Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (45054 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Jolly247: 5:33am On Jul 15, 2014
@op. fear not you will get your money back from Paypal: If the seller does not ship the item or if he ship the wrong item. I know this because I am also a seller on ebay and amazon.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 5:34am On Jul 15, 2014
mavinc4u:
Nice comments so far but some things are missing from the comments and i would point them out.

i remember vividly when people were rejoicing at opening a paypal account that i pointed out some things but some people almost crucified me for doing so. i would have given you a link to read more if not for nairaland earthquake. Back to your concern

Op, why is your ebay account suspended? Read the mail that was sent to you as their reason for your account suspension to find out what happened, you are the only person that has answer to your account suspension. you are pointing finger to the wrong direction, turn your finger direction towards yourself and ask yourself questions.

- do you have a suspended account in the past?

- do you have an address or name of a suspended account on your profile?

- you sent your details to paypal and they rejected it, did you give them the right information with explanation?

op said he cannot communicate with the seller nor retrieve the item number to the seller's item; i thought ebay account goes with an email address and every transaction and messages on ebay also goes to your email address so he can still get the item number from his email and he can also get the seller's contact from paypal to communicate with the seller in a friendly way that is if you are still interested in the item and if you are not then just call ebay to restore your account to avoid limiting your paypal account.

Hints: if you call ebay again, tell those first customer support to transfer you to account suspension unit because you are no longer happy with ebay services. the right people to speak with is the suspension unit if not they would keep tossing you until you get tired.

I have never opened an account in the past talk less of being suspended. I have been verified by PayPal after uploading the documents they requested. I even got a mail that my limit has been lifted. Anyway, thanks for the tips. Would try see how to contact the seller, am just holding on cos I don't want to take any action that would escalate issues. The only thing am skeptical about in the relisted item is that ever since he relisted it, he has only gotten just 1bid at current bud of $125. Will update this thread later today
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by ibietela2(m): 5:37am On Jul 15, 2014
jjwaterfalls: Ever since my ExperiEncE with DSTV online payment who debited me10times more dan dey shud And wEn I complAined I was told d accT had been activated and refund wAs not possiblE, I vowed nevA to do Any online TransaCtion. Evn if it meAns going there to puRchAse it, I wudnt mind.

Don't say that, the world is moving, Internet banking is the future. Sorry for your loss
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by justi4jesu(f): 5:44am On Jul 15, 2014
jjwaterfalls: Ever since my ExperiEncE with DSTV online payment who debited me10times more dan dey shud And wEn I complAined I was told d accT had been activated and refund wAs not possiblE, I vowed nevA to do Any online TransaCtion. Evn if it meAns going there to puRchAse it, I wudnt mind.

shocked shocked shocked shocked 10 times....daylight fraud
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by abduldope(m): 5:46am On Jul 15, 2014
10 shocked kwanu ?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:52am On Jul 15, 2014
Gboliwe: I don't even have "childish" comment. I just want to follow the thread and learn a thing or two. wink
Hehehe @childish grin
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 0rion: 5:54am On Jul 15, 2014
drakeskull:

I have never opened an account in the past talk less of being suspended. I have been verified by PayPal after uploading the documents they requested. I even got a mail that my limit has been lifted. Anyway, thanks for the tips. Would try see how to contact the seller, am just holding on cos I don't want to take any action that would escalate issues. The only thing am skeptical about in the relisted item is that ever since he relisted it, he has only gotten just 1bid at current bud of $125. Will update this thread later today

Please just settle with your refund with eBay or PayPal. U don't hv to bother youself if the seller re list the item. Your money is with ebay or PayPal.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 0rion: 5:57am On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

Look at the attached screenshot again, this time I squared the area which identifies me as a seller since long before you even heard about eBay.

I take the time to sell good items, good pictures, detailed description, follow all eBay policies with proper shipping with signature verification, reserve the right to end listings, etc etc

If you list and sell just any how then you'll get into situations that you describe.

You guys with all your yang, you can ask for guidance on who to maintain 100% feedback like me and who I get paid quickly by eBay but you won't instead you prance around spouting off nonsensical data which means nothing.

How can you seriously accuse me of not being a seller when you don't even know me at all and despite the fact that I even provided you with my eBay id when you can simply log onto eBay and research to see if I am a seller or not?

Hey keep quite you are not an active seller. Learn from babseg and linearity
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by naijanaso: 6:04am On Jul 15, 2014
GENERAL ADVICE IS THAT BILLING ADDRESS SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE ADDRESS YOU HAVE WITH YOUR BANK WHEN YOU FILLED THE FORM FOR YOUR VISA/MASTER CARD ISSUANCE. Second advice is to open a second account that you don't have money being domiciled from any source except by you and use that for online transactions. That's what I did. I only fund it when I want to do any transaction. That way, I put just NGN2k above the cost of whatever I am purchasing. Anyways, I buy only from Amazon and have never been diaappointed.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 15, 2014
Believe it or not Ebay is a crap many scammer place ads there even from Nigeria.I think we Nigerian need to be very careful of this people cox their service not worth dying for.
My advice is we should be using the reliable ones available and when they how thing going am very they even beg us with their services as time goes by.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mrrock: 6:11am On Jul 15, 2014
I know everything you're passing through but I don't have time to write a long response here. I'm sorry to tell you you may not receive your refund, if the seller can show them a prove your item was shipped (including fake prove).
The fact, the seller is still relisting items mean he have no case to answer. You can kiss that money goodbye.

NB: This incident have nothing to do with Nigeria. Back in the days I once accepted payment with paypal from a US customer and he/she did not receive the stuff but paypal sided me when the sender opened a case. I also have an opposite case where I ordered something with paypal and never received it neither did I get a refund till today. Paypal also sided with the seller.

PAYPAL IS STILL A PAYMENT OPTION THAT IS STILL TRYING TO EVOLVE INTO A STANDARD. THIS'S WHY PEOPLE HAVE DIFFICULTIES USING IT. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TELL THIS TYPE OF TALES IN FUTURE DON'T USE PAYPAL TO DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN PAY FOR A DOWNLOAD.

What happened to you is the ebay or and paypal ''bot'' has wrongfully triggered your transaction as fraud. Much like Nairaland ''bot'' banning you wronfully. This can happen to anybody no matter what country you come from.
You people should stop negating Nigeria out of ignorance. The most fruadulent countries online are; US, China, India.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by donodion(m): 6:12am On Jul 15, 2014
drakeskull: Although, being aware of the kinds of ill-treatment most foreign countries subjects Nigerians to, I still went ahead to use services domiciled in those countries since it's legit and have no intention of fraud or whatsoever. I hope i get out of my present predicament.
Last month, I got an info on nairaland that paypal is now accepting Nigerians, extremely elated, I quickly opened an account even though I went through hassles setting it up due to various verification requirements. After successfully opening paypal, I went ahead to open an ebay account, setting up was quite easy, I linked my Gtb card and got confirmation my account has been activated.

Just about five days ago, I tried purchasing a item on a site even though my account couldn't cover up for the purchase, I just tried it to see if truly American sites would accept paypal payments from Nigeria. I got an error which is usual, I later got mails from paypal requesting me to verify my account again by sending my photo id, debit card and bank statement all scanned to them which I did and later got a mail the following day that my account is now fully operative.

Now to the major issue, I saw a phone on ebay at $275.00, though its a bid but i chose the 'buy it now' option, when i got to the checkout page, i got series of errors telling me i have limits to the number of items i can purchase or number of bids i could take part in. The funny thing isd i have never bidded before nor purchased on ebay. The only times i used ebay was year 2012 and 2013 when i purchased some items and it was though a forwarding company (myus.com). They carried out all the transactions and deducted the total from mt gtb card. Back to the issue, i google the cause of the ebay issue and found a solution which is for me to link my preferred payment method to my paypal which i had carried out earlier. I now had to link my gtb card again and the payment went through with confirmation mail.

About an hour later after successful payment which i got a mail to the effect as well as confirmation mail from paypal reflecting the deduction on my account, I received a shocking mail from ebay that my account has been suspended indefinitely due to some security reasons so as to protect buyers and sellers. I was furious, I didnt know what to do cos my account was now useless after debiting me, no way to track my purchase or contact the seller to request cancellation. I read online about the issue where ppl with same issue warned against opening another account or contacting the seller outside ebay cos ebay will find out if u open another account since it will be linked to current paypal account.

I held on and now decided to call their customer care line, I spoke for 19mins 38 secs, the agent apologised and requested me to send bank statement or utility bill or photo id reflecting the same address i used in opening my ebay account. Now, the problem is i used my office address to open the account and none of my utility bills or photo id reflects that. I later sent in the documents and extra ones like a letter informing them or my address issues via fax.

Early this morning, to my astonishment, I received a mail informing me that after reviewing my case, they realised their actions were correct and i will still remain suspended. I immediately called their line, spoke for 32 minutes, the agent apologized, verified my address and checked the transaction. She confirmed the seller even violated ebay policies. My pertinent question is how on earth should i be suspended for another persons acts? ebay even informed me after suspension that am no longer covered by their buyer protection meaning if the seller doesnt ship, its my biz (thats after receiving payment o). I was furious, asking her questions and showing my bitterness that how i wish i stuck to amazon.

She later assured me I will get my refund cos she has confirmed my account. She had to patch me thru to a rep in paypal and informed me to tell the rep i wanna file for claims. The paypal rep too confirmed my account and payment and adviced me to file for claims on paypal if the seller doesnt ship or ships the wrong item but i should wait till the date of estimated delivery time. She placed me on hold to check the estimated delivery time, after abt 4 minutes on hold, she informed me the seller didnt include it and thats another violation undecided.

THE MOST SURPRISING THING IF NOT THE MOST SCARY IS THE FACT THAT THE SELLER HAS RELISTED THE SAME ITEM ON EBAY. THE SAME ITEM THAT WAS SHOWING "SOLD" AFTER I PURCHASED IT .

This i pointed out to the reps which was confirmed as abnormal. I would wait till 20th or 21st of this month, if i dont get my item, na to file claim straight up.

I guess its high time we boycott all these countries that labels us as fraud or stop using their humiliating services even though they are bigger fraud themselves.

I will keep my fingers crossed till that date and update this thread as events unfold. This is really a bitter experience, going though loss of my hard earned money.

*****Matured Comments Only, Please*******

sorry ops.this is the repercussion ofbwhat Naaijirian fraudsters are causing their countrymen.You are fortunate they dntertained your complaints.
Now you can imagine listening to the seller saying "you be greedy mugu,trying to buy expensive phone for bargain.They sellers are sharp guys,you buyer be mugu,etc".

The damage yahoo yahoo scams will keep costing us all is limitless.Speak out against it.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 15, 2014

thats food for my lawyer. dont let those companies rip you off
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Laredojohn(m): 6:17am On Jul 15, 2014
Though have a ebay and paypal account, only tried using for payments of services,, where I have had course to cancel transactions mid way just by informing the seller and my money refunded, ebay needs to learn from Amazon, cos with amazon such does not happen, had series of items I got full refund for all because of sellers misrepresentation in adverts and I still hold on to the items, amazon rocks wella cos the buyer is king..
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by souleymon(m): 6:20am On Jul 15, 2014
My advice
Communicate more with emails than telephone..
That way records of statement is kept
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 0rion: 6:21am On Jul 15, 2014
mrrock: I know everything you're passing through but I don't have time to write a long response here. I'm sorry to tell you you may not receive your refund, if the seller can show them a prove your item was shipped (including fake prove).
The fact, the seller is still relisting items mean he have no case to answer. You can kiss that money goodbye.

NB: This incident have nothing to do with Nigeria. Back in the days I once accepted payment with paypal from a US customer and he/she did not receive the stuff but paypal sided me when the sender opened a case.

What happened to you is the ebay or and paypal ''bot'' has wrongfully triggered your transaction as fraud. Much like Nairaland ''bot'' banning you wronfully. This can happen to anybody no matter what country you come from.
You people should stop negating Nigeria out of ignorance. The most fruadulent countries online are; US, China, India.

His money is not gone. Ebay has changed now. I only advice the op to talk to ebay and PayPal to get his money and he shouldn't continue with the transaction with the seller. I won't be surprised if the seller doesn't have the ops money
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 360command: 6:22am On Jul 15, 2014
mayorall: Na wa o. God bless the chinese, This cant happen on aliexpress as its more transparent. Your fund is intact, it cant be released to the seller without delivery.
that one get ein own kasala
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 360command: 6:26am On Jul 15, 2014
The Romanian boys are at it, I am sure.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mrrock: 6:32am On Jul 15, 2014
0rion:

His money is not gone. Ebay has changed now. I only advice the op to talk to ebay and PayPal to get his money and he shouldn't continue with the transaction with the seller. I won't be surprised if the seller doesn't have the ops money

Yes, it's possible the seller haven't been credited. But, it's on one condition and that's if the seller is not what ebay call a "power seller" or is not a "paypal mastercard holder" or and "ebay mastercard holder". Otherwise, I can tell you for sure he/she have already received the money and paypal will side him. Ebay own paypal so there's no need talking of them as 2 different companies. Whether the seller have received the money already isn't the issue now because at the end of the day paypal will take a decision which I don't see going on the side of the buyer, especially if the seller is a fraud.

OP, pray the seller is a genuine seller. Forget about his power status and many reviews. If he's legit seller you may get a refund, if he's not forget that money. I'm sorry.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by esorison(m): 6:35am On Jul 15, 2014
Hmmmmmm!!!!! If this is it then I think Nigeria been included in the paypal list is either a scam or sham.
Stick to a Us verified paypal account and stay headache free.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 6:36am On Jul 15, 2014
spikesC:

Why would you want to get a second hand qosmio at that price. It's almost the price of the new one naah
I would rather top up a little and get a new customized one (which am getting soon).

Pls choose and customize directly from toshiba: http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/qosmio

Also, i see a lot of lies in his description.
wow, that's cool, how is their payment done?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Mettal: 6:44am On Jul 15, 2014
mayorall: Na wa o. God bless the chinese, This cant happen on aliexpress as its more transparent. Your fund is intact, it cant be released to the seller without delivery.
please cn you give me your contact,i want you to enlighten me more on aliexpress shipping.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by udemzyudex(m): 6:45am On Jul 15, 2014
cocoduck:
Don't mind the idiot. these are the people who believe that anything Nigerian is bad.
why don't they just commit suicide.

grin
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 15, 2014
linearity:

Not true, am an ebay power seller, I gets my money the second the buyer pays....if for some reason I could not complete the transaction eg ran out of stock because the item was sold on Amazon or elsewhere and the listing was not taken down from ebay, I process a refund for the buyer.

On point.

Why would I sell a car and then wait for the seller to get it weeks later before getting paid? Why would I even ship the car before the money is in my account?

People that are letting eBay hold their money needs to get on the phone and ask eBay how to rectify that situation. Maybe an upgrade to a higher level is warranted, maybe they need to confirm a legit bank account or checking account.

I even have a PayPal/eBay credit card that I use to shop personally.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 7:06am On Jul 15, 2014
Op,don't worry u will get ur money back and all will be well.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2014
0rion:

Hey keep quite you are not an active seller. Learn from babseg and linearity

Request denied and I do quite well enough to maintain 100% seller feedback grin
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Ishilove: 7:10am On Jul 15, 2014
I don't have the energy for all these nansense. Simply walk into a shop, buy ya tin and gerrat. No time for iranu

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by wanted(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2014
Thank You Poster I'm having exact same issue with souq, the biggest online store in the UAE. paid through paypal and since june 30th my $908.55 has been stuck. It takes about 30 days to process a claim on paypal then you wonder if the item was like a wedding ring and it ought to arrive like a week after purchase. Imagine the disappointment.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

1) Stop misleading people as if you can only open only an eBay seller account. 2) Once you open an eBay account you can sell and buy items but ebay do advice people to open another account if you don't want to mix up your buying and selling.

3) You said you have an eBay business account but why r u showing us ur personal account.

4) From your screen shot it showed that the last time you receive a feedback on eBay was 6 month ago which means you not an active seller.

5) If you're an active ebay seller you should know that listing your item with 100 percent perfect item description doesn't quanrantee you of having 100 percent positive feedback. Let me tell my personal experience with ebay buyers

6) Case 1: I sold an item worth of 200 pounds to this buyer (note that I have been selling same item to different people without complain). This buyer received this item but claimed that the item is not working. I knew he was not doing the right or read the manual because he had to change it to his region which I can't do because we were not in the same region. So the guy concluded that he will return the item with a full refund plus the money the money he will use to post it back to me which I'm not obliged to pay with ebay policy. I received the item and I refunded him 100 percent plus his postage. The guy has nothing to loose but I lost 30 pounds to post it to him and to receive it back. Upon all this I still receive a negative feedback after making him happy.

7) Case 2. A buyer both 3 items from me and he requested a discount on postage which I gave him one postage for free. Unfortunately for me the guy gave me negative feedback. I contacted him for the feedback and said he was expecting me to give more discounts on the items but I didn't. I contacted ebay they said that's his opinion.

cool I can tell you more but my point is you are not seller. If truly you hv over 10000 feedbacks you met have met one ungrateful buyer.

9) It's only buyers that can keep 100 percent positive feedback because there's no way a seller can give a negative feedback one can only leave a bad comment which will still come as a positive feedback.

I know your feelings are hurt and thats why you're reaching and continue to making comments that makes no sense.

1) I haven't misled anyone, I just shared my opinion and with facts and evidences. If my postings bothers you then stop reading them. My personal account that I shared is one I use to sell and buy stuff not related to my business. You don't need a separate eBay account for buying and selling, you can do both on one account. Maybe the regulations are different form your region.

2) Like I said I separate my personal and business eBay accounts. It's what makes sense to me. You are free to run your enterprise your own way.

3) Because frankly my business account is none of your business. I am not sharing that info on NL. I used my personal account to make a point that I have 100% feedback as a buyer and seller. The proof is right there on this thread. Only Nigerians will have proof in front of them and still argue.

4) And that's part of your issue. Unlike you I don't sell knick knacks in my personal account. I maintain 100% feedback because I am calculated on what I present to others for sale. I don't just sell any trinket that comes up in the market. Again that is my personal account and it's as current as it needs to be. The argument is not about if it's current, your argument is that I don't get paid right away. I get paid right away. Perhaps you've crossed eBay and being flagged as a fraudulent seller. You still haven't shared your eBay ID so we can validate your feedbacks which I'm sure will have stories to tell.

5) Well, I have shown you the proof. You and I apparently market to different clientele, read my feedbacks both as a seller and as a buyer and weep. You can keep a 100% feedback is you just stop listing all kinds of trinkets and bits and bobs and get serious. Treat your business as a real venture and not some ploy to garner completed listings. I know your type and this is why you're angry. You will never ever get 100% feedback with your attitude.

6) I would give you a negative feedback because you sold something just anyhow to a client from a different region without engaging him on who to use the product. This is the result you get when you're listings stuff on eBay like it's going out of style.

7) If you're running a legit business and clients take you as a real business person then they would never ask you for a discount on shipping. That o you're ripping of your buyers with exorbitant shipping prices. Sell an item for $5 and charge $10 for shipping. I would give you a negative feedback too. Post the feedback so we can be the judge of what happened.

cool I am a seller, I have shown you that I am a seller. You are just upset because you've been unlucky in business. You need to wash your hands and review your business practices.

9) I am a seller and I keep 100% feedback, I have submitted proof. I don't advertise to ungrateful buyer and I reserve the right to refuse to do business with many types of problematic buyer. Once you've been doing business for more than 2 days you'll develop the sense you need. In the meantime look for classes in your community and learn how to operate a business properly.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 15, 2014
bassette: Your responses have been matured and concise..at least I wanna learn hence am following..Good to meet someone like you here

Thank you Sir.

Craiglist can be dangerous just like Somolu can be dangerous if you loose your complete sense and throw caution to the wind.

One of the safety things is never to deal with deals in your house and to go to safe areas like police station parking lots, busy shopping mall parking, etc but you'll still hear of morons that violate this simple rule.

I sell stuff from my house due to the nature of what I sell but whoever comes to my house will in 2 seconds know that I live a gun culture life so no screwing around.

The things I make a living on as a hobbyist, classic cars, are mostly can be found on Craigslist and nowhere else as easily.

It's amazing watching Nigerians here do stupid stuff they won't do at Molete or Mushin. Crime is everywhere, be alert and trust your instinct.

Craigslist is safe, I guess if you use it to look for hookers or transexuals or people that PNP then it could be dangerous.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by justi4jesu(f): 7:48am On Jul 15, 2014
wanted: Thank You Poster I'm having exact same issue with souq, the biggest online store in the UAE. paid through paypal and since june 30th my $908.55 has been stuck. It takes about 30 days to process a claim on paypal then you wonder if the item was like a wedding ring and it ought to arrive like a week after purchase. Imagine the disappointment.

You cannot buy from Souq.com if you dont live in UAE or have an Emirates Card or even if you have a paypal account.

When you see a Shopping Site always call or send a mail to Confirm if they accept payments from Outsiders or Not.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 15, 2014
drakeskull: Although, being aware of the kinds of ill-treatment most foreign countries subjects Nigerians to, I still went ahead to use services domiciled in those countries since it's legit and have no intention of fraud or whatsoever. I hope i get out of my present predicament.
Last month, I got an info on nairaland that paypal is now accepting Nigerians, extremely elated, I quickly opened an account even though I went through hassles setting it up due to various verification requirements. After successfully opening paypal, I went ahead to open an ebay account, setting up was quite easy, I linked my Gtb card and got confirmation my account has been activated.

Just about five days ago, I tried purchasing a item on a site even though my account couldn't cover up for the purchase, I just tried it to see if truly American sites would accept paypal payments from Nigeria. I got an error which is usual, I later got mails from paypal requesting me to verify my account again by sending my photo id, debit card and bank statement all scanned to them which I did and later got a mail the following day that my account is now fully operative.

Now to the major issue, I saw a phone on ebay at $275.00, though its a bid but i chose the 'buy it now' option, when i got to the checkout page, i got series of errors telling me i have limits to the number of items i can purchase or number of bids i could take part in. The funny thing isd i have never bidded before nor purchased on ebay. The only times i used ebay was year 2012 and 2013 when i purchased some items and it was though a forwarding company (myus.com). They carried out all the transactions and deducted the total from mt gtb card. Back to the issue, i google the cause of the ebay issue and found a solution which is for me to link my preferred payment method to my paypal which i had carried out earlier. I now had to link my gtb card again and the payment went through with confirmation mail.

About an hour later after successful payment which i got a mail to the effect as well as confirmation mail from paypal reflecting the deduction on my account, I received a shocking mail from ebay that my account has been suspended indefinitely due to some security reasons so as to protect buyers and sellers. I was furious, I didnt know what to do cos my account was now useless after debiting me, no way to track my purchase or contact the seller to request cancellation. I read online about the issue where ppl with same issue warned against opening another account or contacting the seller outside ebay cos ebay will find out if u open another account since it will be linked to current paypal account.

I held on and now decided to call their customer care line, I spoke for 19mins 38 secs, the agent apologised and requested me to send bank statement or utility bill or photo id reflecting the same address i used in opening my ebay account. Now, the problem is i used my office address to open the account and none of my utility bills or photo id reflects that. I later sent in the documents and extra ones like a letter informing them or my address issues via fax.

Early this morning, to my astonishment, I received a mail informing me that after reviewing my case, they realised their actions were correct and i will still remain suspended. I immediately called their line, spoke for 32 minutes, the agent apologized, verified my address and checked the transaction. She confirmed the seller even violated ebay policies. My pertinent question is how on earth should i be suspended for another persons acts? ebay even informed me after suspension that am no longer covered by their buyer protection meaning if the seller doesnt ship, its my biz (thats after receiving payment o). I was furious, asking her questions and showing my bitterness that how i wish i stuck to amazon.

She later assured me I will get my refund cos she has confirmed my account. She had to patch me thru to a rep in paypal and informed me to tell the rep i wanna file for claims. The paypal rep too confirmed my account and payment and adviced me to file for claims on paypal if the seller doesnt ship or ships the wrong item but i should wait till the date of estimated delivery time. She placed me on hold to check the estimated delivery time, after abt 4 minutes on hold, she informed me the seller didnt include it and thats another violation undecided.

THE MOST SURPRISING THING IF NOT THE MOST SCARY IS THE FACT THAT THE SELLER HAS RELISTED THE SAME ITEM ON EBAY. THE SAME ITEM THAT WAS SHOWING "SOLD" AFTER I PURCHASED IT .

This i pointed out to the reps which was confirmed as abnormal. I would wait till 20th or 21st of this month, if i dont get my item, na to file claim straight up.

I guess its high time we boycott all these countries that labels us as fraud or stop using their humiliating services even though they are bigger fraud themselves.

I will keep my fingers crossed till that date and update this thread as events unfold. This is really a bitter experience, going though loss of my hard earned money.

*****Matured Comments Only, Please*******

Bros, I feel your pain. You have just fallen victim to the E-bay novice syndrome. I'm sure if you had held back to do some due diligence in the first place you would have been fine.

Against a next time, know that Ebay is not all clean. There are unscrupulous elements on Ebay. There are con men there. So you should be careful. Avoid listings where the seller has no history. Unless there is an established history avoid listings that will ship anywhere in the world. Its an auction site, it will be odd that anyone will ship an item he auctioned out anywhere in the world. Unless he is a retailer.

As it is now, all u can do is keep your fingers crossed nd hope Ebay will sort things out. But this is clearly not Ebay's fault.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market / What Type Of Business Can I Start With ₦4M / BVN Madness In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.