Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94972 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
princesssusan:
Wow daz my type i lyk aCtIoN!!
I bet it is.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
Jeanfortune:
meeenn!!, i want to be like Katherine when i grow up, pheeeww, that was some piece of action she put up there, DG SIGMUND, TEXAS, WELLDONE O, and for u Xtar, THUMBS UP JARE
Thank you darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ziziola:
Ehhhn! Nice one. Katherine the action mamma
Abi o
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Toeyean1507:
i want to be like d 'now' katherine when i grow up............#Wishful thinking. Kudos Queen!
I'll whisper that into her ears.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Annstar:
[b][/b]wow..... am loooving dis,...
I love it too.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hameenat94:
Wow! This z all gud dear.... I trust Therine 2 give them words dat will change their @s.. Buh Hester, this update z 2 short buh there's nothing we cn do 'cos u have both work nd sch 2 contend wit
Sure thing.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
Fatalveli:
Nice story ma'am! More inks to ur pen, but at dis rate in which katherine is blooming, I don't think she and kelvin will end up together... Well u can prove me wrong wit frequent updates
I try my best dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
yinxfun:
Well am also of Royal lineage tongue
Katherine Katherine!!.. cheesy
'Look at him well Evelyn, is he with a pen knife, gun,...?'
'No.'
'A sword?'.... This part got me giggling cheesy

Keep up the good work ma'am... And de suspense continues
Thank you dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
kingphilip:
wow queen tnx for hw far you've led us n I'm sorry for my long absence all these while but now I'm back for the beta

any update for us today?
Welcome back my Kingphilip.
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
Queenxstar:
Welcome back my Kingphilip.
tnx my queen

hope work went well
Re: Generation To Generations... by Fatalveli(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
kingphilip:

tnx my queen

hope work went well
King and queen! Me two be prince niyen
Re: Generation To Generations... by Fatalveli(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
kingphilip:

tnx my queen

hope work went well
King and queen! Me too be prince niyen
Re: Generation To Generations... by lilypet(f): 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
queen mother,i am so sorry,i avnt been commenting.you re doing a great job here,i admire u,u being a xtian made me luv u more.forgive ur baby plsssssssss.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jeanfortune(f): 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
yinxfun:
Well am also of Royal lineage tongue
Katherine Katherine!!.. cheesy
'Look at him well Evelyn, is he with a pen knife, gun,...?'
'No.'
'A sword?'.... This part got me giggling cheesy

Keep up the good work ma'am... And de suspense continues
hey u, its been such a while, how have u been?
Re: Generation To Generations... by yinxfun(m): 11:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Jeanfortune:

hey u, its been such a while, how have u been?
Yeah Jean... Have you been busy of late.. I really appreciate your gesture... Hope you're doing great??
Re: Generation To Generations... by onosj(f): 12:00am On Oct 11, 2014
Some kain situation dey make person change attitude. Mr Zachary just thank ur star!!!.. Queen u dey try e nor easy.
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
Fatalveli:
King and queen! Me too be prince niyen
for where? where princeadepoju de?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
Looks like we all have familiarise and made ourselves at home in the palace.
I'm busy in the royal kitchen, cooking up something delicious for we all.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Fatalveli(m): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
Queenxstar:
And we can't wait to devour ur delicious meal
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
Queenxstar:
my belle z rumbling already... #cnt wait
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
On behalf of Kelvin, I dedicate this update to all the smart guys in this royal family. You're the best!

+*-

Katherine stifled a yawn as the studied the slided information on the system.

She blinked severally and when the urge to yawn came again, she didn't bother to cover her mouth.

Her customized ringtone penetrated the silence in the office for the second time.

'Oh my God! ' She gasped and the pen she had holding dropped. Without looking at the screen of the phone, she knew Kelvin was the caller, she had a special ring tone for him.

'No...no...' She shook her head and moved her chair backward. 'I won't pick it.'

When it began to sing for the third time, she stood and placed a palm on her head as the guilty feeling washed over her.

She pressed the receive button the fourth time.

'Kathy, I've been calling you like forever, where have you been...where are you?'

'Emmm...I was... ' She closed her eyes. 'I am about to...I'm still...'

'Katherine.' He called more like a rebuke.

'Ye...Yes.'

'You're still in the office?'

'Yes.' She whispered.

'Katherine, this about two hours past SIC TEXAS closing time. For goodness sakes Katherine, that was not the basis of your appointment. What did I tell you last week?' He tried not to raise his voice.

She opened her eyes to glance at the wall clock. 'You said I shouldn't stay more than an hour after the close of work.'

'I'm glad you remember because I hope you won't think I'm an  extremist when I employ the services of a guard to ensure you're home at the right time.'

'Kel...I can explain.'

'I allowed you explain the last time and I won't have this time. I wouldn't be surprised if you've  not had lunch.'

Katherine bit her lower lips and prayed in her mind, she didn't want him to be angry with her.

'I guess that's a yes, you know what... as a matter of fact, good...'

'I am very sorry darling, I promise not to...'

'Call me when you're home and have eaten. I will keep my eyes glued to the time.'

'Jeez.' She muttered when the disconnecting tone hit her ear drum. She fetched her handbag, switched all appliances before hurrying out.
+*+
+++

Katherine eyes darted around the varieties, her confusion was not oblivious.

'What are we doing here?' She whispered.

They were in NaartjieKids Store  in Texas.

'Don't you like it here?' He returned and concentrated on the displayed shoes for boys that were not up to a year.

That was the most ridiculous question she ever heard in her life and she wanted to tell him so but she bit her lower lips. Maybe he just wanted her to assist him shop for a relative who just had a baby or some little cousins.

Funny enough the thought didn't seem to relieve the anxiety that seem to building within her.

First she had been surprised that saturday morning when the door bell began to ring.

She had planned to remain in bed until noon.

'Go away.' She had repeated over and over but the door alarm had continued ringing as if it was on automatic replay.

Lo and behold, when she opened the door, the sight before her and had made lurched and would have fallen save for his strong arms.

He came in and they stared at each other.

Kelvin wasn't smiling.

And she wasn't too.

She allowed her mind to begin to analyse how much of a charmer and handsome he was in a white...

Suddenly, she remembered how she must look and she fled.

He smiled but didn't stop her.

When she came back fifteen minutes later having freshened up and in a simple home dress, he was sitted, sipping juice and watching TV.

He looked at from her head to toe and asked her to go change that they were going shopping.

She opened her mouth to protest but he looked away and concentrated back on the television.

She obeyed knowing he won't accept no for answer.

He had arrived California two days back without informing her.

Now they were shopping and so far so good, he hadn't put anything in the cart.

With great sparkles in his eyes, he had commented on some lovely gowns for baby girls, shawls, little face caps and so on, always glancing at her like he was expecting her join his commentary.

How could she when she was clueless, surprised to see him and was still longing for her bed.

Soon enough, she begin to smile in admiration at the clothes and she began to imagine... her imagine became so deep that she didn't notice when Kelvin was handed a toy microphone.

'Can I have the attention of everyone please? '

She turned so fast that she almost lost balance. She stared at him wide eyed.

What now?

Like they were grateful for the distraction, they came around, expecting mothers, some with husbands or friends, parents, children, grand parents and babies too.

'This beautiful lady before me is Katherine Sylvester, she is the Bible example of a virtuous woman, she had been through a lot, yet came out strong. Everywhere she goes, positive change is bound to happen.
She had single-mindedly fought battles I couldn't fight in the lives of my loves ones.

She knows the value of family and that is partly the reason I brought her here so that in the presence of you all and even babies alike, I'll love to ask her to make me a complete man.'

Most adults were taking records via their phones and cameras.

He dropped down on a knee and produced a box, he opened it.

Most ladies gasped at the sight of the ring.

Tears were already streaming down her face as her almost unblinking eyes didn't leave his face.

'I am an inexperienced man and I need your wisdom borne out of your experiences to go through life. Katherine Sylvester, will you marry me?'

She just stared.

Kelvin heartbeats quickened with each second that followed.

The spectators began to cheer.

'Come on already! ' An elderly lady said and that seem to do the magic.

'Yes Kelvin ...' She smiled shyly. 'I will marry you.'

He heaved filled with an overwhelming happiness.

He slipped in the engagement ring, emerald with 18k white gold setting with diamonds as its gemstones, it fitted perfectly.

Kelvin stood, gave a low bow to appreciate the spectators who were still cheering and applauding.
He embraced his still stunned fiancee and then kissed her. 

The feeling was far more than he anticipated. Soon he  swept off her feet, out of the store into the car.

Kelvin drove to one of  SIC properties where one of the company helicopters was waiting to take them to California where an engagement party had been organized.

His immediate and extended family were waiting.

+++

4 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
Your royal pence comes in handy, don't forget to drop them in the golden bowl.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Tolulopegeorge(f): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nice work.tanx for the update
Re: Generation To Generations... by sebak(f): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
Am so happy 4 kelvin and katherine. Wch dem Hml in advance
Re: Generation To Generations... by princesssusan(f): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Yesso!!! It has apun lovely update my queen tnx alot
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jeanfortune(f): 6:46am On Oct 12, 2014
hmmm... when i saw the begining paragraph of the post "dedicated to all the smart guys", i knew Kelvin was gonna propose, buh i didnt know it was gonna be so grand...Esther the queen, welldone sis
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2014
Wow! Im mesmerized by dat proposal.. Some1 shuld pls slap me 2 knw if im nt dreaming... I so luv Kelvin... He's so brave nd He knws wat He wanted nd went 4 it... No corner corner... Infant Im on my way 2 my tailor's shop 2 go take my buba nd iron wit gele... Prep 4 wedding already# weldone Hess... Since dis story will soon come 2 an end

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 11:01am On Oct 12, 2014
I'm finally here. Sorry Queen, i've not visited this thread for sometime now.
I'm glad things are working out for kate, I am so happy to our two main characters got engage. You did well ma'am. May God bless you.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
Woow, @ last , e don happen....I'm super exciteeeed.... HML in advance Kathy n Kelvin... Wel done Estar n thanks for dis wonderful piece...
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
Beautiful royal ladies, Katherine wants your opinion of the preferred colors of the d day.

Handsome gentlemen, Kelvin wants to know your preferred color of suit and all that goes with it.

A little bird told me, a plane would be provided in Nigeria for the wedding and boarding would be on first interest basis.
Nnem, do help us write names.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
Tolulopegeorge:
Nice work.tanx for the update
You're welcome sweetheart.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
sebak:
Am so happy 4 kelvin and katherine. Wch dem Hml in advance
I'm sure they're grateful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Reply)

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.