Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. (14869 Views)

The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
ChinoElects1: Abuja and maybe Calabar and Uyo of recent are the only developed cities in Nigeria( by Nigerian standard. PH, Lagos, ibadan are pure slums. All others are merely crawling to come out of underdevelopment. I am a wide traveler so I know the situation.

We should be more concerned about economically viable cities which is why I will continue to support the expansion and remodeling of cities as Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Kano, Warri etc..these are the real places that matters as far as Nigerian economy is concerned. And these 5 cities harbours over 60percent of Nigeria's population due to influx of people to these cities for economic gains.

every city can't serve the same purpose, economy for eg.
That's y Aba is not capital of abia and Onitsha that of anambra.
So, that a city is not economically viable as onitsha doesn't rule it out of the development bracket.
Enugu can't be compared to Onitsha in this regard, but will u say Enugu is not developed?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ChinoElects1: 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nwanne do not misunderstand me..

uobte author=Evergreen123]

every city can't serve the same purpose, economy for eg.
That's y Aba is not capital of abia and Onitsha that of anambra.
So, that a city is not economically viable as onitsha doesn't rule it out of the development bracket.
Enugu can't be compared to Onitsha in this regard, but will u say Enugu is not developed? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
phayvoursky: HELLO. THOU SHALT NOT COMPARE IBADAN TO ASABA.

Iv been to both places.

In terms of beauty, RATE OF GROWTH ( mind you ASABA was created in 1991 compared to IB that has been in existence), transportation and good road networks, infrastructures, organization, cleanliness. You name it.

Asaba is a model growing city.

You should compare Ibadan to Abakaliki or Lokoja.

That's why it nollywood's choice location for movie production.
Asaba should be compared to the smallest local governmebt in Ibadan because ibadan alone is bigger than delta state and bayelsa put together. ibadan alone has 2 federal higher institutions and several private universities, amusement park, zoo, first TV station, 3 shoprite complexes(one of which is their biggest outlet in africa) etc. It's silly comparing a town that just started developing with a city which has been in existence before the white men came, which if made a state, will produce 6 capitals the size of asaba.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

don't mind that dolt
now am so confused.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
Is Aba the most developed? grin
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Danhumprey: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
Samakinr:
...i hope you read what he wrote up there. I think he said 'state capitals'....be quick to read, be slow to comment
And did you read my comment well,mister man? Can you isolate the state capital from the rest of the state? Can you develop the state capital while neglecting the other part of the state? Did you read my comment at all?angry
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by chacoonder(m): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
nwabekeyi: Haven gone to most state capitals in Nigeria, I will be able to draw a conclusion that these are arguably the most developed state capitals in nigeria. In no specific other: ikeja, kaduna, port harcourt, enugu, kano, calabar, benin, ibadan, owerri, jos.
so u mean ibadan is more developed than Akure?..i dey laugh ooo.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by acenazt: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
customized13: Wait oooo, I don't understand what ibadan is doing up there ooooo, please replace ibadan with asaba or uyo.
bros asaba is not eligible. Have you seen the placeduring the rainy season Water pool every where no drainage.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by acenazt: 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
ehispapa: So Kaduna is noe more Developed than Kano? Kaduna home of Slums.
see this guy are you high on Rambo?? Which state no get slum for naija?? I no even see where the slum dey as even they bad area where I dey stay where them dey Kill pesin becos him steal still better pass Plenty places for kano. Damn kano capital no fine jare. Enta Ungwan rimi,barnawa,malali,ungwan dosa and dem oda fine places u go know say kaduna set.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ijikoeche: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Certain factors like gud road ntwrk, electricity, organised nd modern strxtures, enlightened ppl, adequate nd quality institutions at all levels make a developed environment. Lack of maintainance culture esp in our country can deter societies making dem look less civil. As such many Nigerian capitals r far frm developed. However, d first list is still d most logical as i'v been 2 almost all d capitals, bt stil, ibadan is still a minussss....

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Dikemaria(m): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
Emelcee: I feel bad when i discover than some Nigerians still reason backward 1912, how can an educated person say that Uyo is under developed? I have been to 28 state capitals in Nigeria and i personally will rank it thus: according to the latest infrastructure,good roads,cleanliness and planing...
Abuja
Ikeja
port Harcourt
Uyo
Calabar
Kano
Kaduna
Benin
Owerri
Ibadan
Others follow...
since enugu is.not in ur list,then it's faulty. enugu is the best state capital in the south east. owerri no near am at all.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by phayvoursky(m): 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
TribalEAST: Asaba should be compared to the smallest local governmebt in Ibadan because ibadan alone is bigger than delta state and bayelsa put together. ibadan alone has 2 federal higher institutions and several private universities, amusement park, zoo, first TV station, 3 shoprite complexes(one of which is their biggest outlet in africa) etc. It's silly comparing a town that just started developing with a city which has been in existence before the white men came, which if made a state, will produce 6 capitals the size of asaba.

wetn this one de talk?

you know where asaba de?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by NWANICHODE: 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Emelcee: I feel bad when i discover that some Nigerians still reason backward 1912, how can an educated person say that Uyo is under developed? I have been to 28 state capitals in Nigeria and i personally will rank it thus: according to the latest infrastructure,good roads,cleanliness and planing...
Abuja
Ikeja
port Harcourt
Uyo
Calabar
Kano
Kaduna
Benin
Owerri
Ibadan
Others follow...
ur post shows that you have not travelled before

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by DVanguard: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
phayvoursky:

wetn this one de talk?

you know where asaba de?

Have you been to Ibadan before. Look Asaba competes with a LG in Ibadan.
I laugh with people arguing about beautiful state capitals. Abuja is still the only planned and organised city in Nigeria for now.
Apart from AMAC (F.C.T, only LG developed and beautiful in Abuja), Ikeja (Lagos), Ibadan North LG (Oyo state ). PH (Rivers), Kaduna (Kaduna), Kano Municipal (Kano). etc. When we mention Ibadan as capital of Oyo state. the Administration point you talk of Ibadan North LG, which is as big as so many state capitals in Nigeria. (Awolowo RD, UCH, BODJIA, TOTAL GARDEN, etc).
Pls lets differentiate state capitals that are 1 or 2 LG combined.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
customized13: now am so confused.

His own evergreen has 3 'e' while I have two
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

His own evergreen has 3 'e' while I have two
kk, I get, these yoruba people are igbo sick.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
TribalEAST: Asaba should be compared to the smallest local governmebt in Ibadan because ibadan alone is bigger than delta state and bayelsa put together. ibadan alone has 2 federal higher institutions and several private universities, amusement park, zoo, first TV station, 3 shoprite complexes(one of which is their biggest outlet in africa) etc. It's silly comparing a town that just started developing with a city which has been in existence before the white men came, which if made a state, will produce 6 capitals the size of asaba.
What has size got to do with it? Ibadan is largely shanty, dude.
If u put everything in a capital city, it will sound developed.
Delta shifted a lot of tnz to Warri, and other cities so Asaba alone will not have all that .
Its even too bad u admitted that Ibadan has been there for ages, yet we are comparing it with a city created in 1991.
Ibadan is called city but most of it is in the town cadre.
And pls, stop talking about shoprite as an indices of development .

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
Danhumprey: And did you read my comment well,mister man? Can you isolate the state capital from the rest of the state? Can you develop the state capital while neglecting the other part of the state? Did you read my comment at all?angry
....then create your own thread like...'the most developed states in Nigeria'....
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by jieta: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
Blackvampire:
op remove owerri from that list there is nothing there..too many bad roads..i support calabar i remember the first i set foot in calabar n uyo i thought i was in another country so clean n green wit awesome roads...nice infrastructures...asaba would have being there if not for the tribalism exhibited by the urohobos .itsekiris,n ijaws bunch of hateful beings...anioma state is the way forward
you are looking for trouble watch ur flirting hands
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
heir01:
Well you only criticized other people's definition of development without putting forward what development entails to you. I believe development has a lot to do with infrastructures such as roads, bridges, housing structures etc and has more to do with updating these infrastructures to meet the global trend. Trust me the present day Uyo is more developed than present day Ibadan.
. Uyo cannot be compared with Ibadan in any way. It still has a long way to go. Ibadan is ancient but also has modern parts 3 times larger than Uyo metropolis or even more. In the East Port-Harcourt is by far the most developed city in everything including population, size, roads, business, housing, entertainment, number of standard Stadium, corporate organizations, largest oil industries in Africa, 2 refineries, one petrochemical, oil export terminals and rigs, standard hotels and high concentration of wealthy people.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by jakiedudu(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
DebateNigeria:
IMO Benin, Ibadan And Jos should be removed.. Uyo, Akure and Gombe should replace those cities. They may be big cities but not developed.
Do you have any idea of the massive infrastructural dev going on in Jos?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:
What has size got to do with it? Ibadan is largely shanty, dude.
If u put everything in a capital city, it will sound developed.
Delta shifted a lot of tnz to Warri, and other cities so Asaba alone will not have all that .
Its even too bad u admitted that Ibadan has been there for ages, yet we are comparing it with a city created in 1991.
Ibadan is called city but mosy of it is in tge town cadre.
And pls, stop talking about shoprite as an indices of development .
you are the one comparing both capitals, not me. Your hate for ibadan is really blinding you from the truth or perhaps it's pictures from that cretin chino that is deceiving you.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Itoroetti(m): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
what is owerri doing there
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

Abeg, Ibadan no make sense.
By appearance alone, Most of Ibadan is town and not city like.
Asaba is better

Most of Ibadan? God of mercy! Even I don't know most of Ibadan and I've been here for close to three decades.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
phayvoursky: Is it not this same IBADAN that celebrated its 1ST FLYOVER BRIDGE some months ago at MOKOLA.

So what's the development in Ibadan about

Take a CUE about development and organization from ASABA.

Clearly you don't know Ibadan. There were flyovers in Ibadan before some states get their first motorable roads.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
ChinoElects1: Abuja and maybe Calabar and Uyo of recent are the only developed cities in Nigeria( by Nigerian standard. PH, Lagos, ibadan are pure slums. All others are merely crawling to come out of underdevelopment. I am a wide traveler so I know the situation.

We should be more concerned about economically viable cities which is why I will continue to support the expansion and remodeling of cities as Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Kano, Warri etc..these are the real places that matters as far as Nigerian economy is concerned. And these 5 cities harbours over 60percent of Nigeria's population due to influx of people to these cities for economic gains.

You do realize that there are more people in Ibadan than Onitsha? Lol. You guys are laughable. Ibadan is the third largest city by POPULATION in Nigeria, I hope you know.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
heir01:
Well you only criticized other people's definition of development without putting forward what development entails to you. I believe development has a lot to do with infrastructures such as roads, bridges, housing structures etc and has more to do with updating these infrastructures to meet the global trend. Trust me the present day Uyo is more developed than present day Ibadan.

You must be a child. Comedy extra. So there are more roads and bridges in uyo than Ibadan? Lol. These children sha.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Ghost01(m): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
I take it most of those commenting about Ibadan on this thread have not been there before. Imagine someone saying Akure, Asaba, and the likes are more developed that IB. One even had the temerity to mention Abakaliki in the same breath as Ibadan. Jokes will never cease!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by shadowwalker101: 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
[img]http:///1rryYP3[/img]
Kk
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
django1:

Most of Ibadan? God of mercy! Even I don't know most of Ibadan and I've been here for close to three decades.

that is u not others
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
TribalEAST: you are the one comparing both capitals, not me. Your hate for ibadan is really blinding you from the truth or perhaps it's pictures from that cretin chino that is deceiving you.

I have been there, dude.
It was looking shanty, so I wrote it off.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

that is u not others

So, you have been to most of ibadan?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LG Election: Lagos Govt. Announces Restriction Of Movement / Onnoghen Should Resign – Lawyers / We Are Convinced PDP Won 2019 Presidential Election –Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.