Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. (4119 Views)

I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido / Military Treated Buhari Badly Under PDP — Presidency / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by PapaBrowne(m): 2:51am On Jul 16, 2014
The surprises that are associated with partisan politics in Delta State have played out again.
Prof. Pat Utomi, a renowned Economist and Director of Lagos Business School, who has been hobnobbing with the leaders of the All Progressives Congress, has declared to succeed Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan next year on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.
The professor’s posters now liter the streets of Asaba, the Delta State capital.
Prior to this, it was highly speculated across the state that Utomi, because of his fraternity with APC leaders in the state, would contest on the platform of the party.
However, on Wednesday, pundits were shocked to see his governorship posters, adorned with the ruling PDP’s umbrella.
The Eagle Online gathered that Utomi’s elegant entry into the political scene of the state have sent panic into the camps of other aspirants from Delta North Senatorial District.
Among those said to be shocked were Senator Ifeanyi Okowa and the former Speaker of the state’s House of Assembly, Engr. Victor Ochei, who have since last year engaged in the race to succeed Uduaghan.
Utomi, a former presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Mega Party, first hinted of his desire to join the governorship race of the state “to contribute his quota to the good governance of Governor Uduaghan” when he attended the meeting of APC Leaders’ Forum held in Ibusa, Oshimili North Local Government Area of the state.
The meeting was chaired by Engr. Hyacinth Enuha, about three months ago.
At the meeting, Chief Fidelis Tilije, a three-time running-mate to Chief Great Ogboru, the governorship candidate of the Democratic Peoples Party, maintained an “enough is enough” stand on PDP supremacy in the state since 1999, urging Utomi to join the governorship race to correct “all the wrongs and starvation the ruling party has inflicted on people of the state.”
APC leaders at the event carpeted Governor Uduaghan and his “selection” by a former Governor of the state, Chief James Ibori, maintaining: “Everything about Uduaghan’s administration is voodoo, mere cosmetics and media propaganda.”
But instead of Utomi yielding to the calls of the APC to see 2015 as “the favourable time to redeem the state”, his posters showed he had declared for the PDP.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/delta-2015-utomi-dumps-apc-prints-pdp-governorship-posters/

4 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by atlwireles: 3:04am On Jul 16, 2014
Utomi has done the unthinkable. What a great political move, let the race begin. The big heart state is about to experience issues based politics.

11 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by rozayx5(m): 3:06am On Jul 16, 2014
Head shot to the jweeds cry

14 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by ROCKJ1(m): 3:06am On Jul 16, 2014
Why are APC men all running into PDP now?

13 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by atlwireles: 3:09am On Jul 16, 2014
To all PDP members from delta north, well played.

4 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by esqtony: 3:12am On Jul 16, 2014
I believe this man has something to offer. If nothing else would make him work for the good people of Delta state, the quest to preserve his name on the sands of time will. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Gboliwe: 3:21am On Jul 16, 2014
Well, this sounds like good news. This is the kind of brains any party will like to have.

I will vote him if I were Deltan or living in Delta state.

11 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Hangard: 3:26am On Jul 16, 2014
The man have saved his face from the kind of Ngige Humiliation.

16 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by freelife4all(m): 3:50am On Jul 16, 2014
Nice move proff, you can only win in Delta when you join the pdp

7 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by theozobby(m): 3:52am On Jul 16, 2014
Something is seriously wrong in APC

10 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by texaco1: 4:21am On Jul 16, 2014
theozobby: Something is seriously wrong in APC
do u think tthe face of tinubu on any campaign poster is good?that guy is bad luck to any politician now,he should be avoided like a leper,most of these politicians have sounded people opinions and seen that the mere mention of tinubu and apc makes ppl wanna vomit.I don't think aregbesole is even disposed to tthe idea of tinubu going to osun to campaign for him. And secondly apc has got nothing to offer, they only criticise govt without proffering any workable solutions to the problems facing nigerians . Ppl have been taking note of all these things. They even insult gej and unfortnately for apc gej silence seems to gotten him ppl sympathy. I know there will be big problem withing apc very soon ,because many of tinubu candidates will be rejected by apc members

23 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by lafuria1(m): 5:05am On Jul 16, 2014
No cause for alarm, he will be back to APC after he loses the pdp primaries. To some of this politicians, APC is just a means to an end.

He feels confident pdp will make him their candidate but if that doesn't happen, he decamp to APC.
If he wins in APC, he goes back to pdp.
Same old ways.

10 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by BTT(m): 5:08am On Jul 16, 2014
Well, I'm yet to remember where and when the delectable prof claimed to have been a member of the APC.

But time and again the Nigeria electorates never seem to fancy technocrats. We hope Deltans will help prove this assumption wrong with Prof Utomi.

Good luck Prof.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Genius100: 5:10am On Jul 16, 2014
Fake news. Utomi has denied it...
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by texaco1: 5:15am On Jul 16, 2014
lafuria1: No cause for alarm, he will be back to APC after he loses the pdp primaries. To some of this politicians, APC is just a means to an end.

He feels confident pdp will make him their candidate but if that doesn't happen, he decamp to APC.
If he wins in APC, he goes back to pdp.
Same old ways.
you don't seem to understand nigeria politics and politicians . Which other party in nigeria has the capacity to compensate a candidate with more than enough goodies like pdp?
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by jarkbauer: 5:43am On Jul 16, 2014
It is a lie. See his tweet that denied it

4 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Decibel: 5:58am On Jul 16, 2014
ROCKJ1: Why are APC men all running into PDP now?
This is politics, nobody wants to be on the loosing side but would rather jump ship at any slightest chance.
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Decibel: 6:01am On Jul 16, 2014
Many APC members will comitt succide if this hurricane rocking their sinking ship does not stop. I weep for my country.
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by jarkbauer: 6:02am On Jul 16, 2014
Decibel: Many APC members will comitt succide if this hurricane rocking their sinking ship does not stop. I weep for my country.
Its a lie see his tweet
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 16, 2014
I read somewhere that Utomi denied this rumour. Let us wait and see how things play out.
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Smartsyn(m): 6:05am On Jul 16, 2014
The acronym APC and the word ' dump ' has been going pari pasu a lot lately.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Decibel: 6:06am On Jul 16, 2014
jarkbauer:
Its a lie see his tweet
You mean his political tweets? Forget matter, just leave it for Mathias.
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by tomakint: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2014
How I wish Sir Solomon Udele (KSM) would join the race too, he has a good heart for Deltans!
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by ChinoElects: 7:17am On Jul 16, 2014
Say NO to the Islamic APC!

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by koboko69: 7:37am On Jul 16, 2014
What about your source being thw vulture online.NEXT!

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by obiyaya: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2014
Utomi was my presidential candidate in 2011 but he stepped down and I had to vote shekarau.

he's a technocrat and an intelligent man. The kind of person we need in government.

Deltans are about to smile again

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by experimentist: 8:10am On Jul 16, 2014
Religious fanatics and ethnic bigots will wish this to be true.. Awon oloshi united! tongue
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by donphilopus: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2014
The 2 Politicians I respect in Delta State are Prof. Pat Utomi and Great Ogboru, irrespective of their political party!
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by rattlesnake(m): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2014
When ur APC timubu is urglier than a frog

I hate that guy dieee
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by rattlesnake(m): 8:55am On Jul 16, 2014
jarkbauer: It is a lie. See his tweet that denied it

nairaland home of liars
Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by seanet02: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2014
experimentist: Religious fanatics and ethnic bigots will wish this to be true.. Awon oloshi united! tongue
Abi o

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. by Hangard: 9:27am On Jul 16, 2014
jarkbauer: It is a lie. See his tweet that denied it
Then He should be ready to fail badly like Ngige.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Was Approached By PDP Media Team / “Coronavirus Will Disappear Even Without Vaccine” – Donald Trump / FCT Judiciary Launches "e-Filing", Case Management System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.