Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,046 members, 7,859,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:18 PM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (95218 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by kennylizzy(f): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
I will be right here waiting for ur nxt update ma'ma
Re: Generation To Generations... by Toeyean1507(f): 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Queenxstar: I'll try updating by morrow.
. May we witness more morrows #byHisgrace
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 8:24am On Sep 09, 2014
@queenxstar, babe u so good. i started reading GTG yesterday and didnt drop the phone till i got to pg 14, u got me glued to my phone, i cut cap 4 u.
i hope u wont mind if i point out some error spots to u. i read the story and write them out on ur request. nice meeting u on NLand. congrats on ur success. we'll pop red wine for u later or which one u want? wink
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2014

Azubuike Ezeugo filled the tumbler with McDowell brandy and went ahead to seat on a stool at the bar wing of his expensively furnished sitting room.

The lights were off except that of the bar, so he couldn't barely make out the hands of the large clock in the sitting room which was 1:30am, even if he knew, it wouldn't have made any difference.

He gulped a mouthful of the brandy and sighed as he wiped his mouth.

He allowed his mind drift to the event of the past eight hours.

He and his friend had barely sat through their first bottle legend extra stout in their favorite bar when he was called by his younger sister that his wife was in labor and had been rushed to the hospital.

His friend, Uche had scrambled to his feet and ran out of the bar and he followed suit after paying their bill.

By the time they got to the hospital in an hour, she had already been delivered of healthy twin boys.

When they were ushered in to see the bundles of joy and their proud mother and despite Uche's wife coaxing, he wouldn't carry the pink sleeping babies out of guilt laced with disappointment.

When Uche joined in the coaxing, he took one of the babies from his brimming with happiness friend and when Uche's wife began prophesying into his life concerning conception, he wondered if she would have done so if she knew that he objected to their marriage because she was petite and didn't want his friend to marry a woman with an incompetent cervix.

He sighed and gulped down the remaining content of the glass.

Life was indeed a b*tch as some say.
He reminisced, he that had married a woman with a competent cervix had not missed seeing her menstrual period for once in six years of marriage.

He poured himself around drink and took a sip. Tears formed in his eyes.

'Honey...' Ngozi called softly and approached him, clutching her night tie. 'I woke up and... ' She stopped short startled on seeing the bottle half drained. 'Is everything okay? '

'What kind of nonsense question is that! ' His glared at her with eyes red from sleeplessness, shedding silent tears and deep thought.

'But it's barely... ' She began.

'If you don't get from here, your parents will not recognise you anymore!' He thundered and got to feet.

Ngozi stood rooted with jaw dropped like a statue before a fountain. Her husband had never raised his voice at her.

'Get out! ' He hurled the tumbler at the wall before him.

As the smashing sound, she did dialogue with her feet.

+++
It feels good to be unrestricted.' Katherine expressed and pressed her face against the door glass.

Kelvin gave her a glance but maintained a blank expression as he continued driving.

He turned on the radio.

After five minutes of peering outside, she turned to him. 'This way doesn't lead to my house.'

'I want you to see my house. '

'House...?' She tried to read his facial expression which was unreadable.

'I don't want to believe you're in such a hurry. ' He smiled at her.

Katherine didn't bother to reply as she sat back and closed her. Something was amiss, she concluded when it suddenly dawned on her that he had been unusually quiet since he came back from the doctor office earlier in the day.

+++

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2014
lenmafon: @queenxstar, babe u so good. i started reading GTG yesterday and didnt drop the phone till i got to pg 14, u got me glued to my phone, i cut cap 4 u.
i hope u wont mind if i point out some error spots to u. i read the story and write them out on ur request. nice meeting u on NLand. congrats on ur success. we'll pop red wine for u later or which one u want? wink
Indulge me already with the corrections.

Welcome on board dearie. I don't do alcoholic drinks, a fruit wine will do.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2014
Toeyean1507: . May we witness more morrows #byHisgrace
One is here.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2014
kennylizzy: I will be right here waiting for ur nxt update ma'ma
I see you dearie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2014
Queenxstar: I see you dearie.
What about me?
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2014
queenxstar babe, thank u for ur story, am reading it for the 2nd time. i learnt that to get favor from people, relate and speAk with them in a language they understand, never look down on anyone, give people a change to give their best & a lot more. i pray to train my kids to be like katherine and to ve self-confidence to be able to face the likes of yemisi and patrick. pls before u publish ur book, get a good editor to edit out all grammatical errors. i like the way u put the thoughts of ur characters - </em>. u indeed a good writer. will send u ur fruit wine later smiley
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:37am On Sep 09, 2014
SammyHoe:
What about me?
I see you too dear

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2014
lenmafon: queenxstar babe, thank u for ur story, am reading it for the 2nd time. i learnt that to get favor from people, relate and speAk with them in a language they understand, never look down on anyone, give people a change to give their best & a lot more. i pray to train my kids to be like katherine and to ve self-confidence to be able to face the likes of yemisi and patrick. pls before u publish ur book, get a good editor to edit out all grammatical errors. i like the way u put the thoughts of ur characters - </em>. u indeed a good writer. will send u ur fruit wine later smiley
Thank you.
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 11:54am On Sep 09, 2014
queenxstar, in chpt 19 u wrote that olaide asked kathy to help him pick a dress for his wife but then in the hospital, he speaks of a fiancee who is a psychiatric nurse or are the two different olaides? pls check and see. cant wait 4 de xt update
Re: Generation To Generations... by Toeyean1507(f): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Painstakingly short and suspense filled! Come and update o
Re: Generation To Generations... by crislyn(f): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Yeah right..*sad*
Toeyean1507: Painstakingly short and suspense filled! Come and update o
Re: Generation To Generations... by Ziziola: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
Heeeey finally Kelvin wants to propose. I'm happy for him. I pity Eze smal but it's not his wife's fault now
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tnx for d update dearie, it was kool
Re: Generation To Generations... by chimerase2: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
nnekamezor: Tnx for d update dearie, it was kool
nne mu I hv been searching for u today kiss
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
chimerase2: nne mu I hv been searching for u today kiss
Really Any p?
Re: Generation To Generations... by chimerase2: 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
nnekamezor: Really Any p?
easy naa nna nawa oh, re we fighting undecided
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
chimerase2: nne mu I hv been searching for u today kiss
Really? any p?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
chimerase2: easy naa nna nawa oh, re we fighting undecided
nope, nt @ all
Re: Generation To Generations... by chimerase2: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
nnekamezor: nope, nt @ all
nne u frightened me, fear been hold me embarassed
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
chimerase2: nne u frightened me, fear been hold me embarassed
u dont say. I dont bite ooo.. So feel free
Re: Generation To Generations... by chimerase2: 11:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
nnekamezor: u dont say. I dont bite ooo.. So feel free
dnt wori I will mention u tomorrow so time to sleep nw undecided
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:34am On Sep 10, 2014
lenmafon: queenxstar, in chpt 19 u wrote that olaide asked kathy to help him pick a dress for his wife but then in the hospital, he speaks of a fiancee who is a psychiatric nurse or are the two different olaides? pls check and see. cant wait 4 de xt update
That was not Olaide but the production manager, Mr Kings.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:45am On Sep 10, 2014
Toeyean1507: Painstakingly short and suspense filled! Come and update o
Some days are like that Sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2014
crislyn: Yeah right..*sad*
Don't be na.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2014
Ziziola: Heeeey finally Kelvin wants to propose. I'm happy for him. I pity Eze smal but it's not his wife's fault now
Hmmm
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:19am On Sep 10, 2014
nnekamezor: Tnx for d update dearie, it was kool
You're welcome Sweetie.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Toeyean1507(f): 8:22am On Sep 10, 2014
Queenxstar: Some days are like that Sweetie.
. Of course I do know. Dat was d Oliviette twist in me. Do put a smile on our faces today...............*winks
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 9:21am On Sep 10, 2014
gudmorning queenxstar, sounds like u are mad at me embarassed pls just try and check first to see what i mean cos i had to read those pages three times.
will u update today? cos i've been hungry since yesterday for more
Re: Generation To Generations... by uchebest2006(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2014
I want more!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply)

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.