Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94970 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
My queen, i'm here o. Nice work there, how kel and kathy? Hope they are having the perfect honeymoon?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
Revelation tym!!! Nice one dearie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Phlakes(f): 11:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
Queenxstar:
The palace is too quiet. Where is everyone?

Olansgee
fragilegal
grocery
sebak
lexaydfg
Bluestarry
onosj
queenjuli
yinxfun
Repteam
TaiwoAdeyemi054
Benjaminbest
Adebayomolara
Divepen
ALAYORMII
stilldre7
adeyemikenny5
PrinxArthur1
balash
Aliyuozioma
Dyoungstar
Phlakes
hassan85
uchebest2006
nnekamezor
Jeanfortune
TiffanyJ
Chimaritoponcho:
Topsy42
Jomrichy
Jomrichy1
Khemyte
imohcyril
WizyJ88
solace8
kennybelle
pinetulips
Anthony4578
kingphilip
wharldkhing
sEGXY2
Fehmy25s
youngprofdguru
slimfredo
buoye1
Balley
gal10
Rajosh
Bossforeva
Ziziola
Switcommy

Holla!!!
stil here, weldone queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by onosj(f): 1:37am On Oct 22, 2014
Marcus don't go 2 any spiritualist, look onto d Man of Calvary He has done it before and He will do it again for u and ur wife. Queen. May d almighty God increase ur Creativity!!!..
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2014
onosj:
Marcus don't go 2 any spiritualist, look onto d Man of Calvary He has done it before and He will do it again for u and ur wife. Queen. May d almighty God increase ur Creativity!!!..
Thank you sweetheart.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2014
Phlakes:
stil here, weldone queen
Thank you darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2014
TiffanyJ:
My queen, i'm here o. Nice work there, how kel and kathy? Hope they are having the perfect honeymoon?
Yes they're dearest.
Hope you're good.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2014
nnekamezor:
Revelation tym!!! Nice one dearie.
Thank you sweetheart.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2014
sebak:
Sup Queen, nyc update but cldnt unstnd it dt much but dnt worry i'll keep my fingers cross
Splendid choice dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:46am On Oct 22, 2014
Jeanfortune:

right here dearie
Oh I see you darl.
Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2014
Queenxstar:
Yes they're dearest.
Hope you're good.
I am doing great o. Abeg come update
Re: Generation To Generations... by Fatalveli(m): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nairalanders, it is here again. A thread where u
will be able to show appreciation to ur best
authors by just voting for them... Follow dis
link: https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/
literature-
section-awards-nomination-thread
Show them dat u are the best followers and
fans they can ever think of by just clicking the
thread above and cast ur vote! Thanks 4 ur time
Note: If u don't have a boo, we are also giving
boo for gifts there for both males and females
*lols*
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hector90(m): 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
My queen i dey feel u jor!!!
Re: Generation To Generations... by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
Phlakes:
stil here, weldone queen
make una forgive me,i dey write exam
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
Queenxstar:

What will I do without your smart mind dearest? Thank you.
uwc sweet@... Same here
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
'This is not happening to me, no...no...not my own Kafayat ...not my own daughter... not my own daughter. ' Aishat wailed, shaking both legs vigorously.

After the grey haired doctor had announced the diagnosis of her daughter thereby sealing her fate, she threw herself on the floor a couple of times and rolled on the cold ground as though the god or the determinant of fate will take cognizant of her and reverse the fate of her child.

Shakirat, Basirat and Yerima having been plunged into shock still yet to recover from the former were too lost in their individual thoughts, that they had not noticed their mother display talk more of consoling her.

Dishevelled and sored, she was now sitted on the marble tiled floor of the corridor that led to a couple of private wards in which her daughter now lay heavily sedated.

'No...no, what will people say that my child... my flesh and blood is in a psychiatric hospital.' She placed both hands on her head void of the earlier scarf which was now resting some distance away on the antiseptic floor. 'This will be generational smear.'

The words of her mother had snapped out Basirat from her staring into space state to focus at Aisha.

She continued to stare at her as she would a stranger while processing the words she had just heard.

'How can you allow your mind run so far mother, at least Kafayat is alive, what do you want the family of Saheed to do and say, he was the only son?' She glared at her mother obviously disappointed.

'Now you claim to be learned...' She shook her head and stared into space. 'Do you consider a psychiatric patient living?'

'What!' The trio glared at her as though she just confessed to being a witch and had been responsible for all the loss so far.

Aisha sighed and then heaved.

What if he got a call from Ada that his son had being to rushed to the hospital? The sudden thought chilled him and Yerima felt himself begin to perspire.

'Oh my God...' Yerima groaned, fumbled for his car keys and gave some inaudible excuse before hurrying out like the right hand man of the devil was hot on his pursuit.

Basirat burst into tears and her whole body shook as she remembered the event that was barely a week old.

After waiting for a couple of hours in the church for the arrival of the groom and his men, tension built in both families and well wishers. It was worst on the the beautiful bride, who paced, tried numbers no one seemed to be picking, paced and lamented.

'This can't be happening to me...Saheed can never do this to me.' She had repeated over and over again while sweating in the fully air conditioned 2014 hyaundi.

Basirat had being with her and said all the encouraging words she could remember fearing the worst until the news came that on their way to the church venue, a HIAB truck had lost control of its brakes and had used the Jeep Saheed was in as a wedge.

Saheed had died instantly and others in the car suffered a non-life threatening injury.

The news had sent Kafayat reeling to floor and after few seconds,  she lay still motionless.

She was rushed to the hospital and after three days,  ragained consciousness only to start  displaying psychotic symptoms.

Her doctor had no other choice than to refer her for expert management.

'I am getting scared, I don't know long it will be before I lose my sanity.' Basirat blew her nose and sat on a seat.

Shakirat let her guards down as she remembered her departed son, soon was kneeling on the ground sobbing.

Aisha sniffed and sneezed before burying her face in palms.

+*-

2 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 12:03am On Oct 23, 2014
Im beginning 2 cry 4 dis pple oh.. U cn @least tell us their real offence pls
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 12:39am On Oct 23, 2014
wow queen you've always been up n doing
really enjoying this piece

hope work is fine though
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jeanfortune(f): 2:06am On Oct 23, 2014
Hameenat94:
Im beginning 2 cry 4 dis pple oh.. U cn @least tell us their real offence pls
yes Queen, what have they done, that is telling on them now?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jeanfortune(f): 2:12am On Oct 23, 2014
hey beautiful people, ve got something to share and its about the on-going weekly interview for writers, pls, lets go over here WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD as well as the AWARDS THREAD and show some love
Re: Generation To Generations... by geoworldedu: 4:43am On Oct 23, 2014
Do you enjoy reading interesting motivational stories(fictions)?
If so, I have them for you free on the EBIAG website, www.ebiag.com

1. WE ARE ABLE (Story of deaf and dumb Rose who made it despite her physical challenges)
2. Everybody Is A Genius (Foreign story having more than 100 genius characters in it)
3. As E Dey Happen (A Pidgin tory wey go make you laff kon fall down yakata for ground)
4. Honeymoon In Prison (This will make you shed tears, highly emotional)
5. Hope And The Island Of Greatness(This will challenge and motivate you to do exploits in life)

Visit www.ebiag.com now to read them up.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Phlakes(f): 11:41am On Oct 23, 2014
I think karma is dealing with this people cos of what they did to the family of Katherine
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jiteshell(f): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
You are good but you still have this big problem, from your first story on nairaland to this one, it is still there.
You are good but the only thinq i noticed about your work is that it lacks continuity. If you work better on ur continuity rather than jumpinq from one scene to another,it would really take you places.
This problem was in dotted lines up till generations to generations. Please work on it, it makes your work tiresome to read.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Jiteshell:
You are good but you still have this big problem, from your first story on nairaland to this one, it is still there.
You are good but the only thinq i noticed about your work is that it lacks continuity. If you work better on ur continuity rather than jumpinq from one scene to another,it would really take you places.
This problem was in dotted lines up till generations to generations. Please work on it, it makes your work tiresome to read.
Please expatiate on what you mean by continuity.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
Any one with knowledge of CONTINUITY should please educate me.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
Eyah poor dem.... Wat goes around does comes around indeed... Grt job Estar....
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
Any update coming up anytym soon?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jiteshell(f): 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
Queenxstar:
Please expatiate on what you mean by continuity.
Ok, I would explain. One episode would be talking about for example the proposal but the episode before it did not match what happened in that episode also the episode after it had the wedding, it's like you just jumped. Sometimes katherine and kelvin are laughing in the office, the next episode does not continue. It's just jumping like a drama. Even scenes in dramas have continuity. At the end, you end up tellin the story and not showing it. I have no clear idea what kelvin or katherine looks like cos the description was not enough but that's another thing. I have been following you since dotted lines and mentioned this issue of continuity. To understand it better, read more novels, you would realise that each chapter follows and continues from the former, it may be weeks after but it is noticeable. Here I don't even know how long between the engagement and wedding.
Please forgive my long lecture, am sorry. No offense intended.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Jiteshell(f): 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
It's just like reading those cartoons at the back of vanguard today and the one you read tomorrow does not continue from where yesterday's own stopped but jumped, and it kept on happening with every episode, you surely wud not be happy and maybe even stop reading it, I unfollowed this story many times cos of it but I keep coming back, I can't help it embarassed
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2014
Jiteshell:
It's just like reading those cartoons at the back of vanguard today and the one you read tomorrow does not continue from where yesterday's own stopped but jumped, and it kept on happening with every episode, you surely wud not be happy and maybe even stop reading it, I unfollowed this story many times cos of it but I keep coming back, I can't help it embarassed
Thank you so much darl, God bless you. I'll work on it.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:15am On Oct 24, 2014
Jiteshell:
Thank you so much darl, God bless you. I'll work on it.
Sometimes I feel if I keep giving a back to back continuation, the story would never end. From the manuscript, I excluded some of what i counted unnecessary.

Glowingscenes after reading FIGHTING BACK, advised that i skip the unnecessary.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:32am On Oct 24, 2014
All royal members of the house, I crave to be better and I need all of your help, what do you think of Jitshell opinion of my story? Please...

Hameenat, Tiffany, KingPhilip and others who have read my other stories and this present one, what do you say?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply)

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.