Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

The Nigerian Music Industry: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Nigerian Music Industry: (1060 Views)

Latest Addition To The Nigerian Music Scene, Godwin Jay Drops Club Banging Song / Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Music Industry: by fredmansha(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2008
what would you say about the Nigerian Music Industry?do u think we getting there?and what are the things we still need to do to really improve?,

FREDMAN,
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry: by frijos(m): 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2008
Man, I don't think there's anyone as happy as I am about the Nigerian music industry. I would say we're already there. If we're not, MTV base and others will not be coming over here for business. It's because they see the potential and huge profit in the music industry in Nigeria. Nigeria is blessed! We're blessed with abundant talents and we're incredibly gifted people.

I know no man's perfect so there'll always be one, two or three things going wrong and no matter how u try to clear it out other problems and issues emerges from nowhere. I like what the Copyright commission is doing the STRAP and CLAMP initiatives are really contributing to the success and development of the Nigerian music industry. Cudos to Adebambo Adewopo. They're trying to clear out piracy and yeah that's much needed. Pirates themselves should be encouraged to do business legally. What they need is enlightenment. Another issue is the issue of Royalties. There's a lot to discuss under this that I need to start a whole new thread on it.

As far as i'm concerned, Nigeria music industry we're there already. Listening to music by foriengn artists now disgusts me somehow. That goes to show that we appreciate our own. I can't remember last time I bought a foriegn artists CD.
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry: by jimmoh: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2008
we are almost there check out naija videos and beat there is doubt that we are almost there

(1) (Reply)

Weird Mc Is The Number One Nigerian Female Rapper / M.i.2 Premiere Witness: “i’m Sorry To Say But M.i.2 Is A Scam” / Naeto C's Year Of Misfortune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.