Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) (6971 Views)

Could My Boyfriend Be Gay? / A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. / Must Your Boyfriend Be Your Valentine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Adaeze003(f): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
laplace12:

You have comprehension problem. Check for the meaning of MODEL.

Ouch! I'm hurt... undecided
But with all your comprehension skills, you couldn't figure that I didn't meant that literally.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by laplace12(m): 4:03am On Jul 16, 2014
Adaeze003:

Ouch! I'm hurt... undecided
But with all your comprehension skills, you couldn't figure that I didn't meant that literally.

I'm so sorry if you are hurt. Its a wrong way to treat a princess

But really I didn't expect anybody to have problems with that post except the person didn't understand it.
The use of models before the real stuff is a common practice in todays world, mainly to minimize risk

Before every engineering construction there is always a model construction. Before serious exams there use to be mock exams, Before serious football matches there is always a friendly match. Even model wars are simulated for soldiers during training.

The reason is it is easier to destroy and rebuild on the model than the main stuff. I don't see any wrong in trying out that on marriage considering the huge risk involved.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Anacksunamun: 9:46am On Jul 16, 2014
2buff:

Agreed.

At this stage in their lives, he can only ASK her not to go to a party, not TELL her. It should be a discussion, not a no-logic "decree". She has her own life independent of his. Better a "Babes, I would prefer it if you didn't go" as opposed to "don't go or I will make you regret it". If the roles were switched and it was a girlfriend telling that to the guy, I'm sure the same punks talking here will be saying "how dare she".

A lot of small boys here are just gangster wannabees.

If any of my sister's boyfriends ever grows this kind of head, I would personally treat his fuckup myself. If he wants to be TELLING her what to do (no questions asked), then he needs to do the needful and wife her (if she agrees). Other than that, he is simply one of her many random male friends and that is all he will be in my eyes.

This is the same mental audacity that makes these stoopid boys start beating up on their girlfriends upon the slightest argument.
Until her elder brother comes to pay you a visit undecided
Succintly written... Nothing left to add. I'm glad your kind of men are still out there. The girl in the OP's story, has an abuser in her hands, she won't take this "sign" seriously until he starts beating her up. Her BF is an abuser in the making. It's only a matter of time.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Anacksunamun: 9:56am On Jul 16, 2014
tintingz: Marriage changes many things that's why it is called marriage, its meant for matured mind people.

Even in marriage a wife has the right to question her husband.

a boyfriend will just wake up and said "don't go there" to his girlfriend without no reason, the girl be i-robot?
I tire o. If the BF gave any reason at all, then it's a different case. But just commanding her not to go for no reason at all, is trait of a dictator and many girls don't see it till when they're married and the real hideous traits of him emerges. That girl is living in bondage. I won't be surprised if the guy clothes, feeds and pays her bills and she lives in his house; that's what many ladies enslave themselves to by not being independent - they become the guy's properties instead of lover.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2014
We have to be logical in this.

It's a 2 way thing. It depends on the nature of their relationship.

Freecocoa, ask your friend if they have already started talking about marriage, has she been to his people and vice versa?

Other wise, she shouldn't let anyone tie her down and at 28, boyfriend should changed to Fiance as the case may be.

Na wa for some girl sef... 28-18= 10 years of consistent bleeps and no predetermined time to know when to draw the line.

Anyway, I rarely advice girls these days sha.

Na she know o. Na how many more years befor ehse suppose to know what to do?

At 28 she still dey "just boyfriend" level?
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by yinkies1405: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2014
He should give her reasons why she shouldn't go. T's funny dat he stopped her from goin just like that. Sounds unreasonable to me
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Nsonaso(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2014
freecocoa: So a friend of mine called me asking my opinion on this issue.

A very dear friend of hers is having a birthday bash, he invited and she'd really love to go because he's someone she holds dear plus she really wants to have some fun, now she told her friend she'd be there and on the D day gets set to go and told tells her boyfriend(she went to spend sometime with him), he said in quote "you are not going anywhere" and she thought it was a joke, asked why? he said "I don't want You to", she then said let's go together if you are worried about anything, he still refused saying he isn't worried.
She says she's going and he said "don't say I didn't warn you" , she's asking if its wrong to disobey him.

You can guess what I told her, now let's know what you think.

Hey old friend..... Long time and how are you doing?
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by cc150615(f): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2014
If u ask me,that guy is acting like that cos he has been dictating for her in the past nd she's been obeying, she's just asking for ur opinion on this one cos she soo much wants to attend the parry, from what I see she went to spend time in his house which means she made the guy feel on a good level like he's important to her even if Na just boyfriend.... so now she should ask the guy to give her reasons why he doesn't want her to go nd tell him that if he can't state reasons she'll go....
But if she's so scared of the guy getting angry, That's if she's given the guy her original password like I perceive, then she gats obey him nd get ready to be under that kinda government if she eventually marries him.
Girls should start knowing their worth, as serious as my relationship is when my guy says this is what he wants we reason together, see the pros nd cons nd reach a conclusion not that someone will just say this is what I want nd That's final!
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by cc150615(f): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2014
2buff:

Agreed.

At this stage in their lives, he can only ASK her not to go to a party, not TELL her. It should be a discussion, not a no-logic "decree". She has her own life independent of his. Better a "Babes, I would prefer it if you didn't go" as opposed to "don't go or I will make you regret it". If the roles were switched and it was a girlfriend telling that to the guy, I'm sure the same punks talking here will be saying "how dare she".

A lot of small boys here are just gangster wannabees.

If any of my sister's boyfriends ever grows this kind of head, I would personally treat his fuckup myself. If he wants to be TELLING her what to do (no questions asked), then he needs to do the needful and wife her (if she agrees). Other than that, he is simply one of her many random male friends and that is all he will be in my eyes.

This is the same mental audacity that makes these stoopid boys start beating up on their girlfriends upon the slightest argument.
Until her elder brother comes to pay you a visit undecided
even at the level of wife, a husband doesn't just dish out orders without considering his wife feelings or reasoning with her!
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by poik(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2014
freecocoa: Why would it be better? Even husnand sef, the only reason I'll understand is if the partner has a reason to suspect her, still he should look for ways to catch her and take his decision instead of taking decisions for an adult because you feel its your right to.

Everything was going right till you said 'even husband sef'.
Forget westernization and civilization, your husband has ABSOLUTE sway over you. Your reasons not withstanding. Better obey and submit to him.

If she regarded the boyfriend, she ought to ask his permission, not informing him after she had already made up her mind. That's the cause of the altercation. But that's friendship anyway( which I don't subscribe to).
I still say she obeys the boyfriend. He may have reasons which may outweigh hers, which he may not necessarily want to divulge at dat time. It happens. Who says it must be all about insecurity?

1 Like

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by cc150615(f): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
poik:

Everything was going right till you said 'even husband sef'.
Forget westernization and civilization, your husband has ABSOLUTE sway over you. Your reasons not withstanding. Better obey and submit to him.

If she regarded the boyfriend, she ought to ask his permission, not informing him after she had already made up her mind. That's the cause of the altercation. But that's friendship anyway( which I don't subscribe to).
I still say she obeys the boyfriend. He may have reasons which may outweigh hers, which he may not necessarily want to divulge at dat time. It happens. Who says it must be all about insecurity?
Nd why won't he wanna divulge the reasons That's if he has any aside being insecure, Btw I pity for ur gf o!
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by poik(m): 12:33am On Aug 22, 2014
cc150615:
Nd why won't he wanna divulge the reasons That's if he has any aside being insecure, Btw I pity for ur gf o!

I believe you read my post well before commenting. I just believe it was an oversight for you not to see what my take is about bf/gf relationships.

If you are married, submit to him TOTALLY. If you are not, be sure to be submissive when you do.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by poik(m): 8:12am On Aug 22, 2014
cc150615:

I believe you read my post well. I believe it was just an oversight you did not see my views on bf/gf relationships.
If you are married, better submit to your husband FULLY. If you are not, be sure to when you do. You have everything to gain. I know what my God promised women who do, apart from the inherent emotional advantages.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by cc150615(f): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2014
poik:

I believe you read my post well. I believe it was just an oversight you did not see my views on bf/gf relationships.
If you are married, better submit to your husband FULLY. If you are not, be sure to when you do. You have everything to gain. I know what my God promised women who do, apart from the inherent emotional advantages.
submission doesn't equal to the husband becoming a dictator That's where most guys get it wrong, I'm submissive to my fiance sef but that doesn't mean he just lords over me,reasonable men know how to strike a balance
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by poik(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2014
cc150615:
submission doesn't equal to the husband becoming a dictator That's where most guys get it wrong, I'm submissive to my fiance sef but that doesn't mean he just lords over me,reasonable men know how to strike a balance

I agree with you all the same. I am only trying to point out the fact that you must not expect explanation for each and every decision.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Lovechyld101(m): 3:46am On Nov 28, 2014
Some times gurls need to be treated this way so she don't take you for granted.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Lovechyld101(m): 3:52am On Nov 28, 2014
egopersonified:
If I were ur friend, I would rather dare and find out the real him now than find out after saying I DO.
Stubborn GOat*
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Lovechyld101(m): 4:03am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by egopersonified(f): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
Lovechyld101:

Stubborn GOat*

What is the insult for? Dont I have a right to state my opinion? This is really distasteful.

1 Like

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by malaria(f): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
If my husband says don't go, I will obey but still make him understand am not happy. A bf making such statements without reason, Omo I go pick race, dnt ask me why
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Medunah: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is the kinda shii that happens when ur living with ur bf, the guy hasnt even ringd her and he is giving orders
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mayb d boyfrnd nos somtin bad is going to happen to her dere,nd at d boyfrnd and girlfrnd level,I dnt expect anybody to b d c in c yet until after marriage, any command at dis level should be with please,eg pls don't go,pls seat down.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
I'd say that "don't say I didn't warn you" pretty much decided it. No?
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by yemicoal(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
Are they married?, Are they engaged?? He is only being overprotective or doesn't trust the girl, or he needed company at that moment.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by gbenga4my(m): 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
laplace12:
A LOVE RELATIONSHIP is meant to be a MODEL MARRIAGE where each partner is expected to simulate the husband or wife role though they ain't married yet. If the lady feel she could take such orders when they get married she better start doing so now to a avoid sending the wrong message and probably ruin a beautiful relationship.

I really love this
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Manuellu(m): 12:43am On Mar 20, 2015
laplace12:
Its a free world, anybody can disobey anyone. You can disobey a military man if you so wish, but you gat to first understand and weigh the possible consequence and sincerely ask yourself if it is worth it.
GOD BLESS U FOR DIS COMMENT!
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by yemre: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2015
Hmm, na wa o, does it means if u are married and your husband tells u not to go somewhere, u will go and dare the consequences?
Well, mind what you post becos others are following.
Peace

freecocoa:
Why would it be better? Even husnand sef, the only reason I'll understand is if the partner has a reason to suspect her, still he should look for ways to catch her and take his decision instead of taking decisions for an adult because you feel its your right to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Her Want You More / I Changed This And Started Getting Laid Very Often But... / How To Snatch Someone Else's Woman..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.