Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! (51437 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / Breaking News: Fifa Ban Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
This decision will lead to development of sports in Nigeria. The federal government must not waiver on their position. NFF can now source for fund and am sure they will succeed. Only they must now look good as a selling factor before investors decide to release funds to them; otherwise no deal. The pressure this brings into NFF will force some measure of internal cleansing / reform. All manner of political intrigue that plagued the system will disappear in no time.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by JEITO: 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mehn! N253m every month! NFF budget certainly is certainly bigger than Bombay.
Let's take a well deserved break from soccer and invest this money into other sports after all, variety they say is the spice of life.

#God forbid make we die from football induced kwashiokor.

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by nestaAK(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
A father sends a son to school

The school claims the father has no say Θñ academic activity of the son and should not in any way interfere

You know the concluding part

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
nestaAK: A father sends a son to school

The school claims the father has no say Θñ academic activity of the son and should not in any way interfere

You know the concluding part

I like your analogy best. Let me finish it.

The father doesn't like the papers his son has been submitting, so he tells someone else to write his son's papers.

The school tells the father he cannot do that, and they will expel the boy if he continues.

Angrily, the father allows the boy to be expelled, and also kicks him out of the house.

To punish the school.

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by dvee2: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Icecomrade: Dont we have smart guys in Our FG. This stupid fire brigade decision will end up making FIFA ban more difficult to lift. Simple SMART move. Re-instate NFF, get FIFA to lift the ban. Afterwards seal the accounts, starve them of funds. Use internal machineries to get rid of the corrupt guys at the next election. And everyone is happy. Thats simple logic.

Here is one smart guy. I wonder why some people just comment without understanding issues. FIFA does not care if the federal government gives money to NFF or not. many nations are falling over themselves to spend billions and host FIFA events,so whats concern them with the money to NFF. Reinstate NFF officials and stop giving them money simple. but freezing their account will be read as another form of interferance. What kind of people to we have ruling us? not smart at all.
The decision to fund NFF by government is purely a government discretion and has got nothing to do with FIFA. So stopping it is not a political move. but freezing their account will be constriued as a political move. In the end only our football will surfer.

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
If the government has that kind of money to spend each month let them use it to build a football pitch in one school in every local government area it should not take 4 years
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
dvee2:
Icecomrade:
Dont we have smart guys in Our FG. This silly fire brigade decision will end up making FIFA ban more difficult to lift. Simple SMART move. Re-instate NFF, get FIFA to lift the ban. Afterwards seal the accounts, starve them of funds. Use internal machineries to get rid of the corrupt guys at the next election. And everyone is happy. Thats simple logic.

Here is one smart guy. I wonder why some people just comment without understanding issues. FIFA does not care if the federal government gives money to NFF or not. many nations are falling over themselves to spend billions and host FIFA events,so whats concern them with the money to NFF. Reinstate NFF officials and stop giving them money simple. but freezing their account will be read as another form of interferance. What kind of people to we have ruling us? not smart at all.
The decision to fund NFF by government is purely a government discretion and has got nothing to do with FIFA. So stopping it is not a political move. but freezing their account will be constriued as a political move. In the end only our football will surfer.

I wish to God we had intellectuals like you in government.

"Those who are smart enough not to engage in Nigerian politics have to suffer the consequences of the decisions of those who are śtupid enough to."

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by ocelot2006(m): 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
martyns303: Can't be giving out N253 Million without it being accounted for. If u don't want interference, fine. Finance urself and do as u wish.

Kpom!! Simples!
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
iwonbaoko:
There is no difference between NFF and the Catholic church. Government cannot tell them who to appoint as bishop and government does not put money there either,so stop funding them and let the do their stuff. If they want to use the stadium they can either pay rent or build their own

Who does the Nigeria Football Federation represent? Nigerians!

Where is the NFF based and registered? Nigeria!

Who have Nigerians elected to oversea all maters within and outside Nigeria on their behalf? Nigerian Government

FIFA needs to be taken to court here. They are getting away with murder. They use state resource to host tournaments. The stadiums, transport system and security for the 2014 World Cup was provided for by the Brazillian Government. So who says government are not involved in sports.

I pray someone takes FIFA to court! If you fail at the court of arbitration for sports but you can still appeal at a higher court in Switzerland. Even FIFA is subject to the legal system in Switzerland so why does FIFA expect NFF to be immuned from Nigerian courts?

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sagamite(m): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
mikeansy: Good move to starve NFF of funds but it is not enough

But win or loose Nigeria should test this FIFA rule at the court of arbitration for sports in Switzerland

NFF is an institution registered in Nigeria and also represent the sports interest of Nigerians. They must be subject to Nigerian courts and listen to the views of the democratically elected representative of the Nigerian people which is the government

I maintain that win or loose Nigeria should take FIFA to court!

If we loose then we can re-instate the current board. But we can not allow the current board carry on without a fight!

FIFA handed the certificate to host the next World Cup to Vladamir Putin! Who the last time I checked is still a political leader. This FIFA denial that politicians and government can't get involved needs to be challenged

Handing a certificate ceremonially to a President is not "evidence" of political involvement.

That argument is so lame.

Politicians are free to get involved or not. FIFA needs them but can also afford to ignore them if they don't want to be involved.

It is called monopoly of supply.

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by EliteYouth: 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
Umaru Fintiri, Sworn In As Acting Governor www.nairaland.com/1814449/adamawa-speaker-umaru-fintiri-sworn

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sagamite(m): 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
mikeansy:

Who have Nigerians elected to oversea all maters within and outside Nigeria on their behalf? Nigerian Government

FIFA needs to be taken to court here. They are getting away with murder. They use state resource to host tournaments. The stadiums, transport system and security for the 2014 World Cup was provided for by the Brazillian Government. So who says government are not involved in sports.

I pray someone takes FIFA to court! If you fail at the court of arbitration for sports but you can still appeal at a higher court in Switzerland. Even FIFA is subject to the legal system in Switzerland so why does FIFA expect NFF to be immuned from Nigerian courts?

You case arguments would be thrown out of court so fast, it would be ridiculous.

FIFA football membership is like an international social club.

You can be thrown out of or excluded from the club.

So because an entity is based or registered in your country means he government can come and change the leadership?

You think it is North Korea?

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

Handing a certificate ceremonially to a President is not "evidence" of political involvement.

That argument is so lame.

Politicians are free to get involved or not. FIFA needs them but can also afford to ignore them if they don't want to be involved.

It is called monopoly of supply.

And then the Brazillian government building stadiums and transport and providing security also lame?

Please which Nigerians elected NFF to represent our interest at FIFA ?
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
mikeansy:

The NFF does not represent Nigerians. I am sorry you need to go and read their constitution , their registration document etc. We need not deal in sentiments but FACTS. If you join a club you keep to their rules and if you don't like it you quit. The NFF caan be taken to court in Nigeria for issues like debt,breach of contract with other legal persons e.g hotels etc but Not about how it runs its internal affairs just like churches are registered in Nigeria you cannot tell them who to appoint but you can kick them out of your country so also with NFF if you don't like their behaviour kick them out. We did it with BP under Obasanjo years ago

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
iwonbaoko: The NFF does not represent Nigerians. I am sorry you need to go and read their constitution , their registration document etc. We need not deal in sentiments but FACTS. If you join a club you keep to their rules and if you don't like it you quit.

Please who does the Nigeria football federation represent?

My debate here is not what is in FIFA or NFF constitution but whether whatever they have in their constitution is legal or threatens the sovereignty of Nation states!

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sagamite(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
mikeansy:

And then the Brazillian government building stadiums and transport and providing security also lame?

Please which Nigerians elected NFF to represent our interest at FIFA ?

The Brazilian government can choose not to or demand to be paid. FIFA would take their party elsewhere.

I can go to my local park right now with my friends and say I represent Nigeria. I don't need to be elected. I am enjoying my social life.

I can set up the Nigerian Intellectual Association and decide to get people to represent Nigeria, I don't need to be elected.

And if the government thinks it is good for the nation's image and have society's support, they might throw money at it.

Just like the Nigerian Supporters club did not need anyone electing them. And government throws money at them.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
mikeansy:

I don't know what you mean by represent they are a private body.
You are labouring under misinformation. NFF is no different from the Boy's scouts,Rotary Club or Jehovah witness. Any money government spends on them s FATHER XMAS it does not give government a say
Who does the Catholic church in Nigeria or MTN represent

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by ayobase(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
I was told fifa dey corrupt.
pls, how true?

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sagamite(m): 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
mikeansy:

My debate here is not what is in FIFA or NFF constitution but whether whatever they have in their constitution is legal or threatens the sovereignty of Nation states!

How does it threaten the nation's sovereignty? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Dear fellow nairalanders
Help you brother out by voting for my project (Afrique Merchants and Trade Services -AMTS ltd) in the on-going youth competition organised by UNESCO. The top ten voted entrants get invited to present their projects at the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin, Germany with the possibility of the winners securing funding and support for their project.

The link to vote for mine is at:

https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/693

I promise it will take only a minute of your time smiley

Thanks and God bless
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by hamaworld(m): 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Huuu? Fg did what? Ok there pls stop also scrap fmos

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by daveP(m): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hmm the end for corrupt men and suya eating abokis.until the1988-94 set are vested with the responsibilities of this body.....(picks up flute used in igbo folklore/movies,and plays a tune befitting what befalls NFF.nkem owoh listens with sadness)
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by zicoraads: 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Length is less important than meaning. Don't be upset when someone points out your shortcomings. Use it to improve yourself.
I just feel like slaping your brain.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Mayor21(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nice one
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

You case arguments would be thrown out of court so fast, it would be ridiculous.

FIFA football membership is like an international social club.

You can be thrown out of or excluded from the club.

So because an entity is based or registered in your country means he government can come and change the leadership?

You think it is North Korea?

Nigerians have a problem with excessive arrogance. This whole story is a matter of Nigeria's gov trying to take over something that is a member of a private corporation, and then huffing and puffing because "how dare they? Do they know who I am? A whole me?"
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
zicoraads: I just feel like slaping your brain.

That would be an interesting experience. How do you go about "slaping" something?
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

How does it threaten the nation's sovereignty? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We have a situation where FIFA is telling us that an institution registered in Nigeria is above Nigerian laws and not subject to court rulings!

FIFA is subject to swiz courts but tries to bully Nigeria when NFF board is suspended as per pronouncement by a Nigerian court!

Is FIFA bigger than a Nigerian court in matters within our territory?
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

That would be an interesting experience. How do you go about "slaping" something?
I think the real question is how does one go about "slaping" NOTHING
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

I like your analogy best. Let me finish it.

The father doesn't like the papers his son has been submitting, so he tells someone else to write his son's papers.

The school tells the father he cannot do that, and they will expel the boy if he continues.

Angrily, the father allows the boy to be expelled, and also kicks him out of the house.

To punish the school.

The son is probably a dullard and above 19 years of age

he need to look for other source to fund his schooling

he certainly can't act as a boss over his fathers wealth when the dad is still alive.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by OuchDaddy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

I normally would not insult people that don't insult me while trying to "advise" me but I am going to tell you that you are a cretinous person!

If you think I have the mentality of African reetards that respect people by virtue of their position instead of the respect their character commands, you need your head checked. No wonder Africa is a shithole!

I should respect a cretin destroying people's lives because he is labelled No 1 Citizen? You are a cretinous person!

I am too intelligent to be immersed in such moronic cultural outcomes of Hofstede's high power distance societies.

You are one RACIST BASTARD!!!!! Permit me to condescend LOW to ur FUCKERY of a Life by adding one more
word. I am pure, peerless and
matchless and of course schooled both in
academics and manners, and quite distinct,
removed from and totally away from you and
your fuckery of a life as exemplified in ur very highly more than
base and crude foul mouth. I promise you one
thing; may be you think you are safely anoned
behind your laptop somewhere in your poverty
stricken, penury insured, lice infested one room
space, the words you utter will surely come back
to you despite ur ignorance which to me is
insuperable. Methinks you are one hellova
worthless scumbag, nitwit, ignoramus; a
scallywag and a jobless racal. Thunder fire you for coming here to Insult my own President! And if you ever quote me again,
na lightening go tear your empty brain! Anu ofia!...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 / Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos / Roofing Begins At The 17000-Seater Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.