Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

The One I Love - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The One I Love (78273 Views)

The One I Love / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages / "I Love Macmillian Books" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nancydearie: #Update Loading#
lol.. oya .. loading
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
Phikom: Ghost mode...
oga Phikom.... Ghost kini?
Re: The One I Love by Phikom(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: oga Phikom.... Ghost kini?
Mode...
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
Phikom:
Mode...
Don't go on ghost mode jurh.... ****CRYING*****
Re: The One I Love by pricelesslove(f): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
nice one. keep it up.
Re: The One I Love by Beckytee(f): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nice story, Weldon boss. #following#
Re: The One I Love by Phikom(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Don't go on ghost mode jurh.... ****CRYING*****
Lol...don't be a cry baby dude...ghost mode de-activated...
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
T-Dan,where are u nah?
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nancydearie: T-Dan,where are u nah?
So you've been awaiting my update.

Alright... I'll starr typing. B4 5:40 I sud drop an update ma.
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2014

Even though it was hard to believe, Stella changed her dress and took Favour along with her to Tobi's place. She wanted to fulfill all righteousness, so that she wouldn't be termed as a bad person.

She called the Grandma and got her informed that she was going to Tobi's place. It was sunny, she hoped to meet him at home. "Let's buy him.... a mouth organ." Favour suggested.

"He doesn't worth it, and, he'll think I like him or something. I don't want him to feel on top of the world." She replied.

"Just to cajole him now." She grinned.

"And... where do you intend to get the money. You know we're are managing." She reminded her.

"Sorry... I thought we were rich." She smiled.

Tobi was at home with two of his friends; Sola and Emmanuel. He was targeting 4pm with his friends to go to the joint to drink as usual when Stella knocked at the door. "Is he the owner of this place?" Favour asked her.

"Yes, he's okay." She replied.

"That's good, really good."

"But he's weird." She hissed. She remembered Tolani, he was the one that did utter the word 'weird'. She did remember him often and it would change her countenance anytime she did remember.

She felt like seeing him. She felt like holding his hands like they did almost five years ago. She felt like hearing his voice, funny jokes and wise words. She'd sometimes sit and chid herself, scold herself against breaking their relationship apart but she knew she had impacted in him by breaking them apart.

If she didn't do that, even if he would not be searching for employment opportunity now, his certificate wouldn't be as great as it was.

She was proficient at settling things to be the best. She wanted the best thing for him, if not, she wouldn't have broken up with him.

"This sun is scorching." Favour tapped her friend.

Stella comported herself back and became self conscious. She knocked again and patiently waited for him to open the gate. Not quite long after, She saw him approaching through a thin space between the gate. "Who's it?" She heard u s voice from within.

"Stella." She replied.

'Stella? What's she doing here again? What's wrong with this girl!' He thought and placed his hand on the gate. "Hope there's no problem?" He enquired.

"Grandma said I should come and prepare you food." She replied.

"Food? But to you, do I look hungry?" He questioned her.

"I have something to do if you're not ready." She turned around as if she was ready to leave.

"Wait." Tobi stopped her and opened the gate. He walked outside and saw Favour with her. "Good afternoon." He greeted Favour, bending a little.

"Good afternoon sir." She bowed too.

Tobi smiled. "Just come in."

Both of them walked in.

Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
anoda update coming soon... TGIF... I'LL UPDATE WELLA TONIGHT!
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
#Following#
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2014
#Waiting#
Re: The One I Love by gennysq(f): 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
Following a̶̲̥̅̊η∂ Waiting oo
Re: The One I Love by Temmytayo20(f): 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2014
#Following#

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2014

"So what do you intend to cook?" Tobi asked Stella.

"What do you have at home that you'd like to eat?" She replied with a question.

Tobiloba closed the gate and turned to them. He glimpsed at Favour while their eyes met and took his eyes off at once. He exhaled deeply and smiled. "Let's go in, my friends are in." He started walking.

"Friends?" Stella muttered and gave Fave a sharp glance. They both halted, how would they appear before his friends? "Friends?" Stella spoke up, she wanted him to hear her and know what his reaction would be.

He turned around and smiled. "Yeah, my friends."

"We can't go in oh.." Stella turned her head towards Fave, and started itching her head.

Tobi chuckled. "You want to cook? Come right in."

"Thought you said you weren't hungry, let's make it another day." She turned around, awaiting him to call her back, or persuade her.

"Alright. You guys may leave." He was happy and walkes up to them to lock the gate.

MONDAY MORNING.

FAVOUR AND STELLA got to the front of the hotel. Stella's heart was beating fast as she stared at the name of the hotel - Diamond Hotel. She felt her pulse herself and smiled faintly. She gazed at Favour and smiles again. "We can do this, let's go in." Favour smiled in return.

Both walked in smartly. They got to the front of the receptionist and greeted the young lady. They told her what they came for and she directed them to Feyi.

Though, Feyi wasn't in charge of the recruiting and employment management, but she felt it would be right to know the ladies that would like to take up the job. "Alright." Both of them chorused and followed the direction.

Both walked swiftly as if they were been chased by something. They halted on getting to the door of her office and looked at each other. The receptionist had called Feyi to tell her about the ladies that were heading to his office.

Stella and her friend knocked faintly and entered when they heard her voice.

★★★

Tolani was laughing. Since he got back to Nigeria, that would be his first time of laughing as much as that. He was always moody, thinking of Stella. He just ended the long term call between him and his friends, in Manchester.

They've made it a surprise for him that they'd visot Nigeria to spend some weeks with him. On New Hemisphere, Manchester to Nigeria was just 10 hours and 48 minutes. He glimpsed at hos wrist watch and it was just some minutes past seven.

Four of his friends told him they'd board the flight by 8am, GMT. He stood up at once, he must make neccessary preparations for their arrival. He didn't have Feyi's mobile number, he'd have called her to tell her about his coming. He knew the way to Diamond Hotel because he had passed the front of the big hotel before, the day he was heading to a boutique.

His father had told him that Feyi was the one heading Diamond Hotel and he felt he should just patronize the Hotel and besides, she'd be happy he brought his friends to her place.

He staired down and entered into his car. He was happy his friends would come to Nigeria to visit him. He too must find time to visit them in Manchester. He was imagining how Frankenstein would survive, because he hated heat so much.

He was happy. He had also thought of it that it would be his first happy day in Nigeria since he got back. He drove at the front of the hotel amd wiped his face. He checked if his collar was well popped and if he was looking as handsome as he left home earlier.

"Yeah, I'm good to go." He smiled and took some steps.

He walked to the reception and told the receptionist he'd like to see Feyi. He told him he had no appointment with him but he should call her and tell her Tolani would like to see her.

He told him she had some visitors because Stella and her friend were still in her office. She had told them to sit and apologized that she'd take a little out of their time because she had to verify a mail on her laptop.

She just concluded the verification and was about addressing the ladies when he arrived. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. You came for the job?" She enquired again, though she knew.

"Yes." The laides chorused.

She picked up the phone and called Mr Adepoju, the chairman of recruiting committee. He didn't pick up and she decided to call the receptionist to ask if Mr Adepoju had gone out.

As he picked up the call, he got her informed that Mr Adepoju just went out to meet a client.

Feyi remembered she had been told earlier, by himself.

"Another visitor is here... Mr Tolani." He informed her.

"Let him in instantly." She ordered the guy and hung up. "You may go." He said to him and gave him the description of how he'd get to her office.

Tolani smiled and appreciated him. He approached her office slowly.

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
In case of errors, d update wiped off and I had to rush produce anoda coz av promised. plz bear wif me.

anoda update loading...
Re: The One I Love by odunayo92: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
cheesy kip d ball rolling dan, am enjoying it, let d update load fast fast oooo
Re: The One I Love by chii8(f): 10:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ahhh.......body dey sweet me ooo,Tolani wan met Stellaaa
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Continuation of chapter 2.4

Tolani was still putting on a cheerful face. He eventually got to the front of the door and knocked twice. "Please do come in." He heard Feyi's voice.

He smiled amd entered. "Good day, Feyi." He smiled in.

"What a great visitor! Tolani..." Feyi stood happily, grinning. From all indications, she was happy seeing him in her office that day.

Tolani also smiled. He took two steps further and shook her hand. "How are you?"

"I'm good, please sit.." She stretched her hand forward to the sit.

Tolani sat down. "I was told you have visitors." He said.

"Visitors? Oops! Two ladies came for our vacant posts, you should see them on your way here." She smiled.

"I saw their back views as they passed that other end, I didn't see them properly. They've almost entered into the lift before I saw them." He said.

"Yeah, I told them to go to the office of the chairman of the recruiting committee." She smiled.

"That's good. I came here because of my friends that are coming from Manchester. They'll arrive into the county by evening and I need rooms for them."

Feyi smiled. "You should have called me on mobile phone. It's a simple issue."

"I don't have your mobile phone number.." He smiled.

"Oorh... Let me give you." She dictated her mobile number to him and assured him everything would be fine. She'd be around to make the preparations. "But something is familiar in this office..." he smiled.

"What?" She enquired, looking around the office.

"What's the name of the perfume?" He asked.

"Beyond Paradise." She replied.

"Oh... I thought you use seris." He smiled.

"Seris? I don't use it.. you use it?" She enquired.

"No, it's for ladies. I have a friend that uses it." He smiled and stood up. "I'll get going." He smiled.

SERIS, was the perfume Stella did use, he- Tolani never thought it was Stella that was entering into the lift. As he left the receptionist's place, Feyi told Stella and Fave to leave for Mr Adepoju's office. She described the office and explained how they'd get there.

Favour had entered into the lift, Stella was about entering when Tolani pulled out from the corner and sighted someone entering into the lift.

The scent of perfume he just smelled changed his happy mood again till he got to the car. He was just picturing Stella's image as he entered into the car. He drove to his office but all was still the same.

♥♥♥♥
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
You fit wait for another update?
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nice update,keep it up!
Re: The One I Love by jaymomma(f): 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: You fit wait for another update?

Of course. Waiting.
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 10:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: You fit wait for another update?
Yes ooooo,I will wait! Two more updates plz!
Re: The One I Love by necal(f): 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
What a nice twist. Thumbs up mr. T.
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nancydearie: Yes ooooo,I will wait! Two more updates plz!
Two ke... alright. .. typing
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
necal: What a nice twist. Thumbs up mr. T.
Thanks sis. Necal
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
jaymomma:

Of course. Waiting.
BENIBANK! Thanks boss
Re: The One I Love by Princesschi(f): 10:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
Chei, Stella and Tolani missed each other just like that, and i thought they were going to meet in Feyi's office.
Stil following...
Re: The One I Love by chii8(f): 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Princesschi: Chei, Stella and Tolani missed each other just like that, and i thought they were going to meet in Feyi's office.
Stil following...
me too.......
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2014

MR ADEPOJU entered into the office and almost disappeared on seeing the two ladies in his office. "How did you manage to get here?" He questioned them.

Stella and Favour stood up at once and glimpsed at each other. "The Madam... the C.E.O, I think." Favour spoke.

"Miss Feyi right?" He asked and took few steos forward.

"Yes sir." They both chorused.

He calmed down and walked to his seat. He sat down and removed his glasses. "Come right here." He called them.

Both walked to his presence and stood. "Sit down." He offered them seats and started his discussion.

"I've been told by the receptionist earlier that you guys came for the vacancies."

"Yes sir." Both of them said together.

"That's pretty good, you guys came with application letters and your C.V?"

"Yes sir." They both brought out their application letters and C.Vs. They handed it over to him and awaited his response. "You guys are really good, you don't worth this job at all.." he said, wondering on how they could have came for that kind of oppurtunity.

"We really need this sir, it's Nigeria.." Stella spoke.

"You really think so? I don't want you to work here with this kind of certificates, you worth more, you are to be respected." Mr Adepoju was being considerate.

"Please sir, let's be working here for the mean time, we'd get a better job. To eat is a big problem." Stella sounded sad.

"Alright, if you insist. But I'll try I can to make sure you ladies make it to the top." He smiled and shook them. "I'll speak with Miss Feyi about you and will get in touch with you." He said.

"Alright sir. Do we leave our cell phone numbers?"

"Yes."

→→→→

"It's a thing they can start right away, they'll be orientated by Chucks." Feyi addressed Mr Adepoju.

"That's nice ma, but you can help them.." He said slowly and sofly.

"That's true, let's start from this level before we move to the aspect of helping. I'll try and dk something." She smiled.

"Thank you ma." Mr Adepoju stood happily and left.

Adepoju returned back to the office. He divulge the news to them happily that they could start that day because Feyi was so pleased. He told them they'd have to have orientation that would be handled by one of the committee members, Mr Chucks and they'd be work for night shift that day.

Though it was a good news, but on the other hand an unpleasant one. It wouldn't be a good thing to be a cleaner in a hotel when one's mates are in big companies.

"When's the orientation?" Favour asked.

"Let's say in two hours' time." He smiled.

"Alright sir." Stella replied.

"You can go home and come back, for the preparation of the orientation. Nice to join us, DIAMOND HOTEL.

♡♡♡♡♡
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
The last update for tonight's gonna drop by some minutes to 12.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now) / My Book Of Rants!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.