to call ebay and give them the tracking details to show that the item has been delivered.

3 if you have proved yourself as a worthy seller ebay will be releasing ur funds as soon as the buyers pays.

If you need more clarification let me know
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 10:03am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

I guessed you just made a mistake. You should be contacting ebay to release your fund. DO NOT ESCALATE IT YET . if u do it might favour the seller and your money is gone. Had it been your account in not Nigeria then its a good decision to open up a case.
why will ebay support or side a seller that has collected money and yet refused to send the item? I just don't understand
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

If you're a new seller on eBay. EBay will hold your money for 21 days. You can get ur money released to u if

2. The buyer has received the item in 3 to 5 day in which you'll have to call ebay and give them the tracking details to show that the item has been delivered.

3 if you have proved yourself as a worthy seller ebay will be releasing ur funds as soon as the buyers pays.

good I think u are clarifying things in a simpler way for ppl to understand .thanks for this . Points number 1 and 2. Are ok. But the third point is murky and that is my question initially,what happens if this supposed trust worthy seller decides to play smart just because the buyer is from nigeria ,will ebay side the seller again because of his ratings or look at the facts?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2014
texaco1: why will ebay support or side a seller that has collected money and yet refused to send the item? I just don't understand

You must know this that ebay support buyer more than the seller. But in the ops case I don't know because Nigeria is blacklisted plus that the ops account has been suspended more than once he may not hv an upper hand in this case.

You can never loose your money on eBay has a buyer if you open a dispute between 30 days of purchase.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2014
texaco1: good I think u are clarifying things in a simpler way for ppl to understand .thanks for this . Points number 1 and 2. Are ok. But the third point is murky and that is my question initially,what happens if this supposed trust worthy seller decides to play smart just because the buyer is from nigeria ,will ebay side the seller again because of his ratings or look at the facts?

I think I hv answered your question but if u need more clarification I will surely help
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by bellong: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2014
drakeskull:
Just about five days ago, I tried purchasing a item on a site even though my account couldn't cover up for the purchase, I just tried it to see if truly American sites would accept paypal payments from Nigeria. I got an error which is usual, I later got mails from paypal requesting me to verify my account again by sending my photo id, debit card and bank statement all scanned to them which I did and later got a mail the following day that my account is now fully operative.

The bolded is your first mistake. Your account was flagged after the declined transaction. You shouldn't have tried a transaction for which you had insufficient funds, its a red flag for fraud. In addition, it was your first transaction and it came with a problem. Your account was monitored for subsequent transactions which led to this current problem.

When there is a bias about a country, one shouldn't give them an opportunity to have more doubts about one's sincerity. Never ever try a transaction for which you have insufficient funds except you already have minimum of 10 positive feedbacks.

I have been transacting on ebay since 2009 from Nigeria and never had any problem. I got a full refund once from a seller who shipped me a junk. I will not deny that ebay/paypal have issues but I understand that if their privacy policies are strictly followed, you will always prevail against them.

Next time you intend transacting biz with any ebay sellers, go through his profile and read his ratings as well as feedback from other buyers. Read through the listing to be sure he didn't put any caveat that may affect the transaction should a dispute arises in the future. Have enough funds in your account to cover the purchase else you will be suspected for fraud and your account will be flagged.

Read the shipping and return item policy of the seller to be on the safe side and if there is a problem with the transaction, file a claim within 21 days of purchase or else you lose your money.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by LyfeJennings(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2014
Your only crime is

U ARE A NIGERIAN
A BLACK MONKEY...

if U were an American or a Brit
better still, a nigga or a diaspora

Your issue would have been resolved sharply. Sorry brov,its a cold cruel world....
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by bellong: 10:17am On Jul 15, 2014
texaco1: good I think u are clarifying things in a simpler way for ppl to understand .thanks for this . Points number 1 and 2. Are ok. But the third point is murky and that is my question initially[b],what happens if this supposed trust worthy seller decides to play smart just because the buyer is from nigeria ,[/b]will ebay side the seller again because of his ratings or look at the facts?

There is what is called Ebay's buyer protection, always make sure there is a buyers' protection on every goods you intend to buy before entering the transaction.

With the buyer's protection, you will surely get back your money if the transaction goes sour, it doesn't matter whether the money has been released to the seller or not.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2014
bellong:

The bolded is your first mistake. Your account was flagged after the declined transaction. You shouldn't have tried a transaction for which you had insufficient funds, its a red flag for fraud. In addition, it was your first transaction and it came with a problem. Your account was monitored for subsequent transactions which led to this current problem.

When there is a bias about a country, one shouldn't give them an opportunity to have more doubts about one's sincerity. Never ever try a transaction for which you have insufficient funds except you already have minimum of 10 positive feedbacks.

I have been transacting on ebay since 2009 from Nigeria and never had any problem. I got a full refund once from a seller who shipped me a junk. I will not deny that ebay/paypal have issues but I understand that if their privacy policies are strictly followed, you will always prevail against them.

Next time you intend transacting biz with any ebay sellers, go through his profile and read his ratings as well as feedback from other buyers. Read through the listing to be sure he didn't put any caveat that may affect the transaction should a dispute arises in the future. Have enough funds in your account to cover the purchase else you will be suspected for fraud and your account will be flagged.

Read the shipping and return item policy of the seller to be on the safe side and if there is a problem with the transaction, file a claim within 21 days of purchase or else you lose your money.

fantastic analysis of the op problem. I have been pondering on what the op actually did wrong and I think u are the first person tto point it out straight.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by miqos02(m): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2014
Ik09: EBay automatically locks most accounts any time a log in occurs from a Nigerian IP address. As far as I'm aware, that is part of their fraud prevention system.

Whenever I need to use my eBay account from Nigeria, I go through a vpn. Otherwise my account gets suspended - even if I don't do anything after logging in.
i have over 60 +ve feedbacks from my ebay account, guess what? i log in with nigerian ip
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by miqos02(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

This is not always true. A good seller like me always get my money first before sending it. EBay always release my money immediately
true talk

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by BizBloke(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2014
drakeskull:

Guess PayPal is same. I just hope I get my full refund. I also shop on aliexpress but you can't trust the genuinty of their brand phones

Drakeskull,

It depends on the brand phone in question. If it's an Asian brand, then you can trust it. If not, then run to another country.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by miqos02(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

Case 1: I sold an item worth of 200 pounds to this buyer (note that I have been selling same item to different people without complain). This buyer received this item but claimed that the item is not working. I knew he was not doing the right or read the manual because he had to change it to his region which I can't do because we were not in the same region. So the guy concluded that he will return the item with a full refund plus the money the money he will use to post it back to me which I'm not obliged to pay with ebay policy. I received the item and I refunded him 100 percent plus his postage. The guy has nothing to loose but I lost 30 pounds to post it to him and to receive it back. Upon all this I still receive a negative feedback after making him happy.

Case 2. A buyer both 3 items from me and he requested a discount on postage which I gave him one postage for free. Unfortunately for me the guy gave me negative feedback. I contacted him for the feedback and said he was expecting me to give more discounts on the items but I didn't. I contacted ebay they said that's his opinion.

I can tell you more but my point is you are not seller. If truly you hv over 10000 feedbacks you met have met one ungrateful buyer.

It's only buyers that can keep 100 percent positive feedback because there's no way a seller can give a negative feedback one can only leave a bad comment which will still come as a positive feedback.

this is serious
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by wiringdpt(m): 10:51am On Jul 15, 2014
Your paypal is still active so file for chargeback from paypal or your bank and secondly new accounts on ebay are not allowed to use the buy it now option, there will always be a problem so next time just add to cart and make the payment there.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 15, 2014
i buy and ship through a proxy.shoptomydoor.com.I dont likr this ebay whahala
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2014
texaco1: fantastic analysis of the op problem. I have been pondering on what the op actually did wrong and I think u are the first person tto point it out straight.

Well other thing that can also is happen. Talking from experience.

Drakeskull might have a sufficient amount in his Mastercard but because he thought that he has sufficient amount doesn't quarrantee smooth transaction.

If making a payment true PayPal I advise you to hv funds in PayPal account not from your Mastercard.

Let me tell you personal experience. I sold an item in which the paid using an echeque. The buyer said he has paid but I checked my balance on PayPal but no payment yet. After two days I checked again and I saw his payment pending which I believe that he might take couple of days for his payments to be cleared. Which means his payment is hanging somewhere.

Maybe this is what is happening to the op.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by miqos02(m): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2014
texaco1: I must confess all ebay sellers on this thread are contradicting themselves. Doesn't ebay have a definite policy about how and when they release money to the seller?whatt is ebay or paypal policy about how sellers are paid? If ebay doesn't have a definite plan and policy like amazon then that means one has to be extra cautious when dealing with them
everyone is only speaking based on their experinces since they not ebay reps
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2014
wiringdpt: Your paypal is still active so file for chargeback from paypal or your bank and secondly new accounts on ebay are not allowed to use the buy it now option, there will always be a problem so next time just add to cart and make the payment there.
I sincerely hope people are taking notes of all these points been raised . I always checkout through my cart ,why is it important to first add the buy itt now item to cart before buying by a new ebay user?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by miqos02(m): 11:10am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

I guessed you just made a mistake. You should be contacting ebay to release your fund. DO NOT ESCALATE IT YET . if u do it might favour the seller and your money is gone. Had it been your account in not Nigeria then its a good decision to open up a case.
please stop misleading people i operate ebay from nigeria and i have opened more than 10 cases in the last six months, all have ended in my favor

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Jerryjat(m): 11:17am On Jul 15, 2014
i cant read all this....
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by justi4jesu(f): 11:22am On Jul 15, 2014
Jerryjat: i cant read all this....

You must

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by teufelein(f): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2014
boycott all boycottable...
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 11:34am On Jul 15, 2014
miqos02: please stop misleading people i operate ebay from nigeria and i have opened more than 10 cases in the last six months, all have ended in my favor

Has your account ever been flagged?

And please note I'm not misleading people. He has a Nigeria account which is red flag already. I don't know how you have been able to transact easily on eBay from Nigeria.

If you read all my comments I said ebay buyers always have upper hands but I don't know about Nigeria buyers if they will be fully protected

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by madmanmega(m): 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
Always stick to debit cards. With debit cards you can ask your bank to initiate a charge back and even thought it might take some time, like 3 months. You will get your money back. Bought a DSLR camera on amazon for some 2k plus dollars and the seller shipped empty water bottles. We filed to amazon and they said since we shipped our item to a freight forwarder (MyUs) there was nothing they could do since that was against their TOS. We went to zenith bank, collected charge back form filled it and forgot about it and some 3 months letter received alert for full refund.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
madmanmega: Always stick to debit cards. With debit cards you can ask your bank to initiate a charge back and even thought it might take some time, like 3 months. You will get your money back. Bought a DSLR camera on amazon for some 2k plus dollars and the seller shipped empty water bottles. We filed to amazon and they said since we shipped our item to a freight forwarder (MyUs) there was nothing they could do since that was against their TOS. We went to zenith bank, collected charge back form filled it and forgot about it and some 3 months letter received alert for full refund.

Thank you for this. The money was transferred from my credit card to the customers paypal according to what is showing in my account overview on my paypal dashboard. Opened a dispute already and waiting for answers.

Thanks
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

Well other thing that can also is happen. Talking from experience.

Drakeskull might have a sufficient amount in his Mastercard but because he thought that he has sufficient amount doesn't quarrantee smooth transaction.

If making a payment true PayPal I advise you to hv funds in PayPal account not from your Mastercard.

Let me tell you personal experience. I sold an item in which the paid using an echeque. The buyer said he has paid but I checked my balance on PayPal but no payment yet. After two days I checked again and I saw his payment pending which I believe that he might take couple of days for his payments to be cleared. Which means his payment is hanging somewhere.

Maybe this is what is happening to the op.

drakeskull:
Thank you for this. The money was transferred from my credit card to the customers paypal according to what is showing in my account overview on my paypal dashboard. Opened a dispute already and waiting for answers.
Thanks
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by joe4christ(m): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Calebosko: op u nodey kuk 4 hux?y u dey cry tears, Eh wait,y dis people nodey ea wait make i c first to coment enter,i no like dis kind ting o

That cheap drug you're on aint good for you i swear...
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by emmy02(m): 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
I verified my card, i bought an item, i was not given a tracking number, i contacted the seller through ebay and the white nigga gave me all kinds of story, at the moment i have taken my mind off the N3000. I wish BH knew how to shop online..
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
0rion:

U don't know ebay. Ebay will always hold your money for 21 days if you are a new seller. They will release ur fund if the buyer is happy with the product by leaving you a positive feedback or you show the tracking details that the buyer has received it in 5 days then u can call ebay to realise your funds.

I know eBay and you're confused. Look at the attached pic on my posts above.

At least two other sellers have stated they get paid right away.

Instead of figuring out why your account is flagged or restricted you're hear making noise on NL.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 0rion: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

CityNG:

Instead of figuring out why your account is flagged or restricted you're hear making noise on NLI know eBay and you're confused. Look at the attached pic on my posts above.
At least two other sellers have stated they get paid right away.

olodo. befeore you can get your money immidiately, you must have proved yourself to ebay as a worthy seller. you cant just open ebay account today to sell something get the funds released to you straight away
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
Atmmachine:

How do you make money on craiglist ? if you want to transact any business on craiglist you must meet the person in a mall or a public area

I buy and sell classic cars.

I'm secured enough to have verified buyers come to my house.

I'll never buy a car from someone in a mall. I want to see where the car is parked normally to see if any oil leaks.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
0rion:

olodo. befeore you can get your money immidiately, you must have proved yourself to ebay as a worthy seller. you cant just open ebay account today to sell something get the funds released to you straight away

Thank you for the compliment, that shows your maturity level and also your heritage.

Grow some nuts, abide by the rules and business will take you seriously.

The fact that I get paid immediately means eBay considers me a worthy partner and you, well they jerk you around lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.