Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls (1108 Views)

Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets / Activist Prays For Mali To Defeat Nigeria / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by MissyDivah(f): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
The Chelsea star says his thoughts are with the family of Nigeria’s abducted girls who have been held for more than three months in the Sambisa Forest.

Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel is praying for the release and safe return of the kidnapped girls of Chibok, Borno State, who have been held for more than 90 days by the Boko Haram sect.

More than 200 secondary school girls were taken from their dormitory as they prepared for their final exams in April in the north eastern Nigeria town.

The Chelsea star was pictured carrying a cardboard with the popular #BringBackOurGirls hash tag on his club’s official Twitter account on May 14, but spoke about the issue publicly for the first time on Monday.

“I wish I knew where those girls are, I would go there, pick them up and bring them back but it’s out of my hands,” Mikel said, while responding to a question by Goal at a soiree by Amstel Malta in Lagos.

In August 2011, Mikel’s dad was kidnapped in Jos but released after about 10 days in captivity. It is such positive ending he hopes will happen to the girls of Chibok.

“We will keep praying and keep hoping that [the girls] are all safe and they will return to their families,” said the midfielder, whose appearance in an Amstel commercial chronicled his early struggles as a young footballer.

The 27-year-old helped Nigeria reach the second round of the World Cup in Brazil before losing 2-0 to France.

He was named man of the match in their first game against Iran but came under criticism after the final match against Les Bleus where he struggled to impose himself on the encounter.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4959665?ICID=HP_HN_5

Re: Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by bennynaza(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hi missy, for some reason i can't fathom, i kept checking out ur profile far more than normal.
At first, i thot i have probably seen you b4 somewhere. But i doubt that cos u don't look so familiar.
I guess... In fact, lemme just get 2 d point. I will be very happy if you reply this post. I've got somethin 2 say to u. Thanks
Re: Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by hensben(m): 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
mikel obi is my guy!
Re: Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by Rounakid(m): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
... Make im dey pray 4 himself b4 praying for those abducted chicks... I too hate dat guy...sad
Re: Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by Rounakid(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
hensben: mikel obi is my guy!
U min that SNAIL...?:|
Re: Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by kennyslim1(m): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2014
bennynaza: Hi missy, for some reason i can't fathom, i kept checking out ur profile far more than normal.
At first, i thot i have probably seen you b4 somewhere. But i doubt that cos u don't look so familiar.
I guess... In fact, lemme just get 2 d point. I will be very happy if you reply this post. I've got somethin 2 say to u. Thanks

All these long talks cos say u wanna chyke am abi...we dey watch u!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare Wins Another Gold In The 200m Of The Commonwealth Games! / Between Eto'o And Drogba Who Has Made Africa Proud More? / Gtbank Masters Cup Season 4: Queens College, St Gregory Through To Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.