Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? (58531 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. / 8 Most Beautiful Island Countries In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ken4jj(m): 10:31am On Aug 27, 2014
Pls 4 guys who know abuja. What are d satellite towns aröund cocãcola plant in abuja. Wat is d cost of housing in those areas? plz help a brother find out. Tanx
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by mrwiddy(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
Is Lagos really expensive?!!...

purewater is 5naira

Gala 50 naira

La casera 100 naira

Transport is cheap....

House rent I is reasonable in most areas

Abeg Lagos is not expensive Jor....
u nvr live 4 alaguntan
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by spankyflex(m): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
sluvy4tune:

I have been in Akwa ibom for a year now bro, I have even been informed about 2 bedroom apartment, newly build around town for 250k, interlocked compound , fence round with water , my informant also inform me that dem use marble for some part of the building self all for 250k
where is the. location?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Bifwoli: 3:13am On Nov 14, 2014
frankmoney:
port Harcourt is the most expensive city ...everything cost here , accommodation , food , manpower etc abuja is just expensive based on accomodation

I don't get it.How could some relatively unknown and less global Nigerian cities be so expensive or is it just by Nigerian standards? Abuja is just rated "sufficient" by the Globalization and World Cities Research council,the very last group(#12) in the index of global rankings.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 18, 2015
Owerri my city is the las vegas of Nigeria,. While Enugu is another beautiful place smiley smiley• •

Mtchew
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2015
sluvy4tune:
Kindly remove Uyo from that list please. Uyo will be expensive(maybe in 3-5years) from now, but at the moment cost of living in Uyo is cheap.

My 2 bedroom apartment, in the heart of the town,interlocked compound with gate,fence round and well sized up bedroom I got it for 250k.( have also seen 3bedroom for 250k as well nice compound)The environment is cool & the house is a virgin house(freshly build) that's why some would say is that expensive.

My 3 bedroom office space with 2 toilet,interlocked compound also in the centre of the town went for 300k, thou not a virgin apartment but very decent and nice 3storey building.

Taking cabs/keke is also very affordable, the price ranges from #30 -#50, if you want a drop it goes for about #150-#200

Journey of 20mins is 20mins no matter the hold up (that's if you encounter any ) I leave my house by 8:49am to catch up an appointment with some1 by 9am and I am rest assure I will get there promptly.

Finally if you wanna relax/chill a movie ticket at silverbird in Uyo is just #250 grin my first time I tot it was a joke

Considering where I am coming from Abuja/Phc I consider Uyo the cheapest for now. An average abuja /ph Guy is a top notch celeb (money no be problem) in Uyo.
For babes matter na u go tire especially if you be Corper. Don't know why but ibom ladies love corpers wink Akwa ibom ladies truly know how to keep a man. Food and other wise.

Mbok if you see chicken for #200 u go delete this thread.

You just reminded me of d Akwa Ibom babe wey nack me Akpaiko...I was d one moaning like a girl...my corper friend nacked d same babe 40times while serving. Na true

you talk...dem no dey tire...na you go tire
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by sluvy4tune(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
drlawizle:

You just reminded me of d Akwa Ibom babe wey nack me Akpaiko...I was d one moaning like a girl...my corper friend nacked d same babe 40times while serving. Na true

you talk...dem no dey tire...na you go tire

Kai bros i am a living witness oh
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by 19naia(m): 5:35am On Mar 19, 2015
Wow! I enjoyed this thread.. Its so hard to get people to talk in detail about prices in Nigeria... I am hearing all this input about rent per annum, transport, meat, rice, drinking-water for various regions and broad range category from cheapest to expensive..
I have travelled to stay in 17 different countries in my lifetime including Nigeria in my younger days.. I always research the cost of living in places i plan to go to in the future.I plan to reach more than my previous 17 countries ,before 2017.. Nigeria is one of the hardest places to get clear comprehensive cost of living writeups online...
This Post here has filled in with much good information and i am inspired..

From what i read in this post, Nigeria is cheap overall.. Maybe its expensive from an average Nigerian salary earners perspective..
But Nigeria is over priced when it comes to property prices in the priciest areas of lagos and such where they list with agencies even for 10million Naira per annum for luxury dwellings that dont compare in quality of living for the same in USA.. If i had that kind of money, i would rather live in USA or Europe.. Because the general public environs are as important as the private compound a person dwells
All the countries i travelled in ,other than Canada,USA and Europe, i was able to live entire monthly cost of living at 160k-180k naira a month.. That covered public transport, food, rent, and miscellaneous things... These were all cheaper countries like Thailand, philippines, peru, ecuador, panama, costarica, Nicaragua, Honduras, guatemala, and belize.... Belize more expensive now..
Also i always lived in the above average accomodations for the various locales. Some places i just lived in the hotel for around 2400naira a night...Not the luxurious ones, just enough to be clean and comfortable and in areas americans and european tourist also stay..
200k naira total monthly cost of living is a very low cost of living for me these days... I get by right now on 250k naira a month total expenses in USA but all my income is actually in $.. Rent alone right now is 119k naira monthly... So even 1.5m per annum rent is not so expensive.. Although here in USA i am only renting a well furnished and comfortable 1 bedroom with all electric and water included.. I would get a bigger house than needed, if i paid the same in naija... My expenses here are not that of a rich man.. I budget and stay within allowances to save money to travel every year and other responsibilities ,but I eat well and healthy..
Good input from people on this topic..
I think i will find Nigeria quite cheap when i come with the same budget.....

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by irishCream: 7:06am On Mar 19, 2015
sluvy4tune:

Kai bros i am a living witness oh

undecided undecided
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by sluvy4tune(m): 7:16am On Mar 19, 2015
irishCream:

undecided undecided

Not what you think oh
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by irishCream: 7:52am On Mar 19, 2015
sluvy4tune:

Not what you think oh

And what do you think I think that's not it
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ableguy(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2015
customized13:
dat means ph is cheap na, if you pay 500k per annum in GRA, some parts in lagos pay 1.2million per annum.
That 500 or 600 k for rent in GRA PH can only get u accommodation in places like satellite, okota or ago.
so by and large accommodation is cheaper in ph compared to Lagos

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Miller1: 11:35am On Jun 15, 2015
ableguy:

that 500 or 600 k for rent in gra ph can only get u accommodation in places like satellite, okota or ago.
so by and large accommodation is cheaper in ph compared to Lagos

the person saying that rent in gra ph surely u miss road. wen I pay 500k for a 2 bedroom at just mgbouba. gra ph u should be talking of 1mil minimum
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by collins4626(m): 10:46am On Sep 08, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by collins4626(m): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2015
lagos is very expencive when it comes too housing
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by DifferentBoy1(m): 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
nairalforlaughs:

A.C.M.G.S?

Community Boys Secondary School (C.B.S.S)
Elelenwo Boys
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by DifferentBoy1(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
Edoblakky:
Many people are saying what they know nothing about. I used to live in PH and my 2 bedroom apartment in Woji cost 200k per annum. When I came to Lagos, my 3 bedroom apartment in Lekki before chevron drive cost over 1M. Some 3 bedroom cost 1.5M around my house, in Lekki phase 1, it's much higher. I agree PH houses cost but they are less compared to Lagos!

Guyman, Woji is Obio/akpor and not Port Harcourt
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 22, 2016
Expensive ke, when you guys come over to the US and pay like 1500+ USD per month for a 2bedroom apartment, you will realize you are paying nothing in naija.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by iiiyyyk(m): 11:21am On Jul 22, 2016
McWhillion:

Then you've missed the point here, if an Eastern village is more expensive to live in than Lagos, do one need to tell you that it would be much more expensive to live in their cities.

Which eastern village?
Pple just like typing nonsense, do they pay accomodation in villages? Do they buy foods maybe rice
They cook with firewood ...
How would a village be expensive?
Compared to even the least city....

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by McWhillion(m): 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2016
iiiyyyk:

Which eastern village?
Pple just like typing nonsense, do they pay accomodation in villages? Do they buy foods maybe rice
They cook with firewood ...
How would a village be expensive?
Compared to even the least city....
Hey dude, next time don't spew your opinionated thrash on a one year old thread. If you follow through the thread I wasn't talking about rent, my opinion was tilted towards food, and yes it's cheaper to buy food n some other commodities in Lagos than in some villages in Imo state. Don't quote me with your nonsense talk again.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by iiiyyyk(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
McWhillion:

Hey dude, next time don't spew your opinionated thrash on a one year old thread. If you follow through the thread I wasn't talking about rent, my opinion was tilted towards food, and yes it's cheaper to buy food n some other commodities in Lagos than in some villages in Imo state. Don't quote me with your nonsense talk again.

Mbe talking without prove. Thats how we know idiots. U sit in ur jungle and talk about places u have never been to. U be witch?

Mention one village in Imo state and the food item that is more expensive there than in lagos.
Just mention one
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by McWhillion(m): 4:35am On Jul 27, 2016
iiiyyyk:

Mbe talking without prove. Thats how we know idiots. U sit in ur jungle and talk about places u have never been to. U be witch?

Mention one village in Imo state and the food item that is more expensive there than in lagos.
Just mention one

Its obvious you are a reta.rd and a low life. I have better things to do than to trade words with a worthless piece of shiit that you are.
Stupid cretin.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by iiiyyyk(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2016
McWhillion:

Its obvious you are a reta.rd and a low life. I have better things to do than to trade words with a worthless piece of shiit that you are.
Stupid cretin.

Hahahaha
Resorting to abuse... trait of ignorant agburus...
A Clear evidence u don't know what u are saying and can't defend ur word.
Burry your pap filled head with shame.... if u can't mention just one village in Imo state where food items are more expensive than lagos.

MENTION ONE
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by McWhillion(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2016
iiiyyyk:

Hahahaha
Resorting to abuse... trait of ignorant agburus...
A Clear evidence u don't know what u are saying and can't defend ur word.
Burry your pap filled head with shame.... if u can't mention just one village in Imo state where food items are more expensive than lagos.

MENTION ONE
You started the barrage of insults so I refused to continue in the line of discourse that was meant to be since your anus which you use in thinking cannot converse with humans without insulting them.

On a second thought, let me lay this to rest. My mom comes from Akabo in Imo state and anytime she goes home the only thing she says is cheaper to buy in the village is maggi. Food stuff is generally costlier in Imo than in Lagos.
This can be attributed to:
1. Arable land that can be used to grow crops is in short supply. Red soil is predominant in the east.
2. Commercial farming is less popular in the east than in the north and west.
3. Owerri never recovered from the ravaging of its farmlands during the civil war, the Owerri people were not particularly known to be great farmers before the war but even the little farming they engaged in almost completely disappeared after the war.

If you're not convinced you can travel down to the east and see for yourself.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
Miller1:

the person saying that rent in gra ph surely u miss road. wen I pay 500k for a 2 bedroom at just mgbouba. gra ph u should be talking of 1mil minimum

Did he mention the size of the apartment? 500k budget in GRA ph will rent you a store per annum, perhaps he is staying around mile 4 or Oroazi suburbs thinking he lives in GRA.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
Edoblakky:
Many people are saying what they know nothing about. I used to live in PH and my 2 bedroom apartment in Woji cost 200k per annum. When I came to Lagos, my 3 bedroom apartment in Lekki before chevron drive cost over 1M. Some 3 bedroom cost 1.5M around my house, in Lekki phase 1, it's much higher. I agree PH houses cost but they are less compared to Lagos!

You lived in woji village and i guess your relocation is upto 5yrs, newsflash, a 2BR flat in woji village is averaging 450-500k, if you like decent places in Woji like the Alcon area or anywhere by Elelenwo bypass, average rent for 2BR flat (decent one) is 650 to 800k depending on facilities, and who told you woji is Portharcourt? You could have mentioned Obigbo too as PH grin grin
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by iiiyyyk(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
McWhillion:

You started the barrage of insults so I refused to continue in the line of discourse that was meant to be since your anus which you use in thinking cannot converse with humans without insulting them.

On a second thought, let me lay this to rest. My mom comes from Akabo in Imo state and anytime she goes home the only thing she says is cheaper to buy in the village is maggi. Food stuff is generally costlier in Imo than in Lagos.
This can be attributed to:
1. Arable land that can be used to grow crops is in short supply. Red soil is predominant in the east.
2. Commercial farming is less popular in the east than in the north and west.
3. Owerri never recovered from the ravaging of its farmlands during the civil war, the Owerri people were not particularly known to be great farmers before the war but even the little farming they engaged in almost completely disappeared after the war.

If you're not convinced you can travel down to the east and see for yourself.

Hahahahahahahahahahah
Chai
Nothing person no go hear for nairaland...
Hahahahah
Owerri never recover from civil war...ewoo.
I can swear with any thing u have never been to eastern nigeria b4.
Chai.
All the stories u stated above does not give answer to the question.

The question remains MENTION one food item that is more expensive in Villages in Imo state than Lagos?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by McWhillion(m): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
iiiyyyk:

Hahahahahahahahahahah
Chai
Nothing person no go hear for nairaland...
Hahahahah
Owerri never recover from civil war...ewoo.
I can swear with any thing u have never been to eastern nigeria b4.
Chai.
All the stories u stated above does not give answer to the question.

The question remains MENTION one food item that is more expensive in Villages in Imo state than Lagos?
I just confirmed how dumb and naive you are. Just buzz off and stay out of my mentions till you have something more enlightening to say.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by iiiyyyk(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
McWhillion:

I just confirmed how dumb and naive you are. Just buzz off and stay out of my mentions till you have something more enlightening to say.

You come on public forum to make comments u cant prove and about places u know nothing about..
Hide ur face in shame.
Pap filled head lgnoramus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 / You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba! / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.