Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? (58562 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. / 8 Most Beautiful Island Countries In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Eleeesi(m): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
I am surprised nobody mention Lokoja in Kogi state. Find out, it will marvel you that its an expensive city too.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
liberty300: this statement shows you haven't set foot outside lagos.

Enugu is not that expensive, but house rent is what's killing us here.
shut up ur mouth,"pure water and gala re d same price all over lagos. And transport is cheap.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by naijanaso: 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
Iykopee: kai, PH na die. Common 2 bedroom flat na 500k per annum. In highbrow areas, like new GRA and old GRA, u will start planning to purchase a land and build ur own house cos 600k for a year rent is no childs play.

You are referring to yesterday my brother. PHC is very very very very expensive. 2 bedroom is on the average of 600k while 3 bedroom ranges between 700k to 1m. 3bedroom aroung Odili road goes for between 1m to 1.5m. Lands are so expensive (without good planning ooh). Building materials are so expensive...food is no go araea. The cheapest thing I have seen in PHC is Pure water that sells for N10 per sachet. Transport is expensive. Everything is expensive. Even when there is fuel scarcity, it iwll last longer in PHC. This PHC na wa.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by bamite(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: No "Meaningful" comment can make meaning to your dead brain because you are a genetical fool. Insulting your father should be a sport for everyone even kids. He did the human race a great dishonor by impregnating someone to give birth to you fvcktard!
guy grow up or should i say wise nd stop makin a fool of urself hr..calin sm1 elses mom a hoe..smh, i kinda fil sory 4ur folks tho...u're a waste
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
bamite: guy grow up or should i say wise nd stop makin a fool of urself hr..calin sm1 elses mom a hoe..smh, i kinda fil sory 4ur folks tho...u're a waste
What is your business here bast@rd?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by bamite(m): 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: What is your business here bast@rd?
iy hurts to see a stupid person displayin his foolishnes 4 al 2c..i hope u learn 2stop insultin ppl,cos indirectly u're insultin ur self nd those responsible 4ur up bringin.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by bamite(m): 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: What is your business here bast@rd?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Eleganza33(f): 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bayelsa is vry expensive o.u nid to c d high cost of living evn ordinary pen is 150.to inta an okada is a luxury dan to inter a taxi.evn housing nd clothing cost die
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
bamite: iy hurts to see a stupid person displayin his foolishnes 4 al 2c..i hope u learn 2stop insultin ppl,cos indirectly u're insultin ur self nd those responsible 4ur up bringin.
Your foolishness is at the peak... Stay off my lane fvcktard
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by fubbyy(m): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: I think lagos is expensive, check out school fees (primary and secondary), accomodation, transportation (if you own a car, traffic will make you use more fuel than you are supposed to). Being expensive isn't all about food, you have to look @ all the basic need of life.
you are wrong,you don't have to look at high class schools to pass your judgment,if so then every city is expensive because there are schools for the rich in every city,

What you should compare is the affordable things in this city and affordable things in that city then you will know where is expensive, lagos is not really expensive, its just stressful
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by tomiobj(m): 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
JeffreyJamez: Is Lagos really expensive?!!...

purewater is 5naira

Gala 50 naira

La casera 100 naira

Transport is cheap....

House rent I is reasonable in most areas

Abeg Lagos is not expensive Jor....
Bottled water @ goodies supermarket surulere. 850N. 50cl
Sausage roll Mr biggs 100N sm80N
Lucozade sport. 170N
taxi ride from ikeja city mall to ajuwon about 5k
House rent. -ask our ibo brodas about that one grin
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by tomiobj(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
fubbyy: you are wrong,you don't have to look at high class schools to pass your judgment,if so then every city is expensive because there are schools for the rich in every city,

What you should compare is the affordable things in this city and affordable things in that city then you will know where is expensive, lagos is not really expensive, its just stressful
True talk. Public schools in Lagos are free. And compulsory. So u cnt complain about school fees. Stress makes tns xopensive tho. U should know aw much I spent Becos of malaria and typhoid dose people @ d markets are scammers
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Evestar200(f): 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
martineverest:

u dont know what u enjoy in lagos....am a lagosian,schooled in warri,benin and ph.......lagos is damn cheap.there are som places in niger delta where pure water is 20 naira
Bayelsa Precisely
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
sublimes: @Op, Yenagoa should come first on that list. Everything is damn expensive in that town.
i was surprised when i did not see it on the list.it seems traders just fix prices as they wish, there was even a time when pure water was increased to #20 if you remember. lol. during the fuel subsidy time entering a taxi was automatically hundred naira for the shortest distance. a drop for a distance of 3km was like 2k mehn i remember the day i para for one igbo driver. when i hear the price of things in some part of this country i just laugh and see it as a joke.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Evestar200(f): 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
FKO1: OP IF WARRI IS AN EXPENSIVE CITY WHAT WILL YOU CALL BENIN CITY?
Benin/Edo the most cheapest City/State in South-South.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by JoeCutie(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: how about accommodation, so you think people living under the bridge have a life? Is that what you mean by manoeuvre?
Living under the bridge is never part of what we're saying. They aint living under the bridge because accomodation is expensive; they're living under the bridge because they're simply living 'under the bridge'. Slash the rent by 50% & they'll still be living under the bridge. Those are mostly beggers, pocket pickers & what have you. Where do you live...under the bridge? Or do you wanna tell us you're a don? Dangote's son? My dear, no matter where those set of people go in this country, they'll still go & look for a better bridge under which they' live. How does someone that hawks just sweets & chewing gum plan to pay for rent anywhere even in the village? Maybe they're meant to be there - perharps, as a result of the state of our country.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by JoeCutie(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
banega: Mmm, you can say all that again!! Endorsed cool ¤ ¤
smiley

3 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by omololu2020(m): 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
debulle: You don't live in Lagos,know that Epe,Okokomiko,Badagry,Ikotun,Egbeda,Ikorodu are not Lagos,Such places are satelite towns.Check well Lagos is expensive and house rents are over priced.
so can u list out d cities under lagos
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ojimbo(m): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
nickz: gringringrin chai bros its either you're in ogun state or the person selling the food is your family relation....the most 'local' food joint within my vicinity in lagos sell a plate of ONLY RICE for #350
hei, all dis lies u are quoting, dia is god o o o o o
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by lucianohase(m): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: dat means ph is cheap na, if you pay 500k per annum in GRA, some parts in lagos pay 1.2million per annum.
Well,it depends on the area in Ph
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by PRODUTIM1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: oga, mention the expensive cities in SW let's see. Please don't mention ibadan or abeokuta ooooo, cos those places are dem cheap, You are a bonobo if you don't know this.
. Akure, u can ask. Anybody that have lived there before.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Deeman87: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
sublimes: @Op, Yenagoa should come first on that list. Everything is damn expensive in that town.
I 100% agree wit u.. Even wat dey have (produce) is damn is expensive.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
@ OP;i obviously dont know why warri is on that list;the fact that its an oil city does not make it expensive..av u ever travelled to warri?asaba is quite expensive but definitely not warri;pls do ur research very well next time and stop saying wat you dont know..

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by aadoiza: 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
These folks here are jokers, things are even costlier in Unilag than some of the cities tagged expensive. I guess expensive is relative.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Humblebloke(m): 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
ojimbo: imagine in Lagos, you can buy plate of food that contains both rice, bean, plantain, spaghetti with two meat, all with just 100 naira
In Ajegunle shey??
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2014

purewater is 5naira

Gala 50 naira

La casera 100 naira

Transport is cheap....

Lagos is expensive

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by layez: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2014

purewater is 5naira

Gala 50 naira

La casera 100 naira

Transport is cheap....

cos dem dey sell P.water #5 no mean say Lag cheap... Even ife wey be one of the cheapest sef dey sell pure water for #10 or better still y for #20... Gala and La casera are oly sold @dat price for aboki side or dose ppu wey dey hawk... Come mama T side and u go regret dat u no get carton of gala or crate of drinks for aos... Even to drink purewater na wahala,if e cold na #10,if e no cold na 3 for #20....... Lag expensive o dou still cheap to an extend unlk Abj
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by nairalforlaughs: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
Adetayo100: Port hacourt is damn too expensive. I remembered my secondary school days in elelewon

A.C.M.G.S?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ojimbo(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
Humblebloke:
In Ajegunle shey??
na only aj get ghetto? Oshodi nko, ilasa. Ijesha, orile
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
PRODUTIM1: . Akure, u can ask. Anybody that have lived there before.

Bro u don't know Akure at all, things are cheaper in Akure; is it food, housing or cab...?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by under12: 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
including condoms??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... / Foam In Anthony Village Is As A Result Of Tanker Accident- LASG / Photos From The Mass Burial Of Madonna Students Burnt To Death In Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.